User Panel

Site Notices
Who watches Anime? (Page 351 of 763)
Page / 763
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 11:42:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By pokey074:
So I got around to checking out the VRV Roku app. To watch Redo of Healer I gotta have a subscription to HIDIVE too???
View Quote

The Premium subscription includes Crunchyroll, Hidive and a few other things.

Link Posted: 2/19/2021 12:13:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Commander_Keen:
Thanks for everyone's input! I'm just going to drop this list of 10-ish y/o-approved watchables here for future reference:

Ascendance of a Bookworm
Yurucamp
A Place Further than the Universe
K-On
Little Witch Acadamia
Non Non Biyori
Nichijou
Didn't I Say to Make My Abilities Average in the Next Life
If It's for My Daughter I'd Even Defeat a Demon Lord
Mitsuboshi Colors
My Next Life as a Villainess All Routes Lead to Doom!
My Roommate is a Cat
The Demon Girl Next Door
Moretsu Pirates (Bodacious Space Pirates)
Sora no Woto (Sound of the Skies)
New Game!
Hidamari Sketch
Tamayura
A-Channel
Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi (Bridge to the Starry Skies)
Black Rock Shooter (Movie)
Girls und Panzer
Kiniro Mosaic
Barakamon
Amanchu!
Kemono Friends
Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon (Ms. Kobayashi's Dragon Maid)
Asobi Asobase
Irozuku Sekai no Ashita kara (Iroduku: The World in Colors)
Maoujou de Oyasumi (Sleepy Princess in the Demon Castle)
Minami-ke
Bamboo Blade
Shinryaku! Ika Musume (Invasion! The Squid Girl)
GJ-Bu
RDG: Red Data Girl
Show by Rock!
Flying Witch
Slow Start
View Quote

The Ryuo's Work is Never Done! might be another good one. I can't recall anything "lewd" outside of maybe the guy being accused of being a pervert due to misunderstandings. Also some of the girls have a crush on him, but it's clearly one sided.

It'll also be a good one for people who just like watching lolis do cute things.

Link Posted: 2/19/2021 12:42:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By DragoMuseveni:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DragoMuseveni:
So I got around to checking out the VRV Roku app. To watch Redo of Healer I gotta have a subscription to HIDIVE too???

VRV includes the premium services for Crunchyroll and Hidive plus 4 other channels (rooster teeth, Mondo, cartoon hangover, and VRV select) for $9.99 + any applicable taxes.  It's a better deal than just Crunchyroll premium in my opinion.  There are a lot of great shows on Hidive that aren't available on Crunchyroll or Funimation.  I don't know what is on the other channels besides Crunchyroll or Hidive because I don't use them so I don't know if they are worth paying extra for but Hidive is.
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 12:49:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By wswartzendruber:
I'm just over here thinking Bleach is neat. Like a pleb.
View Quote

Bleach is fun and one of the things I used to get my kid into anime

It suffers from being repetitive, power creep and kinda slammed together in the end.
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 12:53:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 1:06:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Don't know if it was intentional, or just a coincidence, but just as Nadeshiko's grandmother's house turned out to be a vacant lot in google street view (with matching geography and surrounding buildings), the location of Nadeshiko's house is a vacant lot in google street view.

I added the google maps coordinates to the latest list I posted, and put it under the current episode.
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 1:30:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: odiedodi] [#7]
Originally Posted By JPN:
Don't know if it was intentional, or just a coincidence, but just as Nadeshiko's grandmother's house turned out to be a vacant lot in google street view (with matching geography and surrounding buildings), the location of Nadeshiko's house is a vacant lot in google street view.

I added the google maps coordinates to the latest list I posted, and put it under the current episode.
View Quote
They might have selected places that weren't actual homes, because people do go to places featured in anime. Sure would suck if otakus were on your lawn day and night snapping photos because your house was in a cartoon.

Persona 5 got VERY detailed with their replication of Tokyo.

Visiting Persona 5 Locations In REAL LIFE! // Solo Travel Japan Vlog #7

Link Posted: 2/19/2021 1:49:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JPN] [#8]
Originally Posted By odiedodi:
They might have selected places that weren't actual homes, because people do go to places featured in anime. Sure would suck if otakus were on your lawn day and night snapping photos because your house was in a cartoon.
View Quote

I just meant that both turned out to be vacant lots.

Rin's house in google street view looks like some abandoned workshop or old storage building (location is right, but the building is completely different).  Just down the road is the location of the bookstore that Rin works at, and the building at that spot looks vaguely similar to the bookstore in the anime (building is a little wider), but it's definitely not a bookstore and looks run down (not quite abandoned looking, or not as abandoned looking as the building where Rin's house should be).  

