I’m a little surprised no one got that.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Hunter-Killer:

IT’S….

Click To View Spoiler

I'll be honest... All anime characters look the same to me.

Link Posted: 4/10/2022 11:41:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By ConcernedCitizen:

View All Quotes

IT’S….

Click To View Spoiler

Link Posted: 4/11/2022 12:39:23 AM EDT
[#4]

http://i.imgur.com/mh7j6.gif
View All Quotes

IT’S….

Click To View Spoiler

I seriously don't know how you guys can tell some of these characters apart. Except for unique characters like Nagatoro or Celty, there seem to be only a few different character types, in which the only difference may be a hair clip, ribbon, or hair color.

So how do you guys tell all these characters apart at a glance?
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 1:14:06 AM EDT
[#5]

I seriously don't know how you guys can tell some of these characters apart. Except for unique characters like Nagatoro or Celty, there seem to be only a few different character types, in which the only difference may be a hair clip, ribbon, or hair color.

View All Quotes

IT’S….

Click To View Spoiler

There are some similarities and even some lookalikes, but it’s not like they’re all kids in South Park.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 1:16:22 AM EDT
[#6]
And speaking of South Park:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 1:50:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Is anyone else somewhat disappointed in The Strongest Sage With the Weakest Crest or In the Land of Leadale?

Both feel more like a generic Mary Sue: The Anime to me.

I completely understand the OP MC trope, and have no issue when it's done correctly. Characters like Ainz, Diablo, Rimaru, and Hajime all seem to be well thought out, and their abilities and power levels are generally explained quite well.

Matthias (Strongest Sage) and Keina (Leadale) both feel like their power levels are completely handwaved in comparison. It's hard to explain exactly why their characters feel so off to me, but they do. Perhaps it's that there seems to be no rhyme or reason to how magic actually works in their world, and they can simply make up whatever magical spell they need at the moment. It's like they have a magical "I win" button, which they just spam repeatedly.

Sure, Ainz and Rimaru are also completely OP, but at least they do so with style. Matthias and Keina's characters just feel flat to me for some reason.

I also have a specific question regarding Keina... How is she level 1,100 (iirc) when the other two players, one of which has been there for 10 years, are both only around 400? Why is she the only max level player, and why is there such a disparity between her and the other players' levels? It just doesn't make sense to me.

Anyway, I just wanted to get that rant off my chest, and see if anyone felt the same way about those two shows. Again, I'm not against overpowered MCs, but I am against lazy Mary Sue MCs.

Opinions, anyone?
View Quote
See, I'm liking Leadale, but Strongest Sage just seems boring. In both cases, the MCs are thought of as legends from the past, but SS just  involves the MC standing around talking while everybody around him is in awe of his wonderfulness. The monsters and demons just politely wait while he pontificates, and the fights are pretty effortless. and everything moves very slowly. I mean, I get it. He's the strongest sage with the strongest crest. He's awesome tm.

While Leadale doesn't handle the MC's power much better, there seems to be more life in the world.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 1:51:27 AM EDT
[#8]

View All Quotes

IT'S.

Click To View Spoiler

I'm a little surprised no one got that.

Simplicity itself. We tell them apart by hair clips, ribbons, and hair color.

Link Posted: 4/11/2022 2:31:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By TheOTHERmaninblack:

View All Quotes

IT'S.

Click To View Spoiler

I haven't really developed that level of discernment yet, aside from obvious things like hair color.

Even then, how many silver-haired protagonists and blue-haired women are there in anime?
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 2:55:58 AM EDT
[#10]

I haven't really developed that level of discernment yet, aside from obvious things like hair color.

Even then, how many silver-haired protagonists and blue-haired women are there in anime?
View All Quotes

IT'S.

Click To View Spoiler

Yes.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 3:54:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Psssst…

It’s the bunny ears and the