Link Posted: 1/20/2023 6:43:31 AM EDT
[#1]
FPNI
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 6:51:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Telepathic vestigial twin.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 7:16:34 AM EDT
[#3]
I stopped growing at age 13 at 6’4”. It was kind of awkward at that age being the tall guy. Oh, and I have a small extra nipple
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 7:22:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It sounds as though you spend time tucking and sweeping in front of children. I tuck and sweep, but only when it’s legal.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Elephantitus of the shlong
It’s a burden I bear

I had my nieces and nephews convinced for years that I had a tail.
Mrs. chipling and their parents played along with the ruse, it was great fun.

It sounds as though you spend time tucking and sweeping in front of children. I tuck and sweep, but only when it’s legal.

Damn dude…relax

A thread full of light hearted fun responses and you have to take a “pull my finger” “52 card pickup” goof and get all serious with a dumbass response like that?

Maybe you should have posted you were born with the lack of a sense of humor?
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 7:25:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Tetrology of fallot.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 9:14:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Me too. I have baseball mitts for hands, too.  In fact my wrist aren't small, exactly, just tiny in comparison.

What's worse is aphantasia.  I thought visualization, "mind's eye and "mental images" was some kind of stupid metaphor well into middle age.  I can't imagine how having that ability would have completely changed my life.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Womanly wrists.

Me too. I have baseball mitts for hands, too.  In fact my wrist aren't small, exactly, just tiny in comparison.

What's worse is aphantasia.  I thought visualization, "mind's eye and "mental images" was some kind of stupid metaphor well into middle age.  I can't imagine how having that ability would have completely changed my life.  

I arrested (years apart) two Mexican bricklayers who I could not cuff.  Forearm to thumb there was no taper.  Would have had to use leg irons instead of cuffs, but no use...they'd slide right off.

Monstrous wrists.  I told both "I can't cuff you, but I can dang sure shoot you if you act the fool.  You gonna be good?"  They were.  Whew!
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 9:51:07 AM EDT
[#7]
My legs are all fubar.  

Had to wear braces on them as a toddler.  Basically, I have the same type of walk as Kathryn Heigl and Anna Kendrick.  

Throw in extremely skinny calves and ankles and fish belly white skin and you have why I'm VERY rarely ever in shorts outside of the house.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 10:03:19 AM EDT
[#8]
I have an extra vertebra in my spine, the doctor told me.

Link Posted: 1/20/2023 10:04:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Also our kids were born with extra pinkies.  As was my husband and his brother and their father and his father, etc.  

Oldest and youngest had it on both hands.  Middle just had it on one.  

First 2 had them removed at 3 and 5 months old.  Youngest didn't have hers removed until right before Kindergarten so we have lots of pics.  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 10:13:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Terrible vision.
View Quote

I had eyeglasses when I was 2-1/2 years old, so I hear you screaming. A while back I saw a little girl in the news who had glasses when she was 1 year old. The new 'winner'.

Link Posted: 1/20/2023 10:43:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Beta thalassemia trait.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 10:43:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I vibrate through walls.
View Quote

Radical Larry?!?!  That you?

ETA:  beat by days... that's what I get for posting before reading the entire thread.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 10:44:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I got that too. Ever get it fixed or has a doctor recommend it?
View Quote
I have Pectus excavatum as well. When I was 18ish I went through a whole series of tests and exams at the University hospital in Madison. The docs basically concluded it was unlikely to affect my physical health but surgery could be covered by insurance. The surgery to correct it was a pretty big deal too essentially breaking and or cutting all my ribs and repositioning them, leaving me bed ridden for many months. I only had short time left on my parents insurance and was at the end of puberty, so it was my choice to get the surgery or not. It was now or never. I chose to leave it. Many, many a body shot has been taken out of that hole lol
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 10:47:55 AM EDT
[#14]
I have a "different" frontal lobe in my brain because of wonderful free and glorious Soviet healthcare.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 10:49:04 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Also our kids were born with extra pinkies.  As was my husband and his brother and their father and his father, etc.  

First 2 had them removed at 3 and 5 months old.  Youngest didn't have hers removed until right before Kindergarten so we have lots of pics.  

