BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 3:43:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Master_Shake] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By fla556guy:
And who are those "adults" in your mind?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By fla556guy:
Originally Posted By Kraquine:

The adults in the room
And who are those "adults" in your mind?

The ~70-80% of this country who aren't glued to whatever media source feeds them a constant stream of only things they want to hear.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 3:44:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Kraquine:  The adults in the room
View Quote

Truly, the people in the streets are mostly kids.

The criminals are mostly kids.

As kids age and mature, they tend to say, "Hey!, wait just a minute!  That's not right."  It's called "growing up".

Link Posted: 8/26/2024 3:45:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Trollslayer:

Truly, the people in the streets are mostly kids.

The criminals are mostly kids.

As kids age and mature, they tend to say, "Hey!, wait just a minute!  That's not right."  It's called "growing up".

View Quote

I’m not sure with this generation that’s been indoctrinated by Marxists in the schools and entitlement mentality in the street and media.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 3:52:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: finncanamer] [#4]
When bread and circuses cease.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 3:59:40 PM EDT
[#5]
The proper national divorce would split the US into 50 distinct and largely autonomous states.

It doesn’t need to be complicated.  The lines are drawn already. The federal government just needs to be cut back like the Osage shrub that it is, and power returned to the states.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 4:36:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By RUM:
Stupidity on the part of either side believing that a fractured UNITED States could withstand the onslaught of China/Russia/EU getting involved.

Personally I don't know who I would be more worried about; I have zero doubt that the Left Cost wouldn't hesitate to invite China over. On the other hand I'm sure many here in GD would love to have some support from the bastion of traditional values  Russia.

Either way I would expect to get fucked by any group of high functioning retards that thinks splitting the country up would be a good  idea.

Any fantasy dick beating on this subject selfishly leaves out the above certainties.
View Quote
I always figured if shit hits the fan Russia and China would back the republican side as the left wing side would be assumed ready to join the EU as a subservient to world government. Russia and China are absolutely not down with that.  They'd likely see this as a chance to weaken the world government and back the side with a more nationalist view
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 4:51:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mikNtx] [#7]
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 12:37:01 AM EDT
[#8]

"National Divorce" basically necessitates that each faction agree to the other "winning" areas that the faction considers "their own".  

Is Texas "Red"?  Yes, if you go by the territorial maps and popular vote.  You think Blue is going to give up Austin, Dallas, and Houston? Or that Red would allow the State to be lost just because Blue dominates in 3 cities?

Ditto California....which turns pretty damned Red as soon as you get away from the coastal cities.....but Blue will fight, kill, and die to keep 100% of the State.

It worked in Czechoslovakia because the "lines" were pretty clearly delineated into mutually-agreeable, contiguous sectors.  The Czechs were on one side of that line, the Slovaks on the other, with limited messiness.  Oh, and the European Powers (to include the US and Russia) wouldn't tolerate them starting a fight in Central Europe in the 90s.  
None of which is true for us, today, in the US.  There's far too much "spottiness" on the political/cultural map, and no other kids big enough to tell us to play nicely.

Link Posted: 8/27/2024 12:41:45 AM EDT
[#9]
According to rob reiner (FRR):

“Fear is the main motivation for everything. That and guilt, are the two emotions that keep a society humming.”

Considering that he’s a raging leftist, I think that gives insight into a portion of the population.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 12:53:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Two things:

1) life is pretty good.  Even for people who don’t realize it is.
2) there is no modern Mason Dixon line.  No neat geographic separations.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 1:02:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Well. So far we've had
George Floyd riots, and then the political hit job on Chauvin.
Stolen Election
COVID shutdowns/forced vax
Tranny indoctrination for our kids
Abortion worship
Lawfare against a former president

That's a sample of the past few years.

If none of that caused a national divorce, surely taking away SS from a bunch of old people is going to get them off the couch watching the Price is Right to start slingin bullets and crashing their Buicks into .gov buildings.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 1:03:08 AM EDT
[#12]
No different than j6, the border, jade helm, or whatever conservative “cause” is out there.

Nobody mobilized, showed up, or did anything beyond complain on the internet and share memes.

