BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 9:48:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

That's literally the theory propagated by biblical scholars. I didn't add any personal opinion.
View Quote

The was directed at the theory, not at you. Apologies if I didn't make that clear.
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 9:49:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Experts in both Christianity  and science say dinosaurs were extinct long before humans came or were put here or evolved. I think both could legitimately be misinterpreting evidence and missing some links. Their refusal to concede to that hurts their credibility pretty badly, especially the scientists  as of late.
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 10:25:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I feel dumber reading this far.
View Quote

Bro do you even dinosaurs on Noah’s Ark?
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 11:31:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Time is human, trying to apply it to the biblical creation stories is pointless.

But some biblical scholars say it does! Bible also says humans are tarded and you shouldn't listen to them.
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 11:37:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Prior to the fall there was no death with human or animals.  Men and animals lived at least a thousand years.  Reptiles never stop growing.  Dinosaurs are reptiles.
View Quote
So which is it - was there no death, or did they live a thousand years?
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 11:54:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Were dinosaurs kosher to eat under the Old Testament laws?

I’d eat a dinosaur.
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 11:54:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Gods time is not mans time .

The Bible says men used to live 200 years and such . In the Arctic it can be daylight for 20 hours .

The Earth is Older than 20, ooo years .
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 11:59:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Ok. Show me domesticated house at fossils from the same time period as dinosaurs.

Look. Divine intervention isn't impossible, but the story presented in the Bible is so ludacris that can't possibly mean to use it as a factual source.
View Quote

The story presented in the Bible is observable, you just put on a different set of glasses to interpret the results.  I look at everything from both perspectives does this prove evolution and disprove creation and vice versa.  I have found that neither disprove the other and each comes down to faith.  Science is good for making observations not explaining how we got here.  Evolution is a religion onto itself.  It is the stumbling block for our time.

Also to answer your question, yes there have been common animal fossils found with Dinosaurs.

https://www.genesispark.com/exhibits/evidence/paleontological/modern-fossils-with-dinos/

EDIT: I assume you meant horses not houses.  

Link Posted: 9/10/2022 12:03:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
We homeschool our kids with a Christian-based curriculum.

When it comes to stories about creation or the flood, we took that opportunity to explain the difference between literal and figurative meaning in the Bible.  

My 9 year old was skeptical about Adam and Eve right out of the gate.  

“daddy, if Adam and Eve were the first people, they had babies right?  Who did their babies have kids with?”

I like that we’re raising kids with faith but who are also critical thinkers.
View Quote

Faith means believing God, so which god are you placing your faith in?
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 12:06:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

That's an interesting angle targeted at biblical fundamentalists...

View Quote

We loose species all the time.  They are implying lots of species have gone extinct in the thousands of years since the flood.  Blaming it on climate change…
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 12:17:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

We loose species all the time.…

View Quote

Yes but do we TIGHTEN species?
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 12:19:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Yes but do we TIGHTEN species?
View Quote

Apparently we do, that’s observable.
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 12:25:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
we are dinosaurs? really?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
We're dinosaurs created alongside man and all the other animals of earth?

we are dinosaurs? really?

Yes they were...
Link Posted: 10/1/2022 8:37:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Interesting. Thanks for your post and I appreciate you taking the time to type it.
View Quote

youre welcome. ask me anything ill answer as best i can. i expected the people with rainbow avatars and their corresponding agendas to show up and they did not disappoint.
Link Posted: 10/1/2022 8:46:11 PM EDT
[#15]
May of already been posted but check out the Man foot prints along dinosaur foot prints in glenrose tx.
Link Posted: 10/1/2022 8:58:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
May of already been posted but check out the Man foot prints along dinosaur foot prints in glenrose tx.
View Quote

". . . for many years claims were made by some strict creationists, and continue to be encouraged by a few individuals, that fossil human footprints or "giant man tracks" occur alongside dinosaur tracks in the Paluxy Riverbed of Glen Rose, Texas.

However, initial critical work in the early 1970's (Neufeld, 1975), and more intensive scientific studies in recent years, have convincingly refuted the "man track" claims, and led to their abandonment even by most creationists."

http://www.paleo.cc/paluxy/mantrack.htm

Link Posted: 10/2/2022 4:55:33 AM EDT
[#17]
The Flinstones. Proof beyond doubt.
Link Posted: 10/2/2022 5:01:36 AM EDT
[#18]
and Mohammed, PBUH, is the prophet of Allah.

See how this all works, OP?
Link Posted: 10/2/2022 5:03:42 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Disproven. But hey, fairytales are cool. I personally like the ones with the sexy little elf chicks.

IN a new analysis of giant fossil footprints in a Texas riverbed, paleontologists have concluded that there is no evidence of human prints mingled with those of dinosaurs. The finding, they said, undermines a key argument advanced by religious fundamentalists who have cited the ''man tracks'' as scientific evidence of a relatively recent, divine creation of life on earth, in keeping with a literal interpretation of the Bible.

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top