I found a restaurant that is similar to the one that Nadeshiko works at, but it's closer to the train station than it should be, and there are parts of the building that look right, and other parts that don't look right.  Moving down the street toward where the anime shows the restaurant should be, there are a few buildings that have a few features of the restaurant shown in the anime, so it's likely they took pictures of various buildings along that street and made a fictional restaurant that is a composite of several buildings.

Most other locations from the anime are near perfect copies (and in the correct location) of what is shown in the anime.  Some have the same name used in the anime, some have a different name (some are similar, some are completely different).

Link Posted: 2/19/2021 2:04:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Hunter-Killer] [#9]
I watched this week's episode of Redo of Healer (had to wait for the non-fucked subtitled uncensored version) and...

Click To View Spoiler

Next on the “hit” list:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 2:15:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 2:24:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Keekleberrys:

Nadeshikos sister Sakura is my waifu. Best girl hubba hubba.
View Quote

You must be happy about the fanservice in the latest episode.
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 6:49:17 AM EDT
[#12]
This is the writer of Redo of Healer.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/19/2021 7:01:06 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Hunter-Killer:
I watched this week's episode of Redo of Healer (had to wait for the non-fucked subtitled uncensored version) and...

Click To View Spoiler

Next on the “hit” list:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/258158/C3D0B5A1-C1DF-4BDE-B72E-BCCEE2C2F8D0_jpe-1831665.JPG
View Quote

Hahah right?

Honestly I’ve been ready for it to be but turn ever since I seen her shit-eating grin in the OP
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 7:27:38 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By DprvdDgnrt:

Hahah right?

Honestly I’ve been ready for it to be but turn ever since I seen her shit-eating grin in the OP
View All Quotes

Click To View Spoiler

Next on the “hit” list:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/258158/C3D0B5A1-C1DF-4BDE-B72E-BCCEE2C2F8D0_jpe-1831665.JPG

Hahah right?

She’s probably the only character on the show that has even a slightly complex personality.  She looks down on her sister, but wants to be like her.  She thinks her sister is a moron, but wants to be accepted by her.

Also, besides the king, she is the only person the MC is concerned about and she’s a 14 year old girl.
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 7:49:00 AM EDT
[#15]
The Promised Neverland has turned into one of those shows where you don’t think it’s good anymore, but you keep watching because it use to be great and you’re hoping maybe they can turn it around.  However, with each passing episode it seems less and less likely.

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

Personally, that doesn't bother me, as it could be 'explained' with the time jump, and others had to have been working on something like that already, my issue is....

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 2:13:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: pokey074] [#16]
OK, I finally understand. Cancelled my Crunchyroll premium subscription and subscribed to VRV premium.

Now, which version of Redo of Healer do I want to watch: subtitled broadcast, or subtitled redo?

Also, any other series I should be taking a look at that I wouldn't have had access too with just Crunchyroll?

Amazing how Crunchyroll works better through the VRV app than it does in its own.
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 2:42:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By BB868:

Personally, that doesn't bother me, as it could be 'explained' with the time jump, and others had to have been working on something like that already, my issue is....

Click To View Spoiler
View All Quotes
The Promised Neverland has turned into one of those shows where you don’t think it’s good anymore, but you keep watching because it use to be great and you’re hoping maybe they can turn it around.  However, with each passing episode it seems less and less likely.

Click To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler

It doesn't have to do with whether or not it can be "explained."  It has to do with the pacing of the show.  Also, pretty much anything in anime can be "explained," but I HATE it when shows create a situation where I'm curious to see how characters will manage it and then it's just "oh, that happened offscreen, don't worry about it, okay moving on..."  It's lazy AF.

I find myself caring less and less about this show and, by extension, the characters within it.  

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 3:13:07 PM EDT
[#18]
OK, I finally understand. Cancelled my Crunchyroll premium subscription and subscribed to VRV premium.

Now, which version of Redo of Healer do I want to watch: subtitled broadcast, or subtitled redo?

Also, any other series I should be taking a look at that I wouldn't have had access too with just Crunchyroll?

