Site Notices
Page / 74
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 2:54:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/4/2019 6:08:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 1:19:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: waterglass] [#3]
OP likes the long skulls news so here is the latest from Brian Foerster.
The Elongated Skulls Of Paracas Peru And Their DNA: Update June 2019

Baghdad battery demo. I think fermenting wine kept pressurized by the tar or distilled vinegar and some other chemicals could increase electric output.
2000 Year Old Baghdad Battery – Will it Produce Electricity?

This May interest you @brass @6GUNZ
Forbidden Archaeology | Michael Cremo | Talks at Google
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 7:06:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By waterglass:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBHEWrLc6aw

Baghdad battery demo. I think fermenting wine kept pressurized by the tar or distilled vinegar and some other chemicals could increase electric output. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDlcU1vt4bU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKfGC3P9KoQ
View Quote
If I was Brian Foerster I would watch my back.  If he gets much further down the rabbit hole "they" will release the ferrets. He isn't discovering anything that hasn't already been known for many millennia by Biblical scholars but the scientific research proving it has been suppressed and buried for a reason.
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 7:16:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By HEATSEAKER:
If I was Brian Foerster I would watch my back.  If he gets much further down the rabbit hole "they" will release the ferrets. He isn't discovering anything that hasn't already been known for many millennia by Biblical scholars but the scientific research proving it has been suppressed and buried for a reason.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBHEWrLc6aw

Baghdad battery demo. I think fermenting wine kept pressurized by the tar or distilled vinegar and some other chemicals could increase electric output. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDlcU1vt4bU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKfGC3P9KoQ
I don't know about that, but them Peru bois sure did have some fucked up heads.

I mean If humans were going to evolve big brains a long cranium that would fit through a standard size birth canal would make more sense than the whole body getting bigger. It is hard enough for normal sized humans with normal sized heads to get the calories they need in primitive conditions. A bigger body in proportion to head would make it even more difficult. So, just the brain pan getting bigger while the body stays small makes sense.

I dunno.
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 8:20:55 AM EDT
[#6]

I mean If humans were going to evolve big brains a long cranium that would fit through a standard size birth canal would make more sense than the whole body getting bigger. It is hard enough for normal sized humans with normal sized heads to get the calories they need in primitive conditions. A bigger body in proportion to head would make it even more difficult. So, just the brain pan getting bigger while the body stays small makes sense.

I dunno.
View Quote
I can't help but feel for those mothers and babies who had to deal with those bulky boards every day for years in order to deform the skull. Survival back then was difficult enough as it was as evident by all the baby and child skeletons. It is obvious that they were trying to revive or at least emulate a technologically "superior" race/species/era that was lost to cataclysmic extinction and/or miscegenation and that extra burden and glimmer of hope was worth it to them. Read up on the cargo cults.
Link Posted: 6/11/2019 4:05:13 PM EDT
[#7]
The Sphinx is much older than many claim.

Water erosion under some of the repairs dates back 12,000 years

Link Posted: 6/12/2019 3:24:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: boltcatch] [#8]
There are a lot of elements of mainstream archaeology that are pretty much a disgrace these days.

Bunch of get-off-my-lawn old farts, sellouts, gov't funding suckups, and academic fiefdom-defenders, increasingly mixed in with younger AGW loons.

At some point someone is going to bring attention to something that can't be ignored.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 3:59:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By RIO-lover:
The Sphinx is much older than many claim.

