Originally Posted By JPN:

How does a Dullahan eat and drink?
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 4:02:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 4:12:40 AM EDT
[#5]
OMG - am I the only one who was totally clueless about who and/or what is Celty? The other waifu candidates, of course, but Celty?

(Yeah, after looking it up I was familiar with the name of the series, but doubt that I’ve ever watched more than an episode or two - guess that I’m still a relative newbie when it comes to classic anime.)

Link Posted: 4/8/2022 4:34:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By targetworks:
OMG - am I the only one who was totally clueless about who and/or what is Celty? The other waifu candidates, of course, but Celty?

(Yeah, after looking it up I was familiar with the name of the series, but doubt that I’ve ever watched more than an episode or two - guess that I’m still a relative newbie when it comes to classic anime.)

View Quote

Celty is grade A Waifu material

And Durarara is a good watch, definitely entertaining and one of those shows that’s unique and does its own thing unlike an isekia or harem

Link Posted: 4/8/2022 6:55:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Soooo,  I started watching dawn of the witch didn't really notice the cover art for the anime but while watching it they make a reference to 13. Now where the hell have I heard that name for a mage? Stop the show quickly look it up holy shit this is the sequel to grimoire of zero. I know CSB oh well!!!  
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 7:32:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By treemydawg:
Soooo,  I started watching dawn of the witch didn't really notice the cover art for the anime but while watching it they make a reference to 13. Now where the hell have I heard that name for a mage? Stop the show quickly look it up holy shit this is the sequel to grimoire of zero. I know CSB oh well!!!  
View Quote

Awesome, that really is a CSB!

Grimoire of Zero is one of my favorites, and I would have never thought to look for a sequel under another name.

Thanks for sharing, seriously!
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 11:35:22 AM EDT
[#9]

Aqua is a best girl?  Personally I wouldn’t consider her the best girl of her own show.  Hell, I probably wouldn’t even have her in the top 5 of her own show.
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 12:21:37 PM EDT
[#10]
View Quote

Is it a sequel to the events of S1 or is it just in the same universe?
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 12:24:15 PM EDT
[#11]
View Quote
I thought I saw Loli and the Beast in the OP!
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 12:26:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By ConcernedCitizen:

Grimoire of Zero is one of my favorites, and I would have never thought to look for a sequel under another name.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

If it's really one of your favorites then you should call it by it's proper title.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Who-watches-Anime-/5-581883/&page=350

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Who-watches-Anime-/5-581883/&page=350#i91164338

Link Posted: 4/8/2022 12:28:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By mort:
View All Quotes

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 5:50:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hunter-Killer] [#14]
Solid start to Date A Live S4.  Best girl appeared in the first minute and I really like the new spirit so far.  She stood out as being very different from all the others (not an easy task when the MC already has a harem of 87).  It was also nice to see one of them go on a date with Shido, Shido was ridiculously obvious with his communication with Ratatoskr, and the spirit actually acknowledged it.

Can't say I was a fan of the new art style though.  It's a downgrade, but it's not series-ruining like the DxD S4 art style change was, IMO.

This scene was hilarious:

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 6:03:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Liaztraht:
Just watched it and god dayum! I'm looking forward to more!

It was a really balanced episode. The right amount of introduction, action, and game mechanics; plus the way Arc thoroughly enjoys his new world.

Instead of cramming a million things in like Trapped in a Dating Sim did, it had a smooth flow.

I am rather sad, as through my enjoyment, it felt as if it flew by.
View All Quotes
Skeleton knight starts straight off with a rape scene and then a disclaimer pops up at the top of the screen, during the rape scene, warning about potentially graphic scenes.

Ya might want to keep the volume down for the first couple of minutes or your roommates will think you are watching hentai again.
Just watched it and god dayum! I'm looking forward to more!

It was a really balanced episode. The right amount of introduction, action, and game mechanics; plus the way Arc thoroughly enjoys his new world.

Instead of cramming a million things in like Trapped in a Dating Sim did, it had a smooth flow.

I am rather sad, as through my enjoyment, it felt as if it flew by.

I'm also liking the new skeleton knight isekai. The OP kind of gave me some Onepunch feels too.

Skeleton Knight in Another World | Opening
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 8:43:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 8:45:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Seiran:
Question - Did CR really get rid of free account viewing? Or is this just more internet panic bullshit?
View Quote
Not that I'm aware of. I hope not.

