Redo of Healer looks...interesting.

Link Posted: 2/7/2021 5:58:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By brasscrossedrifles:
Redo of Healer looks...interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fc65e0xDLsQ
View Quote

It’s okay if you’re into wholesome stuff.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 10:37:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By DprvdDgnrt:
Always loved Claymore such a fucking cool show...... manga set just arrived

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/517465/B13662C1-1EB6-4715-B82F-80EE6D72317D_jpe-1814733.JPG

View Quote

Awesome show. I should give that a rewatch.
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 11:47:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Commander_Keen:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Always loved Claymore such a fucking cool show...... manga set just arrived

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/517465/B13662C1-1EB6-4715-B82F-80EE6D72317D_jpe-1814733.JPG

Still say that's my favorite series of all time.
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 6:26:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Controversial view point in...3....2....

I hope the inclusion of the black character on AoT was more about their educational montage of how clueless/isolated they were to the outside wold, and not some pandering/woke attempt cause it's 'black history month'

I don't know how much amine has ever done stuff like this, the Japanese don't seam like the type to give a fuck, but I don't know.
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 11:56:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By BB868:

I hope the inclusion of the black character on AoT was more about their educational montage of how clueless/isolated they were to the outside wold, and not some pandering/woke attempt cause it's 'black history month'

I don't know how much amine has ever done stuff like this, the Japanese don't seam like the type to give a fuck, but I don't know.
View Quote

Considering that AoT is consistently called fascist propaganda and its Japanese, no, its not woke.
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 1:48:56 PM EDT
[#10]

View Quote

their educational montage of how clueless/isolated they were to the outside wold

I’m going with this, don’t ruin it for me, this season is insane, and the story is coming together perfectly.
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 5:29:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By LittlePony:

Considering that AoT is consistently called fascist propaganda and its Japanese, no, its not woke.
View All Quotes

That doesn't take much though. Look at how Gate is ultra right wing because it doesn't paint the JSDF as the IJA in Nanking
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 6:37:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By RandomGuy1911A1:

That doesn't take much though. Look at how Gate is ultra right wing because it doesn't paint the JSDF as the IJA in Nanking
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/8/2021 6:48:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Hunter-Killer:
Whenever I see any of y’all talk about depressing anime you knew (or at least should have strongly suspected) was going to be depressing but you went ahead and watched it anyway thus making you depressed I can’t help but immediately think of this.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/258158/6320EB98-D3FA-4A63-8DA8-B204C897CD15_jpe-1805809.JPG

Unfortunately I couldn’t use the gif of him saying it with the smoking hot naked chick riding him.
View Quote

Pretty much me binging re:zero getting caught up to the simulcast
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 7:25:08 PM EDT
[#14]

View Quote

Originally Posted By pokey074:
Still say that's my favorite series of all time.
View Quote

Did you guys watch the dub?

I almost wish I hadn’t because I’m just staring the first volume and I can hears Rakis squeaky voice as I read all of his dialog
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 8:06:19 PM EDT
[#15]
This seems like the right thread to ask.  I remember an anime that came out about 2003 ish timeframe where in the beginning a dude and a chick were shopping or some shit at a mall.  It was very peaceful right up till someone started bombing the shit out of the city.  Any ideas on what the name was?
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 9:02:51 PM EDT
[#16]

View Quote

Virtually all anime has one giant black guy, with about 5% of those being cross dressing queens.
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 10:27:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By chR15:
This seems like the right thread to ask.  I remember an anime that came out about 2003 ish timeframe where in the beginning a dude and a chick were shopping or some shit at a mall.  It was very peaceful right up till someone started bombing the shit out of the city.  Any ideas on what the name was?
View Quote

Like bombing with a plane? Or planting bombs?
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 10:58:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By beitodesstrafe:

View All Quotes

I think they were dropped from planes.  It changed the feel instantly; from people shopping and chit chatting to buildings crumbling.
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 11:41:53 PM EDT
[#19]
View Quote

It was a show and not a one off or a movie right? Did you only watch the first ep? Was a modern setting or a future setting? You saw it on TV around 2003ish? There was only so much anime on American TV back than, so that would cut it down the options.

Funny I know a manga that starts out the same way, but instead of planes a bunch of giant man eating gold fish attack.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 12:56:15 AM EDT
[#20]
I just finished The day I became a God.  It got a little dusty in my house towards the end and my eyes started sweating a tiny bit but I still enjoyed it.  Even though it was a really good story I don't think I'd watch a second season of this because in my opinion there is only one logical way to continue the story and I couldn't bear to watch it.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 1:01:50 AM EDT
[#21]
View Quote

Do you remember any other details or would you recognize the title if you saw it?  I know there is a list of all anime released in the US by decade on Wikipedia if you think you would possibly recognize the title.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 1:22:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Hunter-Killer] [#22]
I was looking for a wholesome anime to counterbalance Redo of Healer and I definitely found it with Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear.  It was basically 80% BOFURI: I Don't Want to Get Hurt, so I'll Max Out My Defense and 20% That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime.