Water erosion under some of the repairs dates back 12,000 years

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVgaD2f8hYI
View Quote
Makes sense that it was originally Leo the lion facing the Leo constellation at that time in history.  The pharaoh head is way to small in proportion to the body making me think some ancient a-holes chiseled down the lions head to form the pharaoh head instead of doing the work of building a new monument from scratch.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 4:14:35 PM EDT
[#10]
I can't help but feel for those mothers and babies who had to deal with those bulky boards every day for years in order to deform the skull. Survival back then was difficult enough as it was as evident by all the baby and child skeletons. It is obvious that they were trying to revive or at least emulate a technologically "superior" race/species/era that was lost to cataclysmic extinction and/or miscegenation and that extra burden and glimmer of hope was worth it to them. Read up on the cargo cults.
View All Quotes

I dunno.
IMO the board was there to hold the neck immobile while the kids were carried on the back, or sled or horse or camel or hung from a limb in camp or whatever.

that way people could move full speed while hunting and gathering or migrating. Chances are in warm weather they just let kids shit and piss without a diaper and hung them up out of the way. think of a frame type deal that supported the kids weight and protected its neck that could be attached to something with the baby kept off the ground. Like a tree limb. The wind rocks the baby and the baby can't get into trouble.

I figure Head shape started out incidental and then over time tribes decided to standardize head shape for clan and tribe recognition purposes.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 4:22:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 4:26:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Space Marines. Soooo friggin cool.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 4:37:21 PM EDT
[#13]

View Quote
Drawing and carving dicks throughout the galaxy
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 6:11:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By headstoner:
View All Quotes

Pregnant space rocks.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 7:15:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 8:33:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By brass:

Best "Other" related topic:  Global Warming
With "Anthropogenic Global Warming", they keep releasing new studies that directly conflict with the studies released 30, 20 or even 1 year ago.  The result of these studies conflicting is the same - Must re-distribute pollution and use less energy/luxury/civilization.   The reasons why those must be reduced are unrelated to the actual studies published, mostly explaining the flaws in drastic predictions which proved not only false, but the exact opposite of what did occur.   The same "solution" is needed to stop the new change,  else we'll all die in 20 years.  Some people still believe it

Archeology is the same, the history is settled, We've been told the entire history and that's just how it is.  Any evidence found to the contrary will be explained away or ignored, since it would interfere with settled science.   Why would Archeology be an essentially closed system of study?   People that decide to be archeologists are idealists talking about what they'd like to do and how to share information to everybody.  Once they become archaeologists, they keep their ideals and promises as well as a run of the mill politician.

There's too much information and it's no longer entirely contained.  I don't know what the "Real Story" is, though I've seen and read enough to have a very good inkling that it isn't what we've been told.
View Quote
Any other major mysteries of stone work that you can think of that we haven't touched much on? Indian and East Asian forests and jungles are as full of forgotten stone structures as the Amazon. I sometimes read unreliable rumors that there are similar stuff in parts of sub Saharan Africa.

grain of salt
https://ancientexplorers.com/blogs/news/100-000-year-old-ruins-of-south-africa
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 9:20:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: brass] [#17]
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 9:37:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SIASL] [#18]
If I were a space-farer and stumbled across this planet pre-human era, I wouldn’t put shit here. I’d place a monolith or a few or something similar on the moon. I’d prolly know the surface is ever changing planet-side so the chances of ever being found would go to zero but if I placed it/them on the moon the likelihood of losing one or two has been greatly minimized (impacts from space debris). Also, if whatever indigenous life this new planet should brood ever becomes advanced enough, matured enough to travel off-planet and explore, they might grasp and understand what it is I’ve left for them; that they are not alone and I am waiting for them.
Link Posted: 6/14/2019 4:18:31 PM EDT
[#19]
They found a wolfs head in Siberia that still has fresh looking soft tissue after an estimated 30K years. The locals find this stuff all the time but don't turn it in because they are illegally hunting for ivory or other stuff. If they put a market value on complete animals and just let people collect ivory many more of these carcasses would make their way into public view.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Severed-head-of-30-000-year-old-wolf-found-intact-in-Siberia/5-2228218/
Link Posted: 6/15/2019 12:39:48 AM EDT
[#20]
FWIW, I do not believe that Cartesian math is the best system, nor is base 10. Base-2 is an ideal numbering system for signalling as signal integrity is best maintained, and a polar system related to circles is best for analog math. I am becoming increasingly skeptical that the Babylonians or Sumerians developed this system (base-12/60/360) on their own and that it was likely developed prior to their ruins.
Link Posted: 6/16/2019 6:05:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Just read the whole thread.
I guess you guys have noticed the Egyptian>Greek>Roman>European>USA timeline for the pinnacles of civilization through the ages.

