Link Posted: 4/30/2019 5:20:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 6:50:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: brass] [#2]
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 7:30:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: headstoner] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By brass:
@headstoner is confirmed correct in aspects.

Perfect joints on exterior only.  Filler in between and on back of stones explains Incan walls, along with huge workforce grinding and chiseling through brute force.  Acids used to smooth rock.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KbSFphHCZY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KbSFphHCZY
View Quote
Well I'll be a monkeys uncle, lucky guess probably.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 6:25:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: brass] [#4]
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 3:27:49 AM EDT
[#5]
The Strangest Ancient Pyramid In The World? Abu Rawash In Egypt
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 5:13:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: waterglass] [#6]
Lots of sites packed into here, including one we haven't talked about at around 30 minutes, and different views of stuff.   Some of the theories we know are a bit off, but it's fresh footage of several sites I haven't seen yet, close ups in some of the sites discussed, etc.   Covers global sites, not just Africa.

@1 Hr, Man made island is amazing, Pahepei or something like that (not sure on spelling).  In Micronesian Islands.    Joins several islands into one, unknown origin, uninhabited.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQJvyRLSl9U
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQJvyRLSl9U
View Quote
Yeah, Some of the inca walls were face fitting. The big stuff wasn't. And Tiwanaku, mentioned in the video is a good example. Actually two of the major sites that suggest those that are fully fitted pedate the Inca are Puma Punku and Tiwanaku. They are both pre inca, containing stones 200-400 tons, built over two miles above sea level. There is about a dozen others that are huge and not face fitted  in Peru and Bolivia. Machu Pitchu, Paracas, Sachsayhuaman, Cusco, The so called cloud Fortress that contains more cut stone than the great pyramid, Ollantaytambo, Wari, Chulpa towers,  etc etc

the thing is this stuff is just incorporated into the modern landscape and no one even bothers to find it. You will not see some of it except on Foersters channel. I have noticed the back filled face fitted stuff tends to be softer rock like sand stone or lime stone and the individual stones are much smaller.

Tiwanaku. mostly hard stone. If you do not like theorizing ignore it. Ill try to find a better video.
TIWANAKU: Lost Ancient High Technology Of Bolivia

Basalt towers
Ancient Megalithic Chullpa Towers Of Cutimbo In Peru

In the first part of this video you can see deconstructed fully fitted polygonal granite and rhyolite stonework.
The Inca Discovered Ancient Megalithic Works At Ollantaytambo 1000 Years Ago

This is what the truly big stuff looks like when it is destroyed. It is cut front to back side to side. Skip to 5 minutes.
The Giant Builders Of Ancient Cusco Peru
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 6:35:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By waterglass:

Yeah, Some of the inca walls were face fitting. The big stuff wasn't. And Tiwanaku, mentioned in the video is a good example. Actually two of the major sites that suggest those that are fully fitted pedate the Inca are Puma Punku and Tiwanaku. They are both pre inca, containing stones 200-400 tons, built over two miles above sea level. There is about a dozen others that are huge and not face fitted  in Peru and Bolivia. Machu Pitchu, Paracas, Sachsayhuaman, Cusco, The so called cloud Fortress that contains more cut stone than the great pyramid, Ollantaytambo, Wari, Chulpa towers,  etc etc

the thing is this stuff is just incorporated into the modern landscape and no one even bothers to find it. You will not see some of it except on Foersters channel. I have noticed the back filled face fitted stuff tends to be softer rock like sand stone or lime stone and the individual stones are much smaller.