Make sure you watch the sub for this one though.  For some reason they thought the best choice for the 15 year old MC in the dub was a VA that sounds like she's 40.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/9/2021 5:34:54 AM EDT
[#23]
I was looking for a wholesome anime to counterbalance Redo of Healer and I definitely found it with Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear.  It was basically 80% BOFURI: I Don't Want to Get Hurt, so I'll Max Out My Defense and 20% That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime.

Make sure you watch the sub for this one though.  For some reason they thought the best choice for the 15 year old MC in the dub was a VA that sounds like she's 40.

https://media1.tenor.com/images/d4fce298666a5884f1a548aa8e05ef5f/tenor.gif?itemid=18545621

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/258158/993A9B96-9AA2-425D-ACDC-2FF57E3A8381_png-1817236.JPG
View Quote

you'll be happy to know they've already announced a season 2. side observation tid-bit, the place I get all my toys and collectables, the pre-order of her figure went rather fast,( I got one )
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 5:36:19 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By iliketatertots:
I just finished The day I became a God.  It got a little dusty in my house towards the end and my eyes started sweating a tiny bit but I still enjoyed it.  Even though it was a really good story I don't think I'd watch a second season of this because in my opinion there is only one logical way to continue the story and I couldn't bear to watch it.
View Quote

Yep, and same.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 8:11:14 AM EDT
[#25]

https://media1.tenor.com/images/d4fce298666a5884f1a548aa8e05ef5f/tenor.gif?itemid=18545621

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/258158/993A9B96-9AA2-425D-ACDC-2FF57E3A8381_png-1817236.JPG
View Quote

Kuma Kuma Kuma bear is a great mix of cuteness, juvenile plot lines, and little flashes of genius.

(I can't help but think about 'Lain' when I see the bear PJs, but she is definitely not Lain.)

Link Posted: 2/9/2021 10:32:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Darkstar117] [#26]
[     ]
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 5:25:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By targetworks:

Kuma Kuma Kuma bear is a great mix of cuteness, juvenile plot lines, and little flashes of genius.

(I can't help but think about 'Lain' when I see the bear PJs, but she is definitely not Lain.)

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By targetworks:

Given the very wholesome feel of the anime one thing that really stood out to me was in the 2nd episode when the MC randomly accused that guy she literally just met of being a pedo.  The guy was simply taking care of his dead friend's widow and her two young daughters and she interrogates him about whether he is after the little girl when there was nothing to suggest he was.

Something VERY dark from the LN that they left out of the anime:

Click To View Spoiler
That might have seemed a bit out of place in the anime.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 10:36:39 PM EDT
[#28]
i know it is wrong to laugh ... but

Link Posted: 2/9/2021 10:45:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LittlePony] [#29]
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 10:49:45 PM EDT
[#30]

I don't know why I expected the second one to be different...
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 11:16:02 PM EDT
[#31]

View Quote

i fixed it.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 11:24:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: chango78] [#32]
Originally Posted By TheOTHERmaninblack:

Virtually all anime has one giant black guy, with about 5% of those being cross dressing queens.
View All Quotes

I can honestly only think of one really awesome black character in Anime...

BLACK LAGOON'S DUTCH |BLACK HISTORY MONTH 2019|

Not like there's diversity or race wars in Japan I guess... 98% of anime characters are Japanese or Japanese aliens, Japanese god/demons or Japanese robots.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 11:56:04 PM EDT
[#33]

i fixed it.
View All Quotes

i fixed it.

I am not sure the edit made it better...
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 12:10:42 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By m0388:

It was a show and not a one off or a movie right? Did you only watch the first ep? Was a modern setting or a future setting? You saw it on TV around 2003ish? There was only so much anime on American TV back than, so that would cut it down the options.

Funny I know a manga that starts out the same way, but instead of planes a bunch of giant man eating gold fish attack.
View All Quotes

Originally Posted By Darkstar117:

Almost sounds like something similar to Eden of the East, but EotE came out in 2009.

Last Exile, maybe?

I think we're going to need a few more details, if you can remember any.

Appreciate the tip, may have to keep digging through wikipedia for those years.. hey hack.//sign!  I don't remember anything else, I've had a few bumps on the ol noggin since then.  It was that opening scene that really grabbed my attention.  I'll post up if I run across it!
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 12:12:33 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By chango78:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTXkRhV3F0M

Not like there's diversity or race wars in Japan I guess... 98% of anime characters are Japanese or Japanese aliens, Japanese god/demons or Japanese robots.
View All Quotes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTXkRhV3F0M

I never said they were all awesome.
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 12:15:25 AM EDT
[#36]

View Quote

Not trying to argue anything, just noting there's a shortage of good black characters in anime...
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 12:23:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: odiedodi] [#37]

View All Quotes

Mate they didn't draw it this month lol. It's based off of the manga, which as far as I could tell, didn't come out anywhere near black history month.
There are definitely shows and works that have leftist slants, but typically you won't see "woke" stuff, because it's not something that effects their society at all, for the most part, and typically when it does they are against it, not in favor of it. The only time it's generally a problem is when something is brought over for dubbing, as the translators and VAs can alter it to insert whatever bullshit they want.

