Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 11/13/2019 12:05:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Heard there's at least 10 or 11 provinces inside China right now that want to break away as well. We're only hearing about HK right now, everything else is being heavily suppressed in China. China has its hands full..
View Quote
No country devotes as much of their defense spending to internal security as China does because it’s a stable country.
Link Posted: 11/13/2019 12:22:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Heard there's at least 10 or 11 provinces inside China right now that want to break away as well. We're only hearing about HK right now, everything else is being heavily suppressed in China. China has its hands full..
View Quote
I sure hope so!
Link Posted: 11/13/2019 12:31:45 AM EDT
[#3]
When the world get tired of paying attention and they are sure they have complete control of communication during the event.   Then it'll happen quietly and quickly and there won't be enough blood and drama for the news networks to feed on.
Link Posted: 11/13/2019 12:41:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
That’s CCP propaganda, HK is WAY more important than they want to admit.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

From what I've been watching I'm not so sure that's the case.  Hong Kong's importance is way down w/ the other special economic zone cities like Shenzhen they've created.
That’s CCP propaganda, HK is WAY more important than they want to admit.
Correct. HK dollar is backed by actual value.

The yuan is manipulated to hell in currency markets and it's still a turd. China's currency is a lie, their GDP is a lie, their growth is a lie. When those lies come tumbling down, as they're already starting to, the HK $ will be an enormously important storehouse of value for them. They're not gonna destroy it, but they're not gonna let it go, either.

The numbers I read were that HK was 25% of China's GDP in 1999, but now is only 3%. When China's stock market, real estate market, and currency all blow up, we'll see that HK is worth way more than that 3% bullshit they're saying right now.
Link Posted: 11/13/2019 2:37:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Attachment Attached File
Took this about 45 min ago.
Link Posted: 11/13/2019 2:38:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/13/2019 3:22:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Hong Kong protests: ‘special police’ unit will be unveiled this week to ease pressure on embattled force, sources say

Chief Executive Carrie Lam Cheng Yuet-ngor is expected this week to announce the unprecedented move, made under public-order legislation that allows her to authorise the police commissioner to appoint “special constables”.

A senior police source said force chief Stephen Lo Wai-chung was preparing to officially appoint the new team, which would be largely drawn from a response unit that deals with prison riots and would help protect key locations in the city such as Lam’s official residence.

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/law-and-crime/article/3037425/hong-kong-protests-special-police-unit-will-be

‘Sliding into an abyss’: Beijing’s top office in Hong Kong urges stronger crackdown against unrest

Beijing’s liaison office in Hong Kong says the city is “sliding into the abyss of terrorism” and a harsher crackdown is needed to end the unrest and restore order.

The warning comes as the financial hub reels from some of the worst violence since massive anti-government protests started five months ago, as the number of protesters arrested since Monday surpassed that of the whole previous week.

This week, a protester was shot by police, a man was set on fire, roads were blocked and university campuses turned into battlegrounds.

As the Hong Kong government struggles to calm the public and stop the violence, Beijing has again thrown its weight behind the city’s administration and police force, urging them to take tougher action.

In a statement late Tuesday, the liaison office said it “resolutely supports the Hong Kong government in adopting every necessary measure to end the unrest and restore order as soon as possible, arrest the criminals and severely punish their violent acts”.

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/politics/article/3037495/sliding-abyss-beijings-top-office-hong-kong-urges-stronger

https://imgur.com/a/0MxHtIO

Link Posted: 11/13/2019 3:31:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/13/2019 3:44:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/13/2019 4:11:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/13/2019 11:58:59 AM EDT
[#11]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I know it sounds silly and wishful thinking, but I would totally send several ARs, handguns, and cans of ammo to Hong Kong protesters if there were any way to do so.

I just hope that the protesters (most of whom seem to be students) are smart enough to have been reaching out to the criminal underground, and are attempting to arm themselves.  Hopefully they have learned some lessons from the students who were killed at Tiannamon Square.
I don't think you're alone. I also think if your filibustering became known, you'd have an INTERPOL Red Notice placed on you in record time.
I wonder what weapons would be the most useful for them?