Tiwanaku. mostly hard stone. If you do not like theorizing ignore it. Ill try to find a better video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogPiUf2PK_o
Basalt towers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9c52L8eBhg
In the first part of this video you can see deconstructed fully fitted polygonal granite and rhyolite stonework.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIdAuiVcEdI

This is what the truly big stuff looks like when it is destroyed. It is cut front to back side to side. Skip to 5 minutes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZOIjYy8uL8
View Quote
On the last video with the fallen upside down stairs, those lines being so straight and smooth strengthen my belief that "cables" of some sort were used. I suppose round diamond blades such as what's used for concrete can be used to make those but that seems less likely to think they had grinders and skill saws.
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 7:54:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: waterglass] [#8]
Originally Posted By headstoner:
On the last video with the fallen upside down stairs, those lines being so straight and smooth strengthen my belief that "cables" of some sort were used. I suppose round diamond blades such as what's used for concrete can be used to make those but that seems less likely to think they had grinders and skill saws.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogPiUf2PK_o
Basalt towers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9c52L8eBhg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIdAuiVcEdI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZOIjYy8uL8
That is what this guy thinks.

INCA Stone CUTTING= How it was DONE!!

He has a bunch more videos if you search "RIOspeedDEMON Inca" on youtube.

I'd like to see someone do It  with 10-100 ton 8 or 9 feet thick stone. By hand, with rope.

If they softened the stone using acid it would speed things up, but it would also effect a plant fiber rope and whatever cutting media they used unless it was diamond.

But even several smaller stone like those in Cuzco would be enough to convince me. four or five 200-500 pound stones that match those of Cusco and could be fitted to the same degree using nothing but water sand and rope would prove the mainstream wrong.

Here is a good picture of a stone taken from the Cuzco walls.

Inca Stone Cutting: How Did They Make This?

Seems hard to believe that is how they did it. But it still makes more sense than a rock hammer and volcanic glass chisels.

You know if you could prove it was rope you would have figured something out that modern science hasn't.
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 1:01:20 PM EDT
[#9]
I can't think of anything that would preclude it from being just a rope, water, abrasive and possibly an adhesive of some form.

A couple of open questions would be the toughness of the plant fiber and if the rope was directly used on the stone face.

It could have been used in a fashion similar to the Egyptian metal saws that didn't do the cutting directly, but were used to exert pressure on abrasive substances.

Or alternatively, whether the rope was braided or twisted, if rope is what the Inca's used, I believe it would be possible to construct rope that was impregnated with an abrasive compound.

I envision it as follows:

The first step would be to make your smaller twines, soaking in water and/or a watery adhesive. Second step would be to take these twines and then basically put them in a container with the abrasive compound and make sure they are well coated.

After that, you could use the twines themselves if you needed to make narrow cuts, or you could use them to make larger diameter ropes that you could throw over huge boulders or outcroppings and have several workers on each side. This would give you, depending on the number of workers, anywhere from several hundred lbs to a few tons of downward pressure on the cutting surface.

Another nifty thing you can do with the twines, is to weave them into mats of varying sizes. You would essentially be making sandpaper. With a large mat, you tie on several rope leads and would be making large sheets of sandpaper that several workers could pull back and forth with the same hundreds to tons of force, on an entire rockface up to really however wide of surface you want. The only limit would be how big of mat you made.

Think of a those 20ft long 2 man saws, but instead, lets say you made a 3ft by 20ft abrasive impregnated mat. You could get a lot of workers with a lot of force, smoothing out large swaths of rockface.

Additionally, the maintenance of the larger mats, ropes and smaller handheld pieces would be pretty straightforward. Super easy to inspect for damage and toss out, or refresh the cutting ability by dipping them back into an adhesive and recoating with the abrasive.

Thoughts anyone? @headstoner?
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 4:58:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: headstoner] [#10]
Originally Posted By exDefensorMilitas:
I can't think of anything that would preclude it from being just a rope, water, abrasive and possibly an adhesive of some form.

A couple of open questions would be the toughness of the plant fiber and if the rope was directly used on the stone face.

It could have been used in a fashion similar to the Egyptian metal saws that didn't do the cutting directly, but were used to exert pressure on abrasive substances.

Or alternatively, whether the rope was braided or twisted, if rope is what the Inca's used, I believe it would be possible to construct rope that was impregnated with an abrasive compound.

