BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 1713
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 2:52:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By m6z:
Nice to see the continued positive movement.  

I would be quite happy with a $20 close next week.
View Quote

I would be ecstatic.
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 2:59:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I've got some $15.50 shares, some $17 and some $20's I'd like to get out from under so I average down.

Without anything substantial being said by SS or some MSFT MEMS buyout I see us trickling down again in share price.  Don't be kicking me in the balls for that since I'm just looking at history for support.  Can't deny facts.  (Well you can but you'd have to be elected to public office)

Link Posted: 8/6/2021 3:00:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 3:04:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Knowing many of us here hold shares in SENS, what are the thoughts going into that EC? Similar to MVIS or expect a dip after?
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 3:18:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FelisTacet] [#5]
Originally Posted By Psoas:
Knowing many of us here hold shares in SENS, what are the thoughts going into that EC? Similar to MVIS or expect a dip after?
View Quote

Well...if today's SENS price action is any indication of sentiment...
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 3:23:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By EvoXGunner:

What strike?
View Quote

Whoops, sorry.  The $40 strike!
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 3:25:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mks99] [#7]
oooffffff!!! Looks like a lot of folks had $3.25 sells in place for SENS.

ETA: or maybe $3.29's with stop losses on the way down too.  Getting hit pretty hard now.
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 3:27:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NIevo] [#8]
SENS is trying to get in on the action the last couple days too.

Edit:   Damnit beat
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 3:47:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Glock63:

I think Allen's reference about calling after the EC was in regards to MSFT finally being publicly acknowledged as a customer during said call.  I  believe $20 this month will be a tough nut to crack without something concrete.  Ill be very pleased to be wrong. I Only have about 15% of my shares risked on covered calls.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Glock63:
Originally Posted By FelisTacet:

The part in bold.

The responses from Dave Allen in reference to prior emails about "call me after the EC" is what had me predicting the rise in price after the EC.

the second part of my prediction is news.  I do think we will see more news before 8/13.  I am not AS CONFIDENT in that as I was the EC spike, but I'm still pretty confident.

This is purely speculation, but even if that doesn't turn out to be the case, I didn't lose anything except for a Covered Call premium.  It's less risk than having my shares called away for ~25% less than I could have sold them for outright if there's another rise as I suspect there to be.

I think Allen's reference about calling after the EC was in regards to MSFT finally being publicly acknowledged as a customer during said call.  I  believe $20 this month will be a tough nut to crack without something concrete.  Ill be very pleased to be wrong. I Only have about 15% of my shares risked on covered calls.

It was acknowledged, but no media has run with it; they all say "mvis missed expectations, but is rising on hope"
I'd love to see what happens if a *credible* analyst discusses what the MSFT connection means
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 3:51:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FelisTacet] [#10]
That fight to the $15.50 finish...

C'mon MVIS!  Knock it out!

Link Posted: 8/6/2021 3:56:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Alright.  You guys made me do it.  

Sunk $2,000 into DPLS.  In for the pain and suffering.

Prepare for the bag holding now that I'm going to drag you down.
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 3:57:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 3:59:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Admiral_Crunch] [#13]
Originally Posted By mks99:
Alright.  You guys made me do it.  

Sunk $2,000 into DPLS.  In for the pain and suffering.

Prepare for the bag holding now that I'm going to drag you down.
View Quote

I'm in at .11.  Holding here.  Fortunately, it's just a couple hundred bucks worth.  I made a bit of profit off it earlier on, so I consider these free shares anyway.
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 3:59:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: snakes19] [#14]
15.50ish seemed to be its happy place this afternoon

this is the highest close since 7-9-21
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 4:01:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By snakes19:
View Quote

Considering where we were earlier this week, I'm okay with that.  
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 4:04:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FelisTacet] [#16]
Originally Posted By Admiral_Crunch:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Admiral_Crunch:
Originally Posted By snakes19:

Malbec was correct two days in a row.

The REAL hero is @dirtface45!  Way to pull us out of the gutter, kid.  Have a drunken weekend, but don't play in the road.  We may need you Monday!
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 4:06:30 PM EDT
[#17]
I ended up rolling those calls to next week. Hovered on 15.50 for entirely too long.
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 4:09:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By 58Teague:
I ended up rolling those calls to next week. Hovered on 15.50 for entirely too long.
View Quote

Yeah, that last hour was back and forth 4-5 cents along the $15.50 line.  

Sucks that you had to do what you had to do and where it closed at after all, but let's all hope for the best for those shares.
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 4:13:39 PM EDT
[#19]

Malbec was correct two days in a row.

