User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 1713
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 12:15:56 PM EDT
[#1]
MVIS... why you do this to me
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 12:46:59 PM EDT
[#2]
I wasn't going to post this, but something happened that made a connection to this thread, besides spending money.

My 12 1/2 year old pup did something stupid the other day & got into some bad garbage gave himself another round of pancreatitis.  A visit yesterday morning to his regular vet, Doc thought it wasn't as bad, so he came home after a few meds.  But then he got worse late yesterday afternoon and the we were off to the doggie ER.  Pancreatitis was confirmed with blood work & ultrasound.

Was touch & go last night when the Doc said he was 50-50, but he pulled thru.  His blood sugar was so high, it was unreadable.  Doc said he also has an inflamed stomach most likely from eating something rancid from the garbage.

About 3 1/2 years ago, he did a similar thing, became diabetic and developed rapid onset cataracts in both eyes, so he can't see well, just mostly light & dark shadows & movement. We give him 2 insulin shots per day.

If all goes well, he'll come home tomorrow.  The problem is, he isn't eating.  Has no interest at all in food and, if he doesn't eat, how much insulin do we give him?  The Doc said he should be back to eating by Sunday & he will put in a FreeStyle Libre CGM system just before we pick him up.  It'll read his blood glucose for 2 weeks & we can see the readings using our smart phones.  It even records & saves all the data.  I didn't know they had these for dogs.  I looked it up...Abbott Labs makes it.  I told my wife that SENS makes a system too & they have one coming soon that will last for 6 months.  Her first words were "you should buy some of their stock".  

Pic when he was a puppy...killing anything that was plastic.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/13/2021 12:48:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KaiK] [#3]
I should have bought more WISH. It's up a $1 from when I bought.
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 12:52:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By m6z:
ME
View Quote

Interesting first quarterly earnings report as a public company.  Negative earnings, positive cash flow (EBITDA) of $1 million, and cash on the balance sheet of $770 million (after completing merger with the SPAC).

Link Posted: 8/13/2021 12:54:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By TONTO44:
I wasn't going to post this, but something happened that made a connection to this thread, besides spending money.

My 12 1/2 year old pup did something stupid the other day & got into some bad garbage gave himself another round of pancreatitis.  A visit yesterday morning to his regular vet, Doc thought it wasn't as bad, so he came home after a few meds.  But then he got worse late yesterday afternoon and the we were off to the doggie ER.  Pancreatitis was confirmed with blood work & ultrasound.

Was touch & go last night when the Doc said he was 50-50, but he pulled thru.  His blood sugar was so high, it was unreadable.  Doc said he also has an inflamed stomach most likely from eating something rancid from the garbage.

About 3 1/2 years ago, he did a similar thing, became diabetic and developed rapid onset cataracts in both eyes, so he can't see well, just mostly light & dark shadows & movement. We give him 2 insulin shots per day.

If all goes well, he'll come home tomorrow.  The problem is, he isn't eating.  Has no interest at all in food and, if he doesn't eat, how much insulin do we give him?  The Doc said he should be back to eating by Sunday & he will put in a FreeStyle Libre CGM system just before we pick him up.  It'll read his blood glucose for 2 weeks & we can see the readings using our smart phones.  It even records & saves all the data.  I didn't know they had these for dogs.  I looked it up...Abbott Labs makes it.  I told my wife that SENS makes a system too & they have one coming soon that will last for 6 months.  Her first words were "you should buy some of their stock".  

Pic when he was a puppy...killing anything that was plastic.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/327731/0531001545a_jpg-2051081.JPG

View Quote

When our diabetic schnauzer wouldn't eat we gave him baby food. It worked for a few days until his cancer caught up to him.
He was a great dog, very talkative

He was also mostly blind and had insulin shots for the last year or so of his life. Our vet never mentioned the monitor
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 1:39:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TxTacticalArms] [#6]
Added 59 more shares of Ms Mavis at $14.25…. I really should try to start diversifying.
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 1:52:34 PM EDT
[#7]
So I have 3 $12 MVIS calls coming due today and I just realized that although I have been messing around with options for a while now, I have not actually EXERCISED any ITM calls.  Is it automatic?  I can't seem to find button that says "exercise".  This is on Fidelity.
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 2:00:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Admiral_Crunch] [#8]
I just put in a small buy order for MVIS at 14.17, so maybe that'll push it up away from my buy order.

