Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 3:34:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Also a state/city with quite a bit of people because we do have children and good schools

We will also need somewhere that wont turn blue in the next 5-10ish years
View Quote

Lol. You sound perfect for Hawaii, or maybe Texas.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 3:35:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

We are currently at maximum capacity.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
In before the "we're full" assholes.

Yes, they're assholes.

We are currently at maximum capacity.

Generally, conservatives don't want to move where they're not welcome.  Enjoy the liberals that don't care about your objections, then.

I'll be sure to laugh at you when you ask this same thing on arfcom in a few years.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 3:37:00 PM EDT
[#3]

Missouri's underrated.

Link Posted: 12/21/2020 3:38:52 PM EDT
[#4]
You're welcome here in Oklahoma. Better weather than Missouri and fewer mask mandates than Texas.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 3:39:35 PM EDT
[#5]
We are looking at UT and/or ID when we retire. We are tired of the three H’s here in SE TX (heat, humidity and hurricanes). Sadly by the time I retire they probably would have already fallen...Who knows, we’ll see...
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 3:40:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 3:42:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
You're welcome here in Oklahoma. Better weather than Missouri and fewer mask mandates than Texas.
View Quote

But muh big cities, great schools, and warm weather year round. Stay in kali.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 3:43:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 3:44:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Generally, conservatives don't want to move where they're not welcome.  Enjoy the liberals that don't care about your objections, then.

I'll be sure to laugh at you when you ask this same thing on arfcom in a few years.
View Quote

Oh, conservatives are welcome. Just not New Yorkers.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 3:44:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Additional: prefer good weather, not too hot/cold or humid
View Quote

If you come to the south there will be some heat and humidity. Don;t get so picky.

Or - you could move to california where the weather is perfect all year round (except when wild fires burn your house to a crisp).

Link Posted: 12/21/2020 3:45:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
It's the people of Idaho that have me most concerned, not the weather or job market.  
View Quote

I’ll teach you the secret hand shake and help you cover the Cali plates before you get here.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 3:47:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Come to Indiana if you don't mind flat and boring.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 3:51:53 PM EDT
[#13]
We found out he of the few republican families is leaving to Florida. They have 2 kids in HS and said they would wait till they graduated. I guess warmer weather and like minded people quickened their decision. I tell my wife we should leave sooner than later.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 3:53:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Makes no sense.

3000 sq feet of land?  My garden is bigger than that.

You want to live where there are a lot of people because kids and schools?  A lot of people means a lot of problems.  Small town schools are 100x better than big city schools.  We have none of the liberal teacher BS, no "diversity", no widespread drug problems, and better test scores.  I'm not talking methbilly hick town, but successful small town.

Link Posted: 12/21/2020 3:55:25 PM EDT
[#15]
St. George, Utah.

What do you do for a living?  A lot of these places may not have a lot in the way of job opportunities.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 3:55:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Alabama and MS will be two of the last states to fall when the commies take over.
View Quote

He said good schools. FPDNNI
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 3:57:07 PM EDT
[#17]

Its pretty good here on the Osage reservation.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 3:58:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
St. George, Utah.

What do you do for a living?  A lot of these places may not have a lot in the way of job opportunities.
View Quote

dentistry, planning on opening an office wherever we move
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 4:02:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
southern Missouri is blood-red.  Draw a horizontal line from St Louis all the way across to Kansas.  Stay south of that line.
View Quote
700k in Newton, McDonald, Barry, Christian Co, etc. could get you a lot of land with peace and quiet. Iffy schools though, depending on the location. That area is certainly my retirement plan though.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 4:04:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Seems most every corner strip mall in DFW has a dentist and a mattress store.  Those markets may be saturated.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 4:09:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

IM message sent
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 4:10:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

Unless you are LDS, you'll want to avoid small town Utah or Idaho.  (and there are a bunch of LDS in Idaho) The local Mormons don't like to do business with those outside their faith.  Bigger towns/cities it shouldn't be as big as an issue.

St. George is seeing a lot of growth.  Same thing with southern Salt Lake county/northern Utah county.   A lot of new residents to the state.  They aren't all LDS, nor or they all conservative.  Housing prices have responded with the demand.  Cheapest house, a 4/3 on .20 of an acre in my zip is listed at $425K.  You'll really need to be in the 500s to find a place.  (I'm on the northwest side of Utah Lake, in Utah County).  A lot of dentist office's in the area.  Plenty of business with all of the people.  There's still plenty of opportunity for growth I'd imagine.   Check out Eagle Mountain, UT as well.  There's commercial space available right now, and I don't recall a lot of dentist in the area.  

You'll have an extremely hard time finding a house on more than 1/3rd of an acre for under $700k in northern Utah.

And if you like the idea of going to the bar to get a drink/watch the game- forget about Utah.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 4:11:32 PM EDT
[#23]
We are full.

Link Posted: 12/21/2020 4:16:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Why are we running away?
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 4:34:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Texas
View Quote

Get outta here with that crap!!!
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 4:34:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Stay and fight.. lol   That's probably what a lot of the Jews were saying in 1930s Germany.

Beyond politics, there are a lot of other reasons for moving.   Weather, jobs, cost of living, access to public land, and maybe just to get away from that shitty element of the population.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 4:42:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

This seems to be the only place fighting back somewhat.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 4:49:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
We are looking at UT and/or ID when we retire. We are tired of the three H’s here in SE TX (heat, humidity and hurricanes). Sadly by the time I retire they probably would have already fallen...Who knows, we’ll see...
View Quote

forgot one... Houston
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 4:52:34 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

HE'S AN AMERICAN.

