Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 74
Link Posted: 3/10/2019 9:09:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Rossi] [#1]
Found this video that defends the great flood.   It even shows geological evidence of a worldwide cataclysmic event.

However, one thing that "nags" me is that they describe a world ending-type event involving dinosaurs and other creatures that would have lived much before men walked earth.

So, how does Noah's timeframe (and the animals he supposedly saved) coincide with it?

Noah's Flood and Catastrophic Plate Tectonics (from Pangea to Today) ver. 1.1

Unless I am missing something?

ETA to add this video also worth watching.

5 Amazing Finds Beneath the Sands of the Sahara
Link Posted: 3/10/2019 9:20:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Rossi:

We have seen several examples along History showing some groups trying to erase others in order to get absolute power.  Like you said, it could have been a long time making people forget, or someone intentionally erasing evidence that went against his/her interests.

Nowadays we see this blatantly happening and we have ubiquitous information that makes it more difficult.  But it still happens.

Imagine in a time when documenting stuff was in the hands of a few and those few under a despotic ruler who did not like people questioning him/her.

Romans set the Alexandrias's library ablaze and wiped out unimaginable History and knowledge.  Imagine what else was either wiped out or changed to conform to someone's desires.

Then add to several folks nowadays putting their personal interests above the real facts and findings.

I am leaning towards the "very old" timeline (pre-flood) for at least part of its (possibly several others) construction, until we can get really solid evidence about what really happened there.
View Quote
The Egyptians did lie to make their civilization seem older than it was. In their worldview, Egypt was this ancient great civilization that stretched back to the dawn of time, and the people in classical Egypt saw themselves as being at the zenith of the greatest race and civilization on earth. The idea that they had inherited their entire culture from a previous civilization and were essentially squatters probably wouldn't have sat well with them.
Link Posted: 3/11/2019 12:12:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/11/2019 7:04:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Found this video that defends the great flood.   It even shows geological evidence of a worldwide cataclysmic event.

However, one thing that "nags" me is that they describe a world ending-type event involving dinosaurs and other creatures that would have lived much before men walked earth.

So, how does Noah's timeframe (and the animals he supposedly saved) coincide with it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8SCjn1hubc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpSI-dsEk3k
View Quote
I believe in an old earth, but I also believe it's possible that dinosaurs, at least some of them, lived in Noah's day, and after the flood, as well. Scientists have found soft tissue in dinosaur bones, which is impossible if they're more than a few thousand years old. The guy who first discovered soft tissue in a fossil was actually fired, and successfully sued the university for wrongful termination. When faced with something that didn't fit the paradigm, he did the ethical thing and published his results. But given the hostile environment, it makes you wonder how many scientists simply bury such findings for fear of losing their jobs.

In addition to that, there are ancient depictions of various dinosaurs that are too anatomically correct to be coincidences. There's also a description of something in Job called a behemoth that can't be anything other than a dinosaur.
Link Posted: 3/11/2019 8:27:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: headstoner] [#5]
headstoner will love this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WypT8RPUxg
View Quote
That is pretty awesome.

Edit: he gets a little wonky and kooky towards the end with some weird shit but I imagine that adds to his viewership through sensationalism.

That is so much cooler and impressive to me than the pyramids are, not that pyramids aren't truly amazing.
Link Posted: 3/11/2019 8:54:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By brass:
Nope, not me.  It's been noticed by lots and lots of people.   The may or may not eventually dribble out a story on one now and again, but we don't get a lot of info on the amount of "retained for research" they've taken custody over, and people have hard times finding it.  I've never tried personally, though.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By HEATSEAKER:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_tTehE4ILA
Interesting stuff about that hammer.

Also:  "if you call the professionals the artifact disappears!  I think I'll call the Smithsonian!  You call the Smithsonian and all of a sudden it's gone!".

Hey Brass, is that you?  
Nope, not me.  It's been noticed by lots and lots of people.   The may or may not eventually dribble out a story on one now and again, but we don't get a lot of info on the amount of "retained for research" they've taken custody over, and people have hard times finding it.  I've never tried personally, though.
Makes a convenient excuse for lack of evidence... I swear it’s real- those mustache twirling conspiracists took it, I swear!

...and the “I want to believe”, crowd goes wild....
Link Posted: 3/11/2019 6:53:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By TxRabbitBane:
Makes a convenient excuse for lack of evidence... I swear it’s real- those mustache twirling conspiracists took it, I swear!

