Page / 1712
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 4:27:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Today is the day, I can feel it.
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 4:30:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 6:08:13 AM EDT
[#3]
It will get better, I just need my coffee.
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 6:55:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Malbec:
View Quote

Originally Posted By EagleArmsHBAR:
It will get better, I just need my coffee.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/11/2021 7:11:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By RatherBeLifting:
DPLS has a pretty strong day but I am dismayed by the inability to break through .10.

It had a couple of MA crosses and one nice one going into market close.  I'm watching it tomorrow and if it can't break through .10 I'm going to get out of my position and let it trend back down to pick up more.
View Quote

Where's JB, I want to know what he thinks.
I was watching it at work yesterday, which isn't the easiest to do.
Normally I put a sell order in for the day like at .15 but haven't this week.
I have some project closeout meetings today, not going to be able watching it after 10. Guess I should put in a sell order.
Damn I really thought she had another run in her.
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 7:13:52 AM EDT
[#6]
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/11/2021 7:17:03 AM EDT
[#7]
View Quote

I know it is!
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 7:44:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: KaiK] [#8]
I probably have enough SENS now.  

Anything else out there with options that has potential for a long play?
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 7:52:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By KaiK:

View Quote

Threw another couple hundred in the pot this morning.
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 7:52:55 AM EDT
[#10]
This is probably the lowest premarket volume I have ever seen on MVIS.
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 7:55:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By CajunMojo:
This is probably the lowest premarket volume I have ever seen on MVIS.
View Quote

TDA shows 1,624
Could that even be accurate?
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 8:00:24 AM EDT
[#12]

View Quote

I still need to pick up more while its under 3.

When you find the "next" big play let me know so I can swoop in late and bag hold it forever. This seems to be my MO.

Link Posted: 8/11/2021 8:00:32 AM EDT
[#13]
Mvis looks like its petering out.  
Dpls looks like its gearing up.  

I'm probably wrong on both.  
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 8:14:18 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Total53:

When you find the "next" big play let me know so I can swoop in late and bag hold it forever. This seems to be my MO.

https://media.giphy.com/media/hEwkspP1OllJK/giphy.gif
View Quote

I'll hold the bag as long as I can sell options forever.
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 8:14:18 AM EDT
[#15]

https://media.giphy.com/media/hEwkspP1OllJK/giphy.gif
View Quote

I'll hold the bag as long as I can sell options forever.
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 8:28:03 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By rollin-tumblin:

TDA shows 1,624
Could that even be accurate?
View Quote

2.54 now. Is there fuckery afoot?
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 8:33:58 AM EDT
[#17]
Woke up from a weird dream last night.  

Picture this in dreamland.......
Sat down and picked up my laptop.  Pop it open and open up my trading app.  MVIS, SENS and DPLS are on my dashboard right now.  Freaking MVIS has done a hockey stick on the chart.  I'm like "meh" it happens.  The chart has automatic scaling to it.  Grab my glasses and start looking closer.  The MVIS chart scale is $15ish to $100  and Mavis had tailed off to something in the $80's.  

The first thought in my head was "How do I explain to the Wife that I dumped 20% of MVIS yesterday to average down a bit because we were just in one of those $13-$16 cycles for the last two weeks and I thought it was safe!!"

Link Posted: 8/11/2021 8:47:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Admiral_Crunch] [#18]
Originally Posted By mks99:
Woke up from a weird dream last night.  

Picture this in dreamland.......
Sat down and picked up my laptop.  Pop it open and open up my trading app.  MVIS, SENS and DPLS are on my dashboard right now.  Freaking MVIS has done a hockey stick on the chart.  I'm like "meh" it happens.  The chart has automatic scaling to it.  Grab my glasses and start looking closer.  The MVIS chart scale is $15ish to $100  and Mavis had tailed off to something in the $80's.  

The first thought in my head was "How do I explain to the Wife that I dumped 20% of MVIS yesterday to average down a bit because we were just in one of those $13-$16 cycles for the last two weeks and I thought it was safe!!"

