Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 74
Link Posted: 3/19/2019 2:54:30 AM EDT
[#1]
The nazi's sent their teams out to uncover the truth and they ended up in Antarctica. That's where the story is.
Link Posted: 3/19/2019 4:55:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 4v50:
I remember seeing these skulls in the museum in Caracas.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Udwo8Kvvp6Y
View Quote
If this is true it is time to discount western acidemia as useless unless it is applied STEM.

It is also time to flush out anyone other than the absolutely apolitical from research and publication on speculative subjects.
Link Posted: 3/19/2019 5:19:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By 6GUNZ:

The foundation of the pyramids at Giza is the bedrock itself. They're not even sure how much of the volume is actually bedrock vs quarried stone. I also don't see any reason to assume the other two pyramids are post flood. All indications are that there were probably lots of pyramids in the pre flood world. It would seem their civilization back then was based on some kind of worldwide Tesla like power grid.

I know I've mentioned this already, but in mythology there is a link between the pyramids and the tower of Babel. But since you brought it up, I'll summarize it real quick.

Josephus says there were two pyramids built before the flood, one out of stone (the great pyramid), and one out of clay brick. The clay brick pyramid was destroyed.

The implication is that the tower of Babel was meant to rebuild the lost clay brick pyramid that had been destroyed in the flood. According to legend, Nimrod fully expected that God would flood the earth again in order to stop him from succeeding, just like he had stopped the pre flood civilization from succeeding in whatever it was they were doing. So he built a fifty foot high wall around the tower of Babel, since the flood waters were said to only be about forty feet high.

The main idea here is that if Nimrod expected his actions to trigger another flood, it only makes sense that he knew he was repeating the thing that had triggered the first flood.

Now the Bible says the tower of Babel was meant to reach the heavens. We think of heavens as heaven, but in the Bible there are multiple heavens, and one heaven that it talks about is the dimension that contains the imprisoned fallen angels. "Heavens" is really the Bible's way of saying other dimensions. So, according to a literal interpretation of scripture, they were trying to reach other dimensions with the tower of Babel, as opposed to being simpletons who thought heaven was up in the clouds and could be reached with a tall tower. That wasn't peoples' idea of "heaven" back then anyways. Especially in Babylonian thought, their heaven was in the underworld, just like the Greeks and Egyptians, so heaven for them was subterranean, not atmospheric. If they thought they could literally reach heaven by conventional means, spatially speaking, they would have dug a giant mine shaft, as opposed to building a tower.

Then you have the emerald tablets, which say the great pyramid's original function was to free the gods who were trapped in the underworld. These were the same gods who had built the pre flood civilization, and were judged and imprisoned by God about a thousand years before the flood.

So the complete picture you get is that the people before the flood built the two pyramids as part of some kind of interdimensional portal intended to free their gods from Tartarus. God prevents them from doing that with the flood, but then Nimrod tries to pick up where they left off, in an attempt to reestablish the Atlantean golden age by getting their old gods back. Then God confuses their language and that puts a sudden stop to things.

The mere idea that confusing their language stopped the project makes it seem like it was more than just a simple tower. Especially if they were building it using pre flood documents written in a language that they could no longer understand.

Josephus said that the great pyramid was at least in part to preserve pre flood knowledge. So when it became clear they weren't going to finish the project before the flood destroyed them, they may have written down all their technological knowledge and stored it in the great pyramid so that people on the other side of the flood could pick up where they left off. The apocrypha does say that post flood descendants of Ham went and dug up a pre flood city, and found what it calls the forbidden knowledge of the watchers in that city.
View Quote
So they were going to build a teleport out of clay?

Now that's pretty impressive.
Link Posted: 3/19/2019 6:01:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By waterglass:

If this is true it is time to discount western acidemia as useless unless it is applied STEM.

It is also time to flush out anyone other than the absolutely apolitical from research and publication on speculative subjects.
View Quote
To me they're a clear indication that Aryans did in fact exist. From a pagan perspective, the Aryans are the descendants of refugees from Atlantis. From a Judeo-Christian perspective, they're descendants of the antediluvian Nephilim, survived on the ark in the form of recessive genes carried by Noah's sons' wives. According to legend, Nimrod was the first post flood Nephilim, and became the father of all the Nephilim tribes wiped out by Moses.