The first step would be to make your smaller twines, soaking in water and/or a watery adhesive. Second step would be to take these twines and then basically put them in a container with the abrasive compound and make sure they are well coated.

After that, you could use the twines themselves if you needed to make narrow cuts, or you could use them to make larger diameter ropes that you could throw over huge boulders or outcroppings and have several workers on each side. This would give you, depending on the number of workers, anywhere from several hundred lbs to a few tons of downward pressure on the cutting surface.

Another nifty thing you can do with the twines, is to weave them into mats of varying sizes. You would essentially be making sandpaper. With a large mat, you tie on several rope leads and would be making large sheets of sandpaper that several workers could pull back and forth with the same hundreds to tons of force, on an entire rockface up to really however wide of surface you want. The only limit would be how big of mat you made.

Think of a those 20ft long 2 man saws, but instead, lets say you made a 3ft by 20ft abrasive impregnated mat. You could get a lot of workers with a lot of force, smoothing out large swaths of rockface.

Additionally, the maintenance of the larger mats, ropes and smaller handheld pieces would be pretty straightforward. Super easy to inspect for damage and toss out, or refresh the cutting ability by dipping them back into an adhesive and recoating with the abrasive.

View Quote
Well, I have seen some pretty tough pine sap. When it hardens it gets pretty hard and the heat from using it would keep sand (or like i suspect) diamond particles in place on the rope and the rope protected somewhat. If they dont have pine then substitute that with ooga booga trees or whatever hahaha.

Tar is another possibility I suspect, but it may be as simple as aloe or something that will stick an abrasive while also provide lubrication on the stone.

Otherwise I like the theory you have about rope size and adhesive use. Another method dependent on what harder stone or diamond was used for cutting would be the size of that stone or diamond. Larger pieces could be woven into the braid and held in place by the braid or twist itself. That would also leave more "tool marks" as they segments would most likely not be perfectly symmetrical in size.
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 5:12:29 PM EDT
[#11]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rxmw9eizOAo
View Quote
Yeah that dude proposes the Egyptians used telekinesis to build the Pyramids.
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 5:27:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By ArmyInfantryVet:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ArmyInfantryVet:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rxmw9eizOAo
The DMT makes him all wonky/
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 5:29:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Well, I have seen some pretty tough pine sap. When it hardens it gets pretty hard and the heat from using it would keep sand (or like i suspect) diamond particles in place on the rope and the rope protected somewhat. If they dont have pine then substitute that with ooga booga trees or whatever hahaha.

Tar is another possibility I suspect, but it may be as simple as aloe or something that will stick an abrasive while also provide lubrication on the stone.

Otherwise I like the theory you have about rope size and adhesive use. Another method dependent on what harder stone or diamond was used for cutting would be the size of that stone or diamond. Larger pieces could be woven into the braid and held in place by the braid or twist itself. That would also leave more "tool marks" as they segments would most likely not be perfectly symmetrical in size.
View All Quotes

"Larger pieces could be woven into the braid and held in place by the braid or twist itself. That would also leave more "tool marks" as they segments would most likely not be perfectly symmetrical in size."

That's a good point as well. I think if those pieces were roughly "dumbell" shaped for a braided rope, or possibly a hole in the middle to pass the rope or string through, then secured with a knot on either end, you could essentially create a beaded necklace that would work for the rough cuts. Maintenance and crafting shouldn't be all that difficult. Creating the "beads" may end up being the most time consuming part. But, I'm not a stonemason....so not really sure.

Well, there we go. Incan masonry mystery solved. lol
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 5:38:43 PM EDT
[#14]

"Larger pieces could be woven into the braid and held in place by the braid or twist itself. That would also leave more "tool marks" as they segments would most likely not be perfectly symmetrical in size."

That's a good point as well. I think if those pieces were roughly "dumbell" shaped for a braided rope, or possibly a hole in the middle to pass the rope or string through, then secured with a knot on either end, you could essentially create a beaded necklace that would work for the rough cuts. Maintenance and crafting shouldn't be all that difficult. Creating the "beads" may end up being the most time consuming part. But, I'm not a stonemason....so not really sure.