View All Quotes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_tTehE4ILA
Interesting stuff about that hammer.

Also:  "if you call the professionals the artifact disappears!  I think I'll call the Smithsonian!  You call the Smithsonian and all of a sudden it's gone!".

Hey Brass, is that you?  

Back in the 70's a friend of my dad was having a foundation dug for his house in southern Ohio and the workers showed him a statue that was found in the dirt. Looked about like one of those Easter Island heads but it had a full body, about a foot in length total. He donates it to the local historical society so it can be displayed in their museum. Knowing that this is something more significant that your average arrowhead or piece of pottery one of them contacts you guessed it and they sent in a crew to rope off the area and do some additional excavating. Lucky for him nothing else was found or at least reported or his property could have been taken over as a "sacred site" as if any modern natives would have the slightest clue to the origins or purpose of this ancient thing. Yes, that little statue is now MIA. He said if he were to do it again he would have just kept his mouth shut, painted the little fucker up all pretty like, and sat it on his mantle.
Link Posted: 3/11/2019 9:06:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: brass] [#8]
Link Posted: 3/11/2019 9:33:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By headstoner:
That is pretty awesome.

Edit: he gets a little wonky and kooky towards the end with some weird shit but I imagine that adds to his viewership through sensationalism.

That is so much cooler and impressive to me than the pyramids are, not that pyramids aren't truly amazing.
View All Quotes

That is pretty awesome.

India has some amazing stonework.
Link Posted: 3/12/2019 1:32:04 AM EDT
[#10]

View Quote
Except there are probably hundreds of newspaper articles from the 19th and 20th centuries about various finds that were taken by the Smithsonian. To believe that the Smithsonian wasn't deliberately losing artifacts would necessitate believing in a vast conspiracy of reporters all bent on trying to stir up trouble for the Smithsonian.
Link Posted: 3/12/2019 2:05:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/12/2019 4:40:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: WorkDroid] [#12]
@6gunz

This guy makes a case the translated bible we read today has missed the mark for biblical timeline, due to mistranslation. Whereas the septuagint and a couple others have correct timelines: this places the flood at 3000BC then the tower of Babel when there was enough people (at a normal birth rate from 8 people) to build it. Then the pyramids come on the scene after God scattered them.

Like he says, no wonder secular archeologists and egyptologists claim the bible is BS. Even now the movie patterns of evidence is uncovering the secular denial behind the YUGE semite population found in egypt, but they say the exodus didnt happen due to a 19th century mistranslation of  hieroglyphics.

Were the Pyramids Built Before the Flood? (Masoretic Text vs. Original Hebrew)

Explanation (video 2 of 1) behind the movie "Patterns of  Evidence: Exodus"
TIME WALL [ 2 ] - PATTERNS OF EVIDENCE
Link Posted: 3/12/2019 6:05:12 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Boom_Stick:
@6gunz

This guy makes a case the translated bible we read today has missed the mark for biblical timeline, due to mistranslation. Whereas the septuagint and a couple others have correct timelines: this places the flood at 3000BC then the tower of Babel when there was enough people (at a normal birth rate from 8 people) to build it. Then the pyramids come on the scene after God scattered them.

Like he says, no wonder secular archeologists and egyptologists claim the bible is BS. Even now the movie patterns of evidence is uncovering the secular denial behind the YUGE semite population found in egypt, but they say the exodus didnt happen due to a 19th century mistranslation of  hieroglyphics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VI1yRTC6kGE

Explanation (video 2 of 1) behind the movie "Patterns of  Evidence: Exodus"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-x55kIgheA
View Quote
I can only assume they're young earthers, which I am not. I believe the earth is hundreds of millions of years old, and I think the Bible supports that conclusion.

Basically they're saying that the pyramids are built on a layer that was laid down underwater because it has marine fossiles, so therefore that layer had to have been laid down in the flood. Young earthers, while they mean well, use the flood to explain everything. I just don't think it cuts it. They make a great many wonderful points when it comes to the absurdity of academia, but I just can't reconcile what we see with an earth that's only 6,000 years old.

