Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/25/2022 10:34:42 AM EDT
We are one of the largest producers of oil and natural gas.

Europe could come to the US for energy and we could effectively supply both our nation and Europe leaving Russia fucked.

Politicians in TEXAS alone are screaming "Let us drill!"

Our biggest wall in our way is Biden.

Link Posted: 2/25/2022 10:36:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Why do you hate mother earth?
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 11:00:54 AM EDT
[#2]
OP, we could be THE largest.  The Saudis, Chinese and Russians were petrified of that.  An America that was powerful AND energy independent that could also export oil and gas to Western Europe to loosen Putin's grip? Can't have that.  That's why Trump had to go.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 11:05:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
OP, we could be THE largest.  The Saudis, Chinese and Russians were petrified of that.  An America that was powerful AND energy independent that could also export oil and gas to Western Europe to loosen Putin's grip? Can't have that.  That's why Trump had to go.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 11:09:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Is it actually feasible to export NG without a pipeline?  I know they have those CNG ships, but I can't wrap my head around how compressing it and putting it on a ship is going to really supply an entire 1st world continent.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 11:10:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Short term maybe, but we also have a finite supply of energy and I wouldn't sell it to anybody if I cared for my grand children.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 11:11:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 11:12:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Short term maybe, but we also have a finite supply of energy and I wouldn't sell it to anybody if I cared for my grand children.
View Quote

Wrong
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 11:13:05 AM EDT
[#8]
OP (and I) DGAF about globular warming.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 11:14:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Right there with you
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 11:15:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Why would Biden do that when he helped Vlad get Nordstream 2 up and running, shut down our pipeline and started buying Vlad's oil?
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 11:16:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
Sadly our politicians either really believe it or know it's a leverage point to keep the dollar as the petrodollar with our enemies.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 11:16:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

You want her to hold all those farts in?
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 11:17:31 AM EDT
[#13]
Build nuke plants.  Sell oil. Profit!
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 11:17:37 AM EDT
[#14]
The "biggest wall" isn't a wall at all, but more an ocean.

Not insurmountable, but infrastructure to move the volumes required to support a second, remote continent is not cheap, immediately available, nor insignificant in scope.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 11:22:33 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Europe could come to the US for energy and we could effectively supply both our nation and Europe leaving Russia fucked.

View Quote
I saw the same news segment.

Here's the problem....

They don't want it fixed.

That's it, that's the whole thing. They want us destroyed and they are making progress doing it. Any dumb analyst that doesn't grasp this is wasting their time and contributing to the bullshit that is fogging up clear seeing of our downfall.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 11:27:14 AM EDT
[#16]
We COULD be, but not with that twat in the WH.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 11:29:39 AM EDT
[#17]
Germany deliberately shutdown 100% of its nuke reactors... to go green.

Now they have blackouts. So they buy coal fired energy from France and make some coal energy in Germany

These people are stupid> They are globalist WEFs swine. This whole fake war with Russia is a joke. All to deflect from the worldwide freedom convoy uprisings.  All the sanctions dont even hit Putins energy reserves, its a farce.

So again why should we cripple Russia when they are basically all on the same team with the rest of the EU, Canada, China and a good portion of the US?

Let the Putin have the Ukraine. Its not worth it as the whole thing is an orchestrated fake to mislead and deflect. You buy into this rubbish at your own peril.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 11:35:30 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I saw the same news segment.

Here's the problem....

They don't want it fixed.

That's it, that's the whole thing. They want us destroyed and they are making progress doing it. Any dumb analyst that doesn't grasp this is wasting their time and contributing to the bullshit that is fogging up clear seeing of our downfall.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/25/2022 11:41:22 AM EDT
[#19]
Why would we when Democrat lobbyists are fully vested into Chinese solar and “green” energy companies in the USA?

They want higher gas prices so .gov can give them subsidies and enrich themselves. Thats why there is a media propaganda arm pushing climate change.

It’s always about money, national security and global stability be damned.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 11:44:02 AM EDT
[#20]
It's less Biden than it is WallStreet.  Most folks don't realize that most oil production and companies are pretty much a house of cards, and generally don't generate as much revenue as they consume.  Wall Street money was flowing in to pay for all of that, and with the latest crash, the financiers finally realized that F'it, they are tired of loosing money in oil and gas.  And with that, the money isn't flowing into the US oil fields anymore.  That has way more to do with it than the Biden administration.   That said, as oil prices continue to rise, that will change, and companies will be able to self-finance better.  Most oil companies have pretty power-point charts that say they are profitable in West Texas at $45/bbl oil, which is pretty much bullshit.  But I will say, $92 oil is getting there fast, I'll say that!  The only thing that is keeping $/gal gasoline down, is the decreased consumption rate of commuting and travel due to COVID.  As we are now climbing out of COVID, that's ramping up.  Combined with oil up to $92/BBL, you're probably going to see a pretty big growth in US E&P soon.  

All that said, very little of Europe's energy production is done by oil-fired power plants.  Most production plants now are natural gas.  And Natural gas, while cheap, is hard to move.  There are shipping systems in place now, but they are expensive and of limited capacity - not near enough to satisfy Europe's need.

