Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Who watches Anime? (Page 505 of 763)
Page / 763
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 6:50:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hunter-Killer] [#1]
For low brow isekai obviously you have to turn your brain off for a lot of it, but I think maybe the most ridiculous trope is the "I must find a way back home" one for the guys that had a HUGE upgrade in quality of life.  It's like "I must get out of this fantasy world where I have god-like powers and a harem of beautiful women that worship the ground I walk on to get back to my life as a powerless nobody where beautiful women either ignore me or treat me like shit."

Edit: though I suppose, given the sexual proclivities of some in this thread, the idea of a man preferring beautiful women to "treat him like shit" rather than "worship the ground he walks on" isn't THAT far-fetched.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 6:51:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BB868:

Those fucking ad's are designed to make you subscribe. I know everyone's financials are different, but is there a reason you just don't sub to them (it's only $6/month for a year plan) I can respect the 'stick it to the man' reason, but still.

Someone always posted a link to a site called animepisode for the uncensored worlds end harem on CR, and it seams to have everything on there (haven't really explored too much though) there a couple of side 'pop up' ads to deal with, but the anti-virus doesn't alert, and I haven't had any issues, so you could look there.
View Quote

The cost isn't the issue, it's the idea of paying for something that is free elsewhere. That just seems foolish to me.

If the ads were a bit more subtle it wouldn't be an issue, but having 5 ads back to back every 10 minutes gets old quick. One or two ads is fine, but five seems excessive, especially when they often repeat the same ad twice in a row.

You're welcome to spend your money as you see fit, but personally I find their business approach distasteful. Rather than let them coerce me into paying by hounding me with an excessive number of ads, I'll just look for a different provider.

Link Posted: 2/25/2022 6:58:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Hunter-Killer:
For low brow isekai obviously you have to turn your brain off for a lot of it, but I think maybe the most ridiculous trope is the "I must find a way back home" one for the guys that had a HUGE upgrade in quality of life.

It's like "I must get out of this fantasy world where I have god-like powers and a harem of beautiful women that worship the ground I walk on to get back to my life as a powerless nobody where beautiful women either ignore me or treat me like shit."
View Quote

That's one thing I liked about KonoSuba. Even when he had a chance to return to Japan, he didn't want to give up what he had gained in his new life. He only threatened to go back when the women annoyed him too much...

In Kemono Michi, I don't think the main character ever once even considered going back. After all, he was now surrounded by cat girls, wolf-men, and fuzzy kobold women! What more could he want in life?
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 7:04:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Commander_Keen:
Outlaw Star expires on Hulu in 6 days. Good thing I'll be able to finish the last two episodes tomorrow on the treadmill.
View Quote

I need to give it a second chance, came out around the same time as Cowboy Bebop and seemed too similar at the time but I hear it's excellent in it's own right
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 7:06:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By ConcernedCitizen:

That's one thing I liked about KonoSuba. Even when he had a chance to return to Japan, he didn't want to give up what he had gained in his new life. He only threatened to go back when the women annoyed him too much...

In Kemono Michi, I don't think the main character ever once even considered going back. After all, he was now surrounded by cat girls, wolf-men, and fuzzy kobold women! What more could he want in life?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
For low brow isekai obviously you have to turn your brain off for a lot of it, but I think maybe the most ridiculous trope is the "I must find a way back home" one for the guys that had a HUGE upgrade in quality of life.

It's like "I must get out of this fantasy world where I have god-like powers and a harem of beautiful women that worship the ground I walk on to get back to my life as a powerless nobody where beautiful women either ignore me or treat me like shit."

And Kazuma doesn't even have a harem or god-like powers. Though "steal" is pretty useful.

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 7:32:51 PM EDT
[#6]

And Kazuma doesn't even have a harem or god-like powers. Though "steal" is pretty useful.

Click To View Spoiler
View All Quotes

Click To View Spoiler

Genzo certainly doesn't discriminate, does he?

I love how he traumatized Wolfgang with belly rubs!
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 7:39:05 PM EDT
[#7]
I just saw Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence.

Well, I think I did. I'm honestly not sure what I just watched.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 8:09:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By wswartzendruber:

View Quote

Loved that movie and it made sense to me, other people I saw it with were totally lost so maybe I was just imagining I understood it
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 9:48:37 PM EDT
[#9]
@Stitches1974

@iliketatertots

New Spice and Wolf anime!!!! Hopefully this gets the same awesome treatment that Fruits Basket is getting with a full high quality adaptation

Oh and tater how have you been liking Wolf and parchment? I’m all finished the S&W manga and was thinking of picking it up I know you are reading the light novel and I’d get the manga but what do you think of the story in general?