View Quote

I had a dream a few months ago that MVIS went to $200.  I was kinda bummed when I woke up.  
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 9:00:52 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Admiral_Crunch:

I had a dream a few months ago that MVIS went to $200.  I was kinda bummed when I woke up.  
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/11/2021 9:05:41 AM EDT
[#20]
The CPI everyone was waiting for was just not terrible enough to tank shit so everything popped green pre-market.
The volume for MAVIS is just so flat, 5.3K right now. Weeklies from Fri did NOT fully resolve yesterday, maybe they'll resolve today?

I'm looking for the early pop, then the shorties pushing a dip, and hopefully more buying after 11.
But then again this is MAVIS and there really is no normal.
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 9:28:39 AM EDT
[#21]
On a positive note, Doge seems to be creeping up slowly.
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 9:34:41 AM EDT
[#22]
I'll be dipping my toes in OCGN today even though I hate biotech
Lots of WSB chatter about approval for delta COVID
Lots of $10 October call action as well
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 9:46:29 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 9:49:09 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Andrapos:
DPLS broke $0.10 briefly, good sign?
View Quote

It's trying to go. Been above .10 pretty steadily so far. I'm not sure what's keeping it so subdued.
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 10:18:37 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 10:36:14 AM EDT
[#26]

View Quote

WISH has pretty good call premiums for a $10 stock.
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 10:39:18 AM EDT
[#27]
Damn back to the pre earnings mvis.... low volume and no resistance for them walking the price down

DF we need you!
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 10:57:11 AM EDT
[#28]
What's happening
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 11:03:14 AM EDT
[#29]
Let's try this...

I wish MVIS was back at $23 so I can buy more and average up.
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 11:05:53 AM EDT
[#30]
Let's try this...

I wish MVIS was back at $23 so I can buy more and average up.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/11/2021 11:07:15 AM EDT
[#31]
Dammit Mavis.

Link Posted: 8/11/2021 11:11:04 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 11:12:49 AM EDT
[#33]
New to options trading and been selling some covered calls on a few stocks I own.

This is the first time I have considered doing this....

Can you sell shares of a stock that you have a contract on without buying back the contract?
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 11:31:43 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By V8Vol:
New to options trading and been selling some covered calls on a few stocks I own.

Can you sell shares of a stock that you have a contract on without buying back the contract?
View Quote

Short answer is no you can't.  < assuming as you said the contract is a covered call.
You need to keep 100 shares for each call contract (1 call = 100 shares).  If the call contract is exercised you have to sell those 100 shares for the strike price so they are needed and being covered calls you must have them set aside.
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 11:33:27 AM EDT
[#35]

View Quote

Only if you have naked options trading approval - requires a margin acct and the highest options approval level from your broker.  Your long shares are securing your ability to deliver on an assignment of the contract, which could theoretically happen at any time.  If you don't have the shares, you need to have sufficient assets and the strategy needs to be suitable to have a naked short call.

One way to get around this could be to turn the short call into a debit or credit spread by buying a call contract above or below your strike price (again, assumes margin account and appropriate options approval - but usually not as high as naked options).  In this case, you'd be long a call and short your current call, which would free up your shares to be sold without being naked the call.

Depending on your sentiment (bullish/bearish) could determine whether your long strike is above or below the current strike of your short call.  In some cases though, it may just be cheaper to buy back your call to sell the shares - up to you!
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 11:37:27 AM EDT
[#36]

View Quote

"X" and "Zeus" are both running high right now - but both should pop with with the infrastructure bill. Steel pricing is NOT going down anytime soon.
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 11:54:28 AM EDT
[#37]

I have some project closeout meetings today, not going to be able watching it after 10. Guess I should put in a sell order.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
DPLS has a pretty strong day but I am dismayed by the inability to break through .10.

It had a couple of MA crosses and one nice one going into market close.  I'm watching it tomorrow and if it can't break through .10 I'm going to get out of my position and let it trend back down to pick up more.

