Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 10:32:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Brewton Alabama early 80’s. 46 in a 40. Fat as fuck cop wouldn’t get out of his car. Had food scattered all over his lap.
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 10:48:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
7 over on loop 101. Went to traffic school dropped the ticket. Don't speed much these days, gas is $5 a gallon.
View Quote

What year was this? 7 over on the 101 is pretty dam. slow for the 101.
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 10:53:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 10:58:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Not me, but my youngest brother got a ticket for going 2 over in an 82 Buick Estate Wagon
In reality he was going 45 over and the only reason he didn't get towed is he told the cops that his wagon wasn't even CAPABLE of going 105 mph ("80 is warp speed in this POS") and he let the youngest cop sit in the backwards facing rear bench seat and mess with the tailgate window
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 11:00:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Yes!  1981,... in Manhatten, KS,... 32 MPH in a 30MPH zone,.... NY plates on a 68 Barracuda
View Quote

NVM
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 11:02:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

2 UNDER the speed limit?

Say wat?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
2 under.

Blatant money grab.

2 UNDER the speed limit?

Say wat?

Know someone who got dinged for two under, following too close, 18 in a 20 (Military Base).
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 11:04:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
If some cop writes me up for less than 5 over, I'm going to jail. That's chickenshit.

I think both OH and KY got me for 10 over when Jimmy Carter's speed limit was in effect.

Indy PD got me for 42 in a 30. And 55 in a 45. Both totally legit. I told the second guy they should sit here all the time. People come whipping off the interstate and head downhill. They could make bank. He said nothing. Motorcycle cop. They're dicks. You'd think they were Top Gun FWS grads

TC
View Quote
In Florida, it is against state rule (not law) to write a speeding citation using radar or laser, as it is considered within the margin of error for both the equipment and the speedometer. These are the rules that dictate how speed measurement equipment can be used and the guidelines that the equipment and users must follow.

I was taught this in speed measurement class about 12 years ago, so it would take me a little while to find the cite on that, though
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 11:04:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Know someone who got dinged for two under, following too close, 18 in a 20 (Military Base).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
2 under.

Blatant money grab.

2 UNDER the speed limit?

Say wat?

Not a speeding ticket.
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 11:05:54 AM EDT
[#9]

But it was my only speeding ticket, and I thought I was going 55 in a 55, but turns out it was a 35.
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 11:09:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Not a speeding ticket.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
2 under.

Blatant money grab.

2 UNDER the speed limit?

Say wat?

Not a speeding ticket.

I know but a CSB.

The base cops would write you for 21 in a 20 and 22 in a 20 all day long.

Do under the speed limit, they would still find a way to write tickets.

Link Posted: 8/1/2022 11:26:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Our town has a city wide(except school zones) max speed of 29mph. I have friends that have been ticketed for doing 31 mph. Seems there is some statute that if the speed limit is 30 or more, part of the court costs go to the state. But if under, the municipality keeps all the revenue.

Clinton IN

Link Posted: 8/1/2022 11:31:44 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
1 mph over on Ft. Campbell, KY.    I think the speed limit was 30.
View Quote

Pre-2001?  Back when the base cops actually DIDN'T have anything better to do?
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 11:32:41 AM EDT
[#13]
I've never gotten one.
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 11:39:14 AM EDT
[#14]
I received a ticket for 51 in a 35...I was going 39 knowing that town is an infamous speed trap. Cop was fishing for a DUI at 2 am when a Corvette rolled through town. He said I was swerving and that was why he pulled me over. I told him that's odd, I was within the lines and had nothing to drink that night. He then got pissed and told me I was SPEEDING, TOO! Told him I was a few over and saw that on the HUD. He argued I was going over 50. Told him no way was that my speed as I looked at my heads up display constantly in my direct field of view. Well, YOU'RE GETTING A TICKET!  He came back with the 51mph ticket. I went to court and contested with a judge that I'd be happy to pay a fine for going over since I was a few over the legal Posted limit, but there was no way I was paying that particular offense since the cop was fishing for a DUI on the Z06 driving through town late at night and there wasn't a snowballs chance in hell I was doing 51mph. Judge threw it out.
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 11:39:50 AM EDT
[#15]
6mph over. 66 in a 60 coming from Texas to Ft. Benning. Got stopped in Alabama on 20 by a state trooper. He was a dick. On the other end.. 139 in a 60 on George bush in garland. Was racing a friend in high school. Cop was a dick but I deserved it. Lol
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 12:02:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Zero miles over.  Back in 1999.