The REAL hero is @dirtface45!  Way to pull us out of the gutter, kid.  Have a drunken weekend, but don't play in the road.  We may need you Monday!
View Quote

IIRC, Dirtface is shorting it.
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 4:20:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Glock63] [#20]
Nice couple days.  Feels good to be above $15.  I think we battle that resistance at $15.60 for a bit before moving onward.  I have a few tickers I've been buying I want to mention.  Standard lithium (SLI) is a lithium mine in AR.  I mentioned this one a few months back, and it's more than doubled. Long hold for me.  Kempharm (KMPH) is a biotech.  The owner of this company developed vivance, and is working on a low side effect alternative to the schedule 4 ADHD drugs on the market.  Also working on a non addictive pain killer.   It's sitting firmly on support in the upper 9's.  Another long hold for me.  Sunshine biopharma (SBFM).  This one is kind of a lotto ticket.  Developing a therapeutic covid treatment that is in animal trials now, but the bigger story is their anti cancer compound IMO.  It too is sitting on solid support in the upper .10's, lower .11's.  Any piece of decent news will send this into the upper teens religiously.  I've made good money trading this one.  Love to hear thoughts on the above.
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 4:55:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Biotech companies are hard to guess.   SBFM is like a lot of small ones in that class.  Doubt they will ever be able to commercialize anything themselves.  Which leaves only licensing or buyout options.

480 million shares is a tough sell on that front.  Lots of dilution there even if they get a $1-2b buyout.  That is if their development pans out AND gets approved.  If your game is to keep riding the double when there is news you look pretty safe.  Looks like they are on a 6 month or so cycle.  Very long term you could see a multiple if they are successful but there will be lots of ups and downs between then and you'll probably need to be pretty deep into them $$wise to make a lot of money.  Depends on your risk level and time value of money personally.

They seem to hand out pretty BIG blocks of shares/options to folks as incentives. Nice if you are on the receiving end but not as a shareholder.  

Not an investment adviser as they say.  Doesn't look real enticing to me unless they have a lot of IP to lean on or you know something is about to pop or get approved.
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 6:41:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By evo7011:

IIRC, Dirtface is shorting it.
View Quote

Dickface also said he bought into CLOV around July 6th. Seems that's going about as well as him shorting MVIS.

Muh Sharts!
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 6:55:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Sold 15 MVIS covered calls today.  40 Strike, various dates.  Cash now and exit plan FTW.
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 7:33:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Over/under on a little apres-EC PR drop early next week to capitalize on the excellent progress of the last two days?

Take to heart Holt's comment about them stilling holding a significant piece of the ATM because of the stocks continued high market volatility. That financing is still out there, and short a MSFT capitulation and purchase of the NED vertical, it will be used when the SP is at a decent premium.

The ATM announcement was while we were in the $20 range. Hmmm, a hard 20% pop from today's close would put us very much in striking distance of that same window.

The EC was not only good, the ensuing discussion and dissection is bringing the adults back into the room...quickly. I was given lots of happy pills today, and they used the machine that goes "PING" on me, with a warning to stay out of financial transactions before I was sent home. They don't know me very well
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 8:22:47 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Osprey61:
Over/under on a little apres-EC PR drop early next week to capitalize on the excellent progress of the last two days?

Take to heart Holt's comment about them stilling holding a significant piece of the ATM because of the stocks continued high market volatility. That financing is still out there, and short a MSFT capitulation and purchase of the NED vertical, it will be used when the SP is at a decent premium.

The ATM announcement was while we were in the $20 range. Hmmm, a hard 20% pop from today's close would put us very much in striking distance of that same window.

The EC was not only good, the ensuing discussion and dissection is bringing the adults back into the room...quickly. I was given lots of happy pills today, and they used the machine that goes "PING" on me, with a warning to stay out of financial transactions before I was sent home. They don't know me very well
View Quote

Now that the cat is out of the bag about MSFT and hololens, anything preventing them from a real press release on hololens and IVAS?
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 8:35:50 PM EDT
[#26]
By end of the week next week.  Likely.  

By 8/20.  Highly likely.

By end of the month.  Without much doubt.

Done with buyout dreams, now it’s about a surprise vertical sale and somewhat more frequent news pops on our LiDAR progress.  I’m going to be careful with the majority of my shares in the interim, but still plan on gambling with Covered Calls.

I’ll get a little more crazy with them after the initial news pop, and/or a vertical sale.

