User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 9/19/2023 1:45:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/19/2023 5:11:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Be VERY careful buying someone else's "tuner" Mustang (ask me how I know). Mine was, at barely 3 years old, a (at the time) great deal at $22k out the door, back in '17.

I've got another ~$5k into it, unfucking most of the "improvements" the previous owner did to it (I wish I could smack this dude - the exhaust and the tune on it are the only things I liked enough to keep). So...not such a great deal.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
OP. The 4.6 aren't "bad" engines it's just that the coyote offers so much more power. Plus the aftermarket is much bigger for the coyote.
I had a 2007 that I bought with 150K on it and run/raced the hell out of it till 180K. My son run/raced the hell out of it till 200k plus. It had a lot of aftermarket parts like cams, headers, intake, stall conv, TB etc. Had to put a transmission in it was the only major repair.

I had a 2011 with a Whipple and other mods and now have a 2012 that is still NA but a lot of bolt on parts. The coyote has 120hp more stock. So it really depends on what you want to do with it, and how much you want to pay.

@russtang

Here's the list of mods on this 2010 4.6L:

KOOKS Long Tube Headers
Hiflow Cats
Pypes Violator Mufflers
JLT Intake and Oil Seperators
Ford Performance Handling Package
Camber Caster Plates
PowerStop Drilled/Slotted Rotors and Pads
Ford Performance Aluminum Drive Shaft
Hurst Short Throw Shifter
New Heavy Duty Clutch
Accel Coil Packs
Hand Held Tuner

Yay, nay?
Be VERY careful buying someone else's "tuner" Mustang (ask me how I know). Mine was, at barely 3 years old, a (at the time) great deal at $22k out the door, back in '17.

I've got another ~$5k into it, unfucking most of the "improvements" the previous owner did to it (I wish I could smack this dude - the exhaust and the tune on it are the only things I liked enough to keep). So...not such a great deal.

Well, it looks like I'm going to pass on this one.

Link Posted: 9/24/2023 11:16:36 AM EDT
[#3]
OK, so per the other thread, I found an exact match for my grail Mustang.

2013 Mustang GT
Grabber blue
Black interior
Manual transmission
Extremely low miles (12,900)
Leather seats
No sunroof
No touchscreen

However, I don't know what to think of the rear end gear ratio, which is 3.31. Anyone have an opinion on that ratio? I was hoping for something like 3.55 or 3.73, but I don't really know if it matters a whole lot.

I found it on Carmax.

@ACDer

@russtang

Not sure if the link will work: https://www.carmax.com/car/24629604

Link Posted: 9/24/2023 2:09:11 PM EDT
[#4]
@uglygun

@Subnet
Link Posted: 9/25/2023 1:57:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Seems like a decent car.

If it was a track pack it would have the upgraded brakes with a 3.73 rear torsen.

There was an option just for a brake upgrade as well I believe without the track pack rear gear.

3.31 would not be a huge issue for me.   Easy enough to have an 8.8 swapped to whatever gearing you want.

Pricing will be the sticking point.  I would want to be under 28k, better yet around 25k given that is a car on a dealer lot.   Trying to find a private sale comparable car would take fuckin forever and be a miracle.

But shit is wonky as hell with pricing all over the place.

/edit

Says price is unavailable and is shipping to Hartford CT.   Guessing a certain somebody has a car enroute to them for inspection/purchase.   If it checks out then congrats.
Link Posted: 9/25/2023 7:38:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Yeah, I'm biting the bullet on shipping and am going to check it out. The thing is practically a brand-new 2013 S-197, almost as if somebody bought it in '13 and had it sealed up in a garage the entire time. It only has 12k miles on it.

If it doesn't "speak" to me, then I'll eat the shipping cost and walk away. The only two colors I'll consider are Grabber Blue and White.
Link Posted: 9/25/2023 10:06:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

There is a possibility that I could seriously consider the 305hp V-6 S-197s, but I'd really want some decent braking and a good sounding exhaust.
View Quote

My son has a 2014 mustang with the 3.7L. It started with a simple muffler swap to a set of Roush racing mufflers.