Idiot WA state patrol motorcycle cop lased the dude in the passing lane to my left who was in the process of passing me. Cop can't figure his shit out and i get pulled over instead.

Wouldn't listen when i told him the white car passed me at a significantly higher speed and that's who he lased.

When i gave him my id, insurance, registration and CC license he demanded i hand him my carry piece. A 1911, cocked and locked. He then spent 5 minutes trying to figure out how to unload it with his finger on the trigger and had it pointed at passing traffic. I was sure i was going to watch this dude execute a passing motorist with my pistol.

Thankfully he finally figured it out, gave me a ticket and handed me back my pistol after unloading all the rounds from the magazine. As if I didn't have a spare on my belt. Whatta full on fucking fucktard. Truly the dumbest son of a bitch i've ever seen put on a uniform and i grew up in a police family (both parents, actually) so i've seen both the best and worst that law enforcement has to offer.

When i took it to court, the judge told me the officer couldn't possibly be wrong or lie, ticket stood.  Had to pay and do the little traffic school thing to keep the ticket off my record.  

Fucking tools. I hate washington state with the molten cores of a thousand suns.  

Link Posted: 8/1/2022 12:31:32 PM EDT
[#17]
45 in a 55 zone in the snow.
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 12:40:01 PM EDT
[#18]
In Olympia Wa over ten years ago. I got a ticket from a motorcycle cop that was all pre filled out other than my info for 2 mph over the speed limit. He was parked behind someone just done writing them a ticked, pulled out and pulled me over, ticketed me, and before I had left the side of the rd he sped off and was pulling someone else over. Didn't run my lic, didn't call me in, didn't check for insurance, just lic, fill in that info on the ticket, and move onto the next one. To me that's such BS. He was just handing out 2mph over tickets as fast as he could.
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 12:41:56 PM EDT
[#19]
4mph over in Idaho falls Idaho. I tried to explain his mistake to the officer and he politely explained to me that 4 miles over is still breaking the speed limit. Dick
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 1:12:13 PM EDT
[#20]
I have only had 3 speeding tickets in my life so far.  

1.   47 mph in a 35 zone.   Ticket was reduced to 7 over, paid about $145 in fines.

2.   72 in a 55 zone.  I forget what the fine on that was.

3. 140 in a 55 zone.   That one was $360 in fines.
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 1:28:54 PM EDT
[#21]
33 in a 25 got me a ticket...

...115+ in a 70 did not

Link Posted: 8/1/2022 2:19:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Our town has a city wide(except school zones) max speed of 29mph. I have friends that have been ticketed for doing 31 mph. Seems there is some statute that if the speed limit is 30 or more, part of the court costs go to the state. But if under, the municipality keeps all the revenue.

Clinton IN

https://external-preview.redd.it/xkWgqr_Igf9_wqxiJikX-_TLSVDOmue-Pkn_bc4Ws5g.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=11662213dc6c074035cff24a9afa5eb8799cd96d
View Quote

Michigan's limits are set by state guidelines. Those sorts of games can't happen on public roads.
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 2:21:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Zero miles over.  Back in 1999.

Idiot WA state patrol motorcycle cop lased the dude in the passing lane to my left who was in the process of passing me. Cop can't figure his shit out and i get pulled over instead.

Wouldn't listen when i told him the white car passed me at a significantly higher speed and that's who he lased.