MVIS holders and watchers have been horny for so long with little release, that first bit of REAL news and Mavis better be able to take a full load.  The price will explode.

Link Posted: 8/6/2021 9:57:54 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Osprey61:

View Quote
Best wishes bro.  My peon investment in MVIS may hit, it may not.  Don't care either way.  Just hopping you are free and clear of all the bad stuff soon......
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 10:20:51 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By orion251:
Best wishes bro.  My peon investment in MVIS may hit, it may not.  Don't care either way.  Just hopping you are free and clear of all the bad stuff soon......
View Quote

Thanks man, that helps a lot. Mean it, too.
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 11:38:46 PM EDT
[#29]
Been a good couple of days for our lady Mavis, glad to hear Osprey is on the road to recovery, has anyone heard from ISZ lately? I know he was fighting health issues as well. Prayers of ya both Osprey and ISZ.
Link Posted: 8/7/2021 11:41:16 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Total53:

You could sell 2 $14 strike Puts expiring today and pick up 200 shares for $2606 plus the fee (maybe $2).
View Quote

Just seeking clarification because this seems to good to be true and I am slow

First off, I upped my cash to 10k available.

I checked out Schwab and it looks like I can lock in a cash secured put with a strike price of $15 and an expiration of 24 Sep.  If I do this, I will receive between $2.20 and $2.95 per share for a total premium of $1,320 and $1,770 - all in my pocket.  

That means, if I am patient and wait until 24 Sept and the price does not go to/below $15 during the next 50ish days, I keep the $1,320-$1,770 and don't buy the shares.  If the price drops to $15 (or lower) in the next 50ish days, I keep the $1,320-$1,770 and buy/own about 600 more shares from the cash currently in my account.  

This seems like a win - win unless the price of the stock skyrockets and I miss out on buying 600 shares that could go from their current value all the way to the moon!?

Am I getting this right??

I already hold about about 2,250 shares at an ACB of under $6 so I feel like taking a little risk with options, making the premium and potentially having 600 shares 'miss out' on the rocket ship isn't too bad of a play.

Please let me know if this makes sense and what you guys think of this 'strategy!'

Thanks,

MPNelson81
Link Posted: 8/7/2021 12:55:39 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Mpnelson81:

This seems like a win - win unless the price of the stock skyrockets and I miss out on buying 600 shares that could go from their current value all the way to the moon!?

I already hold about about 2,250 shares at an ACB of under $6 so I feel like taking a little risk with options, making the premium and potentially having 600 shares 'miss out' on the rocket ship isn't too bad of a play.

Please let me know if this makes sense and what you guys think of this 'strategy!'

Thanks,

MPNelson81
View Quote

A couple of other downsides: If the price drops way below your strike, you are still obligated to buy at your strike price obviously.

Unless you plan to make funds available on expiration date, you will want to reserve some cash to cover it, so there is opportunity cost there.

Link Posted: 8/7/2021 1:45:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Total53] [#32]

Just seeking clarification because this seems to good to be true and I am slow

First off, I upped my cash to 10k available.

I checked out Schwab and it looks like I can lock in a cash secured put with a strike price of $15 and an expiration of 24 Sep.  If I do this, I will receive between $2.20 and $2.95 per share for a total premium of $1,320 and $1,770 - all in my pocket.  

That means, if I am patient and wait until 24 Sept and the price does not go to/below $15 during the next 50ish days, I keep the $1,320-$1,770 and don't buy the shares.  If the price drops to $15 (or lower) in the next 50ish days, I keep the $1,320-$1,770 and buy/own about 600 more shares from the cash currently in my account.  

Thanks,

MPNelson81
View Quote

Looks good to me, tons of upside in your plan.
As mentioned the biggest negative would be if MVIS shares dropped below $13. But really it will eventually pop back up.
The Munich show will be complete by a few weeks at your contract expiration, Sharma promised to share results. demonstrations, videos of the Lidar sensor in action.
Share price could be double your strike, you never know.
Link Posted: 8/7/2021 2:47:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FelisTacet] [#33]
Originally Posted By CajunMojo:

A couple of other downsides: If the price drops way below your strike, you are still obligated to buy at your strike price obviously.

Unless you plan to make funds available on expiration date, you will want to reserve some cash to cover it, so there is opportunity cost there.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CajunMojo:

Thanks,

MPNelson81

Yes, keep all that in mind MPNelson81.  That cash is locked up until the September 24th date.  This can be alleviated if your account is on margin, but that can get dangerous fast if you're not careful.

