User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 8/14/2021 6:38:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

That's reasonable.
ETA: I have one AR that's been running on the spring from a ball point pen for 10+ years because I launched the buffer retainer spring and couldn't find it
View Quote

C'mon, man.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/ar-15-parts-replacement-kit.html
Link Posted: 8/14/2021 6:48:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Not a huge deal but they should send the OP a few boxes of 556 and a new spring for his troubles.

Everyone should have the know how to basically break an AR down and replace the components. Along with a good set of required tools to do so. Your life may very well depend on it one day.
View Quote

Wonder how that would work out
LoL
Link Posted: 8/14/2021 6:53:37 PM EDT
[#3]
That sucks

That kind of stuff is the reason i don’t recommend PSA to new shooters.  If you have experience messing with ARs its not a huge deal most of the time.  Still a bummer though.
Link Posted: 8/14/2021 6:56:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
But have they lost a customer?
View Quote

Does OP own a bandsaw by any chance?
Link Posted: 8/14/2021 7:01:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

C'mon, man.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's reasonable.
ETA: I have one AR that's been running on the spring from a ball point pen for 10+ years because I launched the buffer retainer spring and couldn't find it

C'mon, man.

I got 99 problems but not having that spring ain't one
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/14/2021 7:04:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Another factory built AR win!

Quoted:
In fairness to PSA I didn't inspect the gun I just put a sight on and went to shoot it,in fairness to me it's a brand new gun I didn't think I needed to
View Quote

You shouldn't have to.  You should, with high confidence, be able to buy a new gun, and expect it to work out of the box.  I don't open up electronics, or toasters, or anything else for that matter.

With AR's, I just prefer to build my own.

ETA, and just save yourself the headache.  Run up to the LGS.  They should have the buffer retainer/spring on the shelf(like $6) Grab an AR castle nut wrench, cheepie or Magpul will work just fine and just fix it yourself.

If you send it back, it'll be weeks until returned.
Link Posted: 8/14/2021 7:05:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Lost another customer
Link Posted: 8/14/2021 7:09:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

C'mon, man.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's reasonable.

C'mon, man.

If its stupid and it works, it isnt stupid.
Link Posted: 8/14/2021 7:09:47 PM EDT
[#9]
I did that one time with a PSA build kit.  Didnt quite get buffer tube far enough in. Bent my spring on first rack of the bolt.  Probably should have replaced spring just half ass bent it back and guess what still working fine.  I don’t see why you need anything other than a castle nut wrench to fix it.
Link Posted: 8/14/2021 7:15:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Just leave the buffer retainer and spring out and shoot the thing.

It is an unnecessary part that causes problems.  Why have one?
Link Posted: 8/14/2021 7:17:27 PM EDT
[#11]
The gun will run without a buffer retainer, I doubt it's "broken".

The receiver extension needs to be threaded in a turn or two.
Link Posted: 8/14/2021 7:19:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I’m confident PSA will make it right
View Quote

This.

If you assembled from a kit, you did not thread the tube in far enough.
Link Posted: 8/14/2021 7:42:47 PM EDT
[#13]
These threads seem to happen a lot, there has to be a common denominator but I just can't put my finger on it
Link Posted: 8/14/2021 7:47:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Had the same issue with mine after about 500 rounds. Had to dremel the tube to get a better fit when I fixed it.

Mine would also give me doubles and triples until I upgraded the trigger...  Fun gun to shoot but took some work to get reliable.
Link Posted: 8/14/2021 8:20:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
You guys would seriously send it back for that?  All that hassle on your end vs. turning in a threaded tube one more turn?
View Quote

I would notify PSA of the problem and request a gift card for the trouble.  PSA would only help if you sent it back, and maybe send you a gift card or maybe not.

In the end I would only send it back if I didn't want it, too easy to fix by yourself
Link Posted: 8/14/2021 8:23:07 PM EDT
[#16]
It shouldn’t have arrived to you that way. Period, full stop, end of story.

But if you can’t fix that, I don’t think you should own an AR.
Link Posted: 8/14/2021 9:01:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Is the castle nut staked?
View Quote
It looks looks like it is in the 2nd pic
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 6:34:48 AM EDT
[#18]
Hopefully this all gets worked out for you, OP.

Quite the dilemma.
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 6:41:26 AM EDT
[#19]
The extractor on mine broke within the first 30 rounds
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 7:10:55 AM EDT
[#20]
They forgot the roll pin in a gas block in a 16 556 upper I bought. I should have noticed when I inspected it. They offered to make it right but it's wasteful to mail a roll pin just to make a point. I was more concerned that the process engineers and quality inspectors were made aware to look for it in the future. We all know human inspection is 80% at best.