Well, there we go. Incan masonry mystery solved. lol
View Quote
Hahha yup, now we need to find a publisher and cash in
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 5:44:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By motown_steve:
The Anunnaki.
View Quote
Skywalkers?
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 5:47:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: brass] [#16]
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 5:59:52 PM EDT
[#17]

Oil/pitch/tar were all on the surface, and still can be found.  Lots more before oil wells.  The "seepage" from ocean floor we hear about after the Deepwater Horizon incident/oil spill and a tanker wreck.   Bacteria evolved to make raw hydrocarbons food.  Same thing on the surface, you remember the opening to the documentary "Beverly Hillbillies" where oil wells were located by seeing where it was seeping from the ground.

Pitch is a good adhesive, and is workable with mild heat.  Used a lot as a binder and abrasive for telescope lens grinding and polishing.  Easy to mix in sand while heated over a fire, coat a rope in it, and run that.  Not so flexible, but a workable idea.    If they had access to diamond or carborundum bearing stones, which some documentaries suggest with basalt tools near all the quartz and sandstone, somewhere in between would be harder rock compared to the majority of what they're cutting.

The altitude of some of these makes me wonder.   There are sea shells and river stones at the top of 7000 ft peaks in MT and WA.  Those used to be the valleys, but were pushed up since the whole west coastline is a subduction zone that keeps getting added to and under.   Some of these sites like Titicaca could have been a far lower elevation when populated and the same tectonics a reason for their abandonment.  The Andes forming in some huge quakes and thousands of years of mild ones.

The San Andreas fault is 1 inch per year, but the 1906 San Francisco earthquake moved it north with a single 10 foot jump.   Lots of milder "worm crawling" jumps from the minor quakes felt all the time noticed as well.  The whole chunk doesn't move as a block, one block moves, stretching from one more south and compressing with one more north, making another quake weeks or years later.  Eventually the whole strip has an average speed of  2 nanomiles per hour.    It's a pure slip fault, coast going north relative to the rest of the US, no E-W movement.    Both West and North of that is the plate moving in that creates the Sierras and Cascades (2 different plates).   The three lines join in very Northern CA, where the next huge quake is predicted to be at, not around many cities.

Anyway, geology moves slow, but give it 1 million years and a valley becomes a mountain range.   That does, however, conflict greatly with the defined timeline of when some of these structures were built around Lake Titicaca.
View Quote
Very cool information. Thanks
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 6:27:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: brass] [#18]
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 9:07:43 PM EDT
[#19]

Found a video that shows how much things can change in a geologically short time, not human short.  Shows the rocks high up on hillside from different rivers and where they came from.

It's a Geology professor in Washington, for those worried it might be tin foily, it isn't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IjLO9ABKYU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IjLO9ABKYU
View Quote
I swear brooks and maybe parts of rhe  river and most certainly the forest has changed just in my lifetime.
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 10:24:06 PM EDT
[#20]
I swear brooks and maybe parts of rhe  river and most certainly the forest has changed just in my lifetime.
View All Quotes

Found a video that shows how much things can change in a geologically short time, not human short.  Shows the rocks high up on hillside from different rivers and where they came from.

It's a Geology professor in Washington, for those worried it might be tin foily, it isn't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IjLO9ABKYU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IjLO9ABKYU
I have seen several small creeks change course. They dig a 8-10 foot deep twelve to twenty feet wide ditch into soil in just a few years time. No telling how much rock and soil they move in that time.
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 10:30:10 PM EDT
[#21]

I have seen several small creeks change course. They dig a 8-10 foot deep twelve to twenty feet wide ditch into soil in just a few years time. No telling how much rock and soil they move in that time.
View Quote
Nature is pretty badass.
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 8:07:11 PM EDT
[#22]

View Quote
I wonder how much of that has been prospected. http://www.goldprospectingonline.com/gold-prospecting-tips/where-to-find-gold-in-a-river/