Nothing will happen.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 1:11:10 AM EDT
[#13]
I think the biggest thing is too many RINOs and establishment types are running the state governments. It anything like that ever happened it would be from the state governments and too many of the politicians are happy with the status quo.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 1:16:32 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By bobsters06:
There is no logical way to "divorce" the different sides. Doing it between states doesn't make any sense and when you factor in national infrastructure and military facilities/strategic assets and the interconnectivity of our economies it makes even less sense.

People who constantly bring up "unreconcilable differences" between political ideologies in the U.S. ought to spend more time on focusing on compromising and figuring out how to make things work as it's far realistic than throwing in the towel and destroying the wellbeing of the whole country in no logical way.

Things aren't even that bad, FFS, we bounced back from a REAL civil war.
View Quote

Compromising means you'll eventually get gun control, loss of free speech like UK has, loss of most all freedoms, and the country will eventually be a leftist utopia like western europe. Mass immigration, lower wages and standard of living, more crime, etc.

You really think you can compromise with the people you want you destroyed and stand in opposition to most of the values the right has ?
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 1:29:35 AM EDT
[#15]
If some Easterner puts beans in chili one more fucking time...
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 1:48:21 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By victorgonzales:
My two cents.  We'd already be there if not for social security.  Everyone wanting their welfare money back from the ponzi scheme is the only reason they still pay federal taxes and accept federal authority.

I think if social security collapses nation divorce will happen almost overnight .the country is so ideologically divided there is zero chance at this point we can all agree on a central power structure  if there's no national retirement plan the whole thing falls apart

What do you think holds this country together?
View Quote

Don't think it's possible if only for the fact that, there's no North vs South.  No definitive lines drawn.  Every state has conservatives and leftists..
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 1:49:44 AM EDT
[#17]
The rift is no longer between states.  

The rift is between urban and rural societies.  It isn't enough for Cook County to be Cook County. Cook County politics has to fuck up the rest of the state - for progress. They aren't happy unless everyone is fucking miserable.

So there won't be a peaceful national divorce with intact states breaking away with other intact states.  It will start with red counties breaking away from blue states (probably by force) and joining neighboring red states.

Link Posted: 8/27/2024 1:49:45 AM EDT
[#18]
There is no logical way to "divorce" the different sides. Doing it between states doesn't make any sense and when you factor in national infrastructure and military facilities/strategic assets and the interconnectivity of our economies it makes even less sense.

People who constantly bring up "unreconcilable differences" between political ideologies in the U.S. ought to spend more time on focusing on compromising and figuring out how to make things work as it's far realistic than throwing in the towel and destroying the wellbeing of the whole country in no logical way.

View Quote

Do you think the desm have any desire to compromise when it comes to rights they disagree with?
Do you think the dems have any desire to compromise on closing the border unless it means amnesty for all?
Do you think the uniparty has any desire to stop putting the people of this nation into debt with interest to be paid forever?

Compromise to the dems means them getting what they want which means taking something away from someone else.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 2:14:45 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By CTM1:

Do you think the desm have any desire to compromise when it comes to rights they disagree with?
Do you think the dems have any desire to compromise on closing the border unless it means amnesty for all?
Do you think the uniparty has any desire to stop putting the people of this nation into debt with interest to be paid forever?

Compromise to the dems means them getting what they want which means taking something away from someone else.
View All Quotes

All a compromise to them is them getting what they want slower.

They'll get it all eventually if you start compromising.

And unfortunately it looks like that is the way its going to go.

Down the road we'll likely be like the UK, no gun rights and locked up for facebook posts.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 2:38:22 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By wyomingnick:

Down the road we'll likely be like the UK, no gun rights and locked up for facebook posts.
View All Quotes

Depends on your state.

In the state I grew up in, concealed carry was illegal when I was a kid.  Now it is legal.

Some other states have gone the opposite direction.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 2:50:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: x248716x] [#21]
Venezuela-style rampant inflation.  your SS and pension payments become worthless.  out-of-control crime in YOUR neighborhood, blatantly corrupt govt and police, and strong-arm army.  disarmed population.  two-tier justice.  your pathetic paycheck reduced by unjust taxes, maybe paychecks delayed by months.  govt confiscation of land and property.  forced conscription into the kings army to fight the people.

massive rigged elections, not just a handful of states, maybe 10-15 of the most populous.  Venezuela-like election results, 80% for the incumbent king, 35% for the challenger (weird math), with 150% of registered voters voting.  Challenger gets indefinite jailed for treason or insurrection (no trial).  UN peacekeeping troops to ensure compliance with govt mandates.