Originally Posted By CPT_CAVEMAN:

So they were going to build a teleport out of clay?

Now that's pretty impressive.
View Quote
There's no indication what the second pyramid was for, or why it had to be made from clay brick. The obvious answer is that the structure had to be made from something insulative. In my opinion, the pyramids were the power source for something housed inside the clay brick pyramid.

For whatever reason, it seems pretty clear from the legends that clay brick was a necessary evil in its construction. Instead of choosing stone, Nimrod kept with the clay brick, choosing to build a fifty foot wall around it to prevent it from being destroyed in another flood. So they were apparently capable of building a fifty foot tall stone wall, meaning they definitely could have built the tower of babel out of stone had they wanted to. The use of clay was therefore a design requirement and not a matter of them being too primitive to use stone. I can't really think of any qualities of clay, other than it being non conductive.
Link Posted: 3/19/2019 9:42:35 AM EDT
[#5]
With the info we have been discussing, what can we conclude so far with a decent degree of certainty?

1) the megalithic constructions in Latin America are most likely built by civilizations that predate Incas and others by several thousands of years, if not a lot more. Still no certainty about the technology used, only theories.

2) the pyramids (at least the Great one) were built before the Egyptians became the big civilization we know. Still no certainty about the technology used, only theories.

3) other places like India have constructions that still defy imagination and the process and technologies used to build them. Still no certainty about the technology used, only theories.

4) It's getting more evident that Earth went through many cycles where thriving and advanced civilizations were wiped out leaving few traces of their existence

5) for not a very clear reason (or reasons) the mainstream academia appears to censor and discredit any ideas that contradict or question the theories consistently imposed throughout the years

6) it will take a long time for the truth to see the light of day, mostly because of censorship than actual research and new findings

7) there are some indications that Earth is going through another big shift

Anything else?
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 5:09:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: waterglass] [#6]
this may explain some stuff.

Evidence of Ancient High Technology - Liquid Polishing at the Serapeum of Saqqara - Chapter 4
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 9:15:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Rossi:
With the info we have been discussing, what can we conclude so far with a decent degree of certainty?

1) the megalithic constructions in Latin America are most likely built by civilizations that predate Incas and others by several thousands of years, if not a lot more. Still no certainty about the technology used, only theories.

2) the pyramids (at least the Great one) were built before the Egyptians became the big civilization we know. Still no certainty about the technology used, only theories.

3) other places like India have constructions that still defy imagination and the process and technologies used to build them. Still no certainty about the technology used, only theories.

4) It's getting more evident that Earth went through many cycles where thriving and advanced civilizations were wiped out leaving few traces of their existence

5) for not a very clear reason (or reasons) the mainstream academia appears to censor and discredit any ideas that contradict or question the theories consistently imposed throughout the years

6) it will take a long time for the truth to see the light of day, mostly because of censorship than actual research and new findings

Anything else?
View Quote
That sums it up nicely
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 9:19:32 AM EDT
[#8]
So this is from another thread, but I found the concept interesting, and the fact that is has been demonstrated in a lab.

In this CIA case study participant(s) are able to remove a pill from a medicine bottle using just their mind, sounds impossible but apparently they were able to have repeatable results over and over.

A couple things come to mind, first this study is from the early 80s, perhaps this "tech" or knowledge has been improved upon over the past 30 years, and further, perhaps this sort of manipulation of "solid" material by the mind was known to the ancients and used in the construction of megaliths all over the world

CIA Library " RESEARCH INTO PARANORMAL ABILITY TO BREAK THROUGH SPATIAL BARRIERS"
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 9:19:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6GUNZ] [#9]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVhybHrNeQo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PgvvdIBI8E
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I know the h blocks at puma punku couldn't be molded because there are unfinished ones in various states of being carved.

Originally Posted By Storz:
So this is from another thread, but I found the concept interesting, and the fact that is has been demonstrated in a lab.

In this CIA case study participant(s) are able to remove a pill from a medicine bottle using just their mind, sounds impossible but apparently they were able to have repeatable results over and over.