ETA:  Aaaand it just executed.
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 2:18:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Looks like I am buying 100 shares at $15 and 100 shares at $14.50 later tonight.
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 2:19:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By EagleArmsHBAR:
Looks like I am buying 100 shares at $15 and 100 shares at $14.50 later tonight.
View Quote

You'll smile about it when we hit 20+ again!
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 2:30:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By mygreenkaw:

You'll smile about it when we hit 20+ again!
View Quote

That will round me out with 3,000 shares, so here's hoping.
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 2:41:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By war86:
So I have 3 $12 MVIS calls coming due today and I just realized that although I have been messing around with options for a while now, I have not actually EXERCISED any ITM calls.  Is it automatic?  I can't seem to find button that says "exercise".  This is on Fidelity.
View Quote

Anybody?  Bueller?
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 2:50:01 PM EDT
[#13]

Anybody?  Bueller?
View Quote

My calls have an exercise button
I'm on TD
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 2:50:16 PM EDT
[#14]

Anybody?  Bueller?
View Quote

Should be automatic.

I’m new to options and just started playing with covered calls recently myself.
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 2:56:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By FelisTacet:
Hoping for news on MVIS and IVAS to spike us above $16.50 (or other news) before the close today, but that's a long shot.  @glock63 can call me out on buying my calls back early if we don't hit it, and rightfully so.

Also, I screwed up on selling Puts on WISH for 8/13 @ $9.00.  I'll see what I think about it mid-day Friday if I really want to but them back or not.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By FelisTacet:
Hoping for news on MVIS and IVAS to spike us above $16.50 (or other news) before the close today, but that's a long shot.  @glock63 can call me out on buying my calls back early if we don't hit it, and rightfully so.

Also, I screwed up on selling Puts on WISH for 8/13 @ $9.00.  I'll see what I think about it mid-day Friday if I really want to but them back or not.

I somehow convinced myself to stick with the $15.00, $15.50, and $16.00 calls I sold after the EC.  Looks like they are going to expire worthless.

Unfortunately, I will probably have to roll forward some puts next week.

Originally Posted By Total53:
Originally Posted By Bthorn:
Dpls looking spicy.  It may be my only green today.  

I am out, took profits yesterday and will wait for another dip.
DPLS is just crazy cheap fun

Looks like the limit order I had setup executed at $0.1549.  Now to wait for it to hopefully dip back below $0.10.

Originally Posted By KaiK:
SENS, why you being bipolar?

All the calls I sold on it are looking good again though.

I gambled when it was running strong and sold some in the money $3.50 8/20 puts to go with the $3.00 ones I sold awhile back.  If things don't turn around quick next week I'm going to have to roll those too.

Link Posted: 8/13/2021 3:03:52 PM EDT
[#16]

Anybody?  Bueller?
View All Quotes

Anybody?  Bueller?

ITM options automatically exercise on Fidelity upon expiration. If you wish to exercise early or do not wish to exercise, you have to call. There is no mechanism to do that online.
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 3:07:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 3:11:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Bought back the WISH $7 calls I sold this morning
Cost me $20 more than I sold them for but I sold the shares for
$7.45 instead of $7 so I came out ahead
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 3:13:12 PM EDT
[#19]
I mentioned SESN yesterday. Seems they had another good day, but currently halted and news of FDA declined approval. I wonder if they intend to do damage control before allowing to trade again. There's some crazy L2 data going on there.

As I was typing it, unhallted dropped from about 5.90 to .80, halted again.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 3:13:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By CajunMojo:

ITM options automatically exercise on Fidelity upon expiration. If you wish to exercise early or do not wish to exercise, you have to call. There is no mechanism to do that online.
View Quote

Thank you.  That is honestly ridiculous that you have to call to exercise before expiration.  How hard would it be to put a button there?
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 3:17:31 PM EDT
[#21]
I mentioned SESN yesterday. Seems they had another good day, but currently halted and news of FDA declined approval. I wonder if they intend to do damage control before allowing to trade again. There's some crazy L2 data going on there.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/59505/Capture2_JPG-2051344.JPG
View Quote

that's the shit that makes me look at Ms Mavis and her anemic ways this week like
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 3:20:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Gotta wonder if people are managing to unload to those poor souls who still have $5 orders up.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 3:20:50 PM EDT
[#23]

I can bid a penny on TD.
View All Quotes
What brokers allow buying cheap options in increments of .01?

It sucks wanting to buy back my calls while they are cheap as hell but I have to bid .05 or .10, then see it trading for .06.

I can bid a penny on TD.