I would boycot that shit in a heartbeat and find other means to watch anime.
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 9:46:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Liaztraht] [#18]
Checked Crunchy's updated spring list. Looking forward to a good bit.  Others not so much.

But...
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/8/2022 9:59:06 PM EDT
[#19]
lol

Japan has reached the point of no return

Anime girls are gonna be real for real.
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 10:36:47 PM EDT
[#20]

View All Quotes
Question - Did CR really get rid of free account viewing? Or is this just more internet panic bullshit?

If the videos I watched are true the answer is yes and no.

Yes they are supposedly limiting new episodes of shows to premium membership only.  

No they are not eliminating it all together. You can still watch older seasons and episodes with a free account.

Basically if it was in effect right now and you wanted to watch Season 2 of Shield Hero you would need a premium account.  If you wanted to watch season 1 you could do it with a free account.

HUGE DISCLAIMER. That is according to a video I watched about it. I don't know if it is true, when it supposedly will go into effect, and if it does how long it will take for them to allow free accounts to view new episodes.  I mean if they unlock it the day after it airs it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.  Not that I agree with it at all but I don't have a say in the matter.
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 10:52:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Liaztraht] [#21]
Originally Posted By iliketatertots:

Yes they are supposedly limiting new episodes of shows to premium membership only.  

No they are not eliminating it all together. You can still watch older seasons and episodes with a free account.

Basically if it was in effect right now and you wanted to watch Season 2 of Shield Hero you would need a premium account.  If you wanted to watch season 1 you could do it with a free account.

HUGE DISCLAIMER. That is according to a video I watched about it. I don't know if it is true, when it supposedly will go into effect, and if it does how long it will take for them to allow free accounts to view new episodes.  I mean if they unlock it the day after it airs it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.  Not that I agree with it at all but I don't have a say in the matter.
View All Quotes

Sounds kind if like how funi runs it.

All out elimination would be stupid.

Also, haven't they made free accounts wait for new episodes for a while?
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 11:08:51 PM EDT
[#22]

View Quote

I don't know because I never had a free account. I can't stand commercials or adds. I even DVR everything on TV just so I can skip the commercials.  I only stream music as well. I refuse to listen to the radio because it has more commercials than music.

All I know for sure is a lot of people on the internet seem to hate Crunchyroll/Funimation/HiDive etc because it isn't free to watch without adds and bitch about anything they do.  Every little thing is the end of the world and overreacting is the only way to handle it.  Such is the way of the internet I guess.
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 11:20:13 PM EDT
[#23]

I don't know because I never had a free account. I can't stand commercials or adds. I even DVR everything on TV just so I can skip the commercials.  I only stream music as well. I refuse to listen to the radio because it has more commercials than music.

All I know for sure is a lot of people on the internet seem to hate Crunchyroll/Funimation/HiDive etc because it isn't free to watch without adds and bitch about anything they do.  Every little thing is the end of the world and overreacting is the only way to handle it.  Such is the way of the internet I guess.
View All Quotes

It's probably a bunch of neckbeard TEOTWAWKI weebs freaking out because "muh animuh shuld be free" as they adjust their glasses anime style, while knocking their fedoras askew and squeezing their crusty waifu body pillows

Damn idiots don't realize that the artists don't get paid if their stuff can't get licensed. Which would mean no more anime
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 11:24:32 PM EDT
[#24]
It's probably a bunch of neckbeard TEOTWAWKI weebs freaking out because "muh animuh shuld be free" as they adjust their glasses anime style, while knocking their fedoras askew and squeezing their crusty waifu body pillows

Damn idiots don't realize that the artists don't get paid if their stuff can't get licensed. Which would mean no more anime
View All Quotes

What kind of weeb can't afford $6/mo for crunchyroll?
The only thing I don't like is trying to keep track of shows across several different interfaces.
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 11:27:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Liaztraht] [#25]
Originally Posted By JVD:

The only thing I don't like is trying to keep track of shows across several different interfaces.
View All Quotes

The kind that lives in mom's basement and blows their allowance on cheetos and mountain dew?  