A couple things come to mind, first this study is from the early 80s, perhaps this "tech" or knowledge has been improved upon over the past 30 years, and further, perhaps this sort of manipulation of "solid" material by the mind was known to the ancients and used in the construction of megaliths all over the world

CIA Library " RESEARCH INTO PARANORMAL ABILITY TO BREAK THROUGH SPATIAL BARRIERS"
That's freaky. I almost hope it's not true.

Link Posted: 3/20/2019 9:36:16 AM EDT
[#10]
I know the h blocks at puma punku couldn't be molded because there are unfinished ones in various states of being carved.

https://i.imgflip.com/2whv3n.jpg
View All Quotes

Originally Posted By Storz:

https://i.imgflip.com/2whv3n.jpg
I've had sort of a long standing theory floating around in the back of my head that a lot of the wars etc over the millennia have been fought over keeping this knowledge secret.

Freaky indeed. The "force" is real...
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 1:46:01 PM EDT
[#11]
I remember reading as a kid that there were large mammal like land animals that were impossible to definitely classify that either pre-dated or were contemporary with the first lizards, which are what evolved into dinosaurs while the mammal like animals seemed to go extinct. They weren't classified as lizards or mammals, but mammal like.

IIRC the mammals of today can be traced back 20,000,000 years before the extinction of dinosaurs. though they never really went extinct, they evolved into birds.

Up until relatively recently there were predatory birds bigger than the Utah Raptor of Jurassic Park fame. They just didn't have the tails.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By HEATSEAKER:
Originally Posted By exDefensorMilitas:
Originally Posted By saltydecimator:
Found this video that defends the great flood.   It even shows geological evidence of a worldwide cataclysmic event.

However, one thing that "nags" me is that they describe a world ending-type event involving dinosaurs and other creatures that would have lived much before men walked earth.

So, how does Noah's timeframe (and the animals he supposedly saved) coincide with it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8SCjn1hubc

Unless I am missing something?

ETA to add this video also worth watching.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpSI-dsEk3k
there are fossils of mans footprint inside dino prints... and when i googled mammal fossils the other night, their is apparently almost as many mammal fossils as dino fossils. old earth evolution says the mammals and dinos werent supposed to be around at teh same time...  so if you discount old earth, the vid may not be as far fetched as you think.... long story long, the evolutionists arent as "openminded as they think... their religion is the only correct one....
"old earth evolution says the mammals and dinos werent supposed to be around at teh same time"

The mighty opossum would beg to differ.
I remember reading as a kid that there were large mammal like land animals that were impossible to definitely classify that either pre-dated or were contemporary with the first lizards, which are what evolved into dinosaurs while the mammal like animals seemed to go extinct. They weren't classified as lizards or mammals, but mammal like.

IIRC the mammals of today can be traced back 20,000,000 years before the extinction of dinosaurs. though they never really went extinct, they evolved into birds.

Up until relatively recently there were predatory birds bigger than the Utah Raptor of Jurassic Park fame. They just didn't have the tails.
Placental and marsupial mammals were alive and well with all 3 lineages of dinosaurs. The K-T extinction event(approx. 66 mya) took out the non-avian dinosaurs, leaving birds and mammals.

The split between placental and marsupial mammals occurred roughly 160 mya.

Now, by the end of the Neogene, which is approx. 20 mya, all the modern orders of mammals had come into existence. They may have been what you were thinking about.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 3:05:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: waterglass] [#12]
Placental and marsupial mammals were alive and well with all 3 lineages of dinosaurs. The K-T extinction event(approx. 66 mya) took out the non-avian dinosaurs, leaving birds and mammals.

Now, by the end of the Neogene, which is approx. 20 mya, all the modern orders of mammals had come into existence. They may have been what you were thinking about.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By saltydecimator:
Found this video that defends the great flood.   It even shows geological evidence of a worldwide cataclysmic event.

However, one thing that "nags" me is that they describe a world ending-type event involving dinosaurs and other creatures that would have lived much before men walked earth.

So, how does Noah's timeframe (and the animals he supposedly saved) coincide with it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8SCjn1hubc

Unless I am missing something?