Amazing how Crunchyroll works better through the VRV app than it does in its own.
View Quote

I don't remember which shows are on which channel but if you find a show you like go into the episode list.  There is a box next to the play now one that gives recommendations.  It will show you shows from both channels so you can find some good stuff checking it out.  I have found several shows that only had 1 season on Crunchyroll but several on Hidive. A lot of them were sub only but that doesn't bother me.  Also Hidive has some "home video" versions of shows that are less censored than the broadcast episodes.  One example I personally liked was the Grisaia series. Crunchyroll only had the Fruit of Grisaia but Hidive had the other 2 seasons. It's all kinds of messed up if that's what you are into
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 3:16:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 4:23:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Konosuba question:

In early S1, a traumatized Aqua doesn't want to leave her protective cage she was in for a quest. As the group wheel her through town she starts singing this depressing song with lyrics like "who will they sell me to, what's a girl like me to do?"

In the sub it's a song called Dona, Dona, but in the dub it's something different.  Does anyone know if that's an actual song or is it just something the show made up?
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 8:24:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Darkstar117] [#21]
[     ]
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 8:39:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Darkstar117:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqzGZ5AaeSs
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Darkstar117:
Konosuba question:

In early S1, a traumatized Aqua doesn't want to leave her protective cage she was in for a quest. As the group wheel her through town she starts singing this depressing song with lyrics like "who will they sell me to, what's a girl like me to do?"

In the sub it's a song called Dona, Dona, but in the dub it's something different.  Does anyone know if that's an actual song or is it just something the show made up?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqzGZ5AaeSs

Yeah, that's song in the sub, but I don't think it's the song Aqua is singing in the dub because in no version of Dona, Dona are there lyrics like "who will they sell me to, what's a girl like me to do?"
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 8:47:21 PM EDT
[#23]
Jobless reincarnation is hilarious.

Nothing like a little casual tit groping.
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 8:58:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By iliketatertots:

I don't remember which shows are on which channel but if you find a show you like go into the episode list.  There is a box next to the play now one that gives recommendations.  It will show you shows from both channels so you can find some good stuff checking it out.  I have found several shows that only had 1 season on Crunchyroll but several on Hidive. A lot of them were sub only but that doesn't bother me.  Also Hidive has some "home video" versions of shows that are less censored than the broadcast episodes.  One example I personally liked was the Grisaia series. Crunchyroll only had the Fruit of Grisaia but Hidive had the other 2 seasons. It's all kinds of messed up if that's what you are into
View All Quotes

I will definitely look for the other Grisaia shows. I really liked Fruit. Gave it a 9/10.
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 9:02:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By dog-meat:

View Quote

"...Upon some self-introspection, he concludes that his life was ultimately pointless...."

Link Posted: 2/19/2021 9:44:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: iliketatertots] [#26]
I will definitely look for the other Grisaia shows. I really liked Fruit. Gave it a 9/10.
View Quote

They are called The Labyrinth of Grisaia and Eden of Grisaia. Both are on Hidive.

Another series on Hidive that I liked was The Familiar of Zero. I believe there are 3 or 4 seasons of it on there.
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 10:48:23 PM EDT
[#27]
tfw you click on animeplyx to watch the latest Redo of Healer and realize your VPN isn't active

Link Posted: 2/20/2021 1:02:58 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By dog-meat:

View Quote
Was discussing this show with a friend. Another name used is "Classless Hero". Apparently a disgusting horrible anime. I've only seen ep 1, but I've been assured only classless degenerates would watch it.
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 1:07:07 AM EDT
[#29]

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

Well just imagine where they'll be in another five; that's the fun! LOL.
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 1:09:43 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Star_Scream:

It suffers from being repetitive, power creep and kinda slammed together in the end.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Star_Scream:
Originally Posted By wswartzendruber:
I'm just over here thinking Bleach is neat. Like a pleb.

Shonenitis.  You described nearly all of them.

The first arc or two are quite great, though...even if it is a straight ripoff of Yu Yu Hakusho that takes itself way too seriously.
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 7:09:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Darkstar117] [#31]
[     ]
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 3:57:37 PM EDT
[#32]
This makes what happened in the anime even more infuriating and unsatisfying.  

What Malty's Trial Should've Been Like! The Queen's Dark Nature | Shield Hero Episode 21 Cut Content

Also...

Go to a country where you'll be given vast riches, have pretty much anything you want, be basically worshiped as a god, and given a massive harem of cute/hot kemonomimi girls

OR

Stay in a country where you've been unjustly treated as the antichrist from day one and where members of the royal family are continuously trying to have you murdered.

Link Posted: 2/20/2021 9:17:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Anyone else watching Armor Shop for Ladies and Gentlemen (on Crunchyroll)?