Morning brothers.  I'm sticking with it.  I think we have a little more room.  Through a dime that has been a tough resistance.  I like the moves they are making.  I think im seeing a strategy.   I'll keep swing trading it, but i think I'll keep a 100k sh core position now.
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 11:57:27 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By stewie97:

"X" and "Zeus" are both running high right now - but both should pop with with the infrastructure bill. Steel pricing is NOT going down anytime soon.
View Quote

Correct.  Availability is tight also.  I'm putting steel on my floor now for jobs months out.
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 11:59:08 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By jb31:

Morning brothers.  I'm sticking with it.  I think we have a little more room.  Through a dime that has been a tough resistance.  I like the moves they are making.  I think im seeing a strategy.   I'll keep swing trading it, but i think I'll keep a 100k sh core position now.
View All Quotes

Yep, strong move to the upside this morning.  I'm still in my position.  I am honestly, looking for an exit because I see it getting stale and then trending back down.  I'll keep swing trading it and I do like the idea of keeping a core position.  It's an interesting play for the future.  It's not a P&D.
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 12:12:13 PM EDT
[#40]
Sold my ZEV. thats about it

Link Posted: 8/11/2021 12:24:44 PM EDT
[#41]

View Quote

No, have to buy back or wait till it expires to sell, otherwise that wouldn't be considered covered
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 12:32:54 PM EDT
[#42]
How are you guys getting opening orders on NSAV?

TD still telling me the DTC Chill is in effect.  It doesn't seem to matter whether it's 100k or 1k order size.
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 12:49:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TONTO44] [#43]
How are you guys getting opening orders on NSAV?

TD still telling me the DTC Chill is in effect.  It doesn't seem to matter whether it's 100k or 1k order size.
View Quote

I had 9 cents sitting in my Schwab account.

So, I'm in......I just bought 2 shares

Cost me 8 cents (rounded up)

Attachment Attached File

ETA: No fees or commissions charged
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 1:23:45 PM EDT
[#44]

View All Quotes

Level 2 data looks really nice...at least what I've seen.  The buyers are in full control.  I learned the other day that if you sell/buy more than 50k in shares you become the axe.
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 1:26:49 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By RyanEsstac:

If I add up my "equity" of each stock I own.... it doesn't equal my portfolio value. My portfolio value is = to my total stock equity + the negative calls I sold.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MrZeat:
FYI anyone using Robinhood, your Market Value and portfolio total include your options.

So if you sell $20,000 in covered calls, your portfolio reflects $-20,000 in equity for those calls. Meaning $20,000 is subtracted from your portfolio value.

And your cash should be +$20,000 leaving a net change of essentially zero until the options change. It's going to be the same in any broker I know of...

Still hate Robinhood. Mostly happy with Schwab these days. I have or have had accounts at Merrill, Fidelity, ETrade, and others. TD A a long time ago. Never WeBull.

If I add up my "equity" of each stock I own.... it doesn't equal my portfolio value. My portfolio value is = to my total stock equity + the negative calls I sold.

Are you saying your portfolio value doesn't include your cash position?

The way it works with my Schwab account is I have a negative market value when I sell the contract.  My cash position is + whatever the premium is.  

The market value goes up and down as the price of the contract fluctuates.  

For example, if I sold a contract with a price of $100 ($1.00 per share), it would initially reflect a market value of -$100.

My cash balance would go up $100.

The next day, lets say the price of the option dropped to $0.90 per share.

The contract would now reflect a market value of -$0.90 and my portfolio value would have increased by $10.
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 1:40:41 PM EDT
[#46]

View All Quotes

Reliance Steel & Aluminum (RST) has been asleep the last couple of months, it is stirring a bit today.
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 1:52:39 PM EDT
[#47]
and here I was thinking of exiting DPLS with a paltry 20% gain this morning.

I like green on my screen!  Think I may need to add a Stop Loss just in case.
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 1:53:55 PM EDT
[#48]

Hy-Vee is a decent grocery store chain. We have a few around here, not the cheapest but good quality and their liquor selection is very good.
Could be a good deal for selling the product
View Quote

LTNC up another 4% today. Maybe it’s finally realizing some of its potential.
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 1:54:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NotRyan] [#49]
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 2:02:01 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Vengeance6661:

Think you have a better chance of seeing God than that happening!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Vengeance6661:
Originally Posted By nisa715:
I’m only sitting on about 2,700 of DPLS so hoping for $100-$150 a share range.

Think you have a better chance of seeing God than that happening!

Nothing a reverse split or two can't accomplish
Page / 1712
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top