When i gave him my id, insurance, registration and CC license he demanded i hand him my carry piece. A 1911, cocked and locked. He then spent 5 minutes trying to figure out how to unload it with his finger on the trigger and had it pointed at passing traffic. I was sure i was going to watch this dude execute a passing motorist with my pistol.

Thankfully he finally figured it out, gave me a ticket and handed me back my pistol after unloading all the rounds from the magazine. As if I didn't have a spare on my belt. Whatta full on fucking fucktard. Truly the dumbest son of a bitch i've ever seen put on a uniform and i grew up in a police family (both parents, actually) so i've seen both the best and worst that law enforcement has to offer.

When i took it to court, the judge told me the officer couldn't possibly be wrong or lie, ticket stood.  Had to pay and do the little traffic school thing to keep the ticket off my record.  

Fucking tools. I hate washington state with the molten cores of a thousand suns.  

View Quote

Another situation where a dashcam with GPS would have ended the discussion quickly.
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 2:23:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Brenham, Texas

67 in a 65. About 1994.

Have not bought Blue Bell  ice cream since then.

Fuck Brenham
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 2:30:08 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 2:32:34 PM EDT
[#26]
58 on a 35mph road. It was 6am i was banking on the cops still having their shift change.
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 2:33:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Technically like -25

“Exhibition of acceleration” but I was damn near standing still.

But I’d have to look through my 30+ stack of tickets, although it’s tapered off since I grew up a bit.

I think it’s probably like 5 over, although I was hauling ass and slowed down before they got me back in the 90’s/early 00’s
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 5:34:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Have you ever driver?

If so, for how long?

View Quote
Driven since 1972, you do the math.
@Scrote
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 5:38:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Back when texas had Night speed limits (i think they got rid of them now)

I was doing 70 in a 70, but it was night meaning the speed limit was 65.  Texas DPS gave me that one on Highway 277 just outside san angelo, TX
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 5:50:30 PM EDT
[#30]
76 in a 75 just outside Bismarck ND on the way to the McQuades softball tourney. Patrol apparently didn’t like raising the limit and was proving a point according to someone I talked to at the tourney.
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 5:51:32 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Another situation where a dashcam with GPS would have ended the discussion quickly.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Some places the judge is biggest part of the problem.
Well, most places. The cops mostly do what they know they'll get away with in their local courts.

Quoted:
My last ticket a couple years ago... watched the cop behind me after I left my street.  I made sure to pay attention to my speed the entire way through this small speed trap town.  Guy pulls me over, says I'm doing 50 in a 40. I have front and rear dash cams showing my speed. I go to court and argue such.  They didnt care in the slightest.  My choices were spend a money on a lawyer and fight it or pay the $130 bribe money and not have it on my record. The experience definitely left an impression on me with regards to small town law enforcement.  I know the majorityof LEOs are good people but the ones in Gallaway, TN can eat a dick.

Link Posted: 8/1/2022 5:56:32 PM EDT
[#32]
51 in a 35   Twenty seven years ago.

93 in a 65.   Fifteen years ago.

No others ever.
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 5:58:04 PM EDT
[#33]
1 over in a school zone. So 21 in a 20.
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 6:23:08 PM EDT
[#34]
Zero.

I’ve never gotten a speeding ticket.
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 6:44:45 PM EDT
[#35]
I'm 60 now and have never been ticketed. However I've been stopped several times for speeding.  The one I remember best was 57 in a 55.

Also very proud of my record lol. Challenge anyone to drive the 74 mile round trip commute I did for just shy of 22 years going more than 5mph over for more than a month. Good luck with that where I live.
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 7:32:21 PM EDT
[#36]
27 in a 25. Fort Bragg nc by an MP at 2am. He called me at 6am before I went to PT to tell me not to worry about it and he would get rid of it.
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 8:28:27 PM EDT
[#37]
Had a Highway Patrol, of all people, and he wasn't a snot nosed rookie by 20+ years, write me for 3 over.
He finally asked if I knw where the JP (used for minor infractions in Texas) office was. Told him, "yes, I have coffee with him a couple times a week", and drove off with my ticket. He chased me down again, and I asked why he stopped me again. He said he'd take the citation back. No dude, I think I'll keep it. Still beings detained?
Judge was rolling in his doughnut the next morning. Never saw that officer before or after. I'm sure I just missed him, but it was a Chicken shit ticket. He must have been bored out of his mind.
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 9:05:28 PM EDT
[#38]
12 mph over the cursed 55 speed limit, better known as Revenue Generator. Iowa had to be dragged away from 55 kicking and screaming, long after surrounding states raised it to 70 mph. South Dakota is 80 on the interstate.