He then decided it needed more as a typical car guy, more is better...

He then went all in, went to a single turbo and intercooler system.
Motor is all factor stock except for bolt on mods.
There is a video of it being tuned on YouTube somewhere. But the tuner said in the video they stopped due to a not so great quality of the E85.

They stopped at 617hp at the wheels.
Since then he started testing the E85 and did more tuning. If I recall correctly they got to just shy of 640hp at the wheels.

Stock rotating assembly,  stock trans with a 3800 stall converter.

The 3" crossover tube on the exhaust got annoying. Speed bumps were a problem and became annoying. So he removed the turbo system and is now in the process of going  supercharged.

Depending on how adventurous you want to be... you can swap a set of 3.5L ecoboost turbos on as well. There's plenty of info out there.

As for stopping.. not sure what year, but he did swap over to a set of GT500 calipers and rotors. It was a bolt on conversion all ford parts.

I will say car is impressive as all hell. However it does not have the classic V8 sound.
Car with the turbo was the ultimate underdog on the street.
Link Posted: 9/25/2023 10:11:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

$18,000

Yes, the sound matters to me.
View Quote

yikes
Link Posted: 9/28/2023 6:54:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Update:

1. I will be checking out the '13 GT in Grabber Blue that is being shipped here by Carmax.

2. I found another Grabber Blue '13 GT that is a Roush Mustang with the exact same mileage (12k). I have no experience with Roush Mustangs and their blowers. Anyone care to elaborate on them?

3. There is also another '13 GT in TN that's in great shape with only 19k miles. Here's the weird part: it has a Boss 302 engine under the hood, but has no Boss markings anywhere on the exterior or interior. [alien guy] Is such a thing even possible? [/alien guy]
Link Posted: 9/28/2023 7:19:30 PM EDT
[#10]
4.6 can take a blower like a champ, the Edelbrock kit will have that car running like a raped ape.
Link Posted: 9/28/2023 11:01:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Update:

1. I will be checking out the '13 GT in Grabber Blue that is being shipped here by Carmax.

2. I found another Grabber Blue '13 GT that is a Roush Mustang with the exact same mileage (12k). I have no experience with Roush Mustangs and their blowers. Anyone care to elaborate on them?

3. There is also another '13 GT in TN that's in great shape with only 19k miles. Here's the weird part: it has a Boss 302 engine under the hood, but has no Boss markings anywhere on the exterior or interior. [alien guy] Is such a thing even possible? [/alien guy]
View Quote

the roush car would be fun. likely on the conservative side (not a bad thing) as long as someone hasn't messed with it since it left roush. i would verify it is a true roush car before buying though.

wouldn't touch #3 at all. 10 year old car that someone did an engine swap in? way too much risk for my comfort level.
Link Posted: 9/28/2023 11:04:49 PM EDT
[#12]
I had a 2009. Bought it new and drove it 10 years.

Excellent car, bullet proof engine and 5 speed. Had almost no issues at with the car in 10 years.

I left it the hell alone though, I agree don't buy "modified" one.

Link Posted: 9/28/2023 11:37:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

the roush car would be fun. likely on the conservative side (not a bad thing) as long as someone hasn't messed with it since it left roush. i would verify it is a true roush car before buying though.

wouldn't touch #3 at all. 10 year old car that someone did an engine swap in? way too much risk for my comfort level.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Update:

Could be someone just put a Boss 302 intake on the original motor.   I have a 14 GT with just over 18k on the clock and looked into it.   Not worth the trouble.  
Link Posted: 9/28/2023 11:38:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/29/2023 12:03:43 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Could be someone just put a Boss 302 intake on the original motor.   I have a 14 GT with just over 18k on the clock and looked into it.   Not worth the trouble.  
View Quote

didn't think of that but certianly possible. either way i wouldn't want it. especially if there's an original low mile car available. mod it yourself and save a lot of heartache

Quoted:
This. Learn from me. The previous owner done fucked it up, I assure you.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/29/2023 12:09:47 AM EDT
[#16]
Judging by all the posts here, I've decided to keep looking at stock GTs with low miles, including the Grabber Blue one from Carmax. I don't like the wheels, the louvers on the small back windows, or the side scoops, but I can always put different wheels with slightly wider tires on them and I'm guessing I can take the louvers off the side windows and the remove the side scoops.

