Page / 1713
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 12:37:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Those Jan 2023 calls are up to $5 now!
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 12:37:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FelisTacet] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By RatherBeLifting:

Yeah, there's going to be some folks learning about the "down side" of writing covered calls.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By FelisTacet:
Yesterday I reluctantly sold eight $16.50 Covered Calls contracts for 8/13 because I hadn't sold any this week...against my better judgment because I've been calling $20+ by 8/13 for a while now.

Well, I paid the price today.  Looks like we might hit $16.50 by 8/13 easily.  Bought them back to eat a total of $216, oh well.  

Looking for $20+ calls for sure now.

Yeah, there's going to be some folks learning about the "down side" of writing covered calls.  

Ayup!  And when we see the movement up and that it may hit way over strike by the strike date...you GOTTA act fast!  

I bought them back a few minutes ago for .50 per share.  Currently worth .65 a share.  No time to dwell on a buy back, just need to do it.  So acting fastish prevented me from losing another $120 in a few minutes time...so I've got that going for me, which is nice.
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 12:38:21 PM EDT
[#3]
looks like our girl Mavis is getting her facepaint and dress on for a wild Friday night!

Link Posted: 8/6/2021 12:38:50 PM EDT
[#4]
So far, today has been a good day....
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 12:39:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Tango:
https://i.imgur.com/2zqyZVk.gif
View Quote

Someone get Dirtboy in here so we hit $20 today.
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 12:39:15 PM EDT
[#6]

View Quote

I want to sell some but the pps needs to run up more where I feel better with a premium on the $20 calls.
Its gonna happen, just a matter of time
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 12:39:26 PM EDT
[#7]
*que Gunny Haney

DON'T YOU QUIT ON ME, FUCKER!!
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 12:42:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Bthorn:
*que Gunny Haney

DON'T YOU QUIT ON ME, FUCKER!!
View Quote

I'm kinda partial to the Col. 'madman' Maddox quote myself
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 12:43:33 PM EDT
[#9]
So is this the new floor. Damn it why didn't I buy more at $12.
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 12:44:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Vengeance6661:
View Quote

Because you were waiting on a fall into the 10's

I'm telling ya, tiny little buys every chance you get.  2 shares, 5 shares, whatever.  Avg that shit out
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 12:44:56 PM EDT
[#11]
On an unrelated note, my 401K just hit a big milestone.  

I have a large percentage of it in a market index fund.  Wondering if we're going to see a retraction from another Covid overreaction, or if money printers will go brrrt and continue pushing it higher.
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 12:45:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Vengeance6661:
View Quote

Every time someone asks if we're at a new floor, the price drops.
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 12:46:28 PM EDT
[#13]

https://i.imgur.com/qnC0SkT.gif

Someone get Dirtboy in here so we hit $20 today.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/6/2021 12:52:17 PM EDT
[#14]
A little consolidation breather and

Link Posted: 8/6/2021 12:53:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Is there Power Hour on Fridays?  I forget.
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 12:54:26 PM EDT
[#16]
View Quote

EVERY HOUR IS POWER HOUR!!!  

Link Posted: 8/6/2021 12:55:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FelisTacet] [#17]
Originally Posted By Admiral_Crunch:

View All Quotes

I beg to differ after the last couple months.  But if there is on Fridays, it started a couple hours early.  Lets see if it holds, and we don't have idiots taking profits for the weekend.

That "not staying in the market over the weekend" stuff doesn't make sense to me.  Not like people can use it right away anyway.
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 1:09:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 1:20:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Not enough umph to get over 15.60 right now.  Somebody ask that assclown to come talk some more shit.  We need another boost.  

Link Posted: 8/6/2021 1:22:04 PM EDT
[#20]
15.29 sold!😁

Let’s get 15.99!!!!
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 1:25:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By mj1angier:
15.29 sold!😁

Let’s get 15.99!!!!
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 1:27:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By rollin-tumblin:

Because you were waiting on a fall into the 10's

I'm telling ya, tiny little buys every chance you get.  2 shares, 5 shares, whatever.  Avg that shit out
View Quote

Exactly. Was waiting it to fall.

This is the way you're correct. I was looking for the grand slam now I'll have to settle for a hit here or there.
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 1:30:16 PM EDT
[#23]
@FelisTacet

When we writing some covered calls and what strike is "safe"?
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 1:33:21 PM EDT
[#24]
my stuff is looking good today!  MVIS, UNIT is up, PRU is up, TSE is up.  It's all so fleeting though.
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 1:36:58 PM EDT
[#25]
hares of Microvision (NASDAQ:MVIS) saw some unusual options activity on Friday. Following the unusual option alert, the stock price moved up to $15.58.

