BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 1713
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 7:44:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Glock63:

Because it ties your money up for a shitload of time.
View Quote

I wonder what it does for people with max level uncovered options?
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 8:24:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By KaiK:

The value of far away puts doesn't really change all that much day to day.  

View Quote

Unless it's SPY
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 8:32:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Vengeance6661] [#3]
Originally Posted By Osprey61:
Deeper dive stuff, this is why I'm target-fixated on the Army's IVAS report.

All hail to S2upid, he's probably single-handedly done more for MVIS than anyone alive that doesn't work there. This is all his work, as well. He's full up on promotion, so I'm taking for granted sharing his work with a wider audience would meet his enthusiastic approval.

DD done right.

"Here's a quick summary of the IVAS numbers we could potentially see..

Microsoft has been delaying royalty payments as much as two quarters now from what I've seen.

Example: Royalties from Microsoft for Hololens 2

Q4 2019 - $82,000

Q1 2020 - $212,000

Q2 2020 - $572,000

Q3 2020 - $539,000 <--MSFT expands to 15 new markets (Sept 22, 2020)

Q4 2020 - $395,000

Q1 2021 - $479,000

Q2 2021 - $746,000 <-- assuming we're starting to see the increased royalties from the exapnded markets)

According to Intervac, a contractor that is providing CMOS based nightvision for IVAS:

5000 IVAS units order were placed in March of this year (2021), an additional 1,500 units were planned after STP4, and a follow up order of 8,700 units after operational testing has passed

Using a conservative 2.85% royalty fee (% of royalties are usually based on the % of the selling price of the units) of on the IVAS price of $22,500... with the 5,000 IVAS units purchased by the US Army, we could possible be seeing an additional royalty revenue of $3.2M from IVAS in the upcoming quarters (who knows when as there seems to be a delay).

With $676M worth of orders budgetted from the US Army for FY2021 (or approximately 30,000 IVAS headsets), $19M worth of royalties could possibly be coming down the pipeline for MicroVision from the FY2021 US Army Budget. We also don't know if there is an escalation clause as well in the contract. After they sell X number of units, the royalty increases to 3.5% or whatever.

The FY2022 approved budget is currently set at $876M for IVAS.

The ever increasing royalty ramp up just goes to demonstrates and validates MicroVision's technology and yes it can achieve big success in a critical, competitive market. A game changer.. especially for the hotly contested LIDAR sensor space to achieve higher safety levels for autonomous vehicles.

Full life cycle royalties from the potential $21.88bn IVAS contract value that Microsoft has is potentially worth $623M in the next 10 years to MicroVision."

View Quote

Yup. I'm all fucking in.

Link Posted: 8/13/2021 8:35:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Nyle_AR15:

Unless it's SPY
View Quote

If I had the money. I would just sell spy puts every day.  That really is free money.
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 8:42:07 PM EDT
[#5]

I wonder what it does for people with max level uncovered options?
View Quote

Lol good point!
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 9:21:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NotRyan] [#6]
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 9:52:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MrZeat] [#7]
Originally Posted By colt_thompson:
Can anyone explain why Jan 2023 $7 MVIS puts pay $2.65 a share?
Is this free money to sell them?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By colt_thompson:
Can anyone explain why Jan 2023 $7 MVIS puts pay $2.65 a share?
Is this free money to sell them?

Short answer, because Jan 2023 is long ways away and a lot of shit can happen... Let us not forget that a year ago MVIS was about $1 a share.

Originally Posted By RyanEsstac:
I'd sell puts too, if it didn't tie up so much $$$ as collateral

You can always do a put spread instead by buying a put further otm...
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 10:37:11 PM EDT
[#8]

Full life cycle royalties from the potential $21.88bn IVAS contract value that Microsoft has is potentially worth $623M in the next 10 years to MicroVision."

View Quote

Theoretically, Ignoring the rest of the  company, if this was their only product, what would the value of the company be considering zero debt and cash on hand?