Link Posted: 2/25/2022 9:52:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By DprvdDgnrt:
@Stitches1974

@iliketatertots

New Spice and Wolf anime!!!! Hopefully this gets the same awesome treatment that Fruits Basket is getting with a full high quality adaptation

Oh and tater how have you been liking Wolf and parchment? I'm all finished the S&W manga and was thinking of picking it up I know you are reading the light novel and I'd get the manga but what do you think of the story in general?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AV1zLW4DFM
View Quote
Hell yeah!
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 9:57:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By joe_sun:

Loved that movie and it made sense to me, other people I saw it with were totally lost so maybe I was just imagining I understood it
View Quote

I didn't understand the little girl at the end. She's somehow responsible for everything?

And a movie about the Ghost in the Shell should have more, I don't know, Major in it?
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 10:00:57 PM EDT
[#12]
@Stitches1974

@iliketatertots

Oh and tater how have you been liking Wolf and parchment? I’m all finished the S&W manga and was thinking of picking it up I know you are reading the light novel and I’d get the manga but what do you think of the story in general?

View Quote

I got excited there for a second, then I found out it's only a reboot. They need to finish the first anime IMO.
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 12:50:04 AM EDT
[#13]

I didn't understand the little girl at the end. She's somehow responsible for everything?

And a movie about the Ghost in the Shell should have more, I don't know, Major in it?
View Quote

Man i saw it in the theaters when it came out in 2002, I don’t remember shit about it
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 12:54:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JPN] [#14]

View Quote

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 12:54:38 AM EDT
[#15]

View Quote

Dad, Was That Your Commercial? (The Simpsons)

Link Posted: 2/26/2022 1:30:24 AM EDT
[#16]
@Stitches1974

@iliketatertots

View Quote

@DprvdDgnrt

To my shame I have not even started Wolf and Parchment yet. I still have 2 spice and wolf light novels to finish.  I read the entire Black Clover Manga series and then kind of took a break from staying up too late to have time to read.  I haven't had much time to read during the day lately. That being said in the Spring Log light novels the interaction between Cole and Myuri are pretty good so I would imagine it would be worth checking out.  

Link Posted: 2/26/2022 2:05:07 AM EDT
[#17]
@Stitches1974

@iliketatertots

Oh and tater how have you been liking Wolf and parchment? I'm all finished the S&W manga and was thinking of picking it up I know you are reading the light novel and I'd get the manga but what do you think of the story in general?

View Quote
Nier and spice and wolf? It's going to be a good year.
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 8:00:44 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Stitches1974:

I got excited there for a second, then I found out it's only a reboot. They need to finish the first anime IMO.
View Quote

That’s where I was at before I read the series, the story in the anime is so jumbled up almost like they new they didn’t have time to finish so they jammed different elements from different arcs in the story

I’m happy they are gunna start from scratch
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 8:21:57 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 8:30:48 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By iliketatertots:

@DprvdDgnrt

To my shame I have not even started Wolf and Parchment yet. I still have 2 spice and wolf light novels to finish.  I read the entire Black Clover Manga series and then kind of took a break from staying up too late to have time to read.  I haven't had much time to read during the day lately. That being said in the Spring Log light novels the interaction between Cole and Myuri are pretty good so I would imagine it would be worth checking out.  
]
View Quote

I completely understand I haven’t been able to read much and I tend to buy way faster then I read I’m slowly working on Soul Eater at the moment

The biggest reason I want it is to meet Myuri  (the ending of the manga not really a spoiler for you)
Click To View Spoiler

Don’t remind me of how much One Piece I still need to read
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 11:51:21 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By odiedodi:
https://i.imgur.com/FLfpmR8.jpg
View Quote

Whomst?
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 11:58:17 AM EDT
[#22]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmCraX8dESE
View All Quotes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmCraX8dESE

I saw parts of it years ago. Saw it all the way through recently... Yeah, that's how I felt as well.

Seemed like A LOT of work and a lot of ethical and legal issues to go through for a plastic date.
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 12:07:56 PM EDT
[#23]

View Quote
2 hours of Batou monologging.
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 12:39:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: odiedodi] [#24]
Originally Posted By brasscrossedrifles:

Whomst?
View Quote

Hololive Terminated Uruha Rushia...