I hope.
Link Posted: 9/29/2023 12:31:13 AM EDT
[#17]
It’s not the same 4.6 that was is the 99-04 and crown Vics… it’s dog shit
Link Posted: 9/29/2023 11:40:26 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
It’s not the same 4.6 that was is the 99-04 and crown Vics… it’s dog shit
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/29/2023 11:41:40 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Judging by all the posts here, I've decided to keep looking at stock GTs with low miles, including the Grabber Blue one from Carmax. I don't like the wheels, the louvers on the small back windows, or the side scoops, but I can always put different wheels with slightly wider tires on them and I'm guessing I can take the louvers off the side windows and the remove the side scoops.

I hope.
View Quote

All that crap will come off. Might take some elbow grease to remove adhesive or whatever they used to install. Tons of wheel options both oem and aftermarket so no worries there.
Link Posted: 10/5/2023 3:18:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Just got back from test driving the Grabber blue '13 at Carmax. The only misgiving I have about it is the rear end gearing, which is 3:31. This thing is really long-legged. How much of a project would it be to go to something like 3:55 or 3:73?

BTW, I cannot believe how fast this thing is.
Link Posted: 10/7/2023 3:52:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Update: put a deposit on a 2014 Grabber blue Mustang GT with the Track Package. Better brakes, tires, rear end ratio, and exhaust than the standard GT...and it didn't have Recaro seats, which was a plus in my opinion.

Pics whenever the deal is completed.
Link Posted: 10/7/2023 5:06:48 PM EDT
[#22]
I sold mine a year ago. Loved the car, wish I still had it.
Link Posted: 10/7/2023 5:17:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Congrats!  Gotta agree about the Recaros.  Now I’m a big guy and those were not made for my fat ass.  But I got in one years ago at Mustang Week to get a feel for shifters they were selling.  I about had to have them call fire and rescue to extract my fat ass over those seat bolsters!  

I had a set of Recaros out of a ‘79 Pace Car in my old VW bug and those felt great.  Then again, I was 33 years younger.
Link Posted: 10/7/2023 6:00:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Listen to this. I've been looking online nearly every day for two months, trying to figure out exactly what type of Mustang I really wanted and with which features. Eventually came to the conclusion that it was the '13s and '14s that I liked best. Then narrowed down the colors to Grabber blue and white. Of course, it had to be a manual transmission and it had to be fun to drive, which means "geared lower" and with a great sounding exhaust. And I didn't want a touchscreen. Nope. Suck it, microsoft. No touchscreens for me.

Last night after work I got online again and searched for cars that fit my criteria. Lo and behold, there was a Grabber blue '14 in CT that wasn't anywhere online the day before. Manual transmission, Track Package but no Recaro seats. However, it had a touchscreen. Dagnabit. I call the Ford dealer where it's at and the salesman says, "Boy, you didn't waste any time, did you? We just put that up for sale today." I ask him when the open on Saturdays, and said I'd see him then.  

So I pull in to the lot and there it is, in all its glory. After all the usual chit chat, I tell him I like the car, but I can not and will not buy it with that touchscreen (it was aftermarket, too). He then tells me that they still have the original radio, CD, and HVAC controls in the back room and he can probably arrange to have those put back in.

Then I handed him a deposit.

If I hadn't paid to have the Carmax '13 GT shipped to CT to test out, I never would have known that a standard GT wasn't for me. I needed the Track Pack for the rear end and the exhaust. That 3:31 rear in the standard GT absolutely blows. The 3:73 is much, much better and more fun to drive...and that exhaust note.

Here are a couple pics I took. The first is when I drove onto the lot, the second is after they brought it inside so I could look through it out of the rain.

