User Panel

Page / 28
Link Posted: 10/25/2022 10:32:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/25/2022 10:36:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I disagree.  ... although I am obviously not a lawyer or an expert in any way.

What I am seeing as the layperson is that she is humoring him and tolerating his antics up to a point, so that he has NO AVENUE to claim that he didn't receive a fair trail.  By sometimes bending over backwards to tolerate his bullshit in the courtroom, she is making it impossible to appeal or demand a mistrial.

The way I see it, she has been giving him the rope to hang himself with.  It's only a shame that is a metaphor, and not literal.
View Quote

I agree. I think she's just being very careful to ensure he does receive a fair trial.
Link Posted: 10/25/2022 10:42:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

What I am seeing as the layperson is that she is humoring him and tolerating his antics up to a point, so that he has NO AVENUE to claim that he didn't receive a fair trail.  By sometimes bending over backwards to tolerate his bullshit in the courtroom, she is making it impossible to appeal or demand a mistrial.

The way I see it, she has been giving him the rope to hang himself with.  It's only a shame that is a metaphor, and not literal.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Judge Hawt is now the new internet meme for a thugs' bitch.

She has been so utterly punked and biatch slapped by Brooky at every single opportunity.

The only thing she has done something approaching correct is removing him from the courtroom.

If she lets him back in, then the prosecution will most certainly be calling for a mistrial based on Judge Hawt's cowardice.

THIS is how I'm seeing it also
Link Posted: 10/25/2022 10:42:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I agree. I think she's just being very careful to ensure he does receive a fair trial.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

She's getting dangerously close to letting him bait her into saying or doing something that will give him that mistrial though. She really needs to stop engaging with him as much.
Link Posted: 10/25/2022 10:43:01 AM EDT
[#5]
She is the most patient judge I have ever seen. I think she is doing this just to piss off the jury. Every interruption is another nail in his coffin. I also think this tactic is taking away any excuses he will have later giving him the most fair trial possible.
Link Posted: 10/25/2022 10:44:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Had as short meeting.
Looks live Brooks is playing musical court rooms. Right at 70 minutes wasted.
Link Posted: 10/25/2022 10:45:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Brooky can't appeal based on his own actions or ineptitude.... period. You lose this option when you Pro Se

Prosecution can light up the appeals court and even ask for the Judge's robes... Judge Jenni brought this on herself by favoring the defendant.
View Quote

I'm no attorney or judge, but I think she is truly doing a good job given that she has a legal decision to base what she is doing on, but it does not provide a formula for how to do it.  Show me another case where a judge has encountered this much resistance and defiance from a defendant over a trial that has lasted this long?  She is in unchartered territory.   Brooks wants contempt charges because he sees it as a way to further delay and frustrate the court.  I think the judge knows that contempt has no punishment value to Brooks in light of his exposure to sentencing if found guilty on some or all of his charges, so she is trying to move the case forward.  Now that they are looking at jury instructions and closings, she has really began to address his behavior.  But she actually started that during the defense phase and Brooks pushed the court and the court pushed Brooks right back.  What did Brooks accomplish during his phase of the trial as the defense?  

Nope, she is going to try to show that she gave the idiot as much leeway as possible and he sunk his own ship with his actions and extremely bad decision to not have legal counsel represent him.
Link Posted: 10/25/2022 10:51:10 AM EDT
[#8]
What does Brooks have to lose?

He is going to be found guilty and given the maximum sentence.  He knows it.  this is entertainment for him before he gores to prison for the rest of his life.

The other thing is that with a competent lawyer he may have got little lesser sentence in a plea agreement because he did not set out that day to kill people.
Link Posted: 10/25/2022 10:55:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Are they on recess?
Link Posted: 10/25/2022 10:59:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Are they on recess?
View Quote

Live.
Just started Jury instructions

Legal Vices: DARRELL BROOKS Trial Stream. CLOSING ARGUMENTS and Jury instructions. DAY 14 (most likely)
DARRELL BROOKS Trial Stream. CLOSING ARGUMENTS and Jury instructions. DAY 14 (most likely)

Law & Crime: Watch Live: WI v. Darrell Brooks - Waukesha Parade Defendant Trial Day 14
VERDICT WATCH: WI v. Darrell Brooks - Waukesha Parade Defendant Trial Day 14

Fox6 Now: Darrell Brooks trial: Jury instructions, closing arguments set for Tuesday
Link Posted: 10/25/2022 11:30:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/25/2022 11:32:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Brooky can't appeal based on his own actions or ineptitude.... period. You lose this option when you Pro Se

Prosecution can light up the appeals court and even ask for the Judge's robes... Judge Jenni brought this on herself by favoring the defendant.
View Quote

She’s doing okay.  She’s building a record for his inevitable appeal, just like he is. Only difference is that she knows how it’s done.