Keeping track will be easier when funi gets their shit together and on to crunchy. But at this snails pace, maybe never

ETA: full disclosure, I know a weeb that is exactly as described, unfortunately
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 3:42:25 AM EDT
[#26]
All I know for sure is a lot of people on the internet seem to hate Crunchyroll/Funimation/HiDive etc because it isn't free to watch without adds and bitch about anything they do.
View Quote

I understand the need for ads, and don't mind them for the most part. I prefer banner ads and such over commercial breaks, as they're less intrusive.

Funimation takes ads to the extreme, though. I once had the same ad play 4 times in a row in a single 5 ad commercial break.

Seriously. The same ad, 4 times in a row, without pause in between.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 3:50:29 AM EDT
[#27]

I understand the need for ads, and don't mind them for the most part. I prefer banner ads and such over commercial breaks, as they're less intrusive.

Funimation takes ads to the extreme, though. I once had the same ad play 4 times in a row in a single 5 ad commercial break.

View Quote
I had the same thing for the short time I tried crunchyroll free. The same damn Adobe commercial with that Nas x or whatever guy. Constant 4 or 5 times in a row.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 3:59:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ConcernedCitizen] [#28]
I had the same thing for the short time I tried crunchyroll free. The same damn Adobe commercial with that Nas x or whatever guy. Constant 4 or 5 times in a row.
View All Quotes

Having only recently gotten more interested in anime, I didn't want a paid membership just yet as I wasn't quite sure the expense would be worth it.

Now that I'm hooked enough to justify it, I am waiting until they get the merger finished.

I wonder if they realize their ads may be counterproductive? Rather than help drive people to pay for a membership, they may instead drive people away completely.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 4:04:12 AM EDT
[#29]

Having only recently gotten more interested in anime, I didn't want a paid membership just yet as I wasn't quite sure the expense would be worth it.

Now that I'm hooked enough to justify it, I am waiting until they get the merger finished.
View All Quotes

Crunchy has a large enough collection to justify the subscription in my opinion.

I'm still waiting on some Funimation exclusives to come over though. I didn't bother re-uping mine as I thought they would get things transfered a little faster.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 4:08:03 AM EDT
[#30]
Crunchy has a large enough collection to justify the subscription in my opinion.

I'm still waiting on some Funimation exclusives to come over though. I didn't bother re-uping mine as I thought they would get things transfered a little faster.
View All Quotes

I'll definitely be getting a CR subscription in the near future. I'm just trying to wait for the dust to settle first.

Besides, the longer I wait, the more I can binge watch. I hating waiting for new episodes to drop.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 4:13:47 AM EDT
[#31]

I'll definitely be getting a CR subscription in the near future. I'm just trying to wait for the dust to settle first.

Besides, the longer I wait, the more I can binge watch. I hating waiting for new episodes to drop.
View All Quotes

Welcome to the struggle. I hate waiting for episodes to release as much as I hate waiting to binge watch
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 4:23:55 AM EDT
[#32]

Welcome to the struggle. I hate waiting for episodes to release as much as I hate waiting to binge watch
View Quote

Thankfully I have plenty of older content on my watchlist to keep me occupied.

One of the benefits of being late to the party, I guess...
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 4:27:27 AM EDT
[#33]

View All Quotes

There's s lot of great stuff from over the years. Hope you watched at least some of the old greats so far

A lot of my favorites are from the 90's to the early 10s.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 9:56:39 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 10:06:30 AM EDT
[#35]
In the middle of the 4th great ninja war.

Glad I waited to be an adult to watch it.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 11:47:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JPN] [#36]
Originally Posted By LittlePony:
Attachment Attached File
View Quote

Coincidence?
https://youtu.be/O3CxkhMVva4

ETA: I had trouble posting a youtube video last night, while I didn't have trouble with other youtube videos, and now this one doesn't seem to want to show up.  Some new arf bug, or something youtube is doing?
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 11:53:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JPN] [#37]
Chris Costa showcasing his signature stance at "Costa Welcome Party" in Japan by Peace Combat.

ETA: Same thing as last night.  Couldn't get the video to post, with multiple edits trying to fix it, then posted it in a new post that wasn't quoting anything, and it worked on the first try.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 12:37:17 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 12:53:21 PM EDT
[#39]
Spy Family looks fun so far.  The Japanese VA for the main spy character sounds like Shirogane from kaguya-sama love is war.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 1:22:00 PM EDT
[#40]
Spy Family looks fun so far.  The Japanese VA for the main spy character sounds like Shirogane from kaguya-sama love is war.
View Quote

I really enjoyed that premiere as well.  I was literally crying from laughter in the first two minutes.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 2:51:37 PM EDT
[#41]
I gave Shikimori's Not Just a Cutie a try.

