User Panel

Who watches Anime? (Page 228 of 765)
Page / 765
Link Posted: 12/2/2019 12:08:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Hunter-Killer:
Question for those that have seen My Hero Academia:

I’m about halfway though S2 and so far it’s okay.  However, it is becoming increasingly annoying how it seems nearly every episode Izuku cries his eyes out like some emotional jr high girl that just got dumped in front of the whole school.  Without any spoilers can y’all tell me if he ever stops doing that?
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/2/2019 12:58:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Haha, well you were right.  The whole zombie thing came out of nowhere.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JPN:

Nope.  It was a different 'zombies attack the school' series, that aired sometime after Highschool of the Dead.

School Live
Would have had more impact, if you hadn't been told it was a zombie show, wouldn't it?

Just another slice of life show, with the main characters in a school club that's a little unique, then...
Link Posted: 12/2/2019 3:10:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/2/2019 3:19:06 AM EDT
[#4]
https://media0.giphy.com/media/Zi9GIIyvrijRu/giphy.gif
View All Quotes

I’m about halfway though S2 and so far it’s okay.  However, it is becoming increasingly annoying how it seems nearly every episode Izuku cries his eyes out like some emotional jr high girl that just got dumped in front of the whole school.  Without any spoilers can y’all tell me if he ever stops doing that?
I've only read the manga but yes. The story actually gets kinda dark too in later chapters.
Link Posted: 12/2/2019 3:53:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Would have had more impact, if you hadn't been told it was a zombie show, wouldn't it?

Just another slice of life show, with the main characters in a school club that's a little unique, then...
View All Quotes

Nope.  It was a different 'zombies attack the school' series, that aired sometime after Highschool of the Dead.

School Live

I wouldn’t have watched it though.  I stopped watching with about 4 episodes left.  I just found myself not caring about any of the characters.  I read the episode summaries on Wikipedia and can’t say I regret throwing the towel in.
Link Posted: 12/3/2019 2:43:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Darkstar117] [#6]
[     ]
Link Posted: 12/3/2019 5:16:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Darkstar117:

You might want to watch episode 8...
View Quote
8 wasn't out yet when I posted that.
Link Posted: 12/4/2019 12:14:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By zoom6zoom:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By zoom6zoom:

You might want to watch episode 8...
That's the Yuri one with guns, jet skis and tits right?
Link Posted: 12/4/2019 12:28:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JPN] [#9]
Originally Posted By Bacon_Grease:

That's the Yuri one with guns, jet skis and tits right?
View Quote
Make that 'racing jets skis', and I think you have pretty much covered it.

ETA: ...and guns that fire 'water bullets' that function similar to paintball, but cause clothing to pop off or engines to throttle down, as a way to show damage.
Link Posted: 12/4/2019 5:04:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: miklofromthebarrio] [#10]
I finished up Black Lagoon last night, started drinking, and ordered two replica WE M9 Sword Cutlasses which I have no use for because I don't play airsoft.

Next up is Chobits - it should be good brain bleach for the shit that I just watched.
Link Posted: 12/4/2019 10:22:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LittlePony] [#11]
Originally Posted By miklofromthebarrio:
I finished up Black Lagoon last night, started drinking, and ordered two replica WE M9 Sword Cutlasses which I have no use for because I don't play airsoft.

Next up is Chobits - it should be good brain bleach for the shit that I just watched.
View Quote
danm, chobits is almost old enough to be called classic.

pretty soon the 90s is going to become the 80s if you catch my drift
Link Posted: 12/4/2019 11:50:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By LittlePony:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By LittlePony:

I saw the first episode (I think) 16 years ago, but never got around to finishing it... when I was 16. Getting old is weird.
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 1:15:13 AM EDT
[#13]
This year's Black Friday / Cyber Monday anime sales were kind of lame.
The only things I bought were Chobits, Land of the Lustrous, Godannar(On bluray), and Lord Marksman and Vanadis.
Way way less from last year's sales
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 1:29:59 AM EDT
[#14]
Just finished castlevania. It was excellent.
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 1:55:48 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By DarkCharisma:
View Quote
Is that technically anime?  Regardless, yeah, it was pretty good.  I’m looking forward to S3.
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 2:18:30 AM EDT
[#16]

View Quote
You don't need to play airsoft. You can put them on the wall and play with them when you're bored. Pellet traps are cheap.

Chobits was an excellent, if slightly weird anime that has a happy ending (for sufficient values of). Good choice.
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 2:39:53 AM EDT
[#17]

Make that 'racing jets skis', and I think you have pretty much covered it.

ETA: ...and guns that fire 'water bullets' that function similar to paintball, but cause clothing to pop off or engines to throttle down, as a way to show damage.
View Quote
Ya that's the one.