Link Posted: 10/7/2023 6:35:23 PM EDT
[#25]
Updated title.
Link Posted: 10/7/2023 11:08:11 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Listen to this. I've been looking online nearly every day for two months, trying to figure out exactly what type of Mustang I really wanted and with which features. Eventually came to the conclusion that it was the '13s and '14s that I liked best. Then narrowed down the colors to Grabber blue and white. Of course, it had to be a manual transmission and it had to be fun to drive, which means "geared lower" and with a great sounding exhaust. And I didn't want a touchscreen. Nope. Suck it, microsoft. No touchscreens for me.

Last night after work I got online again and searched for cars that fit my criteria. Lo and behold, there was a Grabber blue '14 in CT that wasn't anywhere online the day before. Manual transmission, Track Package but no Recaro seats. However, it had a touchscreen. Dagnabit. I call the Ford dealer where it's at and the salesman says, "Boy, you didn't waste any time, did you? We just put that up for sale today." I ask him when the open on Saturdays, and said I'd see him then.  

So I pull in to the lot and there it is, in all its glory. After all the usual chit chat, I tell him I like the car, but I can not and will not buy it with that touchscreen (it was aftermarket, too). He then tells me that they still have the original radio, CD, and HVAC controls in the back room and he can probably arrange to have those put back in.

If I hadn't paid to have the Carmax '13 GT shipped to CT to test out, I never would have known that a standard GT wasn't for me. I needed the Track Pack for the rear end and the exhaust. That 3:31 rear in the standard GT absolutely blows. The 3:73 is much, much better and more fun to drive...and that exhaust note.

Here are a couple pics I took. The first is when I drove onto the lot, the second is after they brought it inside so I could look through it out of the rain.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/3241/IMG_0436_JPEG-2982834.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/3241/IMG_0437_JPEG-2982835.jpg
View Quote

Very nice, but those wheels would have to go. Congrats, hope you have fun with it.  3:42 is my go to gearing, and automatics, lol, too beat up for traffic in a standard any more.
Link Posted: 10/7/2023 11:49:22 PM EDT
[#27]
I hate 3.73s and prefer 3.5x gearing.

2nd gear ends right about 60mph with 3.73s and a 27in tall tire and it drives me nuts.

Track pack for the upgraded brakes and tirsen is worth it, just wish gearing was 3.5 range.

Interior on the 2011-2014s was much better than on the 05-09s.   Especially the glued on door vinyl that always detaches.

Probably gonna want to look into an MGW shifter for the MT82.

The SN197s also can take a midpipe with relative ease unlike S550s which have cats welded to the header.

Any mod motor without cats is a loud boi, be warned anything like a Borla or a Black Widow exhaust will be loud as fuck if you go catless.

Since that is a track pack car check the tires.   If they are prelli Pzero summer tires be cautious as temps fall below 70 degrees, tires turn slicker than snot.   Like rolling into tire spin in 3rd gear at 45-50mph super shitty traction.
Link Posted: 10/7/2023 11:53:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Congrats dude!
Link Posted: 10/7/2023 11:58:37 PM EDT
[#29]
Congrats man.
Now you need a Crown vic to put those wheels on after the inevitable upgrade
Link Posted: 10/8/2023 12:32:00 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Totally worth the 7min.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBphctralEk
View Quote

I'm no racecar driver but several of the opposing drivers clearly did not shift those cars very well. This also shows why modern automatics are THE WAY unless you have a lot of race experience.
Link Posted: 10/8/2023 12:34:08 AM EDT
[#31]
Nice looking car op!
Link Posted: 10/8/2023 6:52:33 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Very nice, but those wheels would have to go. Congrats, hope you have fun with it.  3:42 is my go to gearing, and automatics, lol, too beat up for traffic in a standard any more.
View Quote

It is very likely that those wheels get replaced eventually. For now, I just want to finalize the deal, get the car home, and enjoy it before winter weather hits. Then it will stay in the garage until April.

Link Posted: 10/8/2023 6:59:18 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

2nd gear ends right about 60mph with 3.73s and a 27in tall tire and it drives me nuts.

Track pack for the upgraded brakes and tirsen is worth it, just wish gearing was 3.5 range.