Also consider their capex would be much lower.
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 11:40:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jchewie1] [#9]
Originally Posted By CajunMojo:

Theoretically, Ignoring the rest of the  company, if this was their only product, what would the value of the company be considering zero debt and cash on hand?

Also consider their capex would be much lower.
View Quote

Not much opex either, no need for people or salary if not developing and selling the next business line, no need for continuous improvement.

$640m divided by 160m shares is $4 a share, after 10 years.  Plus maybe a dollar per share cash on hand?  Maybe $2.50 per share pv?  Not sure what value the shares have towards the end of that period if a tech company isn't leading innovation of new products and methods.
Link Posted: 8/14/2021 12:14:59 PM EDT
[#10]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Vengeance6661:
Deeper dive stuff, this is why I'm target-fixated on the Army's IVAS report.

All hail to S2upid, he's probably single-handedly done more for MVIS than anyone alive that doesn't work there. This is all his work, as well. He's full up on promotion, so I'm taking for granted sharing his work with a wider audience would meet his enthusiastic approval.

DD done right.

"Here's a quick summary of the IVAS numbers we could potentially see..

Microsoft has been delaying royalty payments as much as two quarters now from what I've seen.

Example: Royalties from Microsoft for Hololens 2

Q4 2019 - $82,000

Q1 2020 - $212,000

Q2 2020 - $572,000

Q3 2020 - $539,000 <--MSFT expands to 15 new markets (Sept 22, 2020)

Q4 2020 - $395,000

Q1 2021 - $479,000

Q2 2021 - $746,000 <-- assuming we're starting to see the increased royalties from the exapnded markets)

According to Intervac, a contractor that is providing CMOS based nightvision for IVAS:

5000 IVAS units order were placed in March of this year (2021), an additional 1,500 units were planned after STP4, and a follow up order of 8,700 units after operational testing has passed

Using a conservative 2.85% royalty fee (% of royalties are usually based on the % of the selling price of the units) of on the IVAS price of $22,500... with the 5,000 IVAS units purchased by the US Army, we could possible be seeing an additional royalty revenue of $3.2M from IVAS in the upcoming quarters (who knows when as there seems to be a delay).

With $676M worth of orders budgetted from the US Army for FY2021 (or approximately 30,000 IVAS headsets), $19M worth of royalties could possibly be coming down the pipeline for MicroVision from the FY2021 US Army Budget. We also don't know if there is an escalation clause as well in the contract. After they sell X number of units, the royalty increases to 3.5% or whatever.

The FY2022 approved budget is currently set at $876M for IVAS.

The ever increasing royalty ramp up just goes to demonstrates and validates MicroVision's technology and yes it can achieve big success in a critical, competitive market. A game changer.. especially for the hotly contested LIDAR sensor space to achieve higher safety levels for autonomous vehicles.

Yup. I'm all fucking in.

https://media2.giphy.com/media/CZaFzQEd5idfa/giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952d76788fec4cca9c805b180d7d2276b22db851e4c&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

Well, my 8 MVIS Cash-Secured Put 8/20 contracts for $16.50 I sold last week for $1.90 each have been ITM and not too far off of break even as of right now.

Link Posted: 8/14/2021 12:19:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By FelisTacet:

Well, my 8 MVIS Cash-Secured Put 8/20 contracts for $16.50 I sold last week for $1.90 each have been ITM and not too far off of break even as of right now.

https://media.giphy.com/media/oXZ3QXSlCBFAc/giphy.gif

View Quote

Roll!
Link Posted: 8/14/2021 12:23:34 PM EDT
[#12]

Roll!
View All Quotes

Roll!

I kinda want the shares, but I'll weigh the small losses for rolling on Monday based on my desire to still own the shares.  

I've been hit or miss on buying to close then selling to open for later strikes as far as gains or losses are concerned.
Link Posted: 8/14/2021 3:24:16 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm a chart noob which needs to change. Many entry/exit points could've been better timed. Too many to list. Doing good overall but want to be doing great. Profit is profit, but if a better understanding of muh charts will increase gains, then it's a no-brainer.