Totally discounting oral traditions, or any civilization like the Chinese or Indian being more advanced for a time than the "chosen ones".
Like Columbus discovering North America, even though there were 53 nations here, doing trade with the Vikings, and through the Chinese the Egyptians and Mediterraneans. Like the fact the Genghis Khan conquered and ruled more of the world than Alexander and Hannibal combined,
but Alexander is The Great?

I agree on all the ancient myths and legends recalling the same chain of events, regardless of the culture telling the stories.
Link Posted: 6/16/2019 8:27:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SC4eyes] [#22]
A while back I watched a documentary, "no really" about the statues at Easter Island, and how the oral tradition was the statues "walked" to where they were displayed. The main scientist also demonstrated how to build a platform on top of a huge block and by moving people back and forth on top, get the block to "climb" itself with other people adding blocks of wood under the ends as it climbed.

Easter Island moai 'walked'
Link Posted: 6/16/2019 8:41:50 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By a555:
FWIW, I do not believe that Cartesian math is the best system, nor is base 10. Base-2 is an ideal numbering system for signalling as signal integrity is best maintained, and a polar system related to circles is best for analog math. I am becoming increasingly skeptical that the Babylonians or Sumerians developed this system (base-12/60/360) on their own and that it was likely developed prior to their ruins.
View Quote
Can you go into more detail?
Link Posted: 6/16/2019 8:43:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By SC4eyes:
A while back I watched a documentary, "no really" about the statues at Easter Island, and how the oral tradition was the statues "walked" to where they were displayed. The main scientist also demonstrated how to build a platform on top of a huge block and by moving people back and forth on top, get the block to "climb" itself with other people adding blocks of wood under the ends as it climbed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvvES47OdmY ,
View Quote
I remember seeing that. We haven't done much on Easter island in this thread.
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 12:27:46 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 6/18/2019 6:24:18 PM EDT
[#26]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By a555:
I've done some more thinking on it, and I started thinking that the numeric system originated from 12 full moons and 360 full days (give or take on both) between when it got hot and cold throughout the year. I think that the coincidence may have gotten some smart people thinking, but they settled on 60 which is neither the number of moons nor the number of days. Interesting Wikipedia article: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superior_highly_composite_number

And, I mean, "prior to their ruins" must be a true statement because they didn't build their civilization as ruins to begin with :). But, with all of this math I've been doing on trying to build maps of what was before, I'm getting even more comfortable than I was with spherical trig and polar coordinate systems. This is the largest computational problem I've undertaken. We've all been taught using the Cartesian plane with X/Y, but thinking in trig as a native mathematical language makes a lot of engineering problems much simpler and just about all forms of mechanical advantage involve some level of angular math. You can use a ruler or a rope for a short distance, but to measure any sort of major distance angles start to gain a real advantage.

I don't know the history of education to say when or how we ended up doing standard linear problems and perhaps it's what served us best for mass education to prepare us to go fight and defeat our enemies. That's what state run education and sports are about, so when we need to go fight, we've got better basic skills to perform while in battle than the guys we're fighting (see: video of middle easterners trying to do jumping jacks). The linear stuff also works well for standardized production and manufacturing.

But think, pendulums, minute-of-arc, navigation, triangulation, levers and fulcrums, ratchet and pawl, et cetera. The linear stuff is secondary to the angular motion.
Link Posted: 6/18/2019 7:03:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: brass] [#27]
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 12:15:29 PM EDT
[#28]
I discovered this earlier today: https://www.nasa.gov/topics/earth/features/japanquake/earth20110314.html

The calculations also show the Japan quake should have shifted the position of Earth's figure axis (the axis about which Earth's mass is balanced) by about 17 centimeters (6.5 inches), towards 133 degrees east longitude. Earth's figure axis should not be confused with its north-south axis; they are offset by about 10 meters (about 33 feet). This shift in Earth's figure axis will cause Earth to wobble a bit differently as it rotates, but it will not cause a shift of Earth's axis in space—only external forces such as the gravitational attraction of the sun, moon and planets can do that.