If you believe in an old earth, then there's no reason to assume that the pyramids are post flood. The layer they're built on could have been deposited at any time in the last few hundred million years. As for the water damage, the stones we see today wouldn't have been exposed to the flood. But the water damage we see in the enclosures, in the context of draining floodwaters, makes perfect sense.
Link Posted: 3/12/2019 8:31:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: headstoner] [#14]
Originally Posted By waterglass:

View Quote
I wonder if basalt being extrusive ( it comes out of the earth then cools to form the stone as opposed to granite being intrusive and cooling deep underground before coming to the surface as stone) helped in the creation of that. Meaning working it downwards while it was still quite hot may have aided in the carving, or reheating it to make it pliable and easier to carve.  It makes sense to me.
Link Posted: 3/12/2019 10:57:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: WorkDroid] [#15]
Originally Posted By 6GUNZ:
I can only assume they're young earthers, which I am not. I believe the earth is hundreds of millions of years old, and I think the Bible supports that conclusion.
View Quote
Not sure if he's a young earther or using it as a catch all to explain things, but Ive watched a few of his vids and never heard him mention that. You are right though and I agree the earth is far older than 6k years. The bible does support it.

If you believe in an old earth, then there's no reason to assume that the pyramids are post flood. The layer they're built on could have been deposited at any time in the last few hundred million years.
View Quote
The earths crust is pretty much built of layers and layers of sediment. Prior to the restoration ("creation") week the earth was flooded for who knows how long: genesis 1:2 and 9. Like I said earlier it was likely all frozen too before God brought about light to warm things up. ie: ice age.

Reason I believe its post flood is there would have been damage to the foundation as well. It would have been victim of horrendous currents resulting in foundation erosion. Erosion of its foundation would have resulted in some major collapse. Another reason is because of the unaffected condition it shares with all other pyramids around it that are unquestionably post flood. Lastly I think all that pyramid building started at Babel. It was mans first attempt at a huge structure recorded in the bible. I think babel was a pyramid and when God put the kibosh on it (to preserve his timeline for humanity) those people went on to settle their respective areas around the world and built similar pyramids.

Potato potato, thats my take but I am interested in your  evidence to the contrary. Any vids or links you's like to share?
Link Posted: 3/12/2019 11:46:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6GUNZ] [#16]
Originally Posted By Boom_Stick:

Not sure if he's a young earther or using it as a catch all to explain things, but Ive watched a few of his vids and never heard him mention that. You are right though and I agree the earth is far older than 6k years. The bible does support it.

The earths crust is pretty much built of layers and layers of sediment. Prior to the restoration ("creation") week the earth was flooded for who knows how long: genesis 1:2 and 9. Like I said earlier it was likely all frozen too before God brought about light to warm things up. ie: ice age.

Reason I believe its post flood is there would have been damage to the foundation as well. It would have been victim of horrendous currents resulting in foundation erosion. Erosion of its foundation would have resulted in some major collapse. Another reason is because of the unaffected condition it shares with all other pyramids around it that are unquestionably post flood. Lastly I think all that pyramid building started at Babel. It was mans first attempt at a huge structure recorded in the bible. I think babel was a pyramid and when God put the kibosh on it (to preserve his timeline for humanity) those people went on to settle their respective areas around the world and built similar pyramids.

Potato potato, thats my take but I am interested in your  evidence to the contrary. Any vids or links you's like to share?
View Quote
The foundation of the pyramids at Giza is the bedrock itself. They're not even sure how much of the volume is actually bedrock vs quarried stone. I also don't see any reason to assume the other two pyramids are post flood. All indications are that there were probably lots of pyramids in the pre flood world. It would seem their civilization back then was based on some kind of worldwide Tesla like power grid.

I know I've mentioned this already, but in mythology there is a link between the pyramids and the tower of Babel. But since you brought it up, I'll summarize it real quick.

Josephus says there were two pyramids built before the flood, one out of stone (the great pyramid), and one out of clay brick. The clay brick pyramid was destroyed.

The implication is that the tower of Babel was meant to rebuild the lost clay brick pyramid that had been destroyed in the flood. According to legend, Nimrod fully expected that God would flood the earth again in order to stop him from succeeding, just like he had stopped the pre flood civilization from succeeding in whatever it was they were doing. So he built a fifty foot high wall around the tower of Babel, since the flood waters were said to only be about forty feet high.

The main idea here is that if Nimrod expected his actions to trigger another flood, it only makes sense that he knew he was repeating the thing that had triggered the first flood.

