BCM
User Panel

Warhammer 40k Thread (Page 14 of 19)
Page / 19
Link Posted: 6/12/2023 9:54:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 11boomboom:

GW announced Friday that they didn't have enough copies after sending out to distributors.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Kid_Sampson:

I just did.

I'm a bit confused because GW swore up and down that it was going to have a metric fuck ton of copies available. Tried ordering it on the GW official site and it says it is no longer available. Thank god for Atomic Empire.

GW announced Friday that they didn't have enough copies after sending out to distributors.

As usual, GW screws it up again but thankfully I was able to get on a pre-order list with a 3rd party retailer.
Link Posted: 6/12/2023 11:39:18 AM EDT
[#2]
View Quote

I've been putting off doing a PC gaming build for awhile now, but I've been planning on doing it this October, so that's perfect timing for me.

Link Posted: 6/13/2023 11:34:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By lsujim:
Who pre-ordered Leviathan?
View Quote

No, all I want is the Terminators. I'll pick them up when theyre made available separately.
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 1:08:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Master_Blaster] [#4]
View Quote

So, 12/21 release at the earliest. I'm betting next year. All good as long as it's GTG at launch (ie. Not a beta bugfest).

I was looking forward to getting the CE, but the resin statue looks low budget with its half figure depiction. Wish it depicted this scene from the trailer in full figure glory:

Link Posted: 6/13/2023 3:58:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Master_Blaster:

So, 12/21 release at the earliest. I'm betting next year. All good as long as it's GTG at launch (ie. Not a beta bugfest).

I was looking forward to getting the CE, but the resin statue looks low budget with its half figure depiction. Wish it depicted this scene from the trailer in full figure glory:

https://gamingbolt.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/warhammer-40000-space-marine-2.jpeg

View Quote

I bet on PC folks will mod it to allow for more than three player co-op.  Would be cool if you could run platoon or company sized elements of Space Marines in co-op.
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 2:36:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By KaerMorhenResident:

I bet on PC folks will mod it to allow for more than three player co-op.  Would be cool if you could run platoon or company sized elements of Space Marines in co-op.
View Quote

Yep, though difficulty scaling might be harder to pull off unless some of the core gameplay attributes are accessible.
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 7:36:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By lsujim:

As usual, GW screws it up again but thankfully I was able to get on a pre-order list with a 3rd party retailer.
View Quote

Hopefully you get it.  I'm seeing lots of retailers bitching because GW limited them to 2 or 3 copies at most.
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 7:37:29 PM EDT
[#8]
I really hope that Assault Ramp rule for Land Raiders is here to stay.  For melee-centric armies they needed something like that.  

Link Posted: 6/14/2023 9:31:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By crazytuco:
I really hope that Assault Ramp rule for Land Raiders is here to stay.  For melee-centric armies they needed something like that.  

View Quote

I can charge six Custodes into the heart of an enemy formation, now,  providing the Land Raider doesn't get nuked on the way there.

I bought a 30K Land Raider Proteus a couple weeks ago when they previewed the assault ramp thing.  Going old school.

Best,
JBR
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 6:40:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Hellion-Productions:

I can charge six Custodes into the heart of an enemy formation, now,  providing the Land Raider doesn't get nuked on the way there.

I bought a 30K Land Raider Proteus a couple weeks ago when they previewed the assault ramp thing.  Going old school.

Best,
JBR
View Quote

I love Land Raiders and play World Eaters, so I hope that rule works for chaos.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 1:02:51 PM EDT
[#11]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/523928/20230117_202347_jpg-2852011.JPG
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Hellion-Productions:

Best,
JBR

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/523928/20230117_202347_jpg-2852011.JPG

World Eaters Datasheets

Pages 31 and 32 of that PDF
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 1:20:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: crazytuco] [#12]
For those interested, here are links to the different datasheet drops.

Codex compliant Space Marines

Non-Codex compliant Space Marines

All Chaos factions

All Imperial factions

Tyranids

All other Xenos factions

I'll come back and edit this tomorrow when they drop the points document to add a link to that.

ETA: Points document
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 1:59:44 PM EDT
[#13]

All Chaos factions

All Imperial factions

Tyranids

All other Xenos factions

I'll come back and edit this tomorrow when they drop the points document to add a link to that.
View All Quotes

All Chaos factions

All Imperial factions

Tyranids

All other Xenos factions

World Eaters Datasheets

Pages 31 and 32 of that PDF

Thanks! I deleted the emails with those links without reading them lol.
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 4:26:41 PM EDT
[#14]
No problem.  

I've had a World Eaters army as one of my mainstays since the mid-90's.  I'll be honest, when the new codex came out a few months back I was really disappointed.  There were some glaring omissions from my point of view, and the whole blood tithe thing just didn't do it for me.  