Both calculations will likely change as data on the quake are further refined.

In comparison, following last year's magnitude 8.8 earthquake in Chile, Gross estimated the Chile quake should have shortened the length of day by about 1.26 microseconds and shifted Earth's figure axis by about 8 centimeters (3 inches). A similar calculation performed after the 2004 magnitude 9.1 Sumatran earthquake revealed it should have shortened the length of day by 6.8 microseconds and shifted Earth's figure axis by about 7 centimeters, or 2.76 inches. How an individual earthquake affects Earth's rotation depends on its size (magnitude), location and the details of how the fault slipped.

Gross said that, in theory, anything that redistributes Earth's mass will change Earth's rotation.

"Earth's rotation changes all the time as a result of not only earthquakes, but also the much larger effects of changes in atmospheric winds and oceanic currents," he said. "Over the course of a year, the length of the day increases and decreases by about a millisecond, or about 550 times larger than the change caused by the Japanese earthquake. The position of Earth's figure axis also changes all the time, by about 1 meter (3.3 feet) over the course of a year, or about six times more than the change that should have been caused by the Japan quake."
View Quote
This yields even greater credibility to the orientation in structure shift that Mario Buildreps talks about: https://mariobuildreps.com/

It seems to be fairly substantiated that the earth's axis changes (asshole writer throws global warming into this as well): https://www.livescience.com/6937-ice-ages-blamed-tilted-earth.html

https://newatlas.com/nasa-earth-axis-shift/56443/

"There is a geometrical effect that if you have a mass that is 45 degrees from the North Pole – which Greenland is – or from the South Pole (like Patagonian glaciers), it will have a bigger impact on shifting Earth's spin axis than a mass that is right near the Pole," says Eric Ivins, co-author of the study.
View Quote
And it's also a very new discovery (a banned arfcommer pointed this out to me) that sunspot activity is related to planetary tidal forces: https://www.space.com/planets-affect-solar-cycle.html
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 5:16:52 PM EDT
[#29]
I'll definitely keep an eye out for further studies on the gravitational interaction between the planets and the solar cycle.
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 8:46:25 PM EDT
[#30]
Do those "bumps" on the ancient megalithic walls look like music notes to anyone else?
Link Posted: 6/21/2019 2:53:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RIO-lover] [#31]
Nice close up look at some of the amazing stone work at Cusco Peru.

Interesting is in some of the "repaired areas" you can see the sides / edges of some of these stones normally unseen in the finished wall.

Inca Roca Wall In Cusco Peru
Link Posted: 6/29/2019 3:03:45 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 9:48:11 AM EDT
[#33]
That's pretty cool.
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 10:52:15 AM EDT
[#34]
I just watched a documentary about middle-age knights that included the castles and the technology used to build them.

In, Guedelon, France, a group of volunteers is building a castle using only technology that would have been available at that time.

Found a video just about it.  It's an interesting research project, since they say that most of the knowledge was lost and they are trying to relearn how to do it.

Guedelon 2017 - A construction of a castle

It's cool because they do not use any modern technology like in other videos where a large crane or truck ends-up in the scene.
Link Posted: 7/1/2019 12:50:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: brass] [#35]
Link Posted: 7/5/2019 3:56:08 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 7/5/2019 8:12:47 PM EDT
[#37]
Stonehenge source found

The rocks making Stonehenge are from a quarry 180 miles away.  The other mounds in UK were generally within 10 miles of the quarry the rock came from.

