Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 7/18/2021 6:53:22 PM EDT
this just popped up on my YT, it's a couplea year old but I've heard some talk in this last year about the Earth's poles flipping so I fo'ed... this is a really neat video explaining the forces involved... I didn't really know any of this stuff, I've heard of the Van Allen Belts of course but never understood really what they were... also talks about the forces in the Earth's core that are a part of this(super fascinating)... and talks about how these forces affect satellites and electronics in space and what we're doing about it..

What's Wrong with Earth's Magnetic Field?

anyhow, about 15 minutes if you're interested..
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 6:54:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 6:56:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Guam tipping over is a factor?
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 6:58:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Magma is LIQUID, it is also a huge source of melted iron,LIQUIDmoves!

Any Questions?
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 6:58:04 PM EDT
[#4]
ICP foresaw this.
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 7:00:58 PM EDT
[#5]
A secret military program to weaponize earthquakes has had the unfortunate side affect of stopping the Earth's core from spinning. The resulting collapse of Earth's magnetic field will result in the end of the world unless Hillary Swank and Aaron Eckhart can take a special ship made unobtanium to the center of the Earth to jump start the core with nuclear weapons.
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 7:01:26 PM EDT
[#6]
It's going to swap,   Some oceans will rise 12 feet.  " I made that number up"  the poles have shifted before they will again.  When? I read it is accelerating.   Next year? 1000 years ? Supposedly sooner than later couple lifetimes I hope.
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 7:04:11 PM EDT
[#7]
I think that I saw a documentary about that - they assembled a group of scientists and explorers to crew a specially constructed ship to navigate down to the Earth’s core and place some explosives or similar to fix things - they may have also used a special “matter shrinker” ray to miniaturize the ship and the crew to simplify the journey.

(I really enjoy watching those true science documentaries.)

Link Posted: 7/18/2021 7:04:17 PM EDT
[#8]
I thought powerful earthquakes can knock the earth of its axis like the 8.8 one in Chile did.
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 7:05:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's going to swap,   Some oceans will rise 12 feet.  " I made that number up"  the poles have shifted before they will again.  When? I read it is accelerating.   Next year? 1000 years ? Supposedly sooner than later couple lifetimes I hope.
View Quote

Either way, we need to raise taxes to combat global man made magnetic field change.
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 7:08:10 PM EDT
[#10]
The earth magnet poles shift every so often.  They even flip polarity sometimes.
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 7:08:18 PM EDT
[#11]
It will be the end of human civilization as we know it. Compasses will point south, we will all be directionally challenged.
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 7:11:58 PM EDT
[#12]
We know the magnetic poles have moved a lot over geologic history.  We don't know how fast the big changes occur.  It sometimes looks rapid in the geologic record, but that could mean it takes place over hundreds, or thousands, of years.  Others have suggested it occurs much faster than that.  Nobody knows for sure.

The magnetic poles also move constantly - sometimes a little, sometimes a lot.  But always changing.  Like the climate.

If a fast, big change occurs it's going to raise hell with some guidance systems, and the magnetic declination shown on many maps (USGS topo maps, for example) will no longer be accurate.
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 7:14:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Any Questions?
View Quote
Did any ever teach Shotgun Joe the proper way to use toilet paper
(yeah, I've been saving it)
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 7:15:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

yeah, he says they've shifted many times in the past... something like every 750k years... and it's been about 750k years now ... video says it takes a lot of time for the shift..

it's actually not a doom video, there is in fact no doom... just mentions that it can fuck with electronics in satellites being bombarded with radiated particles when passing through certain areas of Earth orbit, and these areas can become unpredictable with this kind of change...

that and trannies... lottsa trannies..
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 7:18:05 PM EDT
[#15]
The earth is like most women: Bipolar
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 7:18:09 PM EDT
[#16]
The magnetic poles have been moving since the 1600's, but picked up speed after the Carrington event in 1859. During this time the magnetosphere has weakened an estimated 15-20 percent, which is the Earth's protection against space weather. Solar cycle 25 has started off much more active than expected. Last week on the 15th a major solar flare was produced on the back side of the Sun. It likely could have been a kill shot if it was directed our way. We are not exactly sure what will happen with the magnetic reversal since man has likely not been in Earth during one.

Link Posted: 7/18/2021 7:18:54 PM EDT
[#17]
next thing you tell me is the caldera under Yellowstone is moving...
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 7:18:54 PM EDT
[#18]
When the field collapses immediately before the flip, we will lose most satellites and all civilian satellites immediately.   The electric grid will collapse and being outside would be foolish.  Most people on Earth will die.  

The universe is a dangerous place and humans are an arrogant species.

Link Posted: 7/18/2021 7:19:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Maybe it's bi-polar?
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 7:21:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
We know the magnetic poles have moved a lot over geologic history.  We don't know how fast the big changes occur.  It sometimes looks rapid in the geologic record, but that could mean it takes place over hundreds, or thousands, of years.  Others have suggested it occurs much faster than that.  Nobody knows for sure.

The magnetic poles also move constantly - sometimes a little, sometimes a lot.  But always changing.  Like the climate.