boxcars?
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 3:16:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Chisum] [#22]
Originally Posted By ManiacRat:
Fear of the unknown. I also agree that politics are so polarized I don't see how it can continue. Yeah sure you have your moderates that exist. But they aren't being elected.
View Quote

This nails it. Everyone is afraid and for good reason. Revolutions never turn out the way they start. Unintended consequences are a bitch. If there was a revolution today, I can guarantee we will not be the same people. The division we see today unleashed will make the last Civil War seem like a Boy Scout jamboree. You will not like how it ends. The hate, bitterness, and political divide will last for centuries. Be very careful what you wish for.

Do not trust the political hotheads on either side. All they want is massive bloodshed. It will be their blood shed first. The few survivors get stuck cleaning up the mess.

I know whereof I speak. During the Civil War, family members fought on both sides. One was killed. He was 17 years old. We never found out what battle he was in or where he was buried. My great, great-grandmother never stopped crying. It literally killed her. The one who fought for the South when he passed away was never allowed to be buried in the family cemetery. His name is known but no one ever speaks it. Old Mountain folk of West Virginia still feel the pain.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 4:45:29 AM EDT
[#23]
We can’t have the boogaloo yet, I still need to pick out my outfit.

But seriously, the concept of a national split is ridiculous on its face.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 5:10:14 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By buck19delta:

Revolution, not civil war.
View Quote

The more I think about this issue, the more sense this makes. There is NO "Mason Dixon" line now, but there are "blue" states with "red" counties, and "red"
states with "blue" counties all across the country.

I strongly believe the trigger will be something stupid and it will suck everything else in.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 7:56:55 AM EDT
[#25]
I've always thought whatever the instigating factors, hunger and thirst, and the disruption that accompanied, would be the trigger that wrecked American unity.  I'm not sure about that now.  We seem willing to tolerate a lot of garbage we shouldn't.  A good portion of the country seems willing to live in the third world of urban blight and cope with it.  I do know that whatever it looked like, foreign nations would get involved in things for their benefit, and would possibly claim territory.  All that EPA regulation would be out the window then.  They would gladly exploit our natural resources in ways we aren't willing.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 8:04:31 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By jerrwhy01:
Nothing, there will be no divorce.

People won't even motivate right now to prevent their own children from getting their sexual organs cut off. If protecting one's children won't motivate someone then I'm not really sure what will at this point.

View Quote
The biological parents already outsource child rearing to public school teachers, so who could they give a shit about chopped off organs?

Been posted before, once creature comforts and meds are all gone, mass die-off of the soft then feudalist local war lords take over.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 8:06:17 AM EDT
[#27]
At some point, the amount of value created by the working population won't be enough to pay for the freeloaders on welfare and other entitlements.  
The former seems to be continually decreasing (with the destruction of the middle class), and the latter costs are increasing rapidly.  
Unless those stop, the lines on that graph are going to cross.

It's important to note that things will collapse before they cross.    
Exactly when is pretty unpredictable.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 8:15:26 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By sabocat:

I suspect it would resemble the breakup of the USSR and Czechoslovakia.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By KonamiCode:
I wonder how the military would get divided up.

I think you are being far too optimistic.

The Soviet citizens were much more self-sufficient (gardens, canning, wells, woodstoves) and more willing to tolerate a really rough standard of living than Americans are.

The Czechs and Slovaks were much more ethnically homogenous in their respective areas, but the US is very heterogenous ethnically and politically.

These two facts argue against it going as smoothly and peacefully as those two breakups.

Instead, look what happens when you have a lot of heterogenous groups mixed in together?  

Yugoslavia is a much better model for that.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 8:16:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: rhill] [#29]
National divorce has already happened in hearts and minds of millions.

35-and-under willing to quit jobs over politics.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 8:23:11 AM EDT
[#30]
The problem with national divorce is that our current divide doesn’t follow neat geographical lines.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 8:25:01 AM EDT
[#31]
It would be nice if we could amicably split into two different countries . . . but it’s not going to happen. The federal government would never permit losing territory, treasure and control . . . just like they didn’t last time.

Hell . . . we hardly have individual states these days.  Supremacy clause rules all . . . and there’s zero respect at the highest level for either the Constitution as written or the Supreme Court.