ETA to add this video also worth watching.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpSI-dsEk3k
there are fossils of mans footprint inside dino prints... and when i googled mammal fossils the other night, their is apparently almost as many mammal fossils as dino fossils. old earth evolution says the mammals and dinos werent supposed to be around at teh same time...  so if you discount old earth, the vid may not be as far fetched as you think.... long story long, the evolutionists arent as "openminded as they think... their religion is the only correct one....
"old earth evolution says the mammals and dinos werent supposed to be around at teh same time"

The mighty opossum would beg to differ.

No I am talking pre 240 MYA. before dinos. I distinctly remember reading about a mammal like land animals of that age. Therapsids or synapsids maybe?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Therapsid
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pelycosaur

I have also read that elephant sized mammals have been found recently going back to around 210Mya
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 12:35:51 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 9:57:07 AM EDT
[#14]

Anything else?
View Quote
You forgot the Mario Buildreps theory about poles and ice caps.

I'm working on shotgunning the math using the full work structure database as your resident GIS geospatial trig and large amounts of data expert. I had to add 3TB of SSD storage to one of my desktops to load the current database.
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 12:22:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TxRabbitBane] [#15]

Anything else?
View Quote
One thing skipped: there hasn’t been any actual evidence to support any of these assertions... but I guess your (also unsupported) “censorship” claims are a blanket, “get out of jail free” card.
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 2:20:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By TxRabbitBane:

One thing skipped: there hasn’t been any actual evidence to support any of these assertions...
View Quote
Well to be fair though, there's not much in the way of actual evidence to support the assertions in the official narrative. Like I said before, Khufu seems about as evidentially supported as King Arthur or Gilgamesh. Seems to me there's a very strong possibility that Khufu was a legendary figure, whose name was taken by an actual pharaoh. Or there was an actual pharaoh who bore similarities to certain elements of the legend, and later Egyptians falsely attributed this actual person with the legends associated with the legendary figure, just like lots of people associate Charlemagne with King Arthur.

Plus there is actual evidence to support some of these assertions. For example, the radiocarbon dating and the water weathering. Plus the greater part of ancient sources attribute the pyramids to an older civilization, and the few sources who attribute it to Khufu were considered to be suspect even in their own time. To say there's no actual evidence is to throw out evidence that doesn't fit a certain narrative.
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 2:40:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TxRabbitBane] [#17]

Well to be fair though, there's not much in the way of actual evidence to support the assertions in the official narrative.
View All Quotes

Well to be fair though, there's not much in the way of actual evidence to support the assertions in the official narrative.
Distraction and irrelevant.  Either the assertions above are supported by evidence or they’re not. Supporting this alternate theory has nothing to do with the mainstream theory, so stick to the topic.

Plus there is actual evidence to support some of these assertions. For example, the radiocarbon dating and the water weathering. Plus the greater part of ancient sources attribute the pyramids to an older civilization, and the few sources who attribute it to Khufu were considered to be suspect even in their own time. To say there's no actual evidence is to throw out evidence that doesn't fit a certain narrative.
Tinfoil YouTube videos aren’t really evidence.  If there’s something better, let’s see it.

So far I see some pretty whack-a-doo “theories” presented as absolute, given, fact with nothing to support them. Supertechnological pre-prehistoric civilizations, power plants, masers, etc.

What is lacking is any rational reason to believe any of the “truths” posted by Rossi above.
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 2:55:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 2:56:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By brass:

It would appear that the primary job of archaeologists is keeping "their information" difficult to access.   Since they don't know any answers, they release little, even when answers are un-knowable.  Most time is spent attacking those wanting information, why is that?
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 2:59:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6GUNZ] [#20]

Distraction and irrelevant.  Either the assertions above are supported by evidence or they’re not. Supporting this alternate theory has nothing to do with the mainstream theory, so stick to the topic.

Tinfoil YouTube videos aren’t really evidence.  If there’s something better, let’s see it.

So far I see some pretty whack-a-doo “theories” presented as absolute, given, fact with nothing to support them. Supertechnological pre-prehistoric civilizations, power plants, masers, etc.