You're not.
View Quote

uhh, yes I am.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 5:05:47 PM EDT
[#30]
2019 join date?

15 posts?

No state listed?

Asks for advice about moving out of state?

Proffers almost mutually exclusive list of 'wants'?

No mention of what wife (or husband) does?

This thread will be a huge success.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 5:06:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

IIRC, you're a socal/cencal guy?

I just moved to central Texas from Santa Barbara, my cousin just moved outside of Boise from Santa Maria. The cities will always be blue, but overall, we're both very happy with our decisions.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Looking at Idaho, Texas or staying put, but dont want to raise a family in the CA school system

IIRC, you're a socal/cencal guy?

I just moved to central Texas from Santa Barbara, my cousin just moved outside of Boise from Santa Maria. The cities will always be blue, but overall, we're both very happy with our decisions.

nice yea im in the same boat, great to know thanks
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 5:08:21 PM EDT
[#32]
We'll be the center of the eastern American Redoubt, so . . .. . . come on.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 5:09:15 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Stay where you're at, please.
View Quote
Yes because we only like to import liberals
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 5:10:25 PM EDT
[#34]
Tennessee is full.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 5:11:21 PM EDT
[#35]
TN, KS, MO, AR, WY, ND, SD.

UT and MT are possibilities.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 5:13:03 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

This is the answer.

Find a place you like, find some hobbies outside of guns and live your life. The entire country is going to crumble in the next generation and there really isn't anything you can do about it.
View Quote

THIS.

So very much this.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 5:13:27 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Texas
View Quote
SShhhhhhhhhh!

Link Posted: 12/21/2020 5:14:30 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And conservative new yorkers?
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 5:16:39 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Unless you are LDS, you'll want to avoid small town Utah or Idaho.  (and there are a bunch of LDS in Idaho) The local Mormons don't like to do business with those outside their faith.  Bigger towns/cities it shouldn't be as big as an issue.

St. George is seeing a lot of growth.  Same thing with southern Salt Lake county/northern Utah county.   A lot of new residents to the state.  They aren't all LDS, nor or they all conservative.  Housing prices have responded with the demand.  Cheapest house, a 4/3 on .20 of an acre in my zip is listed at $425K.  You'll really need to be in the 500s to find a place.  (I'm on the northwest side of Utah Lake, in Utah County).  A lot of dentist office's in the area.  Plenty of business with all of the people.  There's still plenty of opportunity for growth I'd imagine.   Check out Eagle Mountain, UT as well.  There's commercial space available right now, and I don't recall a lot of dentist in the area.  

You'll have an extremely hard time finding a house on more than 1/3rd of an acre for under $700k in northern Utah.

And if you like the idea of going to the bar to get a drink/watch the game- forget about Utah.
View Quote

We're full.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 5:18:53 PM EDT
[#40]
The FBI will be rounding you up for re-education when they track you down from your post.  You won't get to choose the state.

You think this is a joke, but no.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 6:09:33 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Some shit-for-brains* was telling me Idaho is changing because of all the liberal Americans moving there.

I pointed out yeah, it's becoming measurable more conservative. Liberals don't want their kids forced to learn about American history. Liberals don't want God in their schools. Liberals don't want to live under conservative courts. Liberals don't want to live without the social welfare programs.
View Quote

That "Shit for brains is right".

Idaho is gaining liberals at an alarming rate whether you want to admit it or not.

Our "conservative" governor is a liberal as is our SOS. I have no idea what state you live in because it's not listed, but if it's Idaho your head is firmly in the sand.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 6:15:30 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Idaho is gaining liberals at an alarming rate whether you want to admit it or not.

Our "conservative" governor is a liberal as is our SOS. I have no idea what state you live in because it's not listed, but if it's Idaho your head is firmly in the sand.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Some shit-for-brains* was telling me Idaho is changing because of all the liberal Americans moving there.

I pointed out yeah, it's becoming measurable more conservative. Liberals don't want their kids forced to learn about American history. Liberals don't want God in their schools. Liberals don't want to live under conservative courts. Liberals don't want to live without the social welfare programs.

Liberals don't avoid those areas.  They move in and change them to their liking.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 6:17:42 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Liberals don't avoid those areas.  They move in and change them to their liking.
View Quote

That's what I just said.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 6:20:19 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

That's what I just said.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's what I just said.

Wasn't arguing with  you.  
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 6:21:35 PM EDT
[#45]
Florida isn't accepting any new immigrants from the northeast until further notice. Thanks for your cooperation.

On a serious note, I'm planning on moving to east TN in the next 3-4 years. Florida is changing very rapidly, and not for the better.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 6:27:16 PM EDT
[#46]

Oklahoma has you beat, didn't even need a Biden blue dot.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 6:28:29 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
It's over, there are no free states left.

https://i.imgur.com/xvytkeP.jpg
View Quote

Looking at this map, doesn't it suggest that more purple are moving out of red states. The numbers are bad in NY, CT, and IL though
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 6:31:18 PM EDT
[#48]
You would LOVE Florida OP.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 6:32:16 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

This is the answer.

Find a place you like, find some hobbies outside of guns and live your life. The entire country is going to crumble in the next generation and there really isn't anything you can do about it.
View Quote

Not with that attitude.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 6:33:45 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
In before the "we're full" assholes.

Yes, they're assholes.
View Quote

We are currently above the carpetbagger carrying capacity of the land, as can be seen by the recent election results.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top