Interior on the 2011-2014s was much better than on the 05-09s.   Especially the glued on door vinyl that always detaches.

The SN197s also can take a midpipe with relative ease unlike S550s which have cats welded to the header.

Any mod motor without cats is a loud boi, be warned anything like a Borla or a Black Widow exhaust will be loud as fuck if you go catless.

Since that is a track pack car check the tires.   If they are prelli Pzero summer tires be cautious as temps fall below 70 degrees, tires turn slicker than snot.   Like rolling into tire spin in 3rd gear at 45-50mph super shitty traction.
View Quote

Personally, I love this rear end ratio. Combined with that exhaust note (it's not overly loud, but I'd call it "aggressive" and noticeably louder than the standard GT), it makes it a blast to drive. Interestingly, I found this Mustang to be the modern equivalent of my '87 LX 5.0L (it had 3.73s on it, some added ponies under the hood, and a Flowmaster exhaust) in terms of sound, fury, and drivability. There was no question that this '14 was "The One."

Here's a pic of me and my '87 somewhere around '95:

Link Posted: 10/8/2023 7:00:59 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 10/8/2023 7:03:32 AM EDT
[#35]
Nice looking Mustang!

We are a Mustang family, use to own a 90 GT, currently have a 2020 Mustang Ecoboost and my son has an 89 GT.
Link Posted: 10/8/2023 7:10:13 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I'm no racecar driver but several of the opposing drivers clearly did not shift those cars very well. This also shows why modern automatics are THE WAY unless you have a lot of race experience.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Totally worth the 7min.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBphctralEk

Not sure why he says the '05-'10s with the 4.6L are shunned by the Mustang/car communities. They are fine cars overall.
Link Posted: 10/8/2023 7:25:45 AM EDT
[#37]
Very nice car!  

I bought my 2013 GT in 2015 after a bunch of searching.  I had similar wants and ended up with a 6 speed/brembo brakes/3.73 limited slip rear car (non track pack) with white paint.  I could only find red or black cars in WA and ended up buying in CA from a dealer and driving it home.

Then for about a week I had 3 mustangs till I sold my 2003.
Link Posted: 10/8/2023 8:29:39 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Very nice car!  

I bought my 2013 GT in 2015 after a bunch of searching.  I had similar wants and ended up with a 6 speed/brembo brakes/3.73 limited slip rear car (non track pack) with white paint.  I could only find red or black cars in WA and ended up buying in CA from a dealer and driving it home.

Then for about a week I had 3 mustangs till I sold my 2003.
https://i.imgur.com/wwrY5bn.jpeg
View Quote

Your white '13 is the only other color I even considered. It was either Grabber blue or white in that exact performance configuration. Congratulations on a great iteration of the Mustang.

ETA: one more thing about yours (and the one I put a deposit on yesterday), I very much preferred the smaller spoiler on the rear deck. The larger wing did nothing for me.
Link Posted: 10/8/2023 8:33:41 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Nice looking Mustang!

We are a Mustang family, use to own a 90 GT, currently have a 2020 Mustang Ecoboost and my son has an 89 GT.
View Quote

@cda97

What are your thoughts on the Ecoboost Mustang?
Link Posted: 10/8/2023 8:37:08 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/3241/IMG_0436_JPEG-2982834.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/3241/IMG_0437_JPEG-2982835.jpg
View Quote

Great looking car and I love the color!

I’m in the market for one as well. I test drove 2 this week, but the dealership only had a few used ones and they were all 2019 and newer. I kind of prefer the looks of the later fifth generation models better, but I drove these just to get a feel for the difference in the engines. The first one was a eco boost automatic and the second one was the 5.0 with a manual. There was really no comparison between the two. Lol

I don’t know what rear end these two that I drove had, but I’ll look and see if I can find some different 2013-2014 models to test drive and see what I like.
Link Posted: 10/8/2023 8:38:53 AM EDT
[#41]
Love that grabber blue!