Same here. This is one of the main reasons I don't like Schwab. Only keep it for OTC stonks.

Found out yesterday that I can't download the Schwab app on my s6 tablet. Something about compatibility. Can download it on my iPad. Maybe it's Schwab's fault, maybe not. Long story short, besides no OTC fee, Schwab sucks.
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 3:23:06 PM EDT
[#24]
Can anyone explain why Jan 2023 $7 MVIS puts pay $2.65 a share?
Is this free money to sell them?
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 3:23:18 PM EDT
[#25]
ME
View Quote

Eh, time to buy a little more. I think their earnings came out yesterday or today but haven't had a chance to look yet.
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 3:25:06 PM EDT
[#26]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/59505/Capture2_JPG-2051344.JPG
View Quote

i wonder if thats partially to blame for SENS big dip today.
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 3:25:27 PM EDT
[#27]

Thank you.  That is honestly ridiculous that you have to call to exercise before expiration.  How hard would it be to put a button there?
View All Quotes

@Whiskersthecat has webull or some shit. They have a chat function instead... ask him how that works out.  

Honestly though, a button would be great... nothing like 30 minutes on hold for something that simple. Still better than 2 days of chat where they are claiming you don't own the contracts you want to exercise, lol.
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 3:34:26 PM EDT
[#28]
View Quote

Sell 2 $16 calls on Monday and every Monday after....
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 3:40:38 PM EDT
[#29]
Somebody has the knives out for SOFI... trading volume insane. I picked up another 25 shares at $15.
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 3:42:37 PM EDT
[#30]
View Quote

Lot of discussion on the discord site about max pain price putting the squeeze on option traders. I don't know enough about it to explain but it sounds like it might be working, another weapon by MM snakes to screw over the retail investors.
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 3:50:58 PM EDT
[#31]
Snatched some SESN at the massive dip as a gamble... up 35% at the moment but keeps halting. This is fun... at least for the moment.
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 3:55:52 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By colt_thompson:
View Quote

Well Feb of '22 is paying out $4 a share for $13 strike.
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 3:58:26 PM EDT
[#33]
Bought back the WISH $7 calls I sold this morning
Cost me $20 more than I sold them for but I sold the shares for
$7.45 instead of $7 so I came out ahead
View Quote

I rolled 1 call to next week. Got another $12.  These things print money.  
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 4:00:12 PM EDT
[#34]
View Quote

Not if MVIS goes below $4.45. But if not yes.
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 4:00:40 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By kered:

i wonder if thats partially to blame for SENS big dip today.
View Quote

Things like that do happen.
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 4:01:49 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By TinSpinner:

Lot of discussion on the discord site about max pain price putting the squeeze on option traders. I don't know enough about it to explain but it sounds like it might be working, another weapon by MM snakes to screw over the retail investors.
View Quote

Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 4:03:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: colt_thompson] [#37]

I like to move to a larger cash position for weekends

View Quote

View Quote

Seems like a limited downside
Sell puts while MVIS drops and buy them back when it goes up
Rinse/repeat
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 4:04:09 PM EDT
[#38]
another shit day for Lidar

MVIS down 4.66%
LAZR down 1.03%
VLDR down 6.59%
AEVA down 5.68%
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 4:12:56 PM EDT
[#39]

Rinse/repeat
View Quote

It would seem that way, but I have managed to fuck it up a few times.
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 4:34:36 PM EDT
[#40]

Rinse/repeat
View All Quotes

Rinse/repeat

Only downside is having that much money tied up for that long.
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 4:37:07 PM EDT
[#41]

Rinse/repeat
View Quote

The value of far away puts doesn't really change all that much day to day.  

Link Posted: 8/13/2021 6:28:44 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By mygreenkaw:
MVIS... why you do this to me
View Quote

She's just testing your loyalty.

Link Posted: 8/13/2021 6:33:39 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By zyx5432:

Interesting first quarterly earnings report as a public company.  Negative earnings, positive cash flow (EBITDA) of $1 million, and cash on the balance sheet of $770 million (after completing merger with the SPAC).

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By zyx5432:
ME

Same here. Looks like a good company. I should have sold this dog after the merger but past me was going to hold long and didn't understand that taking a profit is a good thing.
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 6:56:59 PM EDT
[#44]
well its back down again, I could buy back in
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 7:05:05 PM EDT
[#45]

View Quote

@Whiskersthecat has webull or some shit. They have a chat function instead... ask him how that works out.  