Originally Posted By DarkCharisma:
View Quote
I really need to see that one.
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 2:53:56 AM EDT
[#18]
I'm on the second season of K-On and I'm rather enjoying the relaxing normalcy of the series compared to others I tend to watch.
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 9:45:03 AM EDT
[#19]

View Quote
Maaaaaaan, talk about memories. Chobits was one of the first complete series I ever watched. Really liked it as I gave it an 8/10.
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 9:57:53 AM EDT
[#20]
I've just discovered/ rediscovered my inner weeaboo!! I'm watching SAO MHA and high score girl anyone else watching these? I 'm also watching Naruto on Netflix while waiting on the next new releases of those shows on kissanime. Hi I'm rob and I'm developing a Pervy Sage addiction!!!
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 12:12:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Yeah, I'm on the second season of High Score Girl.
No idea why they even have a voice actor for the one girl, she's never said a word the entire series. Must be an easy gig.
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 12:57:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Darkstar117] [#22]
[     ]
Link Posted: 12/7/2019 2:11:55 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 12/7/2019 8:51:37 AM EDT
[#24]
Is that the new golgo 13 or the old one.

The newer series I was a big fan of. As Golgo never shows emotion and is like an enigmatic Terminator. Also he does a lot of crazy assassin stuff that has you going wait wut. Like shooting water in just the right angle to hit a guy in the head.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By il_veltro:

Streaming on Amazon Prime now:

Goku: Midnight Eye
Golgo 13
Robot Carnival
Is that the new golgo 13 or the old one.

The newer series I was a big fan of. As Golgo never shows emotion and is like an enigmatic Terminator. Also he does a lot of crazy assassin stuff that has you going wait wut. Like shooting water in just the right angle to hit a guy in the head.
1983 movie.
Link Posted: 12/7/2019 2:19:25 PM EDT
[#25]
She’s here. Finally here!

Link Posted: 12/9/2019 2:11:07 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By il_veltro:

1983 movie.
View Quote
You should check out the newer stuff. It's better in my opinion even though the 1983 movie was good.

Originally Posted By Xerith:
She’s here. Finally here!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oacl5tGFaa4
View Quote
I know right it took way too long but I guess if she's overpowered they couldn't do it right away.
Link Posted: 12/13/2019 5:08:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 12/13/2019 5:43:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Seiran:
Guess I need to suffer through the first part of the Ali arc now. Been putting that off because everyone seems to hate it.
View Quote
Spend your free time “suffering through” something? Why not just watch something else?

I never thought SAO was very good, but it started off watchable.  After the gun game arc it dropped off in a hurry.  I threw in the towel somewhere around the AIDS kids or whatever the hell that was.
Link Posted: 12/13/2019 5:56:17 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 12/13/2019 6:14:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Commander_Keen] [#30]
Just started watching Hikaru no Go. Sub and dub are on Hulu. It's an old-ish one, and revolves around a game I barely know the rules to, but at least has my attention through the first few episodes.
Link Posted: 12/13/2019 6:15:56 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 12/13/2019 6:30:49 PM EDT
[#32]
I'm watching other stuff, yeah, I just need to get caught up on SAO.
View Quote
That's what the recap episode is for

I will say the core concept of this alicaztion arc is pretty good. They've just made tons of horrible decisions on the direction.

Almost to D&D and jar jar Abrams levels.

There's constantly epic scenes and fights presented with no build up or reference. Until it's actually happening. It feels like they've compressed a whole series of light novels into a season of anime.

Do give a chance though you won't be as disappointed.
Link Posted: 12/13/2019 6:34:37 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Commander_Keen:
Just started watching Hikaru no Go. Sub and dub are on Hulu. It's an old-ish one, and revolves around a game I barely know the rules to, but at least has my attention through the first few episodes.
View Quote
Hulu has gintama now too. If there was one series I can suggest to all it's that one.
Link Posted: 12/13/2019 6:50:13 PM EDT
[#34]

I will say the core concept of this alicaztion arc is pretty good. They've just made tons of horrible decisions on the direction.

There's constantly epic scenes and fights presented with no build up or reference. Until it's actually happening. It feels like they've compressed a whole series of light novels into a season of anime.

View All Quotes
I'm watching other stuff, yeah, I just need to get caught up on SAO.

And what small chance there was I would pick SAO back up just went out the window.
Link Posted: 12/13/2019 7:04:27 PM EDT
[#35]

And what small chance there was I would pick SAO back up just went out the window.
View Quote
Luckily there's no sjw focused stuff.

But I've been watching and thought someone put this in because they thought it would be cool. Not because it makes sense.

And to be fair I said almost
Link Posted: 12/13/2019 7:24:17 PM EDT
[#36]

But I've been watching and thought someone put this in because they thought it would be cool. Not because it makes sense.