What is lacking is any rational reason to believe any of the “truths” posted by Rossi above.
View Quote
Evidence that doesn't fit your paradigm is not a distraction, and it's not irrelevant. You're being a real elbow right now. You obviously have all the answers and have no further need to learn anything more, so why are you even part of this discussion? You're in the wrong fucking thread if you think you're going to school anyone using this kind of battering ram style argument. It's not even an argument, it's just browbeating and howling at the moon.
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 3:39:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 3:52:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Bigtard:
I believe the Antediluvian civilizations were far more advanced than is generally believed. And then came the cataclysm around 12k years ago that wiped most of the planet clean.
View Quote
This seems to be the most plausible explanation to me.
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 5:11:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TxRabbitBane] [#23]

Evidence that doesn't fit your paradigm is not a distraction, and it's not irrelevant. You're being a real elbow right now. You obviously have all the answers and have no further need to learn anything more, so why are you even part of this discussion? You're in the wrong fucking thread if you think you're going to school anyone using this kind of battering ram style argument. It's not even an argument, it's just browbeating and howling at the moon.
View Quote
So Rossi’s points either have evidence to support them or they do not. None has been presented here. Your response above would seem to indicate that you don’t have any evidence either. I want to learn, but blind faith in some dude on YouTube (just because it goes against the standard view, which is edgy and cool and all)  is just foolishness. All I’ve done is ask questions which apparently make you uncomfortable...  if it’s so obvious that smart folks like yourself take it as a given, then surely there is ample supporting evidence to justify it, right?

You’re mighty hostile for someone who thinks they’ve got all the answers...
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 5:30:31 PM EDT
[#24]

I want to learn, but...
View Quote
Then read the damn thread. You're constantly demanding answers that have already been given ad nauseum. You're not here to learn, and at this point you're just trolling.

You're also making the mistake of thinking that just because an idea can't be proven means that another unprovable idea is therefore automatically validated. Not true!
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 5:36:41 PM EDT
[#25]
Then read the damn thread. You're constantly demanding answers that have already been given ad nauseum. You're not here to learn, and at this point you're just trolling.

You're also making the mistake of thinking that just because an idea can't be proven means that another unprovable idea is therefore automatically validated. Not true!
View All Quotes

I want to learn, but...

Another distraction... the validity of the orthodox view is another topic. I’ve read the thread and, while a lot of pretty “out there” opinions have been given, there isn’t really much in the way of evidence to support those claims given at all (much less “ad nauseum”). Stories aren’t evidence (neither are flaky YouTube vids).

It’s amusing that requests to back outrageous claims are considered trolling by “true believers”. Surely the truth can withstand a little scrutiny, right?
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 6:33:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RIO-lover] [#26]

Another distraction... the validity of the orthodox view is another topic. I’ve read the thread and, while a lot of pretty “out there” opinions have been given, there isn’t really much in the way of evidence to support those claims given at all (much less “ad nauseum”). Stories aren’t evidence (neither are flaky YouTube vids).

It’s amusing that requests to back outrageous claims are considered trolling by “true believers”. Surely the truth can withstand a little scrutiny, right?
View Quote
The lone fact that substandard stone work in Peru is on top of much advanced construction, and  that we still can not explain how the advanced construction was done, is proof enough of some kind of higher stone working  technology existed before the Incan people were there.
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 6:52:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RIO-lover] [#27]
These were the ancient Egyptian stone working  tools

There is no explanation how these tools could have produced these 70 ton granite boxes with a mirror like smooth finish:

and it is obvious that the crude hieroglyphics were scratched on the boxes by an inferior technique than was used to create the boxes.
Look how deep and sharp these  hieroglyphics are

[
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 7:08:17 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 11:43:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Loremsk] [#29]
Here is a series I watched a bit ago.  BLUF: demonstration pre to low chemical energy and low metal construction techniques and sciences, specifically medieval French castle construction.  Might be educational.

The playlist..

ETA:

@headstoner this is probably all old hat for you.

The Historic Technology Needed To Build A Medieval Castle | Secrets Of The Castle
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 12:52:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: waterglass] [#30]
Headstoner was  wondering if they used fire to remove the stone at Kailasa Temple in India. My opinion was chemicals, reducing the stone to mudlike consistency and then reusing it for agriculture or cement.