Now the Bible says the tower of Babel was meant to reach the heavens. We think of heavens as heaven, but in the Bible there are multiple heavens, and one heaven that it talks about is the dimension that contains the imprisoned fallen angels. "Heavens" is really the Bible's way of saying other dimensions. So, according to a literal interpretation of scripture, they were trying to reach other dimensions with the tower of Babel, as opposed to being simpletons who thought heaven was up in the clouds and could be reached with a tall tower. That wasn't peoples' idea of "heaven" back then anyways. Especially in Babylonian thought, their heaven was in the underworld, just like the Greeks and Egyptians, so heaven for them was subterranean, not atmospheric. If they thought they could literally reach heaven by conventional means, spatially speaking, they would have dug a giant mine shaft, as opposed to building a tower.

Then you have the emerald tablets, which say the great pyramid's original function was to free the gods who were trapped in the underworld. These were the same gods who had built the pre flood civilization, and were judged and imprisoned by God about a thousand years before the flood.

So the complete picture you get is that the people before the flood built the two pyramids as part of some kind of interdimensional portal intended to free their gods from Tartarus. God prevents them from doing that with the flood, but then Nimrod tries to pick up where they left off, in an attempt to reestablish the Atlantean golden age by getting their old gods back. Then God confuses their language and that puts a sudden stop to things.

The mere idea that confusing their language stopped the project makes it seem like it was more than just a simple tower. Especially if they were building it using pre flood documents written in a language that they could no longer understand.

Josephus said that the great pyramid was at least in part to preserve pre flood knowledge. So when it became clear they weren't going to finish the project before the flood destroyed them, they may have written down all their technological knowledge and stored it in the great pyramid so that people on the other side of the flood could pick up where they left off. The apocrypha does say that post flood descendants of Ham went and dug up a pre flood city, and found what it calls the forbidden knowledge of the watchers in that city.
Link Posted: 3/12/2019 10:21:37 PM EDT
[#17]
I believe in an old earth, but I also believe it's possible that dinosaurs, at least some of them, lived in Noah's day, and after the flood, as well. Scientists have found soft tissue in dinosaur bones, which is impossible if they're more than a few thousand years old. The guy who first discovered soft tissue in a fossil was actually fired, and successfully sued the university for wrongful termination. When faced with something that didn't fit the paradigm, he did the ethical thing and published his results. But given the hostile environment, it makes you wonder how many scientists simply bury such findings for fear of losing their jobs.

In addition to that, there are ancient depictions of various dinosaurs that are too anatomically correct to be coincidences. There's also a description of something in Job called a behemoth that can't be anything other than a dinosaur.
View All Quotes

Interesting.  First time I hear this possibility, which is not too far fetched, since we will have some animals like the sturgeon, which lives to this day.  So, it might be possible that some could be still alive at that time and even help fueling some of the legends e read about nowadays.

Nevertheless, if that video's author is correct, that flood he described and backed by geological evidence happened way before Noah.   It does not mean a big flood happened in Noah's time.  It just might not have been global as believed.

And as far as data that do not match the expectations being buried, I do not have any doubts about it.  Just loom at the current "climate change" debacle.  I just wonder all the stuff buried or burned in the past (and not so recent past).
Link Posted: 3/12/2019 10:24:29 PM EDT
[#18]
That is pretty awesome.

View All Quotes

That is pretty awesome.

They all pull some of the sensationalism playbook in order to catch more views.

Whoever designed and managed that project had to have excellent 3D view and imagination as well as tools to plan how and where to dig on that mountain.

Execution was awesome, but the planning puts it far behind.
Link Posted: 3/12/2019 10:33:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 12:27:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: waterglass] [#20]
I wonder if basalt being extrusive ( it comes out of the earth then cools to form the stone as opposed to granite being intrusive and cooling deep underground before coming to the surface as stone) helped in the creation of that. Meaning working it downwards while it was still quite hot may have aided in the carving, or reheating it to make it pliable and easier to carve.  It makes sense to me.
View All Quotes

I tend to think it was heat or some chemical concoction that caused the stone to turn into mush. I tend to lean towards chemicals. The fact that the waste stone isn't found makes me think whatever they hauled out was washed away by rain or even used for something else, like agriculture or cement.

