Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 11:13:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Better Call Saul is good, but having practiced law myself, I knew attorneys like those in there and similar stories, so it resonated with me.
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 11:17:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Wife found it boring but stuck it out.  I had no problem with it ...

EXCEPT FOR THE FREAKIN FLY EPISODE.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 12:55:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Better Call Saul is better,
BUT you need to watch BB, to enjoy it properly.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 1:00:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Different strokes...

What do you like, OP?
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 1:06:00 AM EDT
[#5]
I made it around 1/2 way or maybe a little futher in the series. It wasn't bad. It just didn't do it for me. The Skyler stuff I just fast forwarded through it.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 1:18:01 AM EDT
[#6]
It was okay, but I was done when
Click To View SpoilerI kinda doubt that this is really a spoiler, but what the heck.  I've never done one before.

I hated Walt's wife and could just barely stand the kid.  
After (the spoiler) I just didn't have any enthusiasm to watch any more of it.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 1:19:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Once they get Saul into it it picks up. Worth the watch for sure.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 1:20:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My wife and I watched the whole series, bought the hype, waited for it to get good.  We're still waiting.
View Quote

Just do meth in real life.  It's more entertaining (or so I've been told)
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 1:31:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Maybe you haven't seen the best scene from Breaking Bad from session 4 Face Off.

Face Off

Link Posted: 4/11/2022 1:44:22 AM EDT
[#10]
If you went into it thinking it was going to be a life-changing experience then, yeah, you would be disappointed.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 2:10:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Similar experience the first time I watched it.  First episode or two didn't really grab me, so I punched out.    Eventually gave it another shot a couple years later and ended up streaming the entire thing over a couple months.

It has its moments.  Gus Fring and Mike are cool.
View Quote

My daughter told me I'd like it if i watched four episodes that I'd like it. She was correct.  You are correct about Fring and Mike. The series was odd, inverted in a way. The only series i ever watched where i could not stand the main characters, but the side characters drew me in hard. The Twins, Salamanca, Tuco and the sleazy lawyer characters made that show.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 2:21:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I made it around 1/2 way or maybe a little futher in the series. It wasn't bad. It just didn't do it for me. The Skyler stuff I just fast forwarded through it.
View Quote

I ended up really enjoying the series, but the biggest drag in the whole thing was Skyler.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 2:25:06 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Usually the greatest show ever made doesn't take 4 fucking seasons to "BUILD CHARACTER"

If you can't keep my interest thru pilot show, I ain't gonna waste time watching another boring episode.

Watched Game of Thrones and loved it from the first show. Glad everybody died.......................Jst might watch it again.
View Quote

See to me...the first episode of GOT was slow/boring. Didn't wanna watch it further.

To each their own.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 4:09:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I'm bored half way through the second episode. Just in case someone hasn't seen it:
Click To View SpoilerIt's boring. Im browsing arfcom with it playing in the background which is something I never do. Ill stick with it a bit more but I'm kind of surprised at how boring it is after all the hype.

Sorry.

View Quote

I felt the same way until about mid-way through Season 2 or beginning of season 3.

Link Posted: 4/11/2022 4:25:08 AM EDT
[#15]
We watched a few episodes of Season 1, got bored, FF to Season 2, still not into it. Gave-up on it for good.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 4:36:57 AM EDT
[#16]
Like many shows, the first half of Season 1 is slow. It gets better.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 5:36:59 AM EDT
[#17]
If you don’t like breaking bad then fuck off and watch anime or broke back mountain.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 5:39:08 AM EDT
[#18]
Well I'm through to the end of season two. Last episode left to watch.

It's growing on me but there are some characters that REALLY annoy me. But they create a necessary tension in the character development.

The story has real potential but it's almost like the writers and directors didn't really know how to tell the story well. They give too much away and destroy the potential climaxes. It seems like they try to make up for it with tensions in the character development but their time spent in the character development isn't done very well which makes it start to get boring. It starts to take away from the story.

Skyler is a perfect example. Her story is painfully annoying. It's way too obvious. I find myself rolling my eyes at the way they tell her story. The tension between her and Walt could have been created in so many better ways.