Still don't know which of us is right on how the rock was excavated but this cement found in India is interesting. Pay attention to the bit about using powdered granite as a shock deadener under the temple.
Floating Rocks Of Ramappa Temple - Ancient Technology in India

Headstoner may also enjoy this.
1000 Pillar Temple - Impossible Ancient Technology Found?
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 1:33:42 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 4:00:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: waterglass] [#32]
More Indian mind blowers for headstoner
How do the Musical Pillars Work? Rock Melting Technology? Cymatics?
Hoysaleswara Temple, India - Built with Ancient Machining Technology?
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 8:07:30 AM EDT
[#33]

View Quote
If stories aren't evidence, then the traditional view on everything is pretty much fucked, because in most cases it's only stories that support any of it, and told third or fourth hand at that. If stories, as you put it, are invalid, then we can pretty much just burn all the history books that predate about 1000 AD, and some after that.

If stories aren't valid evidence, basically the entire history of the Vikings can be discounted. Most everything we know about them comes from the Icelandic Sagas, which weren't even written down until several hundred years after the events they describe took place. A large part of the sagas also deals with supernatural events, so it's not like they're the most credible things out there by our modern standards. They're not much different from Beowulf in that regard.

And again, there's also radiocarbon dating and weathering patterns that have been analyzed by mainstream geologists. Plus credible engineers who say they could use the pyramids to generate energy, along with ancient oral traditions that plainly state that the pyramids were power plants.

What you're doing isn't scrutiny. You're not making a counterargument. Address the issues. You're entire argument consists of, Is not! Present your own evidence and counter the evidence given. Make an argument why you think the radiocarbon dating and weather patterns can be ignored. And why you think Herodotus is right, despite being contradicted by even his own contemporaries.
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 10:58:29 AM EDT
[#34]
If stories aren't evidence, then the traditional view on everything is pretty much fucked, because in most cases it's only stories that support any of it, and told third or fourth hand at that. If stories, as you put it, are invalid, then we can pretty much just burn all the history books that predate about 1000 AD, and some after that.

If stories aren't valid evidence, basically the entire history of the Vikings can be discounted. Most everything we know about them comes from the Icelandic Sagas, which weren't even written down until several hundred years after the events they describe took place. A large part of the sagas also deals with supernatural events, so it's not like they're the most credible things out there by our modern standards. They're not much different from Beowulf in that regard.

And again, there's also radiocarbon dating and weathering patterns that have been analyzed by mainstream geologists. Plus credible engineers who say they could use the pyramids to generate energy, along with ancient oral traditions that plainly state that the pyramids were power plants.

What you're doing isn't scrutiny. You're not making a counterargument. Address the issues. You're entire argument consists of, Is not! Present your own evidence and counter the evidence given. Make an argument why you think the radiocarbon dating and weather patterns can be ignored. And why you think Herodotus is right, despite being contradicted by even his own contemporaries.
View All Quotes

It's rather simple really. None of what you have proposed fits all available evidence, it might have some validity in some circumstance when viewed in isolation.

As a whole, it has no more merit than the prevailing mainstream view. Of which there are known issues with incongruity, seeing as how it is based on evidence that is just a subset of all potentially available evidence. Some of which, we may never recover or be able to understand. Who knows, maybe you're the next Harlan Bretz or Clair Patterson.
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 2:40:42 PM EDT
[#35]

It's rather simple really. None of what you have proposed fits all available evidence, it might have some validity in some circumstance when viewed in isolation.

As a whole, it has no more merit than the prevailing mainstream view. Of which there are known issues with incongruity, seeing as how it is based on evidence that is just a subset of all potentially available evidence. Some of which, we may never recover or be able to understand. Who knows, maybe you're the next Harlan Bretz or Clair Patterson.
View Quote
Well that's kind of the point. No viewpoint fits all available evidence, including the mainstream view. That's because the evidence is self contradictory.

Also, none of what I've said is anything I'm proposing personally. I'm just relaying what the sources say, and then adding a bit of speculation. The viewpoint I presented probably conforms with 90% or more of the available evidence. And it might conform with all of it, if you approach it from a big picture perspective. Herodotus might have simply misunderstood some things. Like I said before, it's not outside the realm of possibility that Khufu was the legendary builder of the pyramids, and then the Khufu of the new kingdom, after restoring them, took the legendary figure's name. So it might be true that someone named Khufu built the pyramids, just not the one we think.

