BCM
User Panel

Who watches Anime? (Page 506 of 763)
Page / 763
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 5:25:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Bacon_Grease:

I guess it makes more sense now why it never seems anyone is watching what I am watching.

If a show like AOT can't get a little forgiveness for adding necessary political drama. In favor of stuff like K-on.

There's no way stuff I like can win if a majority of the posters prefer slice of life shojo stuff.

I can enjoy that stuff but in the end I'll watch something weird or shounen or isekai.

I was also entertained by the newest episode of realist hero. When it was once again a throne room episode.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Liaztraht:
Well I wouldn't be surprised
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/504436/images_20220227202233371_jpg-2295862.JPG

AOT got boring for me. Never did finish it

I guess it makes more sense now why it never seems anyone is watching what I am watching.

If a show like AOT can't get a little forgiveness for adding necessary political drama. In favor of stuff like K-on.

There's no way stuff I like can win if a majority of the posters prefer slice of life shojo stuff.

I can enjoy that stuff but in the end I'll watch something weird or shounen or isekai.

I was also entertained by the newest episode of realist hero. When it was once again a throne room episode.

I gave AOT more leeway than ANY show (of any kind) in my entire life.   It seems most of the people here that threw in the towel on AOT gave it more leeway than they normally would have because of the insane amount of hype the anime gets.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 5:27:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I rolled out part way through AoT a couple years ago and never looked back.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 5:27:20 PM EDT
[#3]
AOT is the exact opposite of Ranking of Kings.

I went into AOT with high expectations and wanting to like it.  Instead I found an anime that was so boring I had to force myself to watch it until I finally couldn't take it anymore and quit.

I went into Ranking of Kings with low expectations and wanting to NOT like it.  Instead I found one of the best anime I've seen in years.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 5:37:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By ConcernedCitizen:

It's been interesting so far.

It's basically the anime version of Edge of Tomorrow.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BB868:

I just started Re:Zero, and am amused so far. The idea of someone who's well versed in the Isekai genre being transported to a new world is quite amusing, so far.

Oh you silly, silly man........chime back in when your done, then comment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r43-iirtQoc

It's been interesting so far.

It's basically the anime version of Edge of Tomorrow.

Oh it's an awesome show, it just can be very frustrating (YMMV) You've got a long way to go yet, and some WTF stuff happens (deep) in S2.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 5:43:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By beitodesstrafe:
Not Anime exactly...

But I figure there will be some cross-over.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Miku-Saiki-and-The-Gals-are-coming-back-BAND-MAID-US-Tour-Dates-Announced-/5-2534297/
View Quote

Speaking of "not anime," does anyone know anything about Critical Role or The Legend of Vox Machina?

I was trying to glean what the premise was w/o reading spoilers and I still have no idea.  Is it an animated fantasy show?  It is it a show about live-action people playing an RPG game?
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 5:50:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Hunter-Killer:

I gave AOT more leeway than ANY show (of any kind) in my entire life.   It seems most of the people here that threw in the towel on AOT gave it more leeway than they normally would have because of the insane amount of hype the anime gets.
View Quote

I get it's a lot of dialogue and political drama. But my point was that it's all important to the story.

Which I get is the disconnect for most.  I don't care about boring dialogue in my anime as long it fits the narrative. By extension anime with filler or needless action is worse to me.

I just think it's funny when the majority of the "better" stuff is slice of life.  Which is by definition low on the action.

I guess if all the character models in AOT were exchanged with cute anime girls with an ecchi joke every 5 minutes more people would have stuck through it. (which isn't a dig because I realize I would totally watch that).
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 5:50:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: targetworks] [#7]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Liaztraht:
Well I wouldn't be surprised
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/504436/images_20220227202233371_jpg-2295862.JPG

AOT got boring for me. Never did finish it

Compared with the prior two or three episodes (?), which IIRC were closer to a terminally boring lecture in the finer points of manual accounting ledger asset and liability reconciliation techniques than to an anime that could hold my interest for the full duration, it added some potentially interesting plot elements, such as whether the brat is actually going to attack him in his sleep with a shiv, or whether his first queen is going to attack the brat in her sleep with a shiv, or whether the saint/not-really-a-saint may be secretly plotting to attack him with a shiv when next they meet, or whether some religious acolyte hidden among his trusted advisors is planning to attack all of them in their sleep with a shiv.