The answer to Europe is simple, obvious, and was already in place with an excellent Western European safety record: Nuclear.  A pile of metal that when concentrated makes more heat, when pulled apart makes less heat.  Combine together with care, make steam, steam spins turbine.  DONE!   That easy.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 11:44:32 AM EDT
[#21]
Why would you trade your most valuable resources for fiat currency? Plus, why would you continue to prop up rotting institutions? Let the Europeans sleep in the hole that they dug.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 11:48:28 AM EDT
[#22]
Could is the word .    Forces are at play;   WEF,  Agenda 2030,   BBB (the green part) , The Great Reset, etc.   I obviously only know what I read and view ,  something's up energy wise,   "The Cost Of Carbon " agenda has got a lot of momentum since FJB was installed.    I can understand how .gov is going along but has Larry Fink/ Blackrock pressured Big Oil to accept Decarbonization ?.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:44:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

You have no idea how ridicules that statement is, we have 1000 years of NG in North Dakota alone. We could never deplete all the NG the US has.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 1:33:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

I agree, we should suck the world dry and keep what we have for us.
I understand capitalism and world markets but other countries have no problem holding resources.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 1:35:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Hello there.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 1:39:10 PM EDT
[#26]
The Luciferian Globalist WEF stands in your way...
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 1:45:12 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

So why are they waiting on Biden to start drilling?
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 1:47:05 PM EDT
[#28]
What are the logistics of transporting natural gas across the ocean?

Can it be just as effective as a direct pipeline?
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 1:48:43 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

How do you get it there?
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 1:51:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

You have no idea how ridicules that statement is, we have 1000 years of NG in North Dakota alone. We could never deplete all the NG the US has.
View Quote
Maybe, maybe not. I just saw some guy on Fox saying we have 100 years of gas left in the entire US. Not expert here, but imho, we should not be selling finite resources that we will need in future generations. Sell, lumber, food etc. that can be renewed but profiting short term to eventually cut off your nose to spite your face is bullshit. You can't prove there is a 1,000 years of anything that is going to last. America is so focused on dollars they can't think past there own self interests. Did your thousand years come from the John Kerry model?
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 1:59:48 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Wrong
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wrong

Isn't this what Norway is doing?
Also, people in Norway pay the highest gas prices on earth.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 2:01:23 PM EDT
[#32]
Currently, there are not near enough carriers to transport LNG to Europe to replace Russian Gas.  And, we don't have the terminals in this country to export that quantity.   And, and, Europe does not have the terminals on their end to receive, store, and gasify that quantity of LNG.  

LNG can't compete on price with pipeline gas.  

What we should have been doing, since around 2010, is getting all this infrustructure in place.  Here and there.   And, we should have been working our Nato allies on the concept that Putin and Russia can never be trusted, and their goal is restore the Soviet empire, by force if necessary.  

Most of the current exported LNG is heading to Asia.  More recently, some is being shipped to Europe, but its a tiny fraction of Europe's demand.  

In fairness, prior to the fracking/shale revolution, we were building import terminals in this country.   Many thought that we would be importing gas, not exporting it.   That flipped, and the prior import terminals were re-worked to be export terminals.

The present bottle neck is carriers.   As such, shipping rates have spiked.  Especially last Fall.  

To build carriers, you are looking at years.   There are not a whole lotta facilities around the world building these huge ships.   Import or export terminals are basically 5 years from start to finish on a fast track.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 2:05:45 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yup.

All true, undeniably true.

However, foreign interests pay our politicians to keep the price of oil as high as possible and of course many of the donors to our current political leaders are heavily invested in "renewables".

Angela Merkel's energy policy started in 2011 and then Joe Biden's energy policy at the start of 2021 absolutely doomed the people of Ukraine.  People are literally dying because of it.

Link Posted: 2/25/2022 2:19:22 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Is it actually feasible to export NG without a pipeline?  I know they have those CNG ships, but I can't wrap my head around how compressing it and putting it on a ship is going to really supply an entire 1st world continent.
View Quote

We export a LOT.  There are around 2 dozen  ships that do a circuit between Northern European countries and Texas ports. The Netherlands especially.  That said, we are not capable of supply the whole continent.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 2:23:51 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

We export a LOT.  There are around 2 dozen  ships that do a circuit between Northern European countries and Texas ports. The Netherlands especially.  That said, we are not capable of supply the whole continent.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My first thought as well.

Selling some gas to Europe, is not the same as selling all of Europe's gas to them.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 2:24:35 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 2:26:57 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

How do you get it there?
View Quote
Oil? Same way everyone else does.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 2:44:00 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How do you get it there?

So you’re saying you mix it with oil?

That even makes less sense.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 2:44:04 PM EDT
[#39]
Iirc epa is blocking multiple LNG projects in S Texas.  Only way to send Europe natural gas is LNG
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 2:45:59 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

We should ask that of European countries who import fossil fuels instead of restricting their use to what they can produce domestically, and preferably renewably.

"Make the enemy live up to its own book of rules."

Link Posted: 2/25/2022 3:54:54 PM EDT
[#41]
When it comes to xiden you have to realize he'd rather fuck the American people more than take serious punitive measures against Russia.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 3:56:32 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 4:01:15 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's also why all this talk of nuke Russia, do this or that is stupid. We're going to put on a little show about how mad we are Russia is doing this yet again, people will be led around by the nose but in the end we and western Europe aren't going to do jack shit.

Link Posted: 2/25/2022 4:06:31 PM EDT
[#44]
AUTISTIC SCREECHING!!!

Link Posted: 2/25/2022 4:44:16 PM EDT
[#45]
Yup
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 4:56:53 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 5:10:05 PM EDT
[#47]
oh boy, now you did it

you! to the gulag!!

Link Posted: 2/25/2022 5:13:05 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

So you're saying you mix it with oil?

That even makes less sense.
View Quote
Huh.......?

NO! We ship oil the same way everyone else does......
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 5:13:44 PM EDT
[#49]
oh... i thought this was gonna be one of those..."lets sneak in the back door and destroy the rest of the russian army and settle it once and for all thus ending Russia's Energy reign, save Europe and the rest of the world and scare the bejesus out of china as well kinda threads!!

Link Posted: 2/25/2022 5:14:07 PM EDT
[#50]
Remember that next time that you go to the voting booth.

Also, don't be fooled by the D or R after their name.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top