My opinion is that there's an element of truth in all ancient sources. That's why you have to look at it from a far distance, and not get hung up on details that don't match. It's very similar to piecing together a story from multiple eyewitness statements. There will be contradictions in the details.
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 2:52:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TxRabbitBane] [#36]

View Quote
Links to this evidence, please.

I’m not sure if it’s accidental or on purpose, but YOU are the one making a counterargument. As such, you carry the burden of proof. You keep saying it’s there, but you won’t point directly to it... why?  You act as though you’re arguing from a position of verified fact, when in fact you’re making absurd statements about power generation and such ... none of which are even remotely verifiable as anything but wild hypothesis based on... uh... nothing, as far as I can tell.  Without evidence, this theory is roughly as believable as the old documentary on the pyramids I saw the other night with Kurt Russell and James Spader.
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 2:59:38 PM EDT
[#37]

Links to this evidence, please.

I’m not sure if it’s accidental or on purpose, but YOU are the one making a counterargument. As such, you carry the burden of proof. You keep saying it’s there, but you won’t point directly to it... why?  You act as though you’re arguing from a position of verified fact, when in fact you’re making absurd statements about power generation and such ... none of which are even remotely verifiable as anything but wild hypothesis based on... uh... nothing, as far as I can tell.  Without evidence, this theory is roughly as believable as the old documentary on the pyramids I saw the other night with Kurt Russell and James Spader.
View Quote
Again, read the thread. Watch the videos. It's obvious you haven't.
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 5:35:57 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Loremsk:
Here is a series I watched a bit ago.  BLUF: demonstration pre to low chemical energy and low metal construction techniques and sciences, specifically medieval French castle construction.  Might be educational.

The playlist..

ETA:

@headstoner this is probably all old hat for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAruY1lv6N4
View Quote
Some of it maybe. I do sort of like a lot of old tech, was thinking of building a trebuchet, or catapult for the backyard to launch boulders and whatever else I think would be funny to see fly.
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 5:44:27 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By RIO-lover:
These were the ancient Egyptian stone working  tools
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-N_cpQZB3xOU/U9ZaRY_M7OI/AAAAAAAADx8/iSYdzWfB5tI/s1600/DSCN1434.JPG
There is no explanation how these tools could have produced these 70 ton granite boxes with a mirror like smooth finish:
https://hiddenincatours.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/p1190025.jpg
and it is obvious that the crude hieroglyphics were scratched on the boxes by an inferior technique than was used to create the boxes.
Look how deep and sharp these  hieroglyphics are

[https://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/egyptian-hieroglyphs-hieroglyphics-ancient-granite-slabs-77037948.jpg
View Quote
Those May be "some" of the tools but we don't know what we don't know, ya know.

I would not say that box has a mirror like polish on it, what it has is a very light polish that could be done in a day just by rubbing it with rocks and the sand found outside.

The snow is melting up here now so i will be able to get a few mors pics of some very rudimentary work I have out back. There is a stone I did many years ago that has a light polish on it that I did by hand with some dollar store garbage sandpaper, it is a light color so might not look as good as a dark stone but you can see reflection nonetheless.
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 5:48:05 PM EDT
[#40]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhoOA3pASy4 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPn0NsZDtkk
View Quote
Thats pretty cool, for today, back then, anytime.
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 6:29:37 PM EDT
[#41]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhoOA3pASy4 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPn0NsZDtkk
View Quote
May have not been turned on a lathe.  Adjustable cutter rotated around a roughly finished column using human/animal power walking in a circular motion on the end of long levers.  A screw jack to slowly move cutter up or down the length of the column as material is removed. . Surprised there is no written or oral history on the method used. 900 yrs isn't THAT long ago.
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 7:03:41 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By headstoner:
...whatever else I think would be funny to see fly...
View Quote
I'm not saying cats, but I'm not not saying cats either.
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 7:05:23 PM EDT
[#43]

May have not been turned on a lathe.  Adjustable cutter rotated around a roughly finished column using human/animal power walking in a circular motion on the end of long levers.  A screw jack to slowly move cutter up or down the length of the column as material is removed. . Surprised there is no written or oral history on the method used. 900 yrs isn't THAT long ago.
View Quote

A good imagination and some motivation can get a lot of shit figured out and done....and beer doesn't hurt either.
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 7:09:23 PM EDT
[#44]