Jesse's character drives me nuts. His acting is so one dimensional. Annoys the heck out of me.

I am excited about Gus. After just meeting him I can tell his acting is miles better than most of them.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 6:17:04 AM EDT
[#19]
I enjoyed all of it, except for "Fly", of course.

This is still my favorite scene...

Breaking Bad Mike rescues Chow in Full Measure
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 6:30:22 AM EDT
[#20]
I did a little binge watching on AMC on Saturday, I think it was season 4.

I feel dirty after watching 5 or 6 episodes.   Once it gets into Uncle Jack and that group, it gets even worse - so no more binge weekend watching for me
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 6:46:19 AM EDT
[#21]
The show sucked. Every character in the show was incredibly stupid except for Mike Ehrmantraut and Gus Fring, and some of the baddies. If you could just boil the show down to those two characters it would have been a great show.

I have come to hate stories about stupid people making stupid decisions. Literally every decision Walter makes is a bad one except for those involving the actual production of meth.

Better Call Saul is much, much better.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 7:03:03 AM EDT
[#22]
I love that show. I recently watched it for the second time.
The second time it struck me just how bleak and dark it really is.

The follow up movie El Camino is pretty good as well.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 7:08:37 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 7:34:21 AM EDT
[#24]
It was a great show. Mike and Gus were my favorite characters. My wife's favorites were Nacho and Saul. It's all Good Man. I got kinda bored with the prequel but my wife can't wait for the final season to start. My wife laughs when I make the Hector Salamanca face, the king of ding.

Link Posted: 4/11/2022 7:36:06 AM EDT
[#25]
Pretty good show.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 7:47:38 AM EDT
[#26]
If you are browsing on the phone then no way you will get into anything other then background noise shows.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 7:49:35 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 8:13:14 AM EDT
[#28]
Everyone forgets the first season was written/filmed/etc. during the script writers strike.  It's the shortest season and the crew was fumbling their way through.  The actors do a pretty good job building the characters.

Every season after that is longer and has a bit more to it.  Lots of character building means lots of dialogue with various characters arcs throughout.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 8:21:39 AM EDT
[#29]
There are a few weak episodes.  But it is a great story and a great series.  They nailed the ending.  Some episodes are brilliant.  Cranston did a fine job and that Tuco Caracter was great.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 8:25:19 AM EDT
[#30]
Yuhls poker face was great !

That last season is some of the best TV ever
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 8:26:53 AM EDT
[#31]
Double tap
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 8:28:15 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Everyone forgets the first season was written/filmed/etc. during the script writers strike.  It's the shortest season and the crew was fumbling their way through.  The actors do a pretty good job building the characters.

Every season after that is longer and has a bit more to it.  Lots of character building means lots of dialogue with various characters arcs throughout.
View Quote

Setting that issue aside, the larger issue is that Walt is shit, his wife and kid are just annoying, and Jesse turns into a whiney wuss.  As someone else noted, the series would suck without the side characters.

Fortunately, some of those folks got their own show.  

"Come On, Take My Gun From Me" | Pimento | Better Call Saul
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 8:32:17 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Yuhls poker face was great !

That last season is some of the best TV ever
View Quote

The last season was an afterthought. They had to do it because the ratings were so good. The last episode of season 4 was the proper ending.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 8:32:44 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I'm bored half way through the second episode. Just in case someone hasn't seen it:
Click To View SpoilerIt's boring. Im browsing arfcom with it playing in the background which is something I never do. Ill stick with it a bit more but I'm kind of surprised at how boring it is after all the hype.

Sorry.

View Quote

I never understood the attraction of a show about a producer of a highly addictive chemical who in furtherance of his production and distribution becomes a mass murderer and serial killer.

He destroys his family and takes other families out as well.  He allows a girl to die to gain control of a co-conspirator, who eventually becomes a murderer himself, as well as participating in multiple mass killings.

The other characters are just as bad.

And any PhD organic chemist would worked at Los Alamos would have little trouble finding gainful employment in that field. He should have worked harder and saved more.