Things other than Stonehenge in UK

7 Other constructions similar to Stonehenge (worldwide)
View Quote
Is anyone going to ask how these megalithic rocks were moved hundreds and in some cases thousands of miles from their quarries over undeveloped ground?
Link Posted: 7/5/2019 8:25:22 PM EDT
[#38]
Leaving for Cusco on Tuesday, and will be at Machu Picchu on the 18th. I’ll give y’all my expert assessment when I return.  
Link Posted: 7/5/2019 10:01:51 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 7/5/2019 10:02:51 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 7/6/2019 4:25:23 AM EDT
[#41]
@fyeguy

Please grab photos and post them here!  Close ups of neat stonework and other stuff we don't normally see would be appreciated.  No alien theories needed, I just think it's cool to see that sort of stuff.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By fyeguy:
Leaving for Cusco on Tuesday, and will be at Machu Picchu on the 18th. I’ll give y’all my expert assessment when I return.  
@fyeguy

Please grab photos and post them here!  Close ups of neat stonework and other stuff we don't normally see would be appreciated.  No alien theories needed, I just think it's cool to see that sort of stuff.
It would be most interesting to check stuff out of the beaten tourist path and also things that draw your attention and makes you winder who someone built it.

Take photos from different angles, far and close-ups.   If you can get details about how the boulders match and if you can see the surface in between them.  In many cases they are tight, but in some cases, earthquakes separated them a bit.
Link Posted: 7/6/2019 8:00:53 AM EDT
[#42]
Taking the DSLR, three lenses, and a dozen memory cards. Will be no shortage of photos.
Link Posted: 7/6/2019 8:02:26 AM EDT
[#43]
And not sure if it’s already been mentioned, but has anyone read America Before by Graham Hancock? Planning on reading that on the way to MP.... set the stage a little.
Link Posted: 7/6/2019 8:17:53 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Bama-Shooter:
They were smart, had lots of time and slave labor to build stuff.
View Quote
That's the answer right there.

Now let's get back to absurd hypotheses based on absolutely false assertions of fact.
Link Posted: 7/6/2019 9:58:58 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By America-first:

Now let's get back to absurd hypotheses based on absolutely false assertions of fact.
View All Quotes

No XBox, no Internet, hell what else did they have to do????
Link Posted: 7/7/2019 8:02:14 AM EDT
[#46]

@fyeguy

View Quote
+1
Link Posted: 7/7/2019 8:12:48 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By fyeguy:
View Quote
awesome.
Link Posted: 7/7/2019 11:58:24 AM EDT
[#48]

View All Quotes

Speaking of false assertions of fact. Just because some hypothesis are absurd does not mean that all are invalid or that there are not elements of truth in any of them. I am primarily interested in knowing what the pyramids were for. I do not accept that they were tombs -- not the big ones.

I mean, the later ones built by the kangz from Africa certainly were, but we see this sort of Cargo Cult shit from Africa all the time, possibly using the old tech until it broke and they couldn't fix it.

Link Posted: 7/12/2019 4:55:01 AM EDT
[#49]
That's pretty cool.
View All Quotes
That's pretty cool.
Yeah it is.

Some more vids from Egypt and Bolivia.
Evidence Of Ancient Cataclysm And Advanced Stone Machining In Egypt: Abu Sir

Exploring 200 feet Below The Giza Plateau: The Osiris Shaft

Lots of saw marks that may interest you headstoner.. The last few minutes especially.
Obvious Evidence Of Ancient Advanced Machining Technology In The Cairo Museum

Were these Giza Pyramids Rebuilt and Enlarged? New Giza Pyramid Timeline | Ancient Architects

A Natural Spring Inside the Grotto of the Great Pyramid of Egypt? | Ancient Architects

Gold Discovered in Undisturbed Ancient Pyramid Tomb | Ancient Architects
Link Posted: 7/12/2019 8:26:16 AM EDT
[#50]
All I know is,
I have a hard time cutting a straight line in one inch PVC using a modern hack saw.
Page / 74
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top