Appellate courts can be protective of pro se parties, and she knows this. So does the prosecutor. That explains why they’re not pushing the judge to be more punitive with him for his retarded hijinks.
Link Posted: 10/25/2022 11:34:39 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Judge Hawt is now the new internet meme for a thugs' bitch.

She has been so utterly punked and biatch slapped by Brooky at every single opportunity.

The only thing she has done something approaching correct is removing him from the courtroom.

If she lets him back in, then the prosecution will most certainly be calling for a mistrial based on Judge Hawt's cowardice.
View Quote

Gotta still disagree on this one. I think last Friday she might have let him go a bit too far, but I think this week has been a much better balance of limiting the dumb shit he can get away with to actions that are only further digging a hole for himself.
Link Posted: 10/25/2022 12:05:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/25/2022 12:13:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

When the verdict comes back they will have to read the guilty, not guilty or guilty of a lesser included offense for each count.
Link Posted: 10/25/2022 12:33:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

When the verdict comes back they will have to read the guilty, not guilty or guilty of a lesser included offense for each count.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have not heard any lesser charges mentioned or discussed. Current page count is close to the original reading. I think they stayed with the original 1st degree Intentional homicide with the use of a dangerous weapon.

Back from break. Brooks wrote note wanting to come back, but not pledging to be civil.
Brooks waved. Said he shouldn't have to do something he never done before with the pledge.
Judge, No pledge no return.
(I don't know why she continues letting him argue.)
Brooks, "the way I interpret Allen is not how you interpret it," ( he said prior days that "people interpret the law")
Brooks, " i can talk until the jury enters"
10 minutes. he is coming back.
Brooks still yelling in recess.

ETA: return denied, delay of game penalty.
Link Posted: 10/25/2022 12:40:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/25/2022 12:42:57 PM EDT
[#18]
His goal is to antagonize her, plain and simple.

He knows he'll lose an appeal unless he can get her to lose her cool, which seems unlikely given her demeanor so far.
Link Posted: 10/25/2022 12:51:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Return denied, delay of game penalty. (approx. 30 minutes this time)
12:30 charges finished, working on "instructions".
12:43 lunch
Judge removed "battery" from bail jumping charge.
Link Posted: 10/25/2022 1:42:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Attachment Attached File

You ain't comin' back in, Darrell.
Link Posted: 10/25/2022 2:57:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Waiting for the Judge.
Brooks back in main court room.
Look like he has his sovereign citizen cheat sheets ready to go.
Link Posted: 10/25/2022 3:00:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Waiting for the tazer to get used... PLEASE!!!!

Link Posted: 10/25/2022 3:02:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Ok... which one of you had military tribunal on your bingo charts???
Link Posted: 10/25/2022 3:02:38 PM EDT
[#24]
He brought up gold fringe and admiralty court!  Drink!
Link Posted: 10/25/2022 3:04:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Brooks goes in with the fringe on the flag. "common law or admiral court."
Judge ignores, only making note not to address. "
Brooks, " that is the trust name.  ... Subject matter jurisdiction."

Judge goes forward.
Link Posted: 10/25/2022 3:04:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Since we are in court I'm not sure we'll get a bingo as a lot of their common terms have to do with what they say at the time of arrest.

https://donutoperatorbingo.com/?game=sovereign
Link Posted: 10/25/2022 3:05:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Ok... which one of you had military tribunal on your bingo charts???
View Quote

I think the only think left on mine is "traveler".
Link Posted: 10/25/2022 3:05:27 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
He brought up gold fringe and admiralty court!  Drink!
View Quote

Damn ... I won't be able to stand in an hour.
Link Posted: 10/25/2022 3:07:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

She's getting dangerously close to letting him bait her into saying or doing something that will give him that mistrial though. She really needs to stop engaging with him as much.
View Quote

I agree with this also in that she put her foot down numerous times. Continuously engaging with him further frustrated her, potentially opening her up for error. She drew lines that he kept crossing, but she did a great job of keeping her composure and letting him dig his hole deeper.
Link Posted: 10/25/2022 3:10:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Oh please, let Brooks make a scene and bust up the display during the prosecution.

Shit... he is going to get bounced (again).

Lame
Link Posted: 10/25/2022 3:11:49 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Oh please, let Brooks make a scene and bust up the display during the prosecution.
View Quote

Brooks attempting to bring "evidence" in for his closing argument:

Link Posted: 10/25/2022 3:12:03 PM EDT
[#32]
Brooks being put on notice by the judge to stay on topic.
Brooks, " I don't consent to being called by that name."

State going to use esle for exhibits.
Brooks want to use exhibits also.