Honestly though, a button would be great... nothing like 30 minutes on hold for something that simple. Still better than 2 days of chat where they are claiming you don't own the contracts you want to exercise, lol.
View Quote

Webull makes you chat. They now have a number you can call. I texted to excercise during a 100% spike. They responded:

Okay sure, but not now. We do them all in a batch after close. (It closes 80% instead of 100%)

(Okay)

Next day I messaged them "Hey you didn't excercise my options!"

Sorry lol u sold them

Me:  "HERE'S A SCREEN SHOT I DIDN'T SELL THEM, PLEASE EXCERCISE" they are up 60% at this point

(Nothing)

A total of 48 hours later I sold the contracts at 40% gain. Losing 60% of what I had.

A full 12 hours AFTER THAT they responded "Oh lol looks like u sold these"

Link Posted: 8/13/2021 7:08:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KaiK] [#46]
Originally Posted By WhiskersTheCat:

Webull makes you chat. They now have a number you can call. I texted to excercise during a 100% spike. They responded:

Okay sure, but not now. We do them all in a batch after close. (It closes 80% instead of 100%)

(Okay)

Sorry lol u sold them

Me:  "HERE'S A SCREEN SHOT I DIDN'T SELL THEM, PLEASE EXCERCISE" they are up 60% at this point

(Nothing)

A total of 48 hours later I sold the contracts at 40% gain. Losing 60% of what I had.

View Quote

Why do y'all continue to use these horrible things?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 7:11:34 PM EDT
[#47]

View All Quotes

(Okay)

Sorry lol u sold them

(Nothing)

I don't. I do my options I intend to excercise on TD now.

Link Posted: 8/13/2021 7:12:35 PM EDT
[#48]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/173565/Screenshot_20210813-180946_TD_Ameritrade-2051565.JPG
View All Quotes

(Okay)

Sorry lol u sold them

(Nothing)

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/173565/Screenshot_20210813-180946_TD_Ameritrade-2051565.JPG

Also Webull chat is like GD and it's amazing.

DON'T LET THE SHORTS STEAL UR SHARES

TURN OFF SHARE LENDING

CUP AND HANDLE
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 7:37:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Glock63] [#49]
View Quote

Because it ties your money up for a shitload of time.
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 7:37:51 PM EDT
[#50]
Deeper dive stuff, this is why I'm target-fixated on the Army's IVAS report.

All hail to S2upid, he's probably single-handedly done more for MVIS than anyone alive that doesn't work there. This is all his work, as well. He's full up on promotion, so I'm taking for granted sharing his work with a wider audience would meet his enthusiastic approval.

DD done right.

"Here's a quick summary of the IVAS numbers we could potentially see..

Microsoft has been delaying royalty payments as much as two quarters now from what I've seen.

Example: Royalties from Microsoft for Hololens 2

Q4 2019 - $82,000

Q1 2020 - $212,000

Q2 2020 - $572,000

Q3 2020 - $539,000 <--MSFT expands to 15 new markets (Sept 22, 2020)

Q4 2020 - $395,000

Q1 2021 - $479,000

Q2 2021 - $746,000 <-- assuming we're starting to see the increased royalties from the exapnded markets)

According to Intervac, a contractor that is providing CMOS based nightvision for IVAS:

5000 IVAS units order were placed in March of this year (2021), an additional 1,500 units were planned after STP4, and a follow up order of 8,700 units after operational testing has passed

Using a conservative 2.85% royalty fee (% of royalties are usually based on the % of the selling price of the units) of on the IVAS price of $22,500... with the 5,000 IVAS units purchased by the US Army, we could possible be seeing an additional royalty revenue of $3.2M from IVAS in the upcoming quarters (who knows when as there seems to be a delay).

With $676M worth of orders budgetted from the US Army for FY2021 (or approximately 30,000 IVAS headsets), $19M worth of royalties could possibly be coming down the pipeline for MicroVision from the FY2021 US Army Budget. We also don't know if there is an escalation clause as well in the contract. After they sell X number of units, the royalty increases to 3.5% or whatever.

The FY2022 approved budget is currently set at $876M for IVAS.

The ever increasing royalty ramp up just goes to demonstrates and validates MicroVision's technology and yes it can achieve big success in a critical, competitive market. A game changer.. especially for the hotly contested LIDAR sensor space to achieve higher safety levels for autonomous vehicles.

Full life cycle royalties from the potential $21.88bn IVAS contract value that Microsoft has is potentially worth $623M in the next 10 years to MicroVision."

Page / 1713
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top