Most people will tolerate anything as long as they get the federal benefits and freebies.  Most of those who despise the current government are well aware that they can do nothing about it without getting endlessly harrassed by government lawyers, tossed in jail, or shot.

Link Posted: 8/27/2024 8:26:57 AM EDT
[#32]
I always figured if shit hits the fan Russia and China would back the republican side as the left wing side would be assumed ready to join the EU as a subservient to world government. Russia and China are absolutely not down with that.  They'd likely see this as a chance to weaken the world government and back the side with a more nationalist view
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RUM:
Stupidity on the part of either side believing that a fractured UNITED States could withstand the onslaught of China/Russia/EU getting involved.

Personally I don't know who I would be more worried about; I have zero doubt that the Left Cost wouldn't hesitate to invite China over. On the other hand I'm sure many here in GD would love to have some support from the bastion of traditional values  Russia.

Either way I would expect to get fucked by any group of high functioning retards that thinks splitting the country up would be a good  idea.

Any fantasy dick beating on this subject selfishly leaves out the above certainties.

These countries play both sides similar to how Germany played both sides of countries in the early 1900's. It's about what they can get and control and who will deliver it to them the easiest. Japan wasn't any better than the Germans back then either.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 8:31:26 AM EDT
[#33]
Divorce is not applicable, it would be a Civil War.

And there would be no "splitting up" of anything.

The National Guard would put down a terrorist uprising with a very heavy hand.

Link Posted: 8/27/2024 8:53:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: gettysburg30] [#34]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By KonamiCode:
I wonder how the military would get divided up.

You mean the formar republic of Yuougoslavia only bigger
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 9:08:51 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Oldgold:
I hate to say this, but Sherman went scorched earth the last time we tried. The Powers that be will not allow it.
View Quote

This time Georgians would have to burn Atlanta themselves after secession to remain independent.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 9:14:09 AM EDT
[#36]
If the North was caught cheating with a hot Asian side piece, still not 100 percent sure that would trigger anything. The south would just cuck itself to sleep in the corner.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 9:21:53 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 9:22:59 AM EDT
[#38]
Millions of triggers being pulled simultaneously.  Literal and figurative.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 9:26:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: runcible] [#39]
For almost 100 years now, the Right couldn't be bothered to get involved while the Left assumed control of... well, everything.
Now all of sudden, there's gonna be a "National Divorce." CW2 talk is just the delusional rantings of people who can't admit they lost.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 9:27:14 AM EDT
[#40]
The economy.

In order for a “national divorce” there would have to be a massive economic collapse that caused a societal collapse

Sorry to burst GDs little doomer fantasy but it’s not going to happen.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 9:29:47 AM EDT
[#41]
The site is an echo chamber.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 9:29:54 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By 999monkeys:

Depends on your state.

In the state I grew up in, concealed carry was illegal when I was a kid.  Now it is legal.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 999monkeys:

Depends on your state.

I agree with you about the attitude regarding the state but eventually all this stuff is going to be Federal.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 9:33:27 AM EDT
[#43]
My two cents.  We'd already be there if not for social security.  Everyone wanting their welfare money back from the ponzi scheme is the only reason they still pay federal taxes and accept federal authority.

I think if social security collapses nation divorce will happen almost overnight .the country is so ideologically divided there is zero chance at this point we can all agree on a central power structure  if there's no national retirement plan the whole thing falls apart

What do you think holds this country together?
View Quote

I had not thought of SS holding us together as I never even think about SS. I can survive without it.

You make a good point about our polarization. I, like you, believe we cannot continue this way without force being used somewhere and sometime.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 9:41:09 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By runcible:
For almost 100 years now, the Right couldn't be bothered to get involved while the Left assumed control of... well, everything.
Now all of sudden, there's gonna be a "National Divorce." CW2 talk is just the delusional rantings of people who can't admit they lost.
View Quote

"CW2 already happened in the summer of 2020 and only one side showed up"
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 9:55:59 AM EDT
[#45]

People who constantly bring up "unreconcilable differences" between political ideologies in the U.S. ought to spend more time on focusing on compromising and figuring out how to make things work
View Quote

Tell me again how we compromise with an ideology that wants us dead, at all costs?  

Link Posted: 8/27/2024 9:58:20 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 9:59:26 AM EDT
[#47]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top