I'm not saying cats, but I'm not not saying cats either.
View Quote
Thats part of the reasoning for wanting to construct one, a few years back we had a bunch of cats running around in the field. I figured good mouse control but then thought a cat-a- pult was funny. We also had just bought a new washer and dryer so I thought a full sized appliance launcher would be comical
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 7:23:40 PM EDT
[#45]

Thats part of the reasoning for wanting to construct one, a few years back we had a bunch of cats running around in the field. I figured good mouse control but then thought a cat-a- pult was funny. We also had just bought a new washer and dryer so I thought a full sized appliance launcher would be comical
View Quote
Dude, I was just kidding. Animal cruelty isn't something the authorities turn a blind eye to anymore. Nowadays it's only slightly less frowned upon than diddling kids.
Link Posted: 3/24/2019 12:00:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: headstoner] [#46]

Dude, I was just kidding. Animal cruelty isn't something the authorities turn a blind eye to anymore. Nowadays it's only slightly less frowned upon than diddling kids.
View Quote
Hahahaha. I wasn't going to launch cats into orbit, they were just the inspiration for the idea of building a catapult.

@6GUNZ
Edit: you just gave me another idea, a kid-a-pult!!  If I can catch some of those little bastards, they're pretty quick you know. Maybe a van with some free candy or something would work.
Link Posted: 3/24/2019 3:48:46 PM EDT
[#47]

Hahahaha. I wasn't going to launch cats into orbit, they were just the inspiration for the idea of building a catapult.
View Quote
That would be catastrophic.

Cataclysmic...
Link Posted: 3/24/2019 6:45:16 PM EDT
[#48]

Nile shipwreck discovery proves Herodotus right – after 2,469 years

Greek historian’s description of ‘baris’ vessel vindicated by archaeologists at sunken city of Thonis-Heraclion

In the fifth century BC, the Greek historian Herodotus visited Egypt and wrote of unusual river boats on the Nile. Twenty-three lines of his Historia, the ancient world’s first great narrative history, are devoted to the intricate description of the construction of a “baris”.

For centuries, scholars have argued over his account because there was no archaeological evidence that such ships ever existed. Now there is. A “fabulously preserved” wreck in the waters around the sunken port city of Thonis-Heracleion has revealed just how accurate the historian was.

Robinson said that previous scholars had “made some mistakes” in struggling to interpret the text without archaeological evidence. “It’s one of those enigmatic pieces. Scholars have argued exactly what it means for as long as we’ve been thinking of boats in this scholarly way,” he said.

(more at link)
View Quote
https://www.theguardian.com/science/2019/mar/17/nile-shipwreck-herodotus-archaeologists-thonis-heraclion
Link Posted: 3/24/2019 9:08:03 PM EDT
[#49]

That would be catastrophic.

Cataclysmic...
View Quote
Nice.
Link Posted: 3/24/2019 9:18:23 PM EDT
[#50]

Nile shipwreck discovery proves Herodotus right – after 2,469 years

Greek historian’s description of ‘baris’ vessel vindicated by archaeologists at sunken city of Thonis-Heraclion

In the fifth century BC, the Greek historian Herodotus visited Egypt and wrote of unusual river boats on the Nile. Twenty-three lines of his Historia, the ancient world’s first great narrative history, are devoted to the intricate description of the construction of a “baris”.

For centuries, scholars have argued over his account because there was no archaeological evidence that such ships ever existed. Now there is. A “fabulously preserved” wreck in the waters around the sunken port city of Thonis-Heracleion has revealed just how accurate the historian was.

Robinson said that previous scholars had “made some mistakes” in struggling to interpret the text without archaeological evidence. “It’s one of those enigmatic pieces. Scholars have argued exactly what it means for as long as we’ve been thinking of boats in this scholarly way,” he said.

(more at link)
https://www.theguardian.com/science/2019/mar/17/nile-shipwreck-herodotus-archaeologists-thonis-heraclion
Herodotus also said the great pyramid was completely intact when he saw it and that it had no capstone. My ex-girlfriend (she can read/write ancient Greek and grew up in Athens) said that he wrote of things regarding viewing the sea from Acropolis in a manner that you cannot today, indicating that sea level was different then than it is today.
Page / 74
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top