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/182688/981307_10200333138669272_1319481175_o_10-2678857.JPG
View Quote
What a strange thing to pass down genetically. My brother has 3 nipples but none of us had it.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 10:51:54 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
An abnormally large penis.
View Quote

I see we have the same abnormality. Mines probably bigger though.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 10:59:28 AM EDT
[#17]
Extremely flat feet and pronated ankles. Fucking hurts after a lot of standing and walking.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 11:01:19 AM EDT
[#18]
I was somewhat "pigeon toed" and had to wear braces on my legs (like Forrest Gump) to straighten them out.  Yes, I did become a "runnin fool" after they were taken off.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 11:01:57 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
What a strange thing to pass down genetically. My brother has 3 nipples but none of us had it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/182688/981307_10200333138669272_1319481175_o_10-2678857.JPG

It's actually very common but you usually never know about it because typically they're removed at birth.  I think somewhere between 1 in 500 or 1 in 1000 births.  

And the genetic thing is the most common kind.  Otherwise there are environmental factors that can cause it or it's associated with some kind of syndrome with other issues as well.  

When I was pregnant with our oldest (we have all girls) we were kind of hoping maybe it was just on the male side (there hadn't been any girls born in generations so all we knew of were the boys having it) but, alas, it's a dominant thing.  I guess we'll have to wait and see when ours have their babies if girls pass it on as strongly as the boys do.  

When our first was born the midwife pointed it out and I said, "Oh no!"  I mean, I was laughing while I said it but I still feel horrible that it's forever documented on the birth video.  He just said, "See, we're so good we make them perfect AND with a little extra.  
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 11:06:37 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

It's actually very common but you usually never know about it because typically they're removed at birth.  I think somewhere between 1 in 500 or 1 in 1000 births.  

And the genetic thing is the most common kind.  Otherwise there are environmental factors that can cause it or it's associated with some kind of syndrome with other issues as well.  

When I was pregnant with our oldest (we have all girls) we were kind of hoping maybe it was just on the male side (there hadn't been any girls born in generations so all we knew of were the boys having it) but, alas, it's a dominant thing.  I guess we'll have to wait and see when ours have their babies if girls pass it on as strongly as the boys do.  

When our first was born the midwife pointed it out and I said, "Oh no!"  I mean, I was laughing while I said it but I still feel horrible that it's forever documented on the birth video.  He just said, "See, we're so good we make them perfect AND with a little extra.  
View Quote
I learn each day how little I know. When I was a young man I thought I knew it all too lol.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 11:09:54 AM EDT
[#21]
my feet look like incest
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 11:10:57 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
My legs are all fubar.  

Had to wear braces on them as a toddler.  Basically, I have the same type of walk as Kathryn Heigl and Anna Kendrick.  

Throw in extremely skinny calves and ankles and fish belly white skin and you have why I'm VERY rarely ever in shorts outside of the house.
View Quote

what type of walk are you speaking of?  I guess I never knew nor looked out for it.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 11:12:55 AM EDT
[#23]

A tumor that killed my pituitary gland.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 11:13:04 AM EDT
[#24]
I got something that maybe one or two other people here may have and not know it…

Brugada Syndrome
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 11:18:32 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Extremely flat feet and pronated ankles. Fucking hurts after a lot of standing and walking.
View Quote

My son has this. Docs say surgery is 50/50 at best to fix it. He spent a lot of time in casts to correct it but this failed.

I have a small extra nipple.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 11:18:41 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I learn each day how little I know. When I was a young man I thought I knew it all too lol.
View Quote

Don't we all.  Until the day I noticed the bump on the side of his hand and asked about it I had no clue about any of that either.  

At least the 3rd nipple thing was addressed on Friends so it's common knowledge now.  
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 11:34:18 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

what type of walk are you speaking of?  I guess I never knew nor looked out for it.
View Quote

Really?  I noticed it right off the bat and I've seen posts online about how weird they walk.  

Anna Kendrick on spot of Hilton Hotel #3

And here at 16:00.

Anna Kendrick & Chace Crawford Scenes in "What to Expect When You're Expecting"

The most obvious example for Katherine (butchered her name in my other post) is the pool scene from My Father The Hero but I can't post it as she's in a thong (and was also underage at the time).
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 1:07:22 PM EDT
[#28]
I have pectus excavatum and Poland's syndrome.  I'm missing the lower 2/3 of my left pec muscle and some other relatively minor skeletal issues.  Thankfully I don't have a deformed arm or webbed fingers which is also a possibility with Poland's syndrome.

This isn't me, but the left picture is pretty representative of what I look like (other than being 50 and fat as shit:
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 3:47:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I have pectus excavatum and Poland's syndrome.  I'm missing the lower 2/3 of my left pec muscle and some other relatively minor skeletal issues.  Thankfully I don't have a deformed arm or webbed fingers which is also a possibility with Poland's syndrome.