However, the datasheets they released now are my favorites out of the armies I have (Space Wolves, AdMech, tank-heavy traitor guard built off IG rules, and Vanilla CSM).  Not having access to a terminator lord, or a jump pack lord, or either of the CSM jump pack units, or a unit of berzerkers on juggernauts, or the fact that berzerkers (to me) still feel like they're missing about 1/3 the number of attacks they should have in melee compared to standard marines, all still bother me, but I can live with it.
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 11:49:47 PM EDT
[#15]
No problem.  

I've had a World Eaters army as one of my mainstays since the mid-90's.  I'll be honest, when the new codex came out a few months back I was really disappointed.  There were some glaring omissions from my point of view, and the whole blood tithe thing just didn't do it for me.  

However, the datasheets they released now are my favorites out of the armies I have (Space Wolves, AdMech, tank-heavy traitor guard built off IG rules, and Vanilla CSM).  Not having access to a terminator lord, or a jump pack lord, or either of the CSM jump pack units, or a unit of berzerkers on juggernauts, or the fact that berzerkers (to me) still feel like they're missing about 1/3 the number of attacks they should have in melee compared to standard marines, all still bother me, but I can live with it.
View Quote

I'm of the same opinion. Also, we're missing squads of Reaper Autocannons.
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 12:38:45 AM EDT
[#16]

All Chaos factions

All Imperial factions

Tyranids

All other Xenos factions

View Quote

Niiiice.

I was running Real Space Raid detachments with my Drukhari in 9th. Seems like it is going to be the default way to run them in 10th. I'm actually pretty happy about that.
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 12:42:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KaerMorhenResident] [#17]
"THE WRATH OF KHARN" BY WILLIAM KING - A WARHAMMER 40K STORY

Great video, one of the most metal things I've ever heard. I'm a fan of the Black Templars and Imperial Fists, but I must admit that Kharn is amazing just too bad he's on the side of Chaos.
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 12:57:18 PM EDT
[#18]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gy--UhuXPfM

Great video, one of the most metal things I've ever heard. I'm a fan of the Black Templars and Imperial Fists, but I must admit that Kharn is amazing just too bad he's on the side of Chaos.
View Quote

My son plays Imperial Fists and is considering starting a Black Templar army.
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 2:30:50 PM EDT
[#19]

Niiiice.

I was running Real Space Raid detachments with my Drukhari in 9th. Seems like it is going to be the default way to run them in 10th. I'm actually pretty happy about that.
View All Quotes

All Chaos factions

All Imperial factions

Tyranids

All other Xenos factions

Niiiice.

I added the points document to the post above with links to the datasheets.  No granularity in wargear points is an odd thing.  I'm not sure if I like that or not.  Free stuff is nice, but I worry that this will lead to less differentiation between loadouts similar to what we see in AoS.  I'll hold off bitching too much until the first codex of 10th drops to see if this is going to be for the whole edition or if it's just for the hold-you-over datasheets.  
Link Posted: 6/17/2023 10:28:55 AM EDT
[#20]

I added the points document to the post above with links to the datasheets.  No granularity in wargear points is an odd thing.  I'm not sure if I like that or not.  Free stuff is nice, but I worry that this will lead to less differentiation between loadouts similar to what we see in AoS.  I'll hold off bitching too much until the first codex of 10th drops to see if this is going to be for the whole edition or if it's just for the hold-you-over datasheets.  
View Quote

I've heard that AoS plays more balanced, so maybe they're leaning to more similarity between the games.

Link Posted: 6/22/2023 7:01:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11boomboom] [#21]
New 40k app has been put for a few days.

What do you guys think about it?

I think Battlescribe is better for when you have army build errors, but overall it's a nice one-stop for all of the 10th edition info. There is a lot of extras in it to make it look pretty, which is unnecessary, IMO.
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 12:30:24 PM EDT
[#22]

My son plays Imperial Fists and is considering starting a Black Templar army.
View Quote

You are raising him up right, sir.

Link Posted: 6/22/2023 1:12:15 PM EDT
[#23]

You are raising him up right, sir.

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 3:58:45 PM EDT
[#24]
I am a Knight guy.  They look real tough this edition.   Forgeworld stuff, too.

Best,
JBR
Link Posted: 6/27/2023 3:28:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Maccrage] [#25]
Detail painting and armor next. Had to order another can of black. Used almost a whole bottle of Vallejo Metal Color Steel.

Link Posted: 6/28/2023 3:53:27 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Maccrage:
Detail painting and armor next. Had to order another can of black. Used almost a whole bottle of Vallejo Metal Color Steel.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/145185/20230626_143208-2865635.jpg
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/28/2023 12:31:12 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Maccrage:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/145185/20230626_143208-2865635.jpg
View Quote

That is so damn cool.  It's looking great man.
Link Posted: 6/29/2023 11:34:13 PM EDT
[#28]
So after listening to the Audiobook Warhammer Primarch books on Dorn and Perturabo I have concluded that those who say that they're very similar characters have zero clue what they're talking about. They couldn't be more different in terms of personality even though they are both experts in siege warfare and defensive fortifications they are polar opposites when it comes to their philosophies.  