Edit: Wrong photo that was after I repaired it.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/15/2021 7:54:44 AM EDT
[#21]
Is it too soon?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 8:42:34 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
The extractor on mine broke within the first 30 rounds
View Quote
GD -  "oh that's no big deal and these things happen, just call them and they will fix it"
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 9:14:18 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
You need to thread your buffer tube in more. Actually. Psa needs to thread that in more, send it back.
View Quote

Yup, don't know who installed the buffer tube but they need to be retrained or woken up from the daze they're in.
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 9:50:19 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
These threads seem to happen a lot, there has to be a common denominator but I just can't put my finger on it
View Quote

Inexperienced, non-technical AR owners, for one.
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 10:00:37 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
But have they lost a customer?
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 10:11:01 AM EDT
[#26]
That's a feature. You just shaved a few unnecessary milligrams of weight from your weapon.
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 10:20:39 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Inexperienced, non-technical AR owners, for one.
View Quote
It wasn't a home built gun
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 10:23:26 AM EDT
[#28]
And the lesson is:  Never Trust A Build Done By Anyone Else.  You Are The QC Inspector.  Always inspect the build before use.  Even when you DIY.

Link Posted: 8/15/2021 10:26:54 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
In fairness to PSA I didn't inspect the gun I just put a sight on and went to shoot it,in fairness to me it's a brand new gun I didn't think I needed to
View Quote

No matter who the manufacture is you should always field strip and inspect you firearm before firing. Every manufacture can make mistakes. They are mechanical devices made by humans. Errors are possible.
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 10:31:21 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/247800/PXL_20210814_230013540_jpg-2052859.JPG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's reasonable.

C'mon, man.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/247800/PXL_20210814_230013540_jpg-2052859.JPG

I do the same. I got a parts kit box for every type of serious firearm I own. I started doing this after I lost a locking block spring for a P226 about 20 years ago. The spring fell out while I was putting the locking block in, I saw it hit the carpet and then I guess it fell into another realm because I never found it after about an hour of looking. I had to order a new one.
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 10:40:33 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

In fairness, you shouldn’t have to inspect a brand new gun for basic issues.

But yeah, some companies outsource QC to the customer & you’ve got to do that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I also like to set off explosions right next to my face after assuming others care if I catch shrapnel or not.

Inspect your shit.  You cleaned and lubed it first anyway, right?  Perfect time to actually look it over.
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 12:12:25 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

No matter who the manufacture is you should always field strip and inspect you firearm before firing. Every manufacture can make mistakes. They are mechanical devices made by humans. Errors are possible.
View Quote

And here we have the bullshit post of the day.  Charlie-Fuckup didn't even notice a problem with a weapon he himself assembled, now he is acting like he field strips every BB gun he buys before he shoots it.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 12:14:57 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

And here we have the bullshit post of the day.  Charlie-Fuckup didn't even notice a problem with a weapon he himself assembled, now he is acting like he field strips every BB gun he buys before he shoots it.
/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/dont_believe_you_anchorman_zps267e5cbb_GIF-108.gif
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/dont_believe_you_anchorman_zps267e5cbb_GIF-108.gif

What are you talking about? Are you still pissy about your selector switch not pointing true north? That was like what three months ago or some shit. Jesus your worse than an old woman.

A selector switch not pointing true 90 is not a problem.

Attachment Attached File

For those wondering about context this is the thread where doorkicker made a stupid thread crying about his PSA lower and selector not pointing straight 90 degrees. It was off by a few degrees and he decided to go all drama. When members, including myself called him out for being a drama tard he got prissy and tried to make it a safety issue. When that didn’t work he edited his initial stupid ass post. This was in May and now here we are in the middle of Aug and he is still carrying lots of salt.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/I-ll-admit-it--I-once-believed-that-MOST-stripped-lowers-were-created-equal-/5-2453903/

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 12:29:11 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

What are you talking about? Are you still pissy about your selector switch not pointing true north? That was like what three months ago or some shit. Jesus your worse than an old woman.

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/temp-95.gif

For those wondering about context this is the thread where doorkicker made a stupid thread crying about his PSA lower and selector not pointing straight 90 degrees. It was off by a few degrees and he decided to go all drama. When members, including myself called him out for being a drama tard he got prissy and tried to make it a safety issue. When that didn’t work he edited his initial stupid ass post. This was in May and now here we are in the middle of Aug and he is still carrying lots of salt.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/I-ll-admit-it--I-once-believed-that-MOST-stripped-lowers-were-created-equal-/5-2453903/

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/5ddc336bfd9db244c913783d-460.gif
View Quote

Thats it, I knew you would have it saved somewhere. You only mentioned it in about 10-15 other threads.  I only mention it now because I know you are lying.  And I only edited my OP because PSA agreed to fix my problem, and gave me 2 $50 gift cards for the trouble.

I wonder is your picture you posted with your improperly indexed safety (That you never noticed) still in that thread?  Or do you only field strip weapons assembled by others?  And what good would field stripping a gun be if you don't even know what you are looking at to know if it is right or wrong?