My wife has a 2018 ecoboost convertible with 88k miles and it's been flawless. It has 300hp and definitely isn't slow especially with the 10 speed auto.
Link Posted: 10/8/2023 8:40:37 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 10/8/2023 9:51:31 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

Will check the tires, thanks.

Also, there is a near-zero chance I will modify this car other than putting new wheels on it. I think it's perfect as it is.
Link Posted: 10/8/2023 10:26:21 AM EDT
[#44]
Beware of the aftermarket touch screen retrofit and then swap back to original analog controls.
Inspect it very carefully ask for a copy of the service ticket for a record of the swap, that will give you all the info to speak with the service people who did the swap. Ask about the warranty of that work and if it transfers to new owner.
Assume salesman will say anything to make sale, it was a plug and play even if it wasn't.
Walk back and ask the advisor what the install entailed, see if you can speak with the tech.
You are concerned about the splice/cutting of the wiring harness and mods to console.
Do it before you complete the deal.
I've seen alot of hacked harness with aftermarket installs.
Good luck
Link Posted: 10/8/2023 12:23:38 PM EDT
[#45]
I forgot about this thread. Nice car! These cars are pretty easy to modify and have lots of aftermarket support for them.
The coyote is a great engine. If you drive like a normal responsible adult you'll pull down 21-24mpg. I've done it with an auto.

Doe it have a stock calibration(tune)?  You can PM if you want info on upgrades, parts etc.
Link Posted: 10/8/2023 12:53:13 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I had a 2010 GT Premium and loved it and miss it. Great car, loved driving it, had 0 maintenance issues.
View Quote
I had a 2010 with the glass roof, I put a Saleen supercharger on it at 50k miles and daily drove it to 80k miles, was 100% bullet proof, car needed nothing but oil changes and brakes.
Link Posted: 10/8/2023 1:03:27 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

@cda97

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nice looking Mustang!

@cda97

It's boring

They are rated at 315 hp, 350 lbs ft torque.  I enjoy driving my son's Fox body more because it has a T5 and the sound of the 5.0 is awesome.  I really like the looks of the S550 and its good for me as a commuter car with the 10 speed auto.

I replaced the stock 2 piston calipers with GT 4 piston calipers.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/8/2023 1:08:07 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Looks cool but the 4.6 is lame.
View Quote

The 4.6 is awesome if you are going to make modifications. Richard Holdener has plenty of videos showing fairly cheap combos that start with a 400hp na modded block with headers, cam, electric water pump and a tune. Over 500 horsepower with factory amounts of boost. Bulletproof and simpler than the 5.0
Link Posted: 10/8/2023 1:10:53 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Beware of the aftermarket touch screen retrofit and then swap back to original analog controls.
Inspect it very carefully ask for a copy of the service ticket for a record of the swap, that will give you all the info to speak with the service people who did the swap. Ask about the warranty of that work and if it transfers to new owner.
Assume salesman will say anything to make sale, it was a plug and play even if it wasn't.
Walk back and ask the advisor what the install entailed, see if you can speak with the tech.
You are concerned about the splice/cutting of the wiring harness and mods to console.
Do it before you complete the deal.
I've seen alot of hacked harness with aftermarket installs.
Good luck
View Quote

Will do.
Link Posted: 10/8/2023 1:15:55 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I forgot about this thread. Nice car! These cars are pretty easy to modify and have lots of aftermarket support for them.
The coyote is a great engine. If you drive like a normal responsible adult you'll pull down 21-24mpg. I've done it with an auto.

Doe it have a stock calibration(tune)?  You can PM if you want info on upgrades, parts etc.
View Quote

As far as I can tell, the car is stock but with the Brembo brake package, the 3.73 rear end, and the livelier exhaust. I didn't know to check the oil filler cap to see if it said 5w-50 to confirm full "Track Pack," though. Either way, I'm very satisfied with the car as is. This is a homecoming for me, getting back into the Mustang game after a 23 year absence since I sold my last one. Interestingly, this '14 reminds me a lot of my '87 LX 5.0, which had 3.73s, Flowmaster exhaust, and a lightly modded engine. It has a similar growl to it and the launches are also very similar. This car has much better brakes, though.

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top