Appreciate the tip, may have to keep digging through wikipedia for those years.. hey hack.//sign!  I don't remember anything else, I've had a few bumps on the ol noggin since then.  It was that opening scene that really grabbed my attention.  I'll post up if I run across it!

Tokyo magnatude 8.0 has an earthquake at a mall but that came out way later.

Link Posted: 2/10/2021 3:15:29 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By odiedodi:
Mate they didn't draw it this month lol. It's based off of the manga, which as far as I could tell, didn't come out anywhere near black history month.
There are definitely shows and works that have leftist slants, but typically you won't see "woke" stuff, because it's not something that effects their society at all, for the most part, and typically when it does they are against it, not in favor of it. The only time it's generally a problem is when something is brought over for dubbing, as the translators and VAs can alter it to insert whatever bullshit they want.
View Quote

Dutch from Black Lagoon was the first one I thought of. There was also Argo from Sword Art Online. There was the half Russian in Durrarara. The bounty host on Cowboy Bebop. There was the Afro Samurai thing too. Recurring black male characters are not that common in anime. When they show up it's not for checking some boxes, at least not yet. Companies like Soyny are moving in.

Someone posted awhile back a manga that showed that the same crap we face here is cropping up over there too. Basically a happy go lucky school girl stumbles into a Japanese Antifa rally and things go south for her, and she has to get rescued by the Japanese Proud Boys. It was only about one chapter but I found it interesting how similar some things were. The media being untruthful and misleading the public like they are here was sad but not surprising.

If anybody has a link to that manga I would like to see if there was more.
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 3:49:18 AM EDT
[#39]

Dutch from Black Lagoon was the first one I thought of. There was also Argo from Sword Art Online. There was the half Russian in Durrarara. The bounty host on Cowboy Bebop. There was the Afro Samurai thing too. Recurring black male characters are not that common in anime. When they show up it's not for checking some boxes, at least not yet. Companies like Soyny are moving in.

Someone posted awhile back a manga that showed that the same crap we face here is cropping up over there too. Basically a happy go lucky school girl stumbles into a Japanese Antifa rally and things go south for her, and she has to get rescued by the Japanese Proud Boys. It was only about one chapter but I found it interesting how similar some things were. The media being untruthful and misleading the public like they are here was sad but not surprising.

View All Quotes

Fry-Cracker Be Filling Me With Magazines | Aqua Teen Hunger | Adult Swim
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 9:46:48 AM EDT
[#40]

View All Quotes

I'm well aware it wasn't drawn this month (and I don't read the manga) but I'm pretty sure they knew when it should air. I had just came from reading through my favorite thread here that I go through everyday--the Dank Meme thread, in which shit like that IS pointed out.....ad nauseam....So it kinda popped in my head, and I asked. I didn't think the Japanese cared about that shit, but wasn't 100% sure, so I guess it's not, we can all move along now and talk about Cat Girls and Anime Boobs
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 12:46:26 PM EDT
[#41]

I am not sure the edit made it better...
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/10/2021 12:59:06 PM EDT
[#42]
My best friend watches that shit... I don't get it,  grown men watching cartoons.  
Now excuse me while I catch up on Family Guy.
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 1:03:39 PM EDT
[#43]

Not trying to argue anything, just noting there's a shortage of good black characters in anime...
View All Quotes

You don't think Mr. Popo and Superalloy Darkshine are good characters?
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 3:15:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: m0388] [#44]
Originally Posted By barnbwt:

You don't think Mr. Popo and Superalloy Darkshine are good characters?
View Quote

I remember when they tuned Mr. Popo blue because raceaceaceisms.
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 3:26:37 PM EDT
[#45]

View Quote

What about Jynx?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 3:44:28 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 4:13:27 PM EDT
[#47]
View All Quotes

What about Jynx?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/517465/E2757EA7-3347-458F-B498-658617C7E12A_jpe-1818991.JPG

What in the world is going on here.

Link Posted: 2/10/2021 7:24:25 PM EDT
[#48]
I'm currently watching Ascendance of a Bookworm and Yurucamp with my oldest daughter (10). Any suggestions for further watching? MCs with blue hair are not strictly necessary, but not a detractor, either.
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 7:32:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DprvdDgnrt] [#49]
I'm currently watching Ascendance of a Bookworm and Yurucamp with my oldest daughter (10). Any suggestions for further watching? MCs with blue hair are not strictly necessary, but not a detractor, either.
View Quote

Non Non Byori for sure

It’s my favorite slice of life show about a super small town and the handful of girls that live there

It’s packed with funny moments and it’s the type of show that just flat out cheers me up

Link Posted: 2/10/2021 8:10:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dog-meat] [#50]
The fish flopping scene.

It’s very interesting.

This show. Lol.
Page / 763
Who watches Anime? (Page 345 of 763)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top