I would think lots of suppressed pistols and explosives/detonators would be the best. Allow you to blend in and then cause mayhem.
Airdrop of FP-45 Liberators

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/33/Pistol_FP-45_02.jpg/375px-Pistol_FP-45_02.jpg
Ammo drops would be better. They can print their own modern liberators!
Link Posted: 11/13/2019 12:09:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Undercover cops, agents provocateur, just like the FBI does it.

The people of HK who are interested in freedom need to go big or go home.
Link Posted: 11/13/2019 12:50:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 11/13/2019 12:58:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Agreed
View Quote
Incrementalism works both ways.

Riots and protests are the new normal in HK...how much longer can the CCP keep this from the bulk of China, which they have to this point.

But, if the protestors go all in Tet-style, what do to they get and what are they risking?
Link Posted: 11/13/2019 1:02:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Video at date link of clashes at University.

Link Posted: 11/13/2019 1:09:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Riots and protests are the new normal in HK...how much longer can the CCP keep this from the bulk of China, which they have to this point.

But, if the protestors go all in Tet-style, what do to they get and what are they risking?
View Quote
Since we're revisiting history...maybe Trump will go all Berlin airlift...
Link Posted: 11/13/2019 1:18:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
If I was Trump, I'd kick out every kid from Shanghai and Beijing, and only allow CCP Princelings and HKers, and only let go to Christian universities.

And, I'd make a bunch of Taiping Rebellion references.
Link Posted: 11/13/2019 1:24:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
If I was Trump, I'd kick out every kid from Shanghai and Beijing, and only allow CCP Princelings and HKers, and only let go to Christian universities.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Confucius Institutes need to be looked at.
Link Posted: 11/13/2019 1:29:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote
My and in-laws are from HK. MIL is very pro-CCP, and FIL the complete opposite. Wife thinks of herself as very practical and she disagrees with the protestors, mostly because they’re disrupting life for their fellow citizens. She’s of the thought that if you can make a living, then you’re ok. Sort of like here, where as long as Cable TV works, most people don’t really care about the abuses of government.

I see it as, the longer the protests drag on, the more people are inconvenienced, and the less sympathy they’ll have for this movement. The people of HK need to choose sides, and the only way they’ll do that is with a full insurgency going on.
Link Posted: 11/13/2019 1:29:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 11/13/2019 1:37:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote
Or closed.
Link Posted: 11/13/2019 1:38:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 11/13/2019 1:40:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 11/13/2019 1:48:48 PM EDT
[#24]
???????????????? ??????????
Link Posted: 11/13/2019 1:49:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote
A lot of the commenters are saying the university holds a major internet hub for HK.
Link Posted: 11/13/2019 1:51:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote
When Asian people say shit like “I will lay down my life to defend,” they tend to mean it.

Good luck and Godspeed to the freedom seekers in HK.  You’ve already won.
Link Posted: 11/13/2019 1:52:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Or closed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or closed.
Don’t destroy what you could co-opt.
Link Posted: 11/13/2019 2:12:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or closed.
True.
Btw, now would be an excellent time for Taiwan to declare it's independence from China
Link Posted: 11/13/2019 2:18:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote
The democrat presidential hopeful are hiding from this hoping nobody notices
Link Posted: 11/13/2019 2:18:45 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

True.
Btw, now would be an excellent time for Taiwan to declare it's independence from China
View Quote
I doubt Taiwan will ever do that unless there is a complete loss of state control in Beijing.
Link Posted: 11/13/2019 2:41:18 PM EDT
[#31]
I wish the protestors the best.  I have a coworker that considers HK home.  He's a good dude.

Right now, I think the Chinese government is in a bind.  After seeing the clips from their big military parade to celebrate the CCP's birthday, we definitely know hardliners are in charge.  That stuff is straight out of the old Soviet playbook.  Their instinct is going to be roll tanks through the streets/over the protestors until the protests/riots stop.  With too much attention on HK from the world, they can't realistically do that without triggering a bigger crisis.

Obviously, we've seen mainland military police forces start turning up.  Now they're standing up that "special police force" that's intended for dealing with prison riots.  They are ready to engage in heavy action.