It's been discussed before, but what free app is best for charts? Think Trading View has been mentioned a few times. Doesn't matter if it's beginner friendly or not because I'll bring myself up to speed with books and youtube videos.

Link Posted: 8/14/2021 4:02:21 PM EDT
[#14]

I kinda want the shares, but I'll weigh the small losses for rolling on Monday based on my desire to still own the shares.  

I've been hit or miss on buying to close then selling to open for later strikes as far as gains or losses are concerned.
View All Quotes

Roll!

Just do a spread if you don't have a roll option.  

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/14/2021 5:31:06 PM EDT
[#15]

I have absolutely no clue what I'm looking at there.

Isn't "buying to close" my current PUT contracts, then "selling to open" later or higher strike the same thing as a roll?  Sometimes they're so far ITM that I lose a little, but it prevents me from having to buy the shares.

This "spread" thing...I'm going to need to read up on that.  

At first I thought the screen shots were showing you BUYING puts right at the money, then I see the word "sell" on the screen shot.  Then I see calls listed on the first screen shot.  Then you selected .32 (Vanguard only allows multiples of .05 for limit buy/sells by the way) so I see it costs you the $307 which includes the transaction fee of $13...that should be $333 (10 contracts x .32 = $320 + $13 = $333)...so now we're back to where I start to think you're BUYING puts (or calls?, I'm still lost, maybe both) because you're not receiving a premium.....

off to google this shit.
Link Posted: 8/14/2021 5:41:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/14/2021 6:02:34 PM EDT
[#17]

Isn't "buying to close" my current PUT contracts, then "selling to open" later or higher strike the same thing as a roll?  Sometimes they're so far ITM that I lose a little, but it prevents me from having to buy the shares.

At first I thought the screen shots were showing you BUYING puts right at the money, then I see the word "sell" on the screen shot.  Then I see calls listed on the first screen shot.  Then you selected .32 (Vanguard only allows multiples of .05 for limit buy/sells by the way) so I see it costs you the $307 which includes the transaction fee of $13...that should be $333 (10 contracts x .32 = $320 + $13 = $333)...so now we're back to where I start to think you're BUYING puts (or calls?, I'm still lost, maybe both) because you're not receiving a premium.....
https://th.bing.com/th/id/R.4b1fd29f5d97dc37eda5385ccc11bda6?rik=KKrV8IgueRYq3g&pid=Img

off to google this shit.
View All Quotes

https://th.bing.com/th/id/R.4b1fd29f5d97dc37eda5385ccc11bda6?rik=KKrV8IgueRYq3g&pid=Img

off to google this shit.

Investopia made it a little less confusing.  It looks like I'd do a Bull Put Spread which is a credit spread to reduce the option's overall risk.  Basic Vertical Option Spreads: Which to Use?

Link Posted: 8/14/2021 6:38:51 PM EDT
[#18]

off to google this shit.
View Quote

You are buying the contract and selling one at the same time.

Since you have already sold the near one you buy that back and then sell the later one.  

Now you will be only negative the contract on the next strike date.

You will also pick up some more premium.   All you lose is time and the cost to trade the contracts.
Link Posted: 8/14/2021 6:42:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KaiK] [#19]

Investopia made it a little less confusing.  It looks like I'd do a Bull Put Spread which is a credit spread to reduce the option's overall risk.  Basic Vertical Option Spreads: Which to Use?

View Quote

This is a calendar spread of same strike price at different dates.  You want to buy the one you sold back and sell the next contract date(or whatever date you want).  

If you do it as a calendar spread it all takes place at the same time and you won't have to worry about changing prices or floating the money to buy your contract back.
Link Posted: 8/14/2021 7:45:16 PM EDT
[#20]

This is a calendar spread of same strike price at different dates.  You want to buy the one you sold back and sell the next contract date(or whatever date you want).  

If you do it as a calendar spread it all takes place at the same time and you won't have to worry about changing prices or floating the money to buy your contract back.
View All Quotes

So I'm back to a standard roll, which is fine.