TL;DW: Rushia Got DM'd by a Japanese pop star (male) on stream. Fans started giving her shit for talking to a man that isn't them. In an effort to do damage control, she started leaking information to a Japanese gossip channel.  The dumb faggot she leaked it to though, decided it would be a great idea to show all of the conversations without protecting her privacy, and Hololive shitcanned her basically on the spot. She's lawyered up already, but more than likely they're legally in the right. She breached contract. I do feel bad about it though because none of this would have happened if her NEET fans didn't sperg out about her talking to guys.
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 1:04:28 PM EDT
[#25]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNynKxCpmg8

TL;DW: Rushia Got DM'd by a Japanese pop star (male) on stream. Fans started giving her shit for talking to a man that isn't them. In an effort to do damage control, she started leaking information to a Japanese gossip channel.  The dumb faggot she leaked it to though, decided it would be a great idea to show all of the conversations without protecting her privacy, and Hololive shitcanned her basically on the spot. She's lawyered up already, but more than likely they're legally in the right. She breached contract. I do feel bad about it though because none of this would have happened if her NEET fans didn't sperg out about her talking to guys.
View Quote

I've missed that drama almost entirely due to a schedule change at work. I work way too much to follow V-tuber shit, and the only ones I'm familiar with enough to recognize in memes is Gura and Calliope.

Who are the two in the back? They also get fired from apple bitches?
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 1:07:28 PM EDT
[#26]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNynKxCpmg8

View Quote

Such a damn shame, I like Holo live for some really laid back content(mainly Gura and Calli) usually when I’m laying down with some food about to crash and not focused enough for anime but these guys who get obsessed like that are so toxic and they probably think they are what fans are supposed to be
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 1:31:37 PM EDT
[#27]
Such a damn shame, I like Holo live for some really laid back content(mainly Gura and Calli) usually when I’m laying down with some food about to crash and not focused enough for anime but these guys who get obsessed like that are so toxic and they probably think they are what fans are supposed to be
View Quote

Same. I'm a fan of Gura and Calliope for their music (both on and off brand). I love Gura's cover streams. That's the only type of V-tuber stream I've ever sat through more than a full minute of, and I listen to all of them. I did watch most of the not-Calliope stream recently because I was curious about all the drama I'd seen headlines of but hadn't taken the time to look deeper into than watching one of Rev's videos.

I do get an impression of the sort of content most of the streams are, because I'm subbed to both. The segment of the fandom that actually watches that shit for a virtual girlfriend experience is kinda sus.
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 5:01:08 AM EDT
[#28]
I wonder why Assassination Classroom is currently trending #8 in the US.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 7:37:22 AM EDT
[#29]
I really needed a break from all of the work-related stress that I’ve been going through - so I’ve been looking for some fluff to watch - something with a plot that doesn’t take a whole lot of mental or emotional effort to handle.

I might have found it in Yuki Yuna is a Hero (Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru).

What could go wrong with a small group of girls’ middle-school friends transforming into heroes with an aptitude for fighting supernatural enemies and help from a secret organization, a smartphone app, some cuddly-pet-like spirit animals, and a godlike protector of humanity, with a mission to save the world from an onslaught of destruction at the ‘hands’ of a dozen evil world-destroyers?

As long as it doesn’t go all Madoka Magica I should be OK.

Link Posted: 2/27/2022 8:44:13 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By targetworks:
I really needed a break from all of the work-related stress that I’ve been going through - so I’ve been looking for some fluff to watch - something with a plot that doesn’t take a whole lot of mental or emotional effort to handle.

What could go wrong with a small group of girls’ middle-school friends transforming into heroes with an aptitude for fighting supernatural enemies and help from a secret organization, a smartphone app, some cuddly-pet-like spirit animals, and a godlike protector of humanity, with a mission to save the world from an onslaught of destruction at the ‘hands’ of a dozen evil world-destroyers?

View Quote

Damn it’s been awhile since I watched that one, it’s fuzzy but I definitely enjoyed it…. I think they did a new season recently
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 1:15:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BB868] [#31]

Damn it’s been awhile since I watched that one, it’s fuzzy but I definitely enjoyed it…. I think they did a new season recently
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By targetworks:

Yes, and it's all on Hidive.

The 3rd season started, then they got the rights to the previous 2, so I put a halt on the new one and marathon through the first 2, and had to re-watch what I had started as it's a bit 'Tarantinoed' in it's story flow, and time line.

It does dip it's toe into Magica territory, so be for warned.

ETA--I don't technically think it's a spoiler to mention the story flow, but I'll put it under that tag.

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 6:41:12 PM EDT
[#32]
Damn, AoT is great.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 12:24:01 AM EDT
[#33]
Well I wouldn't be surprised
Attachment Attached File

AOT got boring for me. Never did finish it
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 12:52:43 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Liaztraht:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/504436/images_20220227202233371_jpg-2295862.JPG

View Quote

Same here.  It got to the point where I found I was having to force myself to watch it.  

Do you remember what season you were on when you threw in the towel?
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 12:58:28 AM EDT
[#35]

Same here.  It got to the point where I found I was having to force myself to watch it.  