The hardliners are going to want examples made of the protestors, so I don't think they will quietly roll up leaders until the rest chill out.  I suspect they will try to embed some false flag actors with the protestors to instigate escalation.  Maybe a bomb/chem attack on innocents, driving a truck into the police/military lines, something that the CCP can point to as proof of escalation of violence.  Something the world media can show endlessly as "the protestors have become terrorists!"  At that point, the gloves will come off their "police" and they'll start high-profile mass detentions/arrests under the pretense of public safety.  If the false flag is gruesome enough, maybe the protestors walk away to not be involved anymore, making the roll up easy.  Or they push back hard, at which point tanks, APCs, and infantry start rolling into HK to "restore order".

It's high stakes; if the state actor gets outed before carrying out their deed, then protests intensify and I think HK break-away becomes a possibility.  If it comes out after, won't matter, no one will be listening at that point.

I surmise they really hope media attention will go away, and the protestors will just fizzle without new provocations on the Chinese side.  That just depends on a lot of things working out at the same time: distracting global event, Chinese "police" not getting jumpy, protestors not getting more aggressive.  Someone always fucks something up though.
Link Posted: 11/13/2019 3:19:05 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I doubt Taiwan will ever do that unless there is a complete loss of state control in Beijing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

True.
I agree, the Taiwanese I know are reticent to say much about it at all, other than when I directly question them and they all have told me they do not consider themselves as Chinese, strictly Taiwanese.
I think they just hope that China never pushes the issue and leaves them alone.
Link Posted: 11/13/2019 3:23:20 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I agree, the Taiwanese I know are reticent to say much about it at all, other than when I directly question them and they all have told me they do not consider themselves as Chinese, strictly Taiwanese.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

True.
Maybe they’ll get a pony, too.
Link Posted: 11/13/2019 3:25:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
It's high stakes; if the state actor gets outed before carrying out their deed, then protests intensify and I think HK break-away becomes a possibility.
View Quote
As much as I really think that would be outstanding, I just don't see how it could ever come to pass. China has the right to absorb Hong Kong totally into their system of government in a couple decades. If they had only shown patience, they would have had the moral right to claim, hey, we followed the law and gave everyone the time to adjust to what we are now doing.
China still has the legal right to do whatever it wants as soon and the 50 year contract expires, they can make it go smoothly, or contentiously, but it's going to happen.
Link Posted: 11/13/2019 3:25:51 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

True.
There is an argument that the CCP likes Taiwan just the way it, to rheostat our behavior while allowing it a free hand to deal with internal dissidents, while all the while claiming a continuing mandate for the CCP because of the "unfinished business" of Taiwan.
Link Posted: 11/13/2019 3:27:14 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

As much as I really think that would be outstanding, I just don't see how it could ever come to pass. China has the right to absorb Hong Kong totally into their system of government in a couple decades. If they had only shown patience, they would have had the moral right to claim, hey, we followed the law and gave everyone the time to adjust to what we are now doing.
China still has the legal right to do whatever it wants as soon and the 50 year contract expires, they can make it go smoothly, or contentiously, but it's going to happen.
View Quote
Assuming they are around in 50 years without a significant challenge to their rule, which would make them among dynasties, especially if you view the CCP as an extension of the Qing.
Link Posted: 11/13/2019 3:27:36 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

True.
I think they are living in denial. My wife tells me they all know the timeline China has for invasion, but nobody seems to be doing anything to prepare.
If nothing else, she would be smart in having her family start to store some of their wealth here in the USA. If she was really really smart, she would suggest to her Brother-in-law to have their upcoming child born here.
Link Posted: 11/13/2019 3:29:30 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Assuming they are around in 50 years without a significant challenge to their rule, which would make them among dynasties, especially if you view the CCP as an extension of the Qing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, they are halfway there already. That being said, I was going to mention something similar. As strong as they appear to be, they do have many internal and external challenges to face, most of those caused by themselves.
Link Posted: 11/13/2019 4:06:39 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Well, they are halfway there already. That being said, I was going to mention something similar. As strong as they appear to be, they do have many internal and external challenges to face, most of those caused by themselves.
View Quote
There hasn't been a successful invasion of China in a long time, even when China was weak. Yet, whenever China seems to get its shit together to rule the world, the wheels come off the wagon.