Sold eight contracts 8/20 @ $16.50 strike for 1.90 ($1520)

Buy those back for about $2.55 per share ($2040) (options chain approximate price at yesterday's close, lets use that)

Loss of .65 per share at this stage (-$520)

Sell to open eight 9/17 @ $13.00 strike for about $1.25 premium per share ($1000)

Net .60 per share after it's all said and done ($480)

Alternatively, lets say I don't mind those shares at $14.00, and that's what the close is on 8/20.

It cost me $2,000 more to be assigned on expiration date rather than buying them outright on the market....minus my original premium of $1520, which means the shares cost me $480 more than market value.

Still better to roll them out and then place a limit order to buy them at $14.00 if I really want them.

Simple math...unless I forgot something lol.

Link Posted: 8/15/2021 8:40:39 AM EDT
[#21]
Are we all emptying out our piggy banks and buying more mvis tomorrow while it's still on discount?
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 9:32:54 AM EDT
[#22]

Buy those back for about $2.55 per share ($2040) (options chain approximate price at yesterday's close, lets use that)

Sell to open eight 9/17 @ $13.00 strike for about $1.25 premium per share ($1000)

Alternatively, lets say I don't mind those shares at $14.00, and that's what the close is on 8/20.

It cost me $2,000 more to be assigned on expiration date rather than buying them outright on the market....minus my original premium of $1520, which means the shares cost me $480 more than market value.

Still better to roll them out and then place a limit order to buy them at $14.00 if I really want them.

View Quote

Why are you changing the strike price? Leave it the same collect new premium. Lose no money. Maybe price of MVIS goes back up.
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 10:04:00 AM EDT
[#23]
Are we all emptying out our piggy banks and buying more mvis tomorrow while it's still on discount?
View Quote

I picked some up during the week and have an order set for $14.05.
Ten/twenty shares at a time working towards 400, I know I'm a peon.

I wish I could tell if we were going to get some more discount or a boomski, I really have no clue

Seems that the Army to Congress IVAS report is due today, however, I know of no avenue to make that info public.
It will unlock up to 75% of the contract/manufacturing funding, which is a big deal.
Also, the report has mfg specs, software and hardware changes to requirements from the go to prod testing.
Might be a MVIS Easter Egg in that doc somewhere.

Plus there are the borrowed share numbers from short interest and dark pool purchasing associated with the Russell inclusion that have yet to be realized on the buy side of the stock trading volume. These FTD share could certainly be our boomski catalyst, just wish I knew when it was going to FO.

Looks like another week of "your guess is as good as mine" as to which direction MVIS goes.

Link Posted: 8/15/2021 10:47:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FelisTacet] [#24]

Why are you changing the strike price? Leave it the same collect new premium. Lose no money. Maybe price of MVIS goes back up.
View All Quotes

I did that in case it drops more, but you're correct.  

I'm already not losing money if I roll the puts out and down as stated.  I was just being a little more risk averse, which is not like me.  I pushed it to the 9/17 expiration (3rd week) to counter the lower premium, but come Monday I may very well keep it at $16.50 after all.  

Seems we are close to bottomed out and over sold, and the trade show is 9/7 to 9/12 so I may only roll out to 9/10 with the thought we get a little spike that should begin to ebb after 9/10 options expiration.  I'll re-evaluate everything tomorrow morning.
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 2:01:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Total53:

I picked some up during the week and have an order set for $14.05.
Ten/twenty shares at a time working towards 400, I know I'm a peon.

I wish I could tell if we were going to get some more discount or a boomski, I really have no clue

Seems that the Army to Congress IVAS report is due today, however, I know of no avenue to make that info public.
It will unlock up to 75% of the contract/manufacturing funding, which is a big deal.
Also, the report has mfg specs, software and hardware changes to requirements from the go to prod testing.
Might be a MVIS Easter Egg in that doc somewhere.

Plus there are the borrowed share numbers from short interest and dark pool purchasing associated with the Russell inclusion that have yet to be realized on the buy side of the stock trading volume. These FTD share could certainly be our boomski catalyst, just wish I knew when it was going to FO.