And please tell me you didn't send that lower back to PSA.  You were both made for each other...
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 12:30:33 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Thats it, I knew you would have it saved somewhere. You only mentioned it in about 10-15 other threads.  I only mention it now because I know you are lying.  And I only edited my OP because PSA agreed to fix my problem, and gave me 2 $50 gift cards for the trouble.

I wonder is your picture you posted with your improperly indexed safety (That you never noticed) still in that thread?  Or do you only field strip weapons assembled by others?  And what good would field stripping a gun be if you don't even know what you are looking at to know if it is right or wrong?

And please tell me you didn't send that lower back to PSA.  You were both made for each other...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/5ddc336bfd9db244c913783d-460.gif

I’m lying about what exactly? I didn’t save anything. I googled Ar15.com+doorkicker+PSA and it was the first thing that popped up.

Edit: No I didn’t send that lower back, a selector switch not pointing 90 degrees perfectly is a non-issue. It is in the safe with the other ARs. One of them has a tight magwell and Pmags don’t always drop free. *GASP*. I’m not a drama queen though, so I didn’t make a retarded thread about it. Serious question, are you on medication? You seem to get emotionally wrapped up on things to the extreme.
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 12:33:43 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/73787/8F192A2F-1A9D-4673-B2E3-B1B63E378408_jpe-2053653.JPG
View Quote

I remember that thread!

Link Posted: 8/15/2021 12:38:15 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I remember that thread!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/73787/8F192A2F-1A9D-4673-B2E3-B1B63E378408_jpe-2053653.JPG

I remember that thread!

I had actually forgotten all about it until doorkicker brought it up in this thread. The irony is I wasn’t even the one going at him that hard. There were others making memes about him. Yet here he is. SMH.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/15/2021 12:38:38 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I’m lying about what exactly? I didn’t save anything. I googled Ar15.com+doorkicker+PSA and it was the first thing that popped up.
View Quote

you are lying about field stripping and inspecting "EVERY WEAPON I OWN".  Admit it, you know that is a lie, it just sounded kewl and edgy.
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 12:39:28 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

you are lying about field stripping and inspecting "EVERY WEAPON I OWN".  Admit it, you know that is a lie, it just sounded kewl and edgy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That’s a bold accusation. Got any proof? Or is this just more of your drama?
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 12:40:54 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 8/15/2021 12:43:02 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I had actually forgotten all about it until doorkicker brought it up in this thread. The irony is I wasn’t even the one going at him that hard. There were others making memes about him. Yet here he is. SMH.

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/476-342.gif
View Quote

And there is another lie.  You posted a reference to that thread in just about every thread I posted in long after that thread died off. Now you are backing out of your shit posting? Why?  

I bet after all your shit posting, you sent your lower back didn't you?  You did didn't you?  So did you get a gift card too?
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 12:44:30 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
It wasn't a home built gun
View Quote

Maybe he meant the employees?
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 12:50:06 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

And there is another lie.  You posted a reference to that thread in just about every thread I posted in long after that thread died off. Now you are backing out of your shit posting? Why?  

I bet after all your shit posting, you sent your lower back didn't you?  You did didn't you?  So did you get a gift card too?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/476-342.gif

Bro you’ve got to stop. You keep accusing me of lying and about random shit that doesn’t matter. About a thread from three months ago where you got your balls busted to the point you edited your OP and changed the title. Do you not realize how emotionally crazy and unstable that makes you look?

There is nothing cool or edgy about inspecting a firearm you just purchased before you fire it. It’s simple and takes about a minute at most. You need to go grab a drink and relax. Let things go. It’s the internet not serious business.
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 12:54:28 PM EDT
[#44]
Now it's a party
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 2:13:08 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Bro you’ve got to stop. You keep accusing me of lying and about random shit that doesn’t matter. About a thread from three months ago where you got your balls busted to the point you edited your OP and changed the title. Do you not realize how emotionally crazy and unstable that makes you look?

There is nothing cool or edgy about inspecting a firearm you just purchased before you fire it. It’s simple and takes about a minute at most. You need to go grab a drink and relax. Let things go. It’s the internet not serious business.
View Quote

how much was your gift card for?
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 2:21:26 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What? Wtf are you even talking about? You know what, doesn’t matter. You need help. I hope you get the help you need bro.
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 2:23:57 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I also like to set off explosions right next to my face after assuming others care if I catch shrapnel or not.

Inspect your shit.  You cleaned and lubed it first anyway, right?  Perfect time to actually look it over.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I drove my truck on the highway at 80 mph without tearing apart the brakes first too. If you feel the need to have to have to take on the role of quality control because you can’t trust a company to catch basic issues that’s a sure sign you’re buying shit tier products.
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 2:25:15 PM EDT
[#48]
would you send it back for a pin/spring.  Just put in a new one and move on.
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 2:36:20 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Just leave the buffer retainer and spring out and shoot the thing.

It is an unnecessary part that causes problems.  Why have one?
View Quote

That's my favorite.
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 2:51:02 PM EDT
[#50]
a lot going on in here.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top