Link Posted: 5/3/2019 8:07:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 2:18:07 AM EDT
[#24]
there was a survey in the 1930s. they found lead and low grade silver ore in some of the local creeks. There have been a few natural gas and oil wells.
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 2:21:23 AM EDT
[#25]
Dinosaurs made it.
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 3:00:08 AM EDT
[#26]
History Rewritten: 16,000-Year-old Footprint in South America | Ancient Architects
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 7:32:39 AM EDT
[#27]
View Quote

View Quote
Things have been getting a lot more "sportier" with the frackīng technology, which literally destroys the underground and induces earthquakes around the areas where it's used.

Considering how Earth's crust changes over time, just imagine what will change in a lot less time now that mankind is "helping".   Imagine termites eating a house's structure.  As the structure weakens, it settles more in the affected areas, then, one day, the whole thing crumbles.

The question is how much will change in our lifetime and how it will impact us.
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 8:14:39 AM EDT
[#28]
there was a survey in the 1930s. they found lead and low grade silver ore in some of the local creeks. There have been a few natural gas and oil wells.
View All Quotes
Wonder how many people were involved and if the numbers are like drug bust numbers. The video talks about source rocks from different areas. I know jack shit about the geology of this sort of thing, but there's been plenty of gold found to the north in Alaska and the south in NorCal.
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 10:19:17 AM EDT
[#29]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQkfEVQnCb8
View Quote
The narrator has an interesting speech pattern where he ends every sentence with a down tone.

Reminds me of Gordon Lightfoot in this song with the abrupt last word down tone or up tone. (his other songs weren't like that).

"The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald" - Gordon Lightfoot (HD w/ Lyrics)
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 2:44:17 AM EDT
[#30]
yeah, he has a weird rhetorical style. Good researcher tho.

a video for headstoner to get an idea of tool marks in Aswan.

Aswan Granite Quarry In Egypt: Obvious Example Of Ancient Advanced Machining Technology
Link Posted: 5/7/2019 5:37:33 PM EDT
[#31]
More amazing ancient stone work in Egypt.

If I could have one wish granted, I would wish to go back in time to see how these ancient megaliths around the world were built.

Ancient Engineering at the Temple of Bastet
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 4:54:11 PM EDT
[#32]
Did we do this one yet?

Link Posted: 5/9/2019 12:21:20 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By 6GUNZ:
Did we do this one yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01334semEN8
View Quote
Numerous times. Christopher Dunn's book The Giza Power Plant discusses this theory. I believe he's on the right track, but I feel there's not enough to draw the same conclusions as him, or any conclusions for that matter.

One thing that strikes me as plausible is that the layers of granite stone above the King's Chamber were some sort of resonator that behaved somehow like this, but on a massive scale at much lower frequencies: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmrER-1_G9o
Link Posted: 5/13/2019 4:55:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: waterglass] [#34]
I think the idea of a power plant has at least some Merit. I think floods have some Merit. I mean what are the odds of the Egyptians of Plato's time guessing the exact date for the sudden end of the last glacial Maximum.

Oxidized iron traces found in the kings chamber.

Re-Writing History: Evidence of Man-Made Iron in the Great Pyramid of Egypt | Ancient Architects
Link Posted: 5/17/2019 10:51:05 PM EDT
[#35]
More evidence of advanced stone working techniques.

Clear Evidence Of Ancient Advanced Machining Technology At Karnak In Egypt
Link Posted: 5/18/2019 3:59:14 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By RIO-lover:
More evidence of advanced stone working techniques.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPimZmCIx4Y
View Quote
There is some really cool stuff in that video. Thousand ton stone buildings, dolerite statues, big drill holes, saw marks.

I wonder if lightning might account for the melted stone?
Link Posted: 5/23/2019 1:23:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RIO-lover] [#37]
Huge Statues Near Luxor In Egypt: Show Signs Of Cataclysmic Damage

More evidence of "heat " damage on ancient stone work.