Looks like another week of "your guess is as good as mine" as to which direction MVIS goes.

https://media.giphy.com/media/26FPNNPJpKCahwSk0/giphy.gif
View Quote

You're right behind me and my 546 shares. Hope to get to 1000. But I bet something big will happen with mvis before that can happen.
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 5:45:15 PM EDT
[#26]

I did that in case it drops more, but you're correct.  

I'm already not losing money if I roll the puts out and down as stated.  I was just being a little more risk averse, which is not like me.  I pushed it to the 9/17 expiration (3rd week) to counter the lower premium, but come Monday I may very well keep it at $16.50 after all.  

Seems we are close to bottomed out and over sold, and the trade show is 9/7 to 9/12 so I may only roll out to 9/10 with the thought we get a little spike that should begin to ebb after 9/10 options expiration.  I'll re-evaluate everything tomorrow morning.
View Quote

I just try to keep my premium +share value greater than the strike price. That way if they execute I don't start in the negative.
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 9:06:45 PM EDT
[#27]
EEENF (88 Energy) claims to have found light crude in merlin 1 well. It's up 27% in ASX market.
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 9:52:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Vengeance6661] [#28]
Question for the tax perts'

Let's say my wife and I file jointly. Let's say theoretically our magi for the year is $100,000 putting us in the 22% STCG bracket.

However If we realize $100,000 in earnings by selling some stock, will that count towards our magi, as it's outside of our regular income only from our jobs W2? Meaning now our MAGI will be $200,000 thus bumping us up to the 24% STCG bracket?

Link Posted: 8/15/2021 11:00:23 PM EDT
[#29]

Let's say my wife and I file jointly. Let's say theoretically our magi for the year is $100,000 putting us in the 22% STCG bracket.

However If we realize $100,000 in earnings by selling some stock, will that count towards our magi, as it's outside of our regular income only from our jobs W2? Meaning now our MAGI will be $200,000 thus bumping us up to the 24% STCG bracket?

View Quote

short answer, yes. it counts as income, bro.

also, you really need to hire an accountant, it's worth the extra money.
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 11:05:48 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By evo7011:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By evo7011:

Yes, also you should learn how progressive tax brackets work.
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 11:10:16 PM EDT
[#31]
Yep, It is considered income. I agree completely that a good CPA is worth the money. I have been hiring a CPA to do my taxes for the last 27 years. And I don't even think twice about the money I pay him.
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 11:13:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FelisTacet] [#32]

View Quote

STCG need to be included in modified adjusted gross income, so yes.

Also if you gross over $250k filing jointly (this includes gross income + STCG equaling $250k or above as already discussed) you'll be hit with NIIT (Net Investment Income Tax) at 3.8% on the income derived from the STCGs.  LTCG are also included in this tax for joint earners making $250k+.

Your tax preparer will be able to plug your numbers when you file taxes, your brokerage will provide typical 1099 forms early next year for 2021, and the 5498 since I believe you have a traditional IRA also.

With those STCGs, you're expected to pay quarterly because you'll probably be above the threshold from last year.  "Safe harbor" should get you out of that for next year, but quarterly payments are still expected.  I forego that, and pay the penalty.  I can make more throughout the year by using what I'm supposed to pay quarterly than what I'm penalized.  You need a tax accountant/attorney, don't listen to me.
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 11:28:23 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By TW200:
EEENF (88 Energy) claims to have found light crude in merlin 1 well. It's up 27% in ASX market.
View Quote

Neat. I noted it was up earlier this week after lounging near death for some time. I only need it go up 87%.
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 11:31:42 PM EDT
[#34]
You guys and your options make my head hurt. Im a simpleton and just buy the shares. Am I doing this game wrong? Currently 5500 shares.
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 11:39:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Vengeance6661] [#35]
Thanks all. That's all hypothetical and me just trying to understand the tax implications. None of those numbers are realistic and I'm poor and can still easily do my taxes with turbo tax, for now.
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 11:39:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FelisTacet] [#36]
Originally Posted By flkyle:
You guys and your options make my head hurt. Im a simpleton and just buy the shares. Am I doing this game wrong? Currently 5500 shares.
View Quote

