[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

To be fair, it was like that when I bought it
View Quote
Well it looks dope...
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 9:40:33 PM EDT
[#9]
If you’re shooting it once and year and putting it back in the safe..DSA is totally fine
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 12:04:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 7:19:30 AM EDT
[#11]
I like them, currently building a Hebrew Hammer...

On the DSA stuff.  I will say from first hand experience, their receivers look really nice, I got one with the hebrew markings.  They do, however, seem to have some quality control issues.  Mine has required at least 3 different "tune ups" to make it be able to work.  The slide rails  were out of spec and the slide was unable to slide all the way in without modification.  There are 2 other issues that also would have prevented it from working if I did not have gunsmith skills.  That is unacceptable in my opinion for a brand new factory receiver.  But, there are not a lot of other options so I did what I had to do to get it in working order.
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 9:55:07 AM EDT
[#12]

So want. Much badass.

Well except maybe for that A2 look muzzle device.

I have a couple of those 30 rounder mags. Need to verify mine work.
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 10:26:04 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I like them, currently building a Hebrew Hammer...

On the DSA stuff.  I will say from first hand experience, their receivers look really nice, I got one with the hebrew markings.  They do, however, seem to have some quality control issues.  Mine has required at least 3 different "tune ups" to make it be able to work.  The slide rails  were out of spec and the slide was unable to slide all the way in without modification.  There are 2 other issues that also would have prevented it from working if I did not have gunsmith skills.  That is unacceptable in my opinion for a brand new factory receiver.  But, there are not a lot of other options so I did what I had to do to get it in working order.
View Quote

The positive thing is that, at least by most all accounts, DSA will actually fix something if it is jacked up. But, yeah, they shouldn't leave the factory with issues, some that are pretty obvious.
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 10:33:22 AM EDT
[#15]
As others have mentioned it depends on your use case and budget.

If you want a collectable that won't be shot a whole lot, one of the original preban FN made FALs are at the top of the collector pyramid.  That said most of the imported FN guns have cast receivers with a reduced service life over forged and if you break something you will damage its value replacing an OEM FN part with something aftermarket,  so the original FN guns are not the best option as a high volume shooter.

If you want one of the most robust and well built FAL pattern guns made IMHO, get one of the Springfield Armory imported SAR48s that were fully manufactured by Imbel.  The SAR48s are fully forged type 3 receivers and the entire rifle was manufactured by Imbel using only their high quality forged/stamped components.

If you are on a budget and need something that you can shoot and has a warranty and is commercially available than DSA is your best bet.  

If you want to scrounge up a nice parts kit, an intact barrel,  and an unbuilt Imbel receiver (or older forged DSA) you can have a really nice gun built by Mark at ARS (which is probably better than a run of the mill commercial DSA) but be prepared to invest a lot more time and effort to get it built vs. just pulling out your credit card and buying a complete DSA unit from Atlantic, etc.

I have two FALs both on Imbel receivers.  One is a semi auto built on an  Imbel receiver  with a Austrian STG-58 parts kit and the other is a Springfield/Imbel SAR48 converted to a machinegun SA back in the 80s, that I then further converted to a DSA OSW.

Since we are sharing pics.

SAR48 / DSA OSW FAL on top with an AR10 (Colt LE901) and HK G3K on the bottom for comparison.

Link Posted: 9/30/2022 10:41:45 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

But AR10 is mo betta
View Quote

I put together an AR308 because I was too poors for a FAL
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 11:00:54 AM EDT
[#17]
I have and am real happy with an HB Israeli FAL I found on an Imbel receiver.  Now, Id like something nice and slim for shooting.

Good to hear the positive report on DSA.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top