Having to go across Iowa at 55 mph is a unique form of torture. Guess the state legistalture wanted people to long enjoy the perfume of hog confinements.
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 9:07:53 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Had a Highway Patrol, of all people, and he wasn't a snot nosed rookie by 20+ years, write me for 3 over.
He finally asked if I knw where the JP (used for minor infractions in Texas) office was. Told him, "yes, I have coffee with him a couple times a week", and drove off with my ticket. He chased me down again, and I asked why he stopped me again. He said he'd take the citation back. No dude, I think I'll keep it. Still beings detained?
Judge was rolling in his doughnut the next morning. Never saw that officer before or after. I'm sure I just missed him, but it was a Chicken shit ticket. He must have been bored out of his mind.
View Quote

Make you didn't tuck your long hair up under your hat? **

reference to a 70's song
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 2:17:54 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 2:18:47 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

reference to a 70's song
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

reference to a 70's song
Would you be kind enough to give me change for a one?
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 2:20:38 AM EDT
[#42]
One and only ticket was 64 in a 55. The officer wrote it down reduced, it was more like 67.
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 10:00:59 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Yes!  1981,... in Manhatten, KS,... 32 MPH in a 30MPH zone,.... NY plates on a 68 Barracuda
View Quote

Cops gotta get those K State kids…
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 10:09:42 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Not me but- when I was a young corporal riding with my gunny at camp pendelton,a LCPL   MP pulled us over and gave him a 16 in a 15 ticket

It was clearly a “I have authoritah” moment
View Quote

Not a speeding ticket but I was arrested by an E-3 MP in Berlin for having an 8-week old puppy not on a leash.  

Another “I have authoritah” moment.  I think I was his first hook so I guess I popped his cherry.  
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 10:11:02 AM EDT
[#45]
12 over. Highest I was clocked at was 28 over. Cop reduced to to 19 so I wouldnt have to go to court.
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 10:23:01 AM EDT
[#46]
3.1 MPH over in France, got two speeding camera tickets in the same day for this speed.
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 11:34:22 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

Do you have pics of your Barracuda? I had a 68 Formula S fastback, 340, pretty loaded up. I rebuilt the motor and trans, front end, AC then sold to buy a...78 Toyota PU and Suzuki RM250. I have not been able to find another one that wasn't total junk or rust bucket for less than $5000 the last time I looked I looked
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 10:02:09 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Not a speeding ticket but I was arrested by an E-3 MP in Berlin for having an 8-week old puppy not on a leash.  

Another "I have authoritah" moment.  I think I was his first hook so I guess I popped his cherry.  
View Quote
I got to turn the tables on the Navy Security guy that gave me a speeding ticket on the flight line. As he was filling out the ticket I was doing a safety inspection on his truck (I was a field mechanic at the Public Works Unit). His truck failed inspection badly so after he handed me the ticket I told him to clear out his gear because my assistant was taking his truck to the shop.

A couple hours later I was back out on the flight line and he was walking his post.
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 10:28:06 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
1 mph over on Ft. Campbell, KY.    I think the speed limit was 30.
View Quote

18 in a 15. $165 ticket had to be paid in 3 days or kicked off base.
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 6:50:47 AM EDT
[#50]
We were on Daytona Beach with a friend driving, and I think the speed limit was 10 mph, and she got lectured by a cop for doing around 12 mph.
She didn't get a ticket, but if she had, she would have framed it!
I can understand though, because there are a lot of pedestrians around.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top