Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 6:48:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I’ve had a 400 mile range Rivian RT-1 on preorder for over 18 months. I’ll skip the gen 1 lightning. Gen 2 may be the ticket tho!
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 2:21:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Ford Releases Official EPA Range:

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/business/autos/ford/2022/03/21/heres-final-epa-estimated-battery-range-f-150-lightning/7119643001/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR1F0RxyFOx_3gLMIhISHLu6oYvoVnV9Dslj22MNpe2S0ToHyLKRy-rtyr4#Echobox=1647872753

Here is the breakdown by trim level:

F-150 Lightning Pro standard range: 230 miles
F-150 Lightning Pro extended range (fleet only): 320 miles
F-150 Lightning XLT SR: 230 miles
F-150 Lightning XLT ER: 320 miles
F-150 Lightning Lariat SR: 230 miles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER: 320 miles
F-150 Lightning Platinum: 300 miles

The extended-range battery's results surpassed the 300-mile range Ford had targeted.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 4:24:49 PM EDT
[#3]
It's to bad the Pro extended range is fleet only. That's the only one that I would be interested in.
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 8:00:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's to bad the Pro extended range is fleet only. That's the only one that I would be interested in.
View Quote

The Pro was nearly Fleet only. I'm on a few Lightning pages and virtually nobody got one...and people are in uproar about it. It was obviously a little bit of "bait and switch"....but mainly to draw attention to the low price but then sell yourself on it and then buy the XLT at minimum for 13k more.

Link Posted: 3/21/2022 8:14:49 PM EDT
[#5]
I am. It would fit my needs well
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 8:15:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Gross
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 9:01:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

The Pro was nearly Fleet only. I'm on a few Lightning pages and virtually nobody got one...and people are in uproar about it. It was obviously a little bit of "bait and switch"....but mainly to draw attention to the low price but then sell yourself on it and then buy the XLT at minimum for 13k more.

View Quote

I like the fact that the Pro has less useless bling and doesn’t have a full sized iPad stuck in the dash.
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 11:44:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

We are debating if EVs can charge themselves apparently...you know...with a device in the EV that charges the EV using energy from the EV.

Science!

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

what's going on in here...

We are debating if EVs can charge themselves apparently...you know...with a device in the EV that charges the EV using energy from the EV.

Science!

Yay for the American educational system.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 10:31:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Money. Companies don’t like self sustainable products like that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What prevents electric car makers from installing something that uses the vehicle to charge itself, like an alternator in a gas powered vehicle?

Money. Companies don’t like self sustainable products like that.

You mean like that prius with the solar panel roof that didn't last too long.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 10:44:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm pretty sure the solar panel roof was like 50w of electricity. Between the weight and rollover protection loss, it wasn't worth it. The main benefit was it could be used to power a fan to circulate air when parked in the sun

Between the roof, hood, and bedcover, it's been calculated that the Lightning could get about 10-12 miles in a day at work. Doesn't sound like a ton, but that's almost enough to get you home if driving to work fairly low.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 10:49:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I'm pretty sure the solar panel roof was like 50w of electricity. Between the weight and rollover protection loss, it wasn't worth it. The main benefit was it could be used to power a fan to circulate air when parked in the sun

Between the roof, hood, and bedcover, it's been calculated that the Lightning could get about 10-12 miles in a day at work. Doesn't sound like a ton, but that's almost enough to get you home if driving to work fairly low.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds like a lot of expense for a very rare problem.

It'd be neat if it was a cheap option but that doesn't sound cheap.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 11:40:25 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where are you seeing the 10-12 figure?
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 12:11:55 PM EDT
[#13]
If only there were some type of fuel that vehicles could run on that was readily available and only took minutes to refill and get back on the road when empty.  A bonus would be that you could store some fuel in the event you needed extra in an emergency.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 12:15:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Fuck that noise. This is a Lightning

Link Posted: 3/22/2022 1:07:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

My crews work 6-330. They drive to a job to work and then drive back to the shop. Plenty of time to fully recharge each night and no more gas station stops
View Quote

But they will still stop at the gas station to get gut bombs.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 2:18:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Sounds like a lot of expense for a very rare problem.

It'd be neat if it was a cheap option but that doesn't sound cheap.
View Quote

Totally agree.

Quoted:

Where are you seeing the 10-12 figure?
View Quote

The interwebs. That was assuming it was FMC sponsored and allowed the use of the onboard charger. A converter and then inverter would negate virtually any gains as well as some new high efficiency panels.

Quoted:
If only there were some type of fuel that vehicles could run on that was readily available and only took minutes to refill and get back on the road when empty.  A bonus would be that you could store some fuel in the event you needed extra in an emergency.
View Quote

To be fair, you can store electricity and gasoline does go bad when stored. Also, for most people, they don't need 300+ miles each day. The vehicle generally sits while the person is sleeping, which happens to be the cheapest time for electricity pricing AND no issue with $6/gal gas.

There are always tradeoffs.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 2:40:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My crews work 6-330. They drive to a job to work and then drive back to the shop. Plenty of time to fully recharge each night and no more gas station stops

20min after break's over

Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top