They are short (10 minute?) episodes full of WTF-ness - mix of old-style video game artwork and normal cartooning, mild ecchi fantasies, playful, self-referencing title scenes that change from one ep. to another, plot line overflowing with absurdity, deadpan humor, lolis, panty shots, real idols doing voiceover commentary, and more.

It’s, um, different...

Link Posted: 2/21/2021 12:26:19 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By targetworks:
Anyone else watching Armor Shop for Ladies and Gentlemen (on Crunchyroll)?

They are short (10 minute?) episodes full of WTF-ness - mix of old-style video game artwork and normal cartooning, mild ecchi fantasies, playful, self-referencing title scenes that change from one ep. to another, plot line overflowing with absurdity, deadpan humor, lolis, panty shots, real idols doing voiceover commentary, and more.

It’s, um, different...

View Quote

Hmmm I got 10 mins lol
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 3:57:35 AM EDT
[#35]
Oh, Japan.

Attachment Attached File

And in case anyone was wonder what that anime is:

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/21/2021 6:50:36 AM EDT
[#36]

I mean is it his fault that his sister was best-girl? I believe that nullified any moral issues that were present
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 7:02:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Hunter-Killer] [#37]

I mean is it his fault that his sister was best-girl? I believe that nullified any moral issues that were present
View All Quotes

Says the guy with anime Cersei Lannister as his avatar.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 7:28:26 AM EDT
[#38]

Says the guy with anime Cersei Lannister as his avatar.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/258158/4B618C7C-A478-4845-927C-3F2AA17F081F_jpe-1834692.JPG
View Quote

Well jokes on you I don’t get Lord of the rings references........ Cuz I ain’t no nerd
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 7:42:28 AM EDT
[#39]

What is this anime?
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 7:51:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DprvdDgnrt] [#40]
Originally Posted By brasscrossedrifles:

What is this anime?
View Quote

The timeless romance that defined a generation known as Oreimo
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 8:07:14 AM EDT
[#41]
I love this thread.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 9:14:30 AM EDT
[#42]

It doesn't have to do with whether or not it can be "explained."  It has to do with the pacing of the show.  Also, pretty much anything in anime can be "explained," but I HATE it when shows create a situation where I'm curious to see how characters will manage it and then it's just "oh, that happened offscreen, don't worry about it, okay moving on..."  It's lazy AF.

I find myself caring less and less about this show and, by extension, the characters within it.  

Click To View Spoiler
View All Quotes

Click To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler

Well you are not the only one 'bothered' by it. I don't watch a lot of anime YouTuber's ( most are too cool for school/hate on anything that's popular cause their 'edgy' ) but this guy has a lot of good points on the subject of this show, the majority of it is the age old difference between the Manga and Anime, but brings up that there is possible behind the scenes drama.

Coping With The Promised Neverland Season 2
Coping With The Promised Neverland Season 2

I do think having a recap episode was a stupid thing to do, that could have been a 'what that person has been up to/how they made the thing', abet in a very condensed explanation.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 9:16:55 AM EDT
[#43]

View All Quotes

What is this anime?

Came back to ask the same question, for a friend        
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 9:21:27 AM EDT
[#44]

View All Quotes

What is this anime?

Longer version of the title is Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai.

English title is My Little Sister Can't Be This Cute.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 9:25:46 AM EDT
[#45]
I thought this was funny/cute, and because it's Sunday

The original it's from

Mikakunin de Shinkoukei - Mashiro-tan Dancing!
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 9:28:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DprvdDgnrt] [#46]

View Quote

Yeah it’s often compared to Titanic for how highly regarded of a romance it is

Link Posted: 2/21/2021 9:41:08 AM EDT
[#47]

View All Quotes

What is this anime?

And the English title is wrong because she is that cute!  

It is absolutely worth watching.

Link Posted: 2/21/2021 11:00:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: A_Friendly_Manatee] [#48]
Originally Posted By beitodesstrafe:
I love this thread.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 12:11:39 PM EDT
[#49]

And the English title is wrong because she is that cute!  

It is absolutely worth watching.

View Quote

I heard the translator was fired on the spot and hasn’t found work since for that mortal sin
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 1:11:55 PM EDT
[#50]

View Quote

So, if you cancel Crunchyroll premium and subscribe to VRV premium (to watch Crunchyroll and others), do you then lose your Crunchyroll queue and have to rebuild it?

What do you like better with Crunchyroll through the VRV app compared to the Crunchyroll app (which sucks donkey balls)?

Page / 763
Who watches Anime? (Page 351 of 763)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top