I think the scoop marks in aswan and other places suggest stone softening. Same with the saw marks. I figure they were using some caustic to do the softening and the blade just removed the material. How else are they gonna remove so much stone with each revolution of the drill or pass of the saw?
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 12:30:07 AM EDT
[#21]

I tend to think it was heat or some chemical concoction that caused the stone to turn into mush. I tend to learn towards chemicals. The fact that the waste stone isn't found makes me think whatever they hauled out was washed away by rain or even used for something else, like agriculture or cement.
View Quote
Whatever they did it looks awesome.
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 12:58:50 AM EDT
[#22]
View All Quotes

I tend to think it was heat or some chemical concoction that caused the stone to turn into mush. I tend to learn towards chemicals. The fact that the waste stone isn't found makes me think whatever they hauled out was washed away by rain or even used for something else, like agriculture or cement.
There is a different temple that has an 80 ton carved granite capstone roof on top of the 200 feet+ tall structure. I can't think of the name of it, but it is gorgeous. I think it might be Brihadeswara Temple
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 1:09:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: brass] [#23]
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 2:00:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SIMJEDI] [#24]
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 2:11:34 AM EDT
[#25]

Is there a work covering this?   Sounds fascinating and a take I've sort of heard of, but not so complete.   Thanks.
View Quote
Not to my knowledge. I mean, to understand it you have to read a bunch of different mythologies. Like for example if you were to read the emerald tablets without having really studied the Bible and Greek mythology you would just be like WTF does any of this mean.

Lots of different names for the same thing. Like Thoth becomes Semjaza in Enoch, or Hermes in Greek mythology. The Halls of Aventi are Tartarus in Greek, possibly Abaddon in Hebrew, the bottomless pit in the New Testament, maybe Abzu in Akkadian.
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 2:23:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: brass] [#26]
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 10:15:57 AM EDT
[#27]

Very Small bits of it are also mentioned in a couple Neal Stephenson novels, Snow Crash being one, but a different thing, centered around Middle East, It's SciFi, but he does good research.  Other character names and such, you'd probably like some of his books, Diamond Age or  Snow Crash (long, in depth) to start, many to choose from, only the first one really sucks.  Snow Crash is, in part, what made the Internet how it is today, every geek read it.  Came out in mid 90s, and the way web design went to current can be seen when you listen to the book, though the book goes further with capabilities.  Google actually stole "Earth" from him for the software he used in the book with the exact same (but live) function.

So, congrats, your post reminded me of that more than other things I could recall directly that had them combined.   You've studied more of this than I, and I've read a lot.
View Quote
It's like trying to drink from a fire hose. But the more you read, the more this cohesive image of the past kind of emerges from all the chaos. You realize pretty quickly that all the ancients were talking about the same things, just from different perspectives.

What makes it most frustrating is that there's a lot of intentional contradictions, used as allusions. Mythology, the Bible especially, is trying to tell a story from multiple dimensions. The Bible is by far the worst (or best, depending on how you look at it). They also viewed time as being cyclical, and viewed events and people as archetypes that kept repeating themselves. It's very good at communicating a big picture view of things that are beyond human understanding, but at the same time it's very frustrating when you're trying to pin down details.
Link Posted: 3/15/2019 3:05:33 AM EDT
[#28]
Khufu, the Magician and the Sacred Book: Who Was Pharaoh Khufu of Egypt? | Ancient Architects
Link Posted: 3/15/2019 4:16:11 AM EDT
[#29]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XXHU-4JJ3s
View Quote
That is some fascinating stuff right there. There were some things about the story of the temple layout in Heliopolis that make it sound like maybe the great pyramid was the temple in question, and what he was really looking for was a diagram of the internal chambers, and maybe the subterranean passages and chambers that are said to connect the pyramid to some underground hall of records. That would further suggest that maybe Khufu just rebuilt something that was already there.

It's also interesting how Khufu seems to be this enigmatic character, kind of like King Arthur or Gilgamesh. Maybe there was no real Khufu, or maybe the Khufu we know was named after an older, legendary Khufu. I've kind of thought that's probably the case with Gilgamesh, that the Gilgamesh from the Babylonian king's list isn't the Gilgamesh of legend, but was simply named after him. That could be a very good explanation for why Khufu was falsely attributed having originally built the pyramids.