If a fast, big change occurs it's going to raise hell with some guidance systems, and the magnetic declination shown on many maps (USGS topo maps, for example) will no longer be accurate.
View Quote

the craziest thing in the video states that there are "storms" inside the Earth, within the liquid outer core that exert unpredictable forces on the Earth and this situation.. nuts
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 7:21:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's probably not moving, but the crust is drifting over the hot spot.  Similar to the Hawaiian Islands.
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 7:26:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
The magnetic poles have been moving since the 1600's, but picked up speed after the Carrington event in 1859. During this time the magnetosphere has weakened an estimated 15-20 percent, which is the Earth's protection against space weather. Solar cycle 25 has started off much more active than expected. Last week on the 15th a major solar flare was produced on the back side of the Sun. It likely could have been a kill shot if it was directed our way. We are not exactly sure what will happen with the magnetic reversal since man has likely not been in Earth during one.

View Quote

Please don't talk about solar flares.  I have enough to worry about.
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 7:28:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote
It's already started moving pretty fast in recent years.   Some USGS topo maps magnetic declination values are already going out of date.   If anyone is doing anything important, they should confirm the latest values for their region.
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 7:29:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Maybe that will be the time when man hides in caves and begs the rocks to fall on top of them.... supposedly when the magnetic fields weakens to a zero state during the polar swap, there wont be any protection from the solar winds from the sun, gonna be like the the heat is set to super blast.
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 7:38:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Any Questions?
View Quote

Can you define the universe give two examples?
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 8:19:08 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
It's already started moving pretty fast in recent years.   Some USGS topo maps magnetic declination values are already going out of date.   If anyone is doing anything important, they should confirm the latest values for their region.
View Quote

A few years ago I saw a web site that showed the migration on a map over time.  It looked sorta random to me, zigging and zagging.  Just a guess, but most magnetic guidance system software probably has regular updates.
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 8:23:47 PM EDT
[#27]
On the last ship I was on we had a guy come calibrate our navigational system, I spoke with him for about 20 minutes, I was bored and he had interesting info. He said that magnetic north shifting is throwing off certain systems in ships and planes. Claims its happening at a faster rate than before.
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 8:24:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

This man knows what's up.

We are a tiny blip in time. Not even a spec of sand in relation.

Link Posted: 7/18/2021 8:26:42 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Did any ever teach Shotgun Joe the proper way to use toilet paper
(yeah, I've been saving it)
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/18/2021 8:28:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah.  Which is why a lot of us can't get our panties too twisted up over a 1-degree change in temp over the next 75-100 years.
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 8:29:19 PM EDT
[#31]
In between full magnetic reversals there are magnetic excursions. These are relatively quick magnetic reversals that last a few hundred to a few thousand years, then flip back The Earth's magnetic field has been weakening for the past 150+ years. It's at the point that even minor CMEs are having a significant effect on the magnetic field. The last time any .gov agency released data on the strength of the field was in 2015. Wonder why...
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 8:33:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

the craziest thing in the video states that there are "storms" inside the Earth, within the liquid outer core that exert unpredictable forces on the Earth and this situation.. nuts
View Quote

If you think that's weird, check out LLSVPs. The idea of concentric layers most of us learn in school is completely wrong.

https://ui.adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2014AGUFMDI33B..01G/abstract
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 8:34:40 PM EDT
[#33]
It's racist.
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 8:36:38 PM EDT
[#34]
BULLSHIT!!! The Earth is flat.
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 8:38:29 PM EDT
[#35]
this short read, declassified by the CIA explains it

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

The adam and eve story
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 8:43:50 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
ICP foresaw this.
View Quote

So did Nostradamus, supposed to happen this decade.
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 8:44:06 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Any Questions?
View Quote

So everything's magnetic charge holds it on the planet?
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 8:48:20 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

It's probably not moving, but the crust is drifting over the hot spot.  Similar to the Hawaiian Islands.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup there is a info graphic in Yellowstone Park explaining this.
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 8:53:38 PM EDT
[#39]
There's no such thing as gravity. There's no metal in my body for the earth's magnetism to hold me down. It's just that the earth sucks.
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 8:53:46 PM EDT
[#40]
That Davidson guy from space weather news looks less nuts all the time...that sucks.
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 8:55:52 PM EDT
[#41]
I hope it flips and the stupid Canadian geese fly north instead of south for the winter and freeze to death.
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 8:56:34 PM EDT
[#42]
Doesn't matter when. The pandemic is going to wipe out all humans if 102% of them don't get vaccinated in two weeks. Duh.
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 8:56:43 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
It will be the end of human civilization as we know it. Compasses will point south, we will all be directionally challenged.
View Quote

Starlink is actually a secret project to stabilize the earth's magnetosphere.
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 8:56:46 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

All we are is dust in the wind. Like sands through the hourglass, so are the days of our lives.
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 8:57:25 PM EDT
[#45]
It's all declination nowadays...

Link Posted: 7/18/2021 8:58:18 PM EDT
[#46]
Important question:

Is Michigan going to become Arctic or Tropical?

Gotta plan ahead, you know.

Link Posted: 7/18/2021 9:00:43 PM EDT
[#47]
Joe Biden is already on top of this with a funding plan of only $340 trillion dollars.

This plan spearheaded by Jen Saki will solve the problem and keep the world safe until the next pandemic.

This plan has been approved by China and of course Hunter who is bipolar.
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 9:06:16 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 9:08:17 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
That Davidson guy from space weather news looks less nuts all the time...that sucks.
View Quote
I've been listening to him since he started and he's rarely been wrong. His "Disaster Prediction app" is well worth the few dollars it cost
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 9:09:25 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

If it means we'll all be as directionally challenged as my wife, we're fucked!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top