Sentiment: BULLISH

Option Type: SWEEP

Trade Type: PUT

Expiration Date: 2021-08-20

Strike Price: $16.00

Volume: 218

Open Interest: 983

Shorts and bears get beat!
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 1:39:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By mygreenkaw:
@FelisTacet

When we writing some covered calls and what strike is "safe"?
View Quote

Honestly?  I'm not a pro on calls at all.

What I do think is that we'll see ~$20 by 8/16 so I'm still looking at some 8/13 with a strike of $21 to play it safe.

My 8/20 covered call buys as of right now and last week, I've been looking around $23 as safe.  A couple others here believe these are probably safe and won't be called away.

Now, earlier, yesterday, I was bored and anxious since I hadn't traded all day and decided on 8 contracts at $16.50 strike for 8/13.  That was stupid, and I paid the price and bought them back.  I let emotion rule on selling those calls for a stupid low strike.
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 1:40:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: m3tric] [#27]
Is there a good resource for learning more about selling cash secured puts? In particular, what are the downsides to selling ATM puts to pickup more shares versus a limit or market buy?

Not comfortable selling covered calls under about $20 /share but would like to at least have a plan to pick up more shares on the next dip instead of trying to time the dip
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 1:40:32 PM EDT
[#28]
So I've got (5) Aug 6th 15.50 calls I sold. Should I roll them now? Or wait closer to 1600hrs? Premium was .30 a share. Say the share price is around 15.70, what are the chances I get called?
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 1:42:12 PM EDT
[#29]
hares of Microvision (NASDAQ:MVIS) saw some unusual options activity on Friday. Following the unusual option alert, the stock price moved up to $15.58.

Sentiment: BULLISH

Option Type: SWEEP

Trade Type: PUT

Expiration Date: 2021-08-20

Strike Price: $16.00

Volume: 218

Open Interest: 983

Shorts and bears get beat!
View Quote

8/20 $16.50 looks tastier if I were to sell some Puts.  

Actually...be right back.
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 1:51:23 PM EDT
[#30]

Buy another 1000 shares of MVIS and you may live.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By speedfix20:
Benzinga seems to think the bulls have taken over control of Mavis and the shorts are out.

Sorry, no hot link.

Yea, yea....low post count 13er.

Euthanize me for my own good.

I've got 3 years salary in right now. That's not enough?
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 1:53:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FelisTacet] [#31]
Originally Posted By 58Teague:
So I've got (5) Aug 6th 15.50 calls I sold. Should I roll them now? Or wait closer to 1600hrs? Premium was .30 a share. Say the share price is around 15.70, what are the chances I get called?
View Quote

A couple weeks ago I had another security that was ITM at the Friday close, with the premium floating around what I was curious to where a buyer would execute.  They were never called away.

The thing is, I didn't suspect the security would end much higher over the next few weeks so I didn't care.  With MVIS as of late, I'd be buying back the calls.  I did just that with some 8/13 $16.50 strike that I'd stupidly sold yesterday.

Anyone else have any input?
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 1:54:05 PM EDT
[#32]
Mvis hit my avg cost so it's all green from here baby
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 1:57:29 PM EDT
[#33]

A couple weeks ago I had another security that was ITM at the Friday close, with the premium floating around what I was curious to where a buyer would execute.  They were never called away.

The thing is, I didn't suspect the security would end much higher over the next few weeks so I didn't care.  With MVIS as of late, I'd be buying back the calls.  I did just that with some 8/13 $16.50 strike that I'd stupidly sold yesterday.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 58Teague:

Thats along the lines that I was thinking. I do believe it ll be over 15.50 next week, so not much chance in buying back in.

I'm going to keep watching it as we near the close, but chances are I'll just roll them.
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 1:59:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Glock63] [#34]

What I do think is that we'll see ~$20 by 8/16 so I'm still looking at some 8/13 with a strike of $21 to play it safe.

My 8/20 covered call buys as of right now and last week, I've been looking around $23 as safe.  A couple others here believe these are probably safe and won't be called away.

Now, earlier, yesterday, I was bored and anxious since I hadn't traded all day and decided on 8 contracts at $16.50 strike for 8/13.  That was stupid, and I paid the price and bought them back.  I let emotion rule on selling those calls for a stupid low strike.
View Quote

What makes you think this will hit $20 this month?  There's a ton of resistance in the $18.50 range, we can't break $15.60 today, and no expectations of news.  Honestly I think you jumped the gun buying back your $16.50's.  I sold Aug 27, $20 strike calls for $55/contract.  With a cost basis under $10, if they hit, so be it.  I don't anticipate breaking $20 until sometime in september, after the conference in Germany.
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 2:05:41 PM EDT
[#35]

Other than that being worth 3000 words, I don't know what that means.  
View Quote

You know when you're sittin at the blackjack table and everyone is split/doubled down and dealer is showin a bust card and everyone's cheerin for a high value card so he can bust. Lol
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 2:11:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FelisTacet] [#36]
Originally Posted By Glock63:

What makes you think this will hit $20 this month?  There's a ton of resistance in the $18.50 range, we can't break $15.60 today, and no expectations of news.  Honestly I think you jumped the gun buying back your $16.50's.  I sold Aug 27, $20 strike calls for $55/contract.  With a cost basis under $10, if they hit, so be it.  I don't anticipate breaking $20 until sometime in september, after the conference in Germany.
View All Quotes

The part in bold.