I mean, somebody-or-other really needs to get stabby soon, right?

Link Posted: 2/28/2022 5:56:07 PM EDT
[#8]

View Quote

I liked it too

Are you watching Genius Prince? I thought Ep 7 was the best yet.

As far as worrying about what others (here) are or not watching, I have a total ZFG attitude about it, while they're discussing the show's they never finished-and why you shouldn't either-, I'm currently watching 28 show's this season, and enjoying all of them to one extent or another (and catching up on other older show's).

Here is my 'weird' recommendation for Monday (not counting Sabiki Bisco) Tribe 9.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 5:57:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By targetworks:

Compared with the prior two or three episodes (?), which IIRC were closer to a terminally boring lecture in the finer points of manual accounting ledger asset and liability reconciliation techniques than to an anime that could hold my interest for the full duration, it added some potentially interesting plot elements, such as whether the brat is actually going to attack him in his sleep with a shiv, or whether his first queen is going to attack the brat in her sleep with a shiv, or whether the saint/not-really-a-saint may be secretly plotting to attack him with a shiv when next they meet, or whether some religious acolyte hidden among his trusted advisors is planning to attack all of them in their sleep with a shiv.

I mean, somebody-or-other really needs to get stabby soon, right?

View Quote

I honestly feel the show is a little dry for that.

It's definitely gotten really heady with that worlds geopolitics. Also the addition of the new girl. I knew she was going to be a player based on the OP/ED.  However, I was thinking it was more nuanced than oh another has been added to the harem.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 6:01:58 PM EDT
[#10]

I liked it too

Are you watching Genius Prince? I thought Ep 7 was the best yet.

As far as worrying about what others (here) are or not watching, I have a total ZFG attitude about it, while they're discussing the show's they never finished-and why you shouldn't either-, I'm currently watching 28 show's this season, and enjoying all of them to one extent or another (and catching up on other older show's).

Here is my 'weird' recommendation for Monday (not counting Sabiki Bisco) Tribe 9.
View Quote

I haven't tried that one yet.

I've gearing up to watch Police in a Pod.  For the cover art alone.

I'll definitely have to give Tribe 9 a look.

Link Posted: 2/28/2022 6:09:10 PM EDT
[#11]

I get it's a lot of dialogue and political drama. But my point was that it's all important to the story.

Which I get is the disconnect for most.  I don't care about boring dialogue in my anime as long it fits the narrative. By extension anime with filler or needless action is worse to me.

I just think it's funny when the majority of the "better" stuff is slice of life.  Which is by definition low on the action.

I guess if all the character models in AOT were exchanged with cute anime girls with an ecchi joke every 5 minutes more people would have stuck through it. (which isn't a dig because I realize I would totally watch that).
View All Quotes

AOT not having "cute anime girls with an ecchi joke every 5 minutes" had nothing to do with it. The reason I dropped AOT was no different than the reason I dropped any of the vast majority of other non-comedy shows I grew bored of.  The show didn't cause me to care about the story and the show didn't cause me to care about the characters.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 6:12:30 PM EDT
[#12]
That's part of the reason Arcane was so damn impressive.  They had 7-8 main characters and I was interested in ALL of them.  I was curious to learn more about them, curious to see what happens to them, and I would have given a shit if they died.  AOT couldn't even give me ONE character that inspired those feelings.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 6:20:56 PM EDT
[#13]

View Quote

To be fair though we were talking about K-on! Because I compared them in a very trollish manner for no real reason obviously that would be a silly comparison

I think all in all this is a super well rounded thread genre wise
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 6:28:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By DprvdDgnrt:

To be fair though we were talking about K-on! Because I compared them in a very trollish manner for no real reason obviously that would be a silly comparison