View All Quotes
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/504436/images_20220227202233371_jpg-2295862.JPG

I got like half way through season 3 and just stopped watching. Never thought about going back.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 5:28:50 AM EDT
[#36]

View Quote

Mmhm me too somewhere around the start of the second or the end of the first for me

It’s not that bad it just doesn’t measure up to its competition almost like it’s always been in K-on’s shadow
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 5:33:48 AM EDT
[#37]

View Quote

I bailed 3 eps ago. Almost made it to the end
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 5:45:45 AM EDT
[#38]

Mmhm me too somewhere around the start of the second or the end of the first for me

It's not that bad it just doesn't measure up to its competition almost like it's always been in K-on's shadow
View All Quotes

It's not that bad it just doesn't measure up to its competition almost like it's always been in K-on's shadow
It had potential. Then piddled off.

K-on was good.

I'm currently watching That Time I Got Reincarnated As A Slime. Don't know why I slept on it. On episode 12 and it's held my attention so far
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 8:12:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Hunter-Killer] [#39]
I got like half way through season 3 and just stopped watching. Never thought about going back.
View All Quotes

You made it further than me.  I think I was mid-late S2 when I stopped watching.  And, yeah, much of the anime that I quit early I file it under “come back to if you get bored enough,” but I have ZERO desire to ever give AOT another try.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 8:16:30 AM EDT
[#40]

I'm currently watching That Time I Got Reincarnated As A Slime. Don't know why I slept on it. On episode 12 and it's held my attention so far
View Quote

Great anime.  It’s also a fine example of how to world build w/o boring your audience to tears.  How a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom could take a lesson.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 10:26:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ConcernedCitizen] [#41]

Great anime.  It’s also a fine example of how to world build w/o boring your audience to tears.  How a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom could take a lesson.
View All Quotes

"I'm not a bad slime. (Slurp!)"

I just started Re:Zero, and am amused so far. The idea of someone who's well versed in the Isekai genre being transported to a new world is quite amusing, so far.

"Where are my magic powers? Where are my super powers? Where's the cute girl who summoned me?"

Link Posted: 2/28/2022 12:19:27 PM EDT
[#42]
I just got through disc one of Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex. It's interesting enough that I'll keep going on with it.

Major's primary outfit is really, really dumb.

Major in a thong = "hrm, that's pretty hot"
Major in a leather jacket = "okay, that's kinda rad"
Major in both at the same time = "who lets her go outside looking like that"
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 12:34:40 PM EDT
[#43]
View Quote

I enjoyed that one alot.

I also just finished up Jobless Reincarnation which I enjoyed.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 2:54:06 PM EDT
[#44]

I just started Re:Zero, and am amused so far. The idea of someone who's well versed in the Isekai genre being transported to a new world is quite amusing, so far.

View Quote

Oh you silly, silly man........chime back in when your done, then comment.

Re:Zero Whaaeeeuuuu Creepy Sound Effect [Download In Description]
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 2:59:42 PM EDT
[#45]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r43-iirtQoc
View All Quotes

It's been interesting so far.

It's basically the anime version of Edge of Tomorrow.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 4:05:32 PM EDT
[#46]

View All Quotes

I am a Re:Zero fan and own/have read all the light novels. It doesn't get much love here but I think it's really good personally.  I'm waiting for the next light novel to be delivered with some other books I pre-ordered but were delayed due to something or other.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 4:36:55 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 4:49:44 PM EDT
[#48]

"Where are my magic powers? Where are my super powers? Where's the cute girl who summoned me?"

View All Quotes

I thought the first half of S1 was great and the second half of S1 was very good.

However, I wasn't a huge fan of S2 part 1.  It just seemed a lot slower, a certain character was gone, and while I was able to binge watch S1 I was watching one episode a week for S2.  The original plan was to let part 2 of the season complete and then binge watch it, but I never have gotten around to it.  TBH, I'm not sure I ever will.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 5:00:08 PM EDT
[#49]

View Quote

I guess it makes more sense now why it never seems anyone is watching what I am watching.

If a show like AOT can't get a little forgiveness for adding necessary political drama. In favor of stuff like K-on.

There's no way stuff I like can win if a majority of the posters prefer slice of life shojo stuff.

I can enjoy that stuff but in the end I'll watch something weird or shounen or isekai.

I was also entertained by the newest episode of realist hero. When it was once again a throne room episode.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 5:22:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hunter-Killer] [#50]
Originally Posted By talon370:

I also just finished up Jobless Reincarnation which I enjoyed.
View Quote

I have recommend that one more than anyone else here often hyping it up as "the best active Isekai."  However, the last few episodes of S1 Part 2 left me feeling kinda "ehh."  It wasn't that it was bad, but it just felt like a different anime.

The anime stared off lighthearted and funny with little bits of seriousness and depression sprinkled it.  And then by the end of the season it had turned into the opposite.  A serious and depressing anime with little bits of lightheartedness and humor sprinkled in.  
Page / 763
Who watches Anime? (Page 505 of 763)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top