Yeah, I was (and still am with options above basic Covered Calls and Cash-Secured Puts) but I'm kicking myself for not doing them sooner.  Go to page 901 for some videos on the basics of Covered Calls and Cash-Secured Puts.
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 11:41:47 PM EDT
[#37]
Thanks all. That's all hypothetical and me just trying to understand the tax implications. None of those numbers are realistic and I'm poor and can still easily do my taxes with turbo tax, for now.
View Quote

No more Lotto for you.  You've come a long way, Baby.
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 11:51:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Glock63] [#38]
View Quote

There's guys here far better than I at explaining them, so all I'm gonna say is read everything you can from them and don't be afraid to try a contract or 2. Lost of good stuff in the past 15-20 pages.  That's the only way you will learn. For mvis, I'd be eyeballing the sale of aug 27 or sept 3 $14 strike cash covered puts right now.  With the upcoming catalysts in sept, I feel pretty good about owning shares sub $14 per.  Another ive done well with is ocgn. Selling $7 puts for the 27th or 3rd would be my target there.
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 5:56:33 AM EDT
[#39]
View Quote

If you have 5500 shares of mvis you could be making at least $250 to 400 a week on selling $18 to $22 calls from my exp on what I'm doing with similar amount. If you're willing to sell $16 calls you could make a lot more
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 7:12:24 AM EDT
[#40]
It will get better, I just need my coffee.
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 8:29:34 AM EDT
[#41]
"My god, it's full of red!"
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 8:35:22 AM EDT
[#42]
View Quote

Same here, I still just don't get it, even after reading everything and watching several videos.

Am I not making as much money by not doing calls/options, probably.
Would I lose money doing it on my own right now, absolutely.
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 8:41:05 AM EDT
[#43]
Anyone still have QS?  Or maybe I'm the only one

QuantumScape (NYSE:QS) CEO Jagdeep Singh posts a positive update on Twitter.
   "Encouraging early 10-layer cell cycling results – now at 200 cycles with >96% capacity retention at 1C/1C and 25 degC, generally in line with what we’ve seen for our single- and four-layer cells," read the new tweet.
   The company also filed a SEC Form 8-K to memorialize the update.
   QuantumScape (QS) is down 0.51% in premarket action to $21.63. Shares of QS trade below their 10-day, 50-day, 100-day and 200-day moving averages.
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 8:46:43 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By blupupher:

Same here, I still just don't get it, even after reading everything and watching several videos.

View Quote

it's worth learning. I am small fish in this game,. But by using calls and Puts I'm getting stocks for cheaper than they are listed. Basically I can get paid to set a limit buy/sell. And if my limits don't hit, I get paid anyway. That's how I'm seeing it, and I'm NOT doing stuff on margin or anything super crazy so I can't get burned to the ground. I can lose "profit" by not selling at the highest or buying at the lowest, but if I set parameters I'm OK with then it works out.

besides, I can lose money just sitting on a stock so there's no reason not to.
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 9:34:15 AM EDT
[#45]
Today is the day, I can feel it.
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 9:40:56 AM EDT
[#46]
I guess everything is going to suck today.  
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 9:41:52 AM EDT
[#47]
Sold my Doge
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 9:44:08 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Malbec:
Today is the day, I can feel it.
View Quote

Uh yeah, today is the day the media decided. out of the blue, to blame Beijing Biden for the Afghan withdraw failure.
Strange on many levels and how does it effect the market and our baby MAVIS?

Link Posted: 8/16/2021 9:47:46 AM EDT
[#49]
17 min in....closing all apps.  
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 9:52:30 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By blupupher:

View Quote

Options are contracts for you to sell or buy and are on first blush simple yet after looking get more complicated.
Easiest for me is to:
Sell a Put contract on a stock I want to own/buy (MVIS) at a price I want to pay.
                                       OR
Sell a Call contract on shares of a stock I want to sell at a price I want to receive.

I will on occasion buy calls but never to own shares, only to trade out if the price of the contract goes up.

Thats options for me
Page / 1713
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top