View Quote

It was kinda funny seeing the AOT-fanboys take that seriously.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 6:34:49 PM EDT
[#15]

View Quote

When it comes to art I don’t really think the word “better” can really be used fairly too often because usually one’s appreciation for such things is subjective by definition but in some extreme situations like how much better K-on! Is compared to AOT it fits perfectly

Everyone who’s watched both realizes this but for the sake of not ruffling any feathers I figured I’d better walk it back and say I was trolling
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 6:35:37 PM EDT
[#16]

I have recommend that one more than anyone else here often hyping it up as "the best active Isekai."  However, the last few episodes of S1 Part 2 left me feeling kinda "ehh."  It wasn't that it was bad, but it just felt like a different anime.

The anime stared off lighthearted and funny with little bits of seriousness and depression sprinkled it.  And then by the end of the season it had turned into the opposite.  A serious and depressing anime with little bits of lightheartedness and humor sprinkled in.  
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By talon370:

I also just finished up Jobless Reincarnation which I enjoyed.

I have recommend that one more than anyone else here often hyping it up as "the best active Isekai."  However, the last few episodes of S1 Part 2 left me feeling kinda "ehh."  It wasn't that it was bad, but it just felt like a different anime.

The anime stared off lighthearted and funny with little bits of seriousness and depression sprinkled it.  And then by the end of the season it had turned into the opposite.  A serious and depressing anime with little bits of lightheartedness and humor sprinkled in.  

So, the season reflected the arc of life?
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 6:38:57 PM EDT
[#17]

When it comes to art I don’t really think the word “better” can really be used fairly too often because usually one’s appreciation for such things is subjective by definition but in some extreme situations like how much better K-on! Is compared to AOT it fits perfectly

Everyone who’s watched both realizes this but for the sake of not ruffling any feathers I figured I’d better walk it back and say I was trolling
View All Quotes

K-ON! is a near mastercraft level anime.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 6:45:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Agilt:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Agilt:
Originally Posted By talon370:

I also just finished up Jobless Reincarnation which I enjoyed.

Haha, pretty much.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 6:49:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Marin's "Gojo-Kun"- SUB vs DUB

OK which Marin do you prefer?
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 6:51:33 PM EDT
[#20]

View Quote

Unironically though
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 6:56:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By mort:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqyi6E7BFe8

View Quote

I never watched the dub and I stopped watching the sub after the episode that caused me, for the first time in my life, to literally fall asleep while watching a new anime episode.  However, based on that short clip, I guess I'd go with dub Marin because there is at least some variety instead of her just saying "Gojo-kun" over and over again.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 7:01:21 PM EDT
[#22]

View Quote

It may be a bit of a troll.

But lets not pretend that coming in here talking about the newest shounen doesn't get drowned out in favor of the newest cute anime girls on display slice of life/comedy/ecchi flavor of the season.

Which like I said is not a dig .  

In fact I would say that the anime fandom at large has moved away from those things.

Sometimes I don't think it be like it is but it do.

Link Posted: 2/28/2022 7:41:16 PM EDT
[#23]

Unironically though
View All Quotes

Unironically though

Absolutely.

I am not being sarcastic at all.

?K-On!!? NO, Thank You! - K-On! 2nd Ending Theme (Lyrics) ?HD?
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 7:41:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ConcernedCitizen] [#24]

Speaking of "not anime," does anyone know anything about Critical Role or The Legend of Vox Machina?

I was trying to glean what the premise was w/o reading spoilers and I still have no idea.  Is it an animated fantasy show?  It is it a show about live-action people playing an RPG game?
View Quote

"Animated fantasy show" sounds like a good description for Vox Machina. It's basically just a party of adventurers doing their thing, with a few different sub-plots woven together. I enjoyed it, and some of the characters are rather amusing, but I don't think it quite compares to some of the better anime I've seen.

It doesn't appear to be a true D&D setting, but I heard they did use dice to help determine the outcome of the storyline. I need to look into that to see how much of the story was dictated by dice rolls.

I'd say it's worth watching, but I wouldn't rank it in the top ten or anything.

As for Critical Role, it's just a bunch of people sitting around playing table-top RPGs.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 7:46:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hunter-Killer] [#25]

"Animated fantasy show" sounds like a good description for Vox Machina. It's basically just a party of adventurers doing their thing, with a few different sub-plots woven together. I enjoyed it, and some of the characters are rather amusing, but I don't think it quite compares to some of the better anime I've seen.

It doesn't appear to be a true D&D setting, but I heard they did use dice to help determine the outcome of the storyline. I need to look into that to see how much of the story was dictated by dice rolls.

View All Quotes

So it's not like Bofuri where the story is in a game that the characters can log in and out of?  The characters are people that were born in that world?
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 7:51:46 PM EDT
[#26]

So it's not like Bofuri where the story is in a game that the characters can log in and out of?  The characters are people that were born in that world?
View All Quotes

I haven't seen Bofuri, but it doesn't sound similar.

Vox Machina simply follows a group of adventurers doing adventurer things in a fantasy setting. They're not players in a game or anything.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 8:04:55 PM EDT
[#27]

Vox Machina simply follows a group of adventurers doing adventurer things in a fantasy setting. They're not players in a game or anything.
View All Quotes

It’s “turn off your brain and admire the cuteness” anime about a loli that plays a video game (that she can log out of) and becomes OP.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 8:06:34 PM EDT
[#28]
Also, fuck funimation.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 8:17:14 PM EDT
[#29]
View Quote

I've already written them off after seeing the exact same ad 4 out of 5 times in one ad segment.

Their marketing approach is ridiculous... They are literally taking something that is available elsewhere for free, making it worse, and then expecting you to pay for the privilege of returning it to its unmodified state.

I have no desire to let them hold my time hostage in exchange for money.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 8:28:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By mort:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqyi6E7BFe8

View Quote

I like Japanese but AmaLee is pretty good. I was going to rewatch the dub just because AmaLee does such a good job but the MCs English VA is annoying.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 8:34:18 PM EDT
[#31]
I thought that Stand Alone Complex had a somewhat confusing narrative. I've just realized that MakeMKV ripped the Blu-ray episodes completely out of order.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 9:01:36 PM EDT
[#32]

Absolutely.

I am not being sarcastic at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FDEH7hWb8c
View Quote

Gotta rep it too

Attachment Attached File

It really is just a show with a simple premise that fucking nails it, when I’m watching a new cute girls do cute things show I always find myself comparing it to K-on! (Or Non Non Byori) I’ve rewatched the shit out of it too I just don’t ever seem to get bored of it
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 9:14:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DprvdDgnrt] [#33]

But lets not pretend that coming in here talking about the newest shounen doesn't get drowned out in favor of the newest cute anime girls on display slice of life/comedy/ecchi flavor of the season.

In fact I would say that the anime fandom at large has moved away from those things.

View Quote

True enough, I think the back and forths about ecchi shows take off abit more because they’re more fun to joke about like for example how Hunter likes to pretend he doesn’t want Nagatoro to step on him and we all think it’s super funny

We all watch the fuck out of some shounen I just brought up Soul Eater and Yu Yu Havkusho acouple pages back they just aren’t as funny to meme about

Not to mention nobody here will ever talk about my favorite series of all time One Piece with me no matter how many times I bring it up hahaha
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 9:41:50 PM EDT
[#34]

True enough, I think the back and forths about ecchi shows take off abit more because they’re more fun to joke about like for example how Hunter likes to pretend he doesn’t want Nagatoro to step on him and we all think it’s super funny

We all watch the fuck out of some shounen I just brought up Soul Eater and Yu Yu Havkusho acouple pages back they just aren’t as funny to meme about

Not to mention nobody here will ever talk about my favorite series of all time One Piece with me no matter how many times I bring it up hahaha
View All Quotes

Yes, let’s all laugh at the weirdo who does NOT want to be abused by a 15 year old girl that suffered brain damage.

Link Posted: 2/28/2022 9:43:36 PM EDT
[#35]

View Quote

Yeah, ‘weird’ doesn’t quite do it justice.

Plot is kinda dumb so it’s best to ignore it, and instead focus on the artwork (including character design) which is completely over the top, but mostly in a ‘good’ way - although some of the characters are annoying as hell, most of them are pretty amazing, both in concept and in execution.

But then I’m a sucker for bold, flashy, trashy graphics, bright colors with strong outlines, and very ‘splody sound FX to go with it.

Link Posted: 2/28/2022 10:20:33 PM EDT
[#36]

Yes, let’s all laugh at the weirdo who does NOT want to be abused by a 15 year old girl that suffered brain damage.

https://c.tenor.com/UCdsAZdBHf0AAAAC/margaret-white-pray-jesus-eleanor-snell-carrie-horror-movie1976salvation-christian-prayer-mother-redhead-classic-film-brian-depalma-acting-dramatic.gif
View Quote

Is that what's wrong with that chick that can't speak? Brain damage? Makes sense.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 10:22:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DprvdDgnrt] [#37]

https://c.tenor.com/UCdsAZdBHf0AAAAC/margaret-white-pray-jesus-eleanor-snell-carrie-horror-movie1976salvation-christian-prayer-mother-redhead-classic-film-brian-depalma-acting-dramatic.gif
View Quote

Dude we’re your friends… it’s cool no one here will judge you
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 10:29:16 PM EDT
[#38]

Dude we're your friends it's cool no one here will judge you
View All Quotes

Yes, let's all laugh at the weirdo who does NOT want to be abused by a 15 year old girl that suffered brain damage.

Dude we're your friends it's cool no one here will judge you

#Judging
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 10:30:59 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By joe_sun:

Is that what's wrong with that chick that can't speak? Brain damage? Makes sense.
View All Quotes

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 10:36:33 PM EDT
[#40]

View All Quotes

You can keep your 15 year old sadists with brain damage.  THIS is more to my taste.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 11:20:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: beitodesstrafe] [#41]
Catching up on Princess Connect.

Still waiting for my favorite character from SE1 to show up, but SE2 is very good.

The golem "arc" was straight fire.

But the ep after it.

Link Posted: 2/28/2022 11:28:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hunter-Killer] [#42]

Still waiting for my favorite character from SE1 to show up, but SE2 is very good.

But the ep after it.

https://www.anime-evo.net/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/PriCR2_06_1-700x385.jpg
View Quote

I haven’t watched S2 yet, but S1 was far better than it had any right to be.

Are you talking about the yandere demon girl?
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 11:32:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: beitodesstrafe] [#43]

View All Quotes

But the ep after it.

Yes

Link Posted: 2/28/2022 11:37:30 PM EDT
[#44]

View Quote

Link Posted: 2/28/2022 11:41:27 PM EDT
[#45]
View All Quotes

But the ep after it.

Yes

https://c.tenor.com/NNFdODW1fgQAAAAC/eriko-princess-connect-re-dive.gif

That sucks she hasn’t been in S2 yet.  She was pretty entertaining.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 11:45:26 PM EDT
[#46]

I've already written them off after seeing the exact same ad 4 out of 5 times in one ad segment.

Their marketing approach is ridiculous... They are literally taking something that is available elsewhere for free, making it worse, and then expecting you to pay for the privilege of returning it to its unmodified state.
I have no desire to let them hold my time hostage in exchange for money.
View Quote

That is quite interesting.  I am not aware of a site that is free with no adds that has licensing for any of the shows that Funimation has.  Please show me the site where it is legally "available elsewhere for free" so I can go there.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 11:49:10 PM EDT
[#47]
Not Anime exactly...

But I figure there will be some cross-over.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Miku-Saiki-and-The-Gals-are-coming-back-BAND-MAID-US-Tour-Dates-Announced-/5-2534297/
View Quote

Yup.  Thinking about getting tickets to the Boston show.
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 12:00:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Dirty1] [#48]
Attachment Attached File

No freeloading from me.
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 12:57:08 AM EDT
[#49]
So wholesome.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 1:46:36 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 763
Who watches Anime? (Page 506 of 763)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top