Brooks says, " mine aren't anything the state has.... It is parts of my filins"

Judge, not allowed.

His Bond, Docket sheet, her oath of office... the shock device on my ankles..

this 15 minutes should come of of his hour.

I'm thinking he doesn't make it 5 minutes in a closing.

still arguing.
Judge gives notice.
Brook' I AM GOING TO LET THE Jury know their rights under the 1st, 5th, 6th....... I preserved those t rights this morning... any law repugnant of ????         "
Judge reading off her sheets.
Link Posted: 10/25/2022 3:15:17 PM EDT
[#33]
If this was a Maritime Court, it would have been over by now and he would be out-of-society.
Link Posted: 10/25/2022 3:18:43 PM EDT
[#34]
any law repugnant?

What's Brooks' screen name?
Link Posted: 10/25/2022 3:20:10 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
any law repugnant?

What's Brooks' screen name?
View Quote

It won't be in CAPS.

Link Posted: 10/25/2022 3:21:22 PM EDT
[#36]
She is wasting her breath and everyone's time.

She is such a tart ... just STFU and toss his ass in the other courtroom.

This is the part the Prosecution can raise later on. "We are dealing with an idiot in robes and at the defense table"
Link Posted: 10/25/2022 3:25:47 PM EDT
[#37]
"Unlawful Law" - Brooks

DRINK!!!
Link Posted: 10/25/2022 3:26:09 PM EDT
[#38]
Brooks want to make an offer to appeal.
DENIED.
(someone needs sent to their room)
video froze....

Judge, Standing. " I am done. dealing..." Brooks continues, Judge continues.

Link Posted: 10/25/2022 3:29:17 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Brooks want to make an offer to appeal.
DENIED.
(someone needs sent to their room)
video froze....
View Quote

I want to appeal my case before it's even over.
Link Posted: 10/25/2022 3:30:16 PM EDT
[#40]
Lol this guy is a lunatic

Wish we could have saved a zillion dollars and just put a bullet in him
Link Posted: 10/25/2022 3:30:36 PM EDT
[#41]
Another "Lawful Law" ...

And another "Lawful Law" ...

I'm already finished with one glass
Link Posted: 10/25/2022 3:32:25 PM EDT
[#42]
Brooks has wasted 2 hrs. today.
Judge, Jury comming.
Brooks, " hold me in contempt, HOLD ME IN CONTEMPT..." (standing  ( for jury paused))

Judge removing him.
right forfeited to be present for states closing.

Will invite him back for his argument.
Brooks, " you can't invite me back, I reclaim my right."
Link Posted: 10/25/2022 3:32:57 PM EDT
[#43]
Gone again. No way he delivers closing argument.
Link Posted: 10/25/2022 3:33:43 PM EDT
[#44]
OMG, Fuck this guy!!

Holy Shit!!
Link Posted: 10/25/2022 3:35:03 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Gone again. No way he delivers closing argument.
View Quote

He's going to get a few sentences in, but that's about it.

If he was "smart" he'd ramble on for an hour about nonsense that's related to the case, maybe touching how it wasn't intentional in an attempt to legitimately help his case. Instead, he's going to go off on sovereign citizen bullshit and jury nullification and get it shut down immediately.
Link Posted: 10/25/2022 3:40:22 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
"Unlawful Law" - Brooks

DRINK!!!
View Quote

I’d end up in the hospital if I actually played a drinking game to this trial
Link Posted: 10/25/2022 3:40:54 PM EDT
[#47]
Going back and listens, The judge mentions the Jury Bailiff entered the court room, but kept the Jury out.
(rolf image removed)

42 minutes later. another judge statement on his removal.

Judge, " I hope I don't have to go through a decision that forfeits his right.. or makes a finding that he has forfeited his right to make a closing argument."
(48 min ... this is going to be longer than the Jury Instructions)
Link Posted: 10/25/2022 3:45:40 PM EDT
[#48]
I think there's still time for Mr. Brooks to pull this off with his eloquent use of legal terms he doesn't know anything about!    

Standing by for Jury announcement and inevitable tasering.
Link Posted: 10/25/2022 3:50:37 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Going back and listens, The judge mentions the Jury Bailiff entered the court room, but kept the Jury out.
(rolf image removed)

42 minutes later. another judge statement on his removal.

Judge, " I hope I don't have to go through a decision that forfeits his right.. or makes a finding that he has forfeited his right to make a closing argument."
(48 min ... this is going to be longer than the Jury Instructions)
View Quote

Does she have a word quota she needs to hit?  
Link Posted: 10/25/2022 3:52:06 PM EDT
[#50]
Brooks turning his back to the court.

State will be using a PowerPoint.
Page / 28
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top