View All Quotes

“Almost” is enough for me.  Hell “slight resemblance” would have been enough for me.
Link Posted: 12/13/2019 9:27:35 PM EDT
[#37]
for got to mention that we finished shield hero, we liked it, wish there was some eye candy for us but oh well, seeing the pope getting destroyed was funny.
Link Posted: 12/13/2019 9:31:22 PM EDT
[#38]
Just finished watching Konosuba. I really, really enjoyed it after binge-watching it for the past week while recovering in bed, movie was great too. Funniest anime I've ever seen, this needs a season 3! Even some movie reviewers like Roger Avery loved it.

Link Posted: 12/13/2019 9:43:39 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Hesperus:
Okay. Hopefully this will be the last thing I say about Madoka Magica for awhile.
Hopefully.
View Quote
@Hesperus

I was told, rather directly across a coffee table, that your idea about the chemical separation theory would provide "a very good and clinical definition" to a rather complex setting. I apologize for the length of time it has taken for this reply.

From what little I know, I would believe Magia Record should be right up your alley. It airs next season.
Link Posted: 12/13/2019 10:15:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hesperus] [#40]

Hesperus

I was told, rather directly across a coffee table, that your idea about the chemical separation theory would provide "a very good and clinical definition" to a rather complex setting. I apologize for the length of time it has taken for this reply.

From what little I know, I would believe Magia Record should be right up your alley. It airs next season.
View Quote
In short. Thank you I really do appreciate it.

The process was followed to its conclusion, the lizards eyes opened and an explanation was even discovered for the screwball collection of guns that Homura pulled on Mami.

I mean, how often does one encounter one of these thingies?

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Perhaps it was intended as an absurdly discrete reference to another anime series.
Attachment Attached File

Oh and clear out your inbox please.
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 1:01:37 AM EDT
[#41]

The process was followed to its conclusion, the lizards eyes opened and an explanation was even discovered for the screwball collection of guns that Homura pulled on Mami.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/383325/image_jpeg-1194880.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/383325/image_jpeg-1194890.JPG

Perhaps it was intended as an absurdly discrete reference to another anime series.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/383325/image_jpeg-1194899.JPG
View All Quotes

Hesperus

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/383325/image_jpeg-1194880.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/383325/image_jpeg-1194890.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/383325/image_jpeg-1194899.JPG
That last one.....

Link Posted: 12/14/2019 1:04:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Hesperus] [#42]

That last one.....

https://media.tenor.com/images/9cab424e9fbc3b168c3506add960f89e/tenor.gif
View Quote
Mezzo DSA.

Fun series, very weird. First heard about it here.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WMU8lGz4iwk
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 2:39:15 PM EDT
[#43]
Today’s Fire Force episode was the shinra and sho fight. Holy shit it did not disappoint!
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 4:36:02 PM EDT
[#44]
View All Quotes

I'm about halfway though S2 and so far it's okay.  However, it is becoming increasingly annoying how it seems nearly every episode Izuku cries his eyes out like some emotional jr high girl that just got dumped in front of the whole school.  Without any spoilers can y'all tell me if he ever stops doing that?
It gets a lot better
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 4:37:48 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By corrosionguy:
It gets a lot better
View All Quotes

I'm about halfway though S2 and so far it's okay.  However, it is becoming increasingly annoying how it seems nearly every episode Izuku cries his eyes out like some emotional jr high girl that just got dumped in front of the whole school.  Without any spoilers can y'all tell me if he ever stops doing that?
It gets a lot better
The quality of the show in general or the main character's annoyingly frequent crying?
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 4:48:36 PM EDT
[#46]
Saw some clip of Ascendance of a Bookworm randomly on my youtube feed and then proceeded to binge watch it.

It's a pretty cute series with next to no filler.
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 5:57:10 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Zephri:
Saw some clip of Ascendance of a Bookworm randomly on my youtube feed and then proceeded to binge watch it.

It's a pretty cute series with next to no filler.
View Quote
Looks like a second season is scheduled for Spring 2020.
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 7:51:20 PM EDT
[#48]

Looks like a second season is scheduled for Spring 2020.
View Quote
Oh hell yes!
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 10:10:09 PM EDT
[#49]
The quality of the show in general or the main character's annoyingly frequent crying?
View All Quotes

It gets a lot better
Both, the show begins to focus on a lot of character development and they all mature a lot, especially Deku. He still cries like a bitch, just not as much
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 5:28:34 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Xerith:
Today’s Fire Force episode was the shinra and sho fight. Holy shit it did not disappoint!
View Quote
Yes - IMHO great graphics and great sound FX made the fight worthwhile...
Page / 765
Who watches Anime? (Page 228 of 765)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top