Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 12:45:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Holy City Brewing outside Charleston has a good pilsner that I often have on tap at home for just a nice, basic beer. Lots of other offerings in the area, but as a go to, coming in from doing yard work, that's usually where I go.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 12:45:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 12:48:44 PM EDT
[#3]
In North Carolina, Red Oak Breweries. The owner is a conservative who regularly posts anti-statist comments on his electronic billboard next to I-40/85 and has donated a keg or two to 2nd Amendment activities hosted at his lager haus. They've grown enough that you can generally find them on tap across the state.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 12:50:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Bells is probably the most famous in Michigan.  But I'm not an IPA-swilling soyboy, so I don't drink their stuff.

Founders has much better stuff - darks and reds.
View Quote

Founders KBS is superb.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 12:51:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Karben4 and Raised Grain are top tier imo.

Fuck new Glarus commie pinko faggots
View Quote

Theres probably too many to name. Just in my AO there’s also Capital, Wisconsin Brewing, and the mother of all contract brewers - Octopi.

I know they are diehard commies but New Glarus Spotted Cow really is what everyone wants.  Where else do you find people standing in line for a cream ale?
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 12:51:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 12:52:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

If you're going to just drink beer, head to The Nook.  Best beer garden around.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Huntsville beers/breweries are God awful.  The only thing that Yellowhammer and/or Straight to Ale have going for them is the ambiance and outdoor seating of their respective locations.

I like the food at Straight to Ale but if I am going to drink beer I am going to Yellowhammer. The Rebellion is very good. I still prefer Truck Stop Honey though. Although the can/bottle artwork is phenominal, I don't really like Straight to Ale's beers.

The way Stone Middle School was repurposed into Campus 805 is very awesome.

If you're going to just drink beer, head to The Nook.  Best beer garden around.

Lol, fuck that place and the pretentious people who go there.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 12:53:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Love me some Yellow Rose from The Lone Pint Brewery (it's about a 15 minute drive from my house).

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 12:57:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Yep and I would add  Terrapin Beer Co to that list.
View Quote

Molson Coors owns Terrapin, Aphria owns Sweetwater and A/B owns Wicked Weed.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 1:03:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Devils backbone   Wintergreen Va

Link Posted: 5/24/2023 1:03:30 PM EDT
[#11]
There's a local brewery with a Stout that's 13% ABV.  Very tasty.  
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 1:04:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 1:07:23 PM EDT
[#13]

I've been to their Lexington location.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 1:07:35 PM EDT
[#14]
View Quote

Not to be a negative nanny but A/B owned. If one is boycotting (and I assume that’s what this thread was started for,) know what you’re boycotting. If not, enjoy but at least you know what you’re supporting. A/B and Coors bought out a lot of micros in the past 10 yrs.

https://www.c-ville.com/brewery-buyout-big-beer-company-acquires-devils-backbone/
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 1:08:44 PM EDT
[#15]
dunno.

there's dozens.

Most is good some sucks all better then BUD LIGHT.

I drink Irish whiskey mostly

Link Posted: 5/24/2023 1:09:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Kros Strain and their Fairy Nectar IPA

Link Posted: 5/24/2023 1:09:15 PM EDT
[#17]
View Quote

@ATLDiver

My brother and his friends enjoy Six Bridges near Olde Blind Dog

https://www.sixbridgesbrewing.com/
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 1:09:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Not to be a negative nanny but A/B owned. If one is boycotting (and I assume that’s what this thread was started for,) know what you’re boycotting. If not, enjoy but at least you know what you’re supporting. A/B and Coors bought out a lot of micros in the past 10 yrs.

https://www.c-ville.com/brewery-buyout-big-beer-company-acquires-devils-backbone/
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Fortunately Starr Hill hasn't been bought out yet...
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 1:11:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

@ATLDiver

My brother and his friends enjoy Six Bridges near Olde Blind Dog

https://www.sixbridgesbrewing.com/
View Quote

That’s a good one as well I just don’t know anyone within their company. They have a couple really solid beers.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 1:15:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Fortunately Starr Hill hasn't been bought out yet...
View Quote

Yeah a number of them are still very independent and are flourishing. Owning a micro isn’t easy and having to compete with the A/B’s and Molson/Coors of the world makes it almost impossible.

Personally I was really sad about Wicked Weed as it was one of my favorites until they were bought out. I don’t blame the micro owners, after clawing your way to be somewhat profitable in swoops A/B with more money than you’ve ever dreamed about. Take your fuck you money and retire is mighty tempting.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 1:16:27 PM EDT
[#21]
I swear to god InBev did the bud light tranny commercial just to drive traffic to its hundreds of "micro brew" products.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 1:18:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Saloon Door -local as in down the street

Altstad-good kolsch, brewery out of Fredericksburg

Saint arnolds-oldest independent brewery for Houston

View Quote

Some of Saloon Door's stuff is tasty AF...

Recommend Fass in Conroe for German-style beers over Altstadt.  Saint Arnold's is nice.  Great place to visit.  Very consistent and available, but you can usually do better elsewhere.

Excalibur's various stouts are worth your time.  Get some BBQ at Corkscrew while you're at it (they're maybe two blocks from each other.)

Megaton near Porter is tasty too.  Yes, it's named in part after FO3, judging by all the Fallout paraphernalia everywhere.  Beer was decent.  Need to try more of them.