The modern Chinese have never known want or privation. They don't build to last, and the lubrication of the entire system is bribes, kickbacks and extortion.

I guess that works, as long as the rest of the world is footing the bill.
Link Posted: 11/13/2019 4:07:51 PM EDT
[#40]
Those living in glass houses shouldn’t throw rocks.
Link Posted: 11/13/2019 4:17:24 PM EDT
[#41]
When, I really can't say but regardless the people are on borrowed time. Come 2047 any freedom loving Chinese still in Hong Kong will disappear off the face of the earth forever. No one will dare publicly speak about it either. Hiding mass graves is an art in China.

For now all they have to do is take names.
Link Posted: 11/13/2019 6:02:45 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

My and in-laws are from HK. MIL is very pro-CCP, and FIL the complete opposite. Wife thinks of herself as very practical and she disagrees with the protestors, mostly because they’re disrupting life for their fellow citizens. She’s of the thought that if you can make a living, then you’re ok. Sort of like here, where as long as Cable TV works, most people don’t really care about the abuses of government.

I see it as, the longer the protests drag on, the more people are inconvenienced, and the less sympathy they’ll have for this movement. The people of HK need to choose sides, and the only way they’ll do that is with a full insurgency going on.
View Quote
Given all the finance workers I saw cheering yesterday as one of the Chinese state banks got pelted with bricks, there's still tremendous public support.
Link Posted: 11/13/2019 7:28:08 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I think they’re lost and have no idea what they’re doing.
View Quote
I’ll buy this for a dollar.
Link Posted: 11/13/2019 7:39:41 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
THIS

If the Chinese had a big enough neutron bomb they could airburst over Hong Kong to wipe out everyone without destroying anything, I'm sure they'd use it.  Hong Kong is full of those trash Cantonese speakers instead of proper Mandarin speakers anyway.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
China’s biggest issue here is collateral damage... with very, very valuable collateral.  Going in hard could cost them billions (not even considering the international response).

HK is the mother of all cash cows for a China.  They have to figure out how get the bull out the china shop (pun intended), but there’s a bunch of bulls,  they move fast, and they’re hard to tell apart from the china.  
THIS

If the Chinese had a big enough neutron bomb they could airburst over Hong Kong to wipe out everyone without destroying anything, I'm sure they'd use it.  Hong Kong is full of those trash Cantonese speakers instead of proper Mandarin speakers anyway.
That’s not how neutron bombs work.  You know neutron bombs produce?  Lots of fast neutrons.  Do you know what these neutrons do when they hit ordinary atoms?  They turn them into radioactive isotopes that are alpha, beta, and gamma emitters.
Link Posted: 11/13/2019 7:39:59 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think they’re lost and have no idea what they’re doing.
If they ever get their shit together, watch out.
Link Posted: 11/13/2019 7:46:44 PM EDT
[#46]
Shut down the power and water for few days.....let the HKers to fight it out. Hong Kong doesn't produce its power, water, food or fuel.

Simple as that.....maybe still not enough for the average Afcommers....
Link Posted: 11/14/2019 5:34:58 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 11/14/2019 5:48:16 AM EDT
[#48]
Hong Kong no more to stand with China. They needs independence.

DONALD TRUMP DON’T TRUST CHINA, CHINA IS ASSHOE!
Link Posted: 11/14/2019 5:50:31 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 11/14/2019 5:54:33 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

True.
View Quote
View Quote
View Quote
View Quote
I think they are living in denial. My wife tells me they all know the timeline China has for invasion, but nobody seems to be doing anything to prepare.
If nothing else, she would be smart in having her family start to store some of their wealth here in the USA. If she was really really smart, she would suggest to her Brother-in-law to have their upcoming child born here.
View Quote
Probably think what’s the point. They’ve already got enough of a military to be a serious speedbump and deterrent. What else is there to do? They can’t afford enough of a military to directly engage and defeat China without reverting to a KMT dictatorship run by efficient militarists hellbent on wrecking Beijing, with all other financial concerns secondary.

At this point, if China decides to force the issue, they hold off China long enough for the USN to arrive and China gets buttfucked. Or, the US decides not to intervene and Taiwan gets buttfucked. And there’s not much Taiwan can do about it except preemptively surrender.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top