I too wondered if it could have been caused by lightning strikes but the damage is often limited to one side only of the stone.

ETA: I wonder if the side with the "heat" damage was the side exposed to direct sunlight.

I wonder if this damage is the result of the age of the stonework being in the high  10s of thousands of years and is the natural decay of granite of that age exposed to the sun light for such a long amount of time.
Link Posted: 5/23/2019 1:31:06 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 5/23/2019 1:37:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: headstoner] [#39]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lArt08Gu5yg

More evidence of "heat " damage on ancient stone work.

I too wondered if it could have been caused by lightning strikes but the damage is often limited to one side only of the stone.

ETA: I wonder if the side with the "heat" damage was the side exposed to direct sunlight.

I wonder if this damage is the result of the age of the stonework being in the high  10s of thousands of years and is the natural decay of granite of that age exposed to the sun light for such a long amount of time.
View Quote
The origins of children burning ants with a magnifying glass.

Edit: your last paragraph sounds legit. Everything succumbs sooner or later.
Link Posted: 5/24/2019 2:49:07 AM EDT
[#40]
Revealed Photos Show Something Huge May be Hidden in Ancient Egypt – Lost Civilizations & Egyptians
Link Posted: 5/24/2019 6:17:20 PM EDT
[#41]
Huge tombs carved hundreds of feet into the solid limestone bedrock

Could this have been done using bronze chisels even though it was just limestone

Exploration Deep Into the Tunnels And Tombs Of The Valley Of The Kings In Egypt
Link Posted: 5/24/2019 6:26:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: headstoner] [#42]
Huge tombs carved hundreds of feet into the solid limestone bedrock

Could this have been done using bronze chisels even though it was just limestone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTIehUTd3Nc
View Quote
I wouldn't have wanted to do it with just bronze chisels.

That was a pretty good video, that is very cool. I should take a vacation.
Link Posted: 5/24/2019 6:43:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: brass] [#43]
Link Posted: 6/1/2019 10:46:07 PM EDT
[#44]
OSTagscribe!
Link Posted: 6/2/2019 4:55:09 AM EDT
[#45]
@headstoner

Have you ever seen a tall granite monument after being struck by lightning?

What did it do to it?

Around here rich folks back in the day would get 10-20 foot tall granite obelisk headstones. I have never seen one damaged by lightning tho.
Link Posted: 6/2/2019 8:21:01 AM EDT
[#46]
@headstoner

What did it do to it?

Around here rich folks back in the day would get 10-20 foot tall granite obelisk headstones. I have never seen one damaged by lightning tho.
View Quote
I don't think I have seen one, we have some here in town that are 20 feet or so tall but they are all in good shape.
Link Posted: 6/2/2019 8:36:52 AM EDT
[#47]
I don't think I have seen one, we have some here in town that are 20 feet or so tall but they are all in good shape.
View All Quotes
@headstoner

What did it do to it?

Well, thanks. I figure lightning would cause rock to spall and break due to the heat.
Link Posted: 6/2/2019 9:06:40 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Bigtard:
I believe the Antediluvian civilizations were far more advanced than is generally believed. And then came the cataclysm around 12k years ago that wiped most of the planet clean.
View Quote
Yep...not unlikely
Link Posted: 6/2/2019 4:00:05 PM EDT
[#49]

Well, thanks. I figure lightning would cause rock to spall and break due to the heat.
View Quote
I just found this article...

Lightning can warp rock
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 12:03:47 AM EDT
[#50]

I just found this article...

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/464920/aHR0cDovL3d3dy5saXZlc2NpZW5jZS5jb20vaW1hZ2VzL2kvMDAwLzA3Ny82NzQvb3JpZ2luYWwvZnVsZ3VyaXRlLmpwZw__-966698.jpg

Lightning can warp rock
That is interesting, so it heats rock twice as hot as lava and changes the structure of it but unless I missed it in the article it doesn't say exactly how deep the rock can be effected.
Page / 74
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top