The responses from Dave Allen in reference to prior emails about "call me after the EC" is what had me predicting the rise in price after the EC.

the second part of my prediction is news.  I do think we will see more news before 8/13, and we've been told we will have news updates in the EC Wednesday.  Is that going to start before 8/13? Not sure but very possibly.  I am not AS CONFIDENT in that as I was the EC spike, but I'm still pretty confident.

This is purely speculation, but even if that doesn't turn out to be the case, I didn't lose anything except for a Covered Call premium.  It's less risk than having my shares called away for ~25% less than I could have sold them for outright if there's another rise as I suspect there to be.
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 2:14:05 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By zyx5432:
Those Jan 2023 calls are up to $5 now!
View Quote

What strike?
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 2:16:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Glock63] [#38]
Dupe
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 2:16:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Glock63] [#39]

The part in bold.

The responses from Dave Allen in reference to prior emails about "call me after the EC" is what had me predicting the rise in price after the EC.

the second part of my prediction is news.  I do think we will see more news before 8/13.  I am not AS CONFIDENT in that as I was the EC spike, but I'm still pretty confident.

This is purely speculation, but even if that doesn't turn out to be the case, I didn't lose anything except for a Covered Call premium.  It's less risk than having my shares called away for ~25% less than I could have sold them for outright if there's another rise as I suspect there to be.
View Quote

I think Allen's reference about calling after the EC was in regards to MSFT finally being publicly acknowledged as a customer during said call.  I  believe $20 this month will be a tough nut to crack without something concrete.  Ill be very pleased to be wrong. I Only have about 15% of my shares risked on covered calls.
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 2:18:50 PM EDT
[#40]

View All Quotes
Benzinga seems to think the bulls have taken over control of Mavis and the shorts are out.

Sorry, no hot link.

Yea, yea....low post count 13er.

Euthanize me for my own good.

How much do fry cooks make?  

Link Posted: 8/6/2021 2:20:12 PM EDT
[#41]

I think Allen's reference about calling after the EC was in regards to MSFT finally being publicly acknowledged as a customer during said call.  I  believe $20 this month will be a tough nut to crack without something concrete.  Ill be very pleased to be wrong. I Only have about 15% of my shares risked on covered calls.
View All Quotes

The part in bold.

the second part of my prediction is news.  I do think we will see more news before 8/13.  I am not AS CONFIDENT in that as I was the EC spike, but I'm still pretty confident.

I took it as him hinting toward good news in the EC...which yes, turned out to be MSFT reference as one point.  He new people would be happy with the outcome, so call him back so he can say "see?".  And, there it is.

Tough nut to crack with no news.  VERY tough nut to crack, I agree.  I'm banking on news.
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 2:21:13 PM EDT
[#42]

I took it as him hinting toward good news in the EC...which yes, turned out to be MSFT reference as one point.  He new people would be happy with the outcome, so call him back so he can say "see?".  And, there it is.

Tough nut to crack with no news.  VERY tough nut to crack, I agree.  I'm banking on news.
View Quote

Hope you are right!
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 2:26:37 PM EDT
[#43]
Friday afterhours news would knock it out of the park.  One can hope.
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 2:26:46 PM EDT
[#44]
Dupe
View Quote

Did you just call dupe on this thread?  

Link Posted: 8/6/2021 2:29:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FelisTacet] [#45]

View All Quotes
Dupe

We'd need a link for that.  It would suck knowing I missed out on MVIS at .03 cents per share.

By the way, where's our fearless leader today?  

I'd like to know his thoughts on today's price action and what he suspects afterhours and next week will bring if we close over $15.50
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 2:34:53 PM EDT
[#46]
Looking like maybe we've peaked for the day.
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 2:41:30 PM EDT
[#47]
Looking like maybe we've peaked for the day.
View Quote

I know I have
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 2:45:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Admiral_Crunch] [#48]
Well, I could claim I was being clever and all reverse-psychological and such.    Back up 25 cents in the last few minutes.
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 2:49:05 PM EDT
[#49]
I was hoping for $16 before close.  it could happen.  I have been in and out of MVIS a few times, but my current cost basis is around 17 and change.  I have a feeling a real catalyst is going to put me in a good position even at that price.  maybe I'm crazy.  
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 2:51:48 PM EDT
[#50]
Nice to see the continued positive movement.  

I would be quite happy with a $20 close next week.
Page / 1713
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top