Could also be that he was simply given the name Khufu, in addition to his apparent other names, to signify his work on the pyramid. There could very well be two Khufus, a legendary one who built the pyramid, and another who restored it.
Link Posted: 3/15/2019 7:50:06 PM EDT
[#30]

View Quote
there are fossils of mans footprint inside dino prints... and when i googled mammal fossils the other night, their is apparently almost as many mammal fossils as dino fossils. old earth evolution says the mammals and dinos werent supposed to be around at teh same time...  so if you discount old earth, the vid may not be as far fetched as you think.... long story long, the evolutionists arent as "openminded as they think... their religion is the only correct one....
Link Posted: 3/16/2019 3:29:04 AM EDT
[#31]
That is some fascinating stuff right there. There were some things about the story of the temple layout in Heliopolis that make it sound like maybe the great pyramid was the temple in question, and what he was really looking for was a diagram of the internal chambers, and maybe the subterranean passages and chambers that are said to connect the pyramid to some underground hall of records. That would further suggest that maybe Khufu just rebuilt something that was already there.

It's also interesting how Khufu seems to be this enigmatic character, kind of like King Arthur or Gilgamesh. Maybe there was no real Khufu, or maybe the Khufu we know was named after an older, legendary Khufu. I've kind of thought that's probably the case with Gilgamesh, that the Gilgamesh from the Babylonian king's list isn't the Gilgamesh of legend, but was simply named after him. That could be a very good explanation for why Khufu was falsely attributed having originally built the pyramids.

Could also be that he was simply given the name Khufu, in addition to his apparent other names, to signify his work on the pyramid. There could very well be two Khufus, a legendary one who built the pyramid, and another who restored it.
View All Quotes

I thought you might appreciate it. Goes with the current flow of the thread.
Link Posted: 3/16/2019 3:49:05 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 3/16/2019 4:05:34 AM EDT
[#33]
I like that one.   I wish there were more coverage of other pyramids with a bit of depth to them, history, etc.

#10 on this list I haven't heard of  Largest one, but not discovered until 1923, and still not "A thing".   The non-Giza ones in Egypt may be interesting as they're open and I don't know their floorplans/internal makeup (which might give a clue for those at Giza).  There are others, but not uch is mentioned about them as they don't have the "mystery" to them, while still amazing and full of Amazing construction, as those in India.

The trivia summaries are great, and I still have no idea how the ones in india were done so precisely, or if there are any that were done 'wrong', etc.   It's really hard to search for them when you don't have a clue what to look for, so I keep learning about Giza, which is getting a touch old, but they're still interesting theories.
View All Quotes
I like that one.   I wish there were more coverage of other pyramids with a bit of depth to them, history, etc.

#10 on this list I haven't heard of  Largest one, but not discovered until 1923, and still not "A thing".   The non-Giza ones in Egypt may be interesting as they're open and I don't know their floorplans/internal makeup (which might give a clue for those at Giza).  There are others, but not uch is mentioned about them as they don't have the "mystery" to them, while still amazing and full of Amazing construction, as those in India.

The trivia summaries are great, and I still have no idea how the ones in india were done so precisely, or if there are any that were done 'wrong', etc.   It's really hard to search for them when you don't have a clue what to look for, so I keep learning about Giza, which is getting a touch old, but they're still interesting theories.
Cfapp on youtube covers all of the Egyptian pyramids concisely and seems like a fairhanded fellow. I'll post some of his videos.

I'm open to Go into India if you like, but chances are good there will be even less satisfactory information on their monuments. Artistically their are many amazing works there and the mythology is interesting.

The temple I mentioned above is 200 feet tall and never casts a shadow. It has 80 ton cap stone and a 25 ton gondola on top of it.
Link Posted: 3/16/2019 4:15:14 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 3/16/2019 4:36:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: waterglass] [#35]
I still haven't been able to find that one.  However, I've found India has a crapload of Amazing shrines and temples.
View All Quotes

Cfapp on youtube covers all of the Egyptian pyramids concisely and seems like a fairhanded fellow. I'll post some of his videos.

I'm open to Go into India if you like, but chances are good there will be even less satisfactory information on their monuments. Artistically their are many amazing works there and the mythology is interesting.

The temple I mentioned above is 200 feet tall and never casts a shadow. It has 80 ton cap stone and a 25 ton gondola on top of it.
I still haven't been able to find that one.  However, I've found India has a crapload of Amazing shrines and temples.
There isn't much on youtube about it. I found this.

The Mysterious 'Vimana' of the Brihadeeswara temple 'The Big Temple'

An interesting take on the purpose of these temples.
Konark Sun Temple Is NOT a Hindu Temple

Supposedly there was a 50 ton magnet in the top of the destroyed main temple of kornark that levitated an iron statue.