Another thing.  Even though these are "American Options" they seldom exercise early.  So if you see the share price drop below your strike say by mid August, the contract most likely won't exercise and the shares "put" into your account.  This is to the advantage of the person or entity that bought your contract...why exercise early when there is still money to be made by them (and potential earnings 'lost' by you)?

This is where fast thinking comes in, and why it sometimes sucks to trade options.  I watch my calls and puts like a hawk, and need to decide daily (and sometimes hourly like this past week) about if I'd be better off letting them exercise or buying them back and either rolling them out to a new strike price or later date...or buying back the contract and just buying the stock outright if it's going crazy like MVIS did this week.

The basics of Covered Calls and Cash Secured Puts is pretty easy, but there are nuances to getting every little bit out of them.  You learn those nuances as you trade options.  Theta and delta, Implied Volatility, 80%/20% to lock in profits, 90%/10% strategy, etc.

Sorry if this is all confusing...I wouldn't worry about the fine details right away.  Covered and Cash-Secured is still the safest and easiest way to play options.  I'm new to them too, but doing it for the last couple few months I've learned a lot.  The guys in this thread are amazing when it comes to helping each other as you've seen.  That being said, if I hit on anything incorrectly (I'm kind of new to this as I've said) someone PLEASE correct me.  
Link Posted: 8/7/2021 11:28:54 PM EDT
[#34]
I've been Cola Warrioring. Anything exciting happen?
Link Posted: 8/7/2021 11:34:06 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By KaiK:
View Quote

Mvis ended up slightly, has potential to run. Just needs the smallest news.

I rolled my first calls.

I heard you got beat.
Link Posted: 8/7/2021 11:39:37 PM EDT
[#36]

I rolled my first calls.

I heard you got beat.
View All Quotes

I rolled my first calls.

I heard you got beat.

I trained the guy who beat me to beat me.  

He is now proficient at shooting more better.
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 12:04:17 AM EDT
[#37]

View Quote

This is the way.
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 12:16:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FelisTacet] [#38]

This is the way.
View All Quotes

This is the way.

I thought Kai said he brained the guy that beat him at first.  I'd approve.
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 12:42:32 AM EDT
[#39]

I thought Kai said he brained the guy that beat him at first.  I'd approve.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/8/2021 6:09:50 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 7:14:45 PM EDT
[#41]

Guy built a pretty solid bridge. I'd be very surprised if some, if not most, of what he's surmising is accurate.

The HII portion is still the shoe I'm still waiting to drop. I have no idea how MVIS would skirt those uber-restrictive supplier regs and ITAR to go offshore even if they wanted to. I'm also sure MSFT is still low-balling (in relation to the IVAS revenue stream and their AR development) with the luxury of two to three years of a highly favorable contract working for them, but it's anybody's guess what constitutes a low-ball bid. $1.5B to $2B would be in the $10 to $13 range, which would pretty severely restrict a possible one-time dividend but all but end the end for ATM financing into the foreseeable future.

Right now I'll settle for a couple of teasers to bridge us into the public Lidar roll out. Twenty-two trading days is a hell of a long way out, and I won't be surprised to see the hedgies and SPACS coming with everything they have.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 8:18:12 AM EDT
[#42]
Pretty quiet in here, a little too quiet....
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 8:28:26 AM EDT
[#43]
AH is showing some promise.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 8:28:53 AM EDT
[#44]
 Did they leave for the Moon without us?
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 8:38:54 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Bthorn:
AH is showing some promise.
View Quote
You mean pre market?
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 8:43:45 AM EDT
[#46]
I should have sold more SENS puts.  
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 8:48:34 AM EDT
[#47]
This week should be interesting for Mavis.  

Might be some new institutional investment now that we are past the earnings call without damage and some positive directional statements.  Price did not pop a lot so I expect the shorts to drive the price down hard if the new investment doesn't fully support.  I'm sure there are some longer term contracts that are out there that people will be attempting to protect in their positions also.  Can't have people tempted to actually execute $16 calls that have been sold if they let the price go to $18-20.

I think we are in a waiting game now.  We wait for MVIS to get the CE approval and get production lines going so they can start shipping product.  We wait for MSFT to even get to a point where they have to decide what they are going to do (could be a long wait on that one).  We also try to figure out how volatile the shares will be with the Shorts and new investors playing till then.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 8:56:02 AM EDT
[#48]
Something something today something else about coffee.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 8:57:17 AM EDT
[#49]
Today is the day, I can feel it.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 9:01:38 AM EDT
[#50]
It will get better, I just need my coffee.
Page / 1713
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top