And GDers against legal cannibis love this trash.  Makes zero sense.

Link Posted: 4/11/2022 8:34:48 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I know.   Right?  

How awesome would that be?
View Quote

The fucking best!
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 8:35:15 AM EDT
[#36]
It's not for everyone but it is important to pay attention to details because they'll reveal themselves later in the episode or series.

One thing to consider, breaking bad came out in 08 when attention spans were a little bit longer, so don't expect an explosion every 6.9 seconds. BB belongs in the goat triple crown TV series along with the wire and sopranos.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 8:37:47 AM EDT
[#37]
It takes a while to set the stage. Gets pretty interesting after that.

Link Posted: 4/11/2022 8:38:03 AM EDT
[#38]
i love the show, one of the very few shows Ive watched many times.  Enjoyed saul too.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 8:39:00 AM EDT
[#39]
I could not get into it at first but a friend told me to stick with it and I was glad I did.

Remember, the whole thing of the show is they transform Walter Mitty into Tony Montana. It needs to start off kind of boring and predictable.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 8:41:32 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I never understood the attraction of a show about a producer of a highly addictive chemical who in furtherance of his production and distribution becomes a mass murderer and serial killer.

He destroys his family and takes other families out as well.  He allows a girl to die to gain control of a co-conspirator, who eventually becomes a murderer himself, as well as participating in multiple mass killings.

And any PhD organic chemist would worked at Los Alamos would have little trouble finding gainful employment in that field. He should have worked harder and saved more.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry.

It’s entertainment. Not a lesson in how to live life.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 8:44:02 AM EDT
[#41]
Overall, Breakign Bad wasn't a really good show, nor was it a really bad show.  The premise was interesting, but the actual storylines just got old and repetitive.  

1.  How can Heisenberg/White get himself into a nice setup working for some drug kingpin so he can earn a couple million for his widow and kids?

2.  How can Heisenberg/White fuck it all up THIS time?

3.  Goto 1.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 8:58:53 AM EDT
[#42]
It’s an excellent character study and a window into how corruptible people can be. How evil done for a good cause is still evil, and how that evil can take possession of the soul.

I can’t say I enjoyed it, really, but I admire it and have considered watching it again to see if there are more things I can pick up on. It’s heavy and depressing, but still an excellent watch.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 9:07:23 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

If I remember right they had some financial issue and couldn't use a bunch of locations and chose to shoot the entire episode on 1 set. It's boring, but in a maddening kind of way. I liked it for being so infuriating without trying.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 9:10:21 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

<IMO the only bad episode.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 9:11:22 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I love that show. I recently watched it for the second time.
The second time it struck me just how bleak and dark it really is.

The follow up movie El Camino is pretty good as well.
View Quote

I throughly enjoyed it. Still one of the best ended series I've watched. Nothing like say Lost where the ending is still annoying years later.

Even El Camino didn't ruin things like I feared it would, it added a chapter and still left me feeling content with how the story closed.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 9:14:05 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry.

The title of the show is kind of a giveaway of what it is about.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 9:22:15 AM EDT
[#47]
Pinkman's girlfriend is hawt!

FWW for letting her die
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 9:34:38 AM EDT
[#48]
Breaking Bad is one of those tales where the devil is in the details.

Watch superficially and the characters don't make sense.  Keep an eye on the details and you see how they are driving each other forward, setting their morals and limits, violating those limits and what it drives them to next.

It really is a great character study.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 9:47:43 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I ended up really enjoying the series, but the biggest drag in the whole thing was Skyler.
View Quote

THE ENTIRE POINT of Skylar's character is to bring out the worst in Walter White.  She is the archetype of nagging / unimpressed / bored wife who thinks she loves WW and is pushing him to 'be better', but in the end find out she hates him.  Or at least hates what she (in part) made of him.

Doesn't realize what she had until it's gone.  Transformed and unrecognizable in the man standing before her.

The show would be very different without her.

... and yea, she is annoying as fuck.  Amazing acting.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 10:02:28 AM EDT
[#50]
Well your loss, it is one of the best series ever done on TV.

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top