Of those, you're maybe going to find Saint Arnold's in a store.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 1:19:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Wagner Brewing has some great beers.

Plus the only place that brews Triple Bock that I know of.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 1:21:45 PM EDT
[#24]

That looks like something I'd like to try.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 1:21:47 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Bayern. They produce German style lagers and have a German brewer.
View Quote

I need to find the pictures I took inside a brewery in Missoula.  It was three chalkboards, filled with brewery names, all within the State o Montana, something like a 100 or so in all.  

This is a State with 1.1 million people...  I guess the winters are long.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 1:22:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Chicago?

Goose Island.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 1:22:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Parish and Abita
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 1:23:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Tell us about your local brews.

Here is my favorite. There is a pizza company, broken tooth, moose’s tooth and some other mountain tooth.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/274924/7E453CEF-FD82-40DD-BC71-C617CB943500_jpe-2827375.JPG
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/24/2023 1:25:11 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
All the states I have lived in

In SD? Lost Cabin in Rapid
In ND? Drekker in Fargo
In MN? Schells in New Ulm
View Quote

Drekker if you’re looking for goofy ipa’s or sours.

Half brothers in gf makes the best ale’s and normal beer.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 1:28:12 PM EDT
[#30]
I've never had a bad brew from McMenamins. Only available in their establishments on tap.
I stick with the basic styles, though. Lagers, porters, Pilsners, plain ales (no fruit based) and stouts.
Hammerhead and Terminator are a couple favs.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 1:30:00 PM EDT
[#31]
My wife and have never drank ..but we goto our local place to watch the drunks fight in the parking lot when their RR hits a Lambo

https://tequestabrewing.com/
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 1:30:45 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Parish and Abita
View Quote

Parish is excellent.  Long drive from Houston, but worth it.  Plus all of the Acadiana food in the area.

Ghost in the Machine gets all the raves, but I honestly like Canebreak more sometimes.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 1:31:47 PM EDT
[#33]
I doubt they could be considered anything close to a microbrewery these days, but I love me some of Country Boy Brewing's offerings
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 1:42:43 PM EDT
[#34]

Both are very good.  I'll also add Troegs.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 2:03:16 PM EDT
[#35]

Yes I toured their place .Their Pecan is the best of their brews Another MS one I like is Chandeleur Island Brewing Company in Gulfport.
In a couple of weeks I will be trying the Flying Llama in Biloxi.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 2:05:56 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Parish is excellent.  Long drive from Houston, but worth it.  Plus all of the Acadiana food in the area.

Ghost in the Machine gets all the raves, but I honestly like Canebreak more sometimes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Parish and Abita

I’m not a big fan of Ghost unless it’s on tap. Canebreak and Parish Pilsner are really good
I tried this one this weekend and it was very good after mowing the lawn
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 2:07:06 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Solid choice.

My go to is Suzy B from Southern Prohibition in Hattiesburg. I haven't had a single Southern Prohibition beer I didn't like.
View Quote

I know where I am going to visit next time I pass by Hattiesburg. I am usually pulling trailor with a cannon on it.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 2:09:22 PM EDT
[#38]
Tio Oso by Uncle Bear's
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 2:20:44 PM EDT
[#39]
Red oak
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 2:22:50 PM EDT
[#40]
They make this a few miles from here, and it's phenomenal.

Castle Danger Brewery

Link Posted: 5/24/2023 2:26:12 PM EDT
[#41]
Go to beers for me:

Barley Brown Pallet Jack IPA - from Baker City, OR.  Nice, all-around OR style IPA, competitive with anything coming out of Bend (which is a micro brew mecca of the world). I've been to brewpubs around Bend and heard people ordering nothing but Pallet Jack.

Fort George Vortex IPA - from Astoria, OR.  Damn good IPA.  Harder to find on tap, but usually available in 16 oz cans at grocery stores.

Boneyard Hop Venom Double IPA - from Bend, OR. 9% ABV, so it will kick your ass extra hard, but also some of the top IPA in the world.

And a shout out to my local beer garden/brewer: Wild Ride Brewing in Prineville, OR (with additional tasting room/brewing facility in Redmond 18 miles away) - They have a number of great beers.  I've been buying their Juicy Gorilla Snax by the case.

Link Posted: 5/24/2023 2:26:15 PM EDT
[#42]
Destil  

It's north of 12% so just one of an evening after dinner
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 2:29:12 PM EDT
[#43]
My two favorite in the DFW area are Deep Ellum and Lakewood.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 2:32:00 PM EDT
[#44]
Edmund’s Oast ‘Something Extra Cold’ or Westbrook’s ‘Mexican Cake’
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 2:32:25 PM EDT
[#45]
I can't keep track, every small town has a couple and the greater Seattle area is beyond inundated. Even the distilleries are all over.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 2:32:59 PM EDT
[#46]
Lone Rider Brewing.  Back when i was married and drank alot, i use to go to their bar at the brewery quite a bit..
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 2:33:37 PM EDT
[#47]
Troegs
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 2:34:33 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Bells is probably the most famous in Michigan.  But I'm not an IPA-swilling soyboy, so I don't drink their stuff.

Founders has much better stuff - darks and reds.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/24/2023 2:35:46 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Chicago?

Goose Island.
View Quote

lol

Begyle or Dovetail
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 2:35:50 PM EDT
[#50]
In MN, it’s Surly and then Summit.

My locals are Foxhole and Goat Ridge.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top