Link Posted: 6/30/2023 3:12:31 AM EDT
[#29]
My kid made and painted this for me for Father’s Day.
Link Posted: 6/30/2023 6:38:30 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By 2T2_Crash:
My kid made and painted this for me for Father’s Day.https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/84773/70880564910__448C8DEC-4D88-4131-895A-E8C-2868483.jpg
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/30/2023 6:54:12 AM EDT
[#31]
I finished my Lord Invocatus a couple weeks ago.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/30/2023 4:19:51 PM EDT
[#32]
Nice, I think Kharne the Betrayer might be one of my favorite Chaos Marines.

Going to read a few of the books that he's in.
Link Posted: 6/30/2023 4:22:50 PM EDT
[#33]
My kid made and painted this for me for Father’s Day.https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/84773/70880564910__448C8DEC-4D88-4131-895A-E8C-2868483.jpg
View Quote

That's a good kid. Sounds like he's the future Space Marine in this YouTube video.  

We're from the future! (Astartes)
Link Posted: 6/30/2023 8:39:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11boomboom] [#34]
Nice, I think Kharne the Betrayer might be one of my favorite Chaos Marines.

Going to read a few of the books that he's in.
View Quote

Khârn the Betrayer is my favorite 40k character.
Attachment Attached File

Speaking of which, while watching Friday Night Tights I did a complete skull base for one of my Angrons.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

I have some matte black Army Painter primer coming Friday, so all of that white PVA should be dry by then.
Link Posted: 6/30/2023 9:43:12 PM EDT
[#35]
Finally getting around to painting my Dark Vengeance starter set from way back when. Jut finished the Ravening bike squad and the chaos marines, working on the Dark Angel tactical squad next.

Link Posted: 6/30/2023 9:45:00 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By markfall:
Finally getting around to painting my Dark Vengeance starter set from way back when. Jut finished the Ravening bike squad and the chaos marines, working on the Dark Angel tactical squad next.

https://i.imgur.com/5PDS7BD.jpg
View Quote

That looks crisp.
Link Posted: 6/30/2023 9:50:46 PM EDT
[#37]

That looks crisp.
View Quote
Thanks! I've found that as I get older my free time is at a premium so I paint WAAAAAAAAAAY slower than I used to. It's made me a better painter, as I can't reconcile dedicating the time without trying my damndest. I used to be way more productive, lol.
Link Posted: 6/30/2023 9:54:11 PM EDT
[#38]
Thanks! I've found that as I get older my free time is at a premium so I paint WAAAAAAAAAAY slower than I used to. It's made me a better painter, as I can't reconcile dedicating the time without trying my damndest. I used to be way more productive, lol.
View Quote

Ditto, so I totally understand.
Link Posted: 7/1/2023 12:26:28 AM EDT
[#39]
Armor basecoated. Detail painting started.

Link Posted: 7/1/2023 8:04:21 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 7/1/2023 1:02:28 PM EDT
[#41]
Started on the Legio colors.
Link Posted: 7/1/2023 2:15:05 PM EDT
[#42]
View Quote

SKARBRAND
Link Posted: 7/1/2023 8:57:24 PM EDT
[#43]
Corax Whit sucks grox balls. But it does come out looking like millennia old paint though.  

Link Posted: 7/3/2023 11:07:14 AM EDT
[#44]

https://i.imgur.com/5PDS7BD.jpg
View Quote

That's an impressive paint job.  Very nice.
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 11:12:12 AM EDT
[#45]
Just finished up the Dark Vengeance tactical squad.  Still need to varnish them. Feel t]like that always makes them look like 10% better.

Next up is the Deathwing terminators

Link Posted: 7/3/2023 11:16:11 AM EDT
[#46]

That's an impressive paint job.  Very nice.
View Quote
Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 12:03:39 PM EDT
[#47]
Just finished up the Dark Vengeance tactical squad.  Still need to varnish them. Feel t]like that always makes them look like 10% better.

Next up is the Deathwing terminators

https://i.imgur.com/4XnLSaq.jpg

View Quote

I like the highlights. I do my bases somewhat similar to you.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 12:30:50 PM EDT
[#48]
Thanks. Seems like color rimmed bases are no longer cool. Everyone is doing black rims now.
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 12:38:26 PM EDT
[#49]
Just remember, an open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.

Also anyone play Death Wing, Darktide, or Space Marine (PC or PS5?) I could always use some brothers in arms to help stem the tide from filthy xenos, heretics, and abominations of the warp.

Link Posted: 7/3/2023 12:45:33 PM EDT
[#50]
Thanks. Seems like color rimmed bases are no longer cool. Everyone is doing black rims now.
View Quote

Make Goblin Green great again!
Page / 19
Warhammer 40k Thread (Page 14 of 19)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top