Strange Origins of a Masterpiece - The Konark Sun Temple
Link Posted: 3/16/2019 5:12:08 AM EDT
[#36]

I thought you might appreciate it. Goes with the current flow of the thread.
View Quote
More and more I'm starting to think that Khufu is the Egyptian King Arthur. I'm genuinely starting to wonder if he ever existed at all, or if he's just a legend, or even a legend based on a legend.

I mean, four thousand years from now, how are people going to interpret the King Arthur legends, assuming all they have to go on is the little information from the medieval period. I think more than likely they would probably assume he was the same personage as Charlemagne, just by a different name.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 7:56:10 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 7:01:00 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 7:30:48 AM EDT
[#39]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oASuMDBPjBI
View Quote
He makes good points. I agree that the Giza plateau was built at the same time. I think it was done in stages, but all done by the same people in the same general project. Kind of like how a modern power plant is built with expansion in mind, with the possibility of adding more reactors in the near future.

It all seems entirely functional to me, rather than aesthetic or religious. I think it took on religious meaning in Egypt since it was a remnant of the golden age, but at the time that it was built I doubt it had any more significance than a dam or nuclear reactor does to us. I mean, the Sphinx is the only thing there that's at all aesthetic, and there's no evidence that it was there in Sphinx form when the pyramids were built. It could have easily been something entirely practical, then the Sphinx was added on later ad hoc style by the Egyptians. Even if the Sphinx was there, it could have just been a dedication thing. I mean, go to any large dam in the world and you'll see monuments commemorating the building.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 10:12:07 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By saltydecimator:
there are fossils of mans footprint inside dino prints... and when i googled mammal fossils the other night, their is apparently almost as many mammal fossils as dino fossils. old earth evolution says the mammals and dinos werent supposed to be around at teh same time...  so if you discount old earth, the vid may not be as far fetched as you think.... long story long, the evolutionists arent as "openminded as they think... their religion is the only correct one....
View All Quotes

"old earth evolution says the mammals and dinos werent supposed to be around at teh same time"

Link Posted: 3/18/2019 4:27:33 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By exDefensorMilitas:
"old earth evolution says the mammals and dinos werent supposed to be around at teh same time"

View All Quotes

The mighty opossum would beg to differ.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 4:43:47 PM EDT
[#42]
The smithsonian gobbled up thousands of artifacts that were uncovered by the settlers, ranchers, farmers during the rush to the american west.  Skeletons of giants, evidence of vikings in minnesota, evidence of eqyptians in the grand canyon area.

They've got top men working on it as we speak....  TOP MEN.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 9:53:47 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 9:58:27 PM EDT
[#44]
I watched a documentary years ago on some temple in India that had like three huge doors and one couldn’t be opened because of some end of the world curse or something to that effect. It peaked my interest in all this and have been interested in this sort of stuff since then.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 10:12:35 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 10:23:48 PM EDT
[#46]

piqued.

piqued your interest.

Shitpost with dignity man!  Stay and have some fun with ideas.
View Quote
Found it:

Temple of a Doom with lots of money.
Link Posted: 3/19/2019 12:04:10 AM EDT
[#47]
I remember seeing these skulls in the museum in Caracas.
Paracas DNA Results: March 2019 Update
Link Posted: 3/19/2019 1:12:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: waterglass] [#48]
View All Quotes

I remember reading as a kid that there were large mammal like land animals that were impossible to definitely classify that either pre-dated or were contemporary with the first lizards, which are what evolved into dinosaurs while the mammal like animals seemed to go extinct. They weren't classified as lizards or mammals, but mammal like.

IIRC the mammals of today can be traced back 20,000,000 years before the extinction of dinosaurs. though they never really went extinct, they evolved into birds.

Up until relatively recently there were predatory birds bigger than the Utah Raptor of Jurassic Park fame. They just didn't have the tails.
Link Posted: 3/19/2019 2:05:14 AM EDT
[#49]
The guy from the video posted above explains why "Only Scholars" are involved:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHLuOH6j9Mw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHLuOH6j9Mw
View Quote
Professional historians and archeologists say dumb stuff all the time, and it never hurts their career. They can say all the dumb, unsupported things they want, as long as it jives with the party line.
Link Posted: 3/19/2019 2:10:18 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 74
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top