This isn't me, but the left picture is pretty representative of what I look like (other than being 50 and fat as shit:
https://www.drzoran.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/Untitled-Design-2019-04-09T152811.877.jpg
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/20/2023 3:51:25 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Birthmark

Poor eyesight (-4.5, -5)

View Quote

lol, that's not "poor" eyesight. Unsatisfactory. Maybe.

My defects:

T1D (genetic, I'm not a fatass)
Idiopathic Central Sleep Apnea
Idiopathic Hearing Loss (60% Left Ear, 70% Right Ear)
Truly poor eyesight. -17.25 Right, -17 Left.
Right right leg is 1/4" longer than the left.
Facial hair doesn't grow on the left side of my face. Which is awkward.
I also get cluster headaches. Which sucks.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 3:58:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Not really a body defect. I have a slight speech impediment that almost no one picks up on because I had therapy for it and I actively pay attention to my speech making sure it stay out. Mostly with “s” sounds.

If I have been drinking and am relaxed it comes out more and people probably mistake me for being more drunk than I am.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 3:59:26 PM EDT
[#32]
If you were to lay my ears (which stick out largely) against my head, where they touch my head, I grow no hair. Every person who has ever cut my hair asks me if I know. When my hair is long or short, it's not really noticeable. But when it's a normal length, it's pretty odd looking.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 4:00:15 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I got that too. Ever get it fixed or has a doctor recommend it?
View Quote

My sister has it also and got the surgery done. Hers was worse than mine and I haven’t had any problems so the doctors havnt mentioned it
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 4:01:00 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

Extras are not defects. It's like a bonus.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 4:01:19 PM EDT
[#35]
Extremely good looking. Have to wear a bag over my head when I go to the mall to keep the women off me.
You ordinary guys have no idea.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 7:34:37 PM EDT
[#36]
Nothing. I’m perfect.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 7:45:37 PM EDT
[#37]
some sort of foot issue.  Dr said let him run around bare foot and it would self correct-it was either that or cutting a tendon or removing the toe (I think it was something stupid like my little toe curling under).  I suppose it did, kind of (still curls under a little, but never causes any real problems).  I have foot problems, but that is mostly do to bone fragments from partially crushed toes now.

I have dealt with that for 20+ years now.  Funny, I have not noticed it for a fairly decent amount of time now.  Changed my diet a little, that helped with inflammation, plus I don't go for 20 mile walks much anymore.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 7:50:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Heart murmur and joint hypermobility -  double-jointed and my knees spontaneously dislocate. The rest of the joints click and pop a lot. Fun.

Something actually fun that I got though is synesthesia, the color/grapheme version where letters have colors inside my head (though not on paper or screen).   I've had it as long as I can remember,  I first noticed it in about first grade. My nephew has it too.

Apparently it is some sort of extra brain connection or cross-linkage. Some people taste shapes or smell colors.
I'm happier than hell I only have the visual kind. It really helps with spelling since I can usually tell when the colors in a word are wrong LOL.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 7:50:32 PM EDT
[#39]
Shitty eyesight
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 7:51:46 PM EDT
[#40]
3rd nipple

For real
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 7:55:22 PM EDT
[#41]
Half a brain.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 7:55:46 PM EDT
[#42]
I have extra bones in the ligaments behind my knees. Does not affect me at all and only found out when I was getting x-rays for a different issue with my knees a few years ago.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 8:03:26 PM EDT
[#43]
Juvenile degenerative vertebrae stuff.

Heavy penis

Genius IQ
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 8:05:28 PM EDT
[#44]
Abdominal Aortic Anyurism.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 8:23:32 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Half a brain.
View Quote

That puts you ahead of 87% of GD.
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 4:57:29 AM EDT
[#46]
Simian crease in both both hands.
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 5:08:20 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Not really a body defect. I have a slight speech impediment that almost no one picks up on because I had therapy for it and I actively pay attention to my speech making sure it stay out. Mostly with "s" sounds.

If I have been drinking and am relaxed it comes out more and people probably mistake me for being more drunk than I am.
View Quote
My entire family has the occasional "s" word issue. It's a bit of a stutter at times. Really weird.
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 5:31:29 AM EDT
[#48]
Heart block caused by a heart valve with 2 of the 3 flaps fused together, leaving only the one flap functional.
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 5:45:54 AM EDT
[#49]
I have very flat feet and standing for long periods makes them go numb after lots of pain.

One leg is longer than the other so my mid section is twisted and I can’t sit straight, I lean to the right side.

Link Posted: 1/21/2023 6:48:05 AM EDT
[#50]
I was good looking for like the first week…
It all went to hell from there ??
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top