In the first two minutes the male MC face plants after clumsily tripping on a rock laying on the sidewalk and then has a bird nearly shit on his head causing him to trip on a curb, fall over a rope, and land on his ass.

Link Posted: 4/9/2022 3:33:32 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Hunter-Killer:

In the first two minutes the male MC face plants after clumsily tripping on a rock laying on the sidewalk and then has a bird nearly shit on his head causing him to trip on a curb, fall over a rope, and land on his ass.

https://c.tenor.com/dlHoXWh5tEcAAAAd/yeah-i-cant-do-this-cant-do-this.gif
View Quote

Good call

I once saw a first episode where the MC was such a goober he thought some girl was about to get hit by a truck so he tried saving her, but it was a tractor! It didn’t hit him but he had a heart attack and died and his family luaphed in the hospital

Yeah I bailed right there I doubt I missed anything good
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 4:09:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hunter-Killer] [#43]
If you are going to watch Aharen-san wa Hakarenai you best get your glucose meter and insulin at the ready.  If you don't have diabetes you will after an episode.
View Quote

That one was cute and pretty funny too.  Aharen reminds me of Hakua from Shomin Smaple.  Minus the stripping.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 4:17:15 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By DprvdDgnrt:

Good call

I once saw a first episode where the MC was such a goober he thought some girl was about to get hit by a truck so he tried saving her, but it was a tractor! It didn’t hit him but he had a heart attack and died and his family luaphed in the hospital

View All Quotes

Good call

That actually sounds funny. The only thing that could make it funnier would be if the guy went to heaven and a supernatural being laughed their ass off as they explained to him how he died and then as payback the guy forced the supernatural being to accompany him in his new life in a new world. I’d love to watch something like that.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 4:43:24 PM EDT
[#45]

That actually sounds funny. The only thing that could make it funnier would be if the guy went to heaven and a supernatural being laughed their ass off as they explained to him how he died and then as payback the guy forced the supernatural being to accompany him in his new life in a new world. I’d love to watch something like that.
View All Quotes

Good call

“I see what you did there…”

BTW, as far as ep. 1 of Spy x Family is concerned, it reminded me enough of Hinamatsuri that I had to do a quick lookup to see whether both series had the same author.

Apparently not the case, though…

Link Posted: 4/9/2022 4:54:43 PM EDT
[#46]

BTW, as far as ep. 1 of Spy x Family is concerned, it reminded me enough of Hinamatsuri that I had to do a quick lookup to see whether both series had the same author.

View All Quotes

Good call

I love that anime.  Here is the post I made a while back about it:

I HIGHLY recommend Hinamatsuri.  It's classified as comedy, slice of life, sci-fi, and supernatural and I have NEVER seen a 12/13 episode anime that gave me more literal LOL moments.  Especially one that was fairly wholesome.  There were multiple individual episodes that caused me to laugh more than other comedy anime did during their entire series.  

The plot is hard to describe, but its basically about a loli terminator with telekinetic powers who goes back in time, runs into a playboy Yakuza member, and forces him to act as her father.  He hates it at first, but then he realizes how useful a loli terminator with telekinetic powers can be in his line of work.  Naturally another loli terminator character arrives to hilariously try to kill her.  She even has a "I need your clothes, boots, and your motorcycle" arrival scene.

This is basically a 6 minute version of the first episode:

There is also a dub and, if you're not opposed to dubs, I recommend that since some of the humor doesn't translate as well in the sub.  Either version is hysterical though.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 5:25:37 PM EDT
[#47]

View Quote
What if the girl has telekinesis powers and uses them on the dude all the time for kicks?
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 5:29:14 PM EDT
[#48]

... Especially one that was fairly wholesome. ...
View Quote

Instantly skeptical...

Link Posted: 4/9/2022 5:34:59 PM EDT
[#49]

Wait, are there cat ears for Howard Leight Impact Sports?
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 5:44:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: beitodesstrafe] [#50]

View All Quotes

@JVD

https://www.weaponoutfitters.com/hardcore-tactics-nekomimi.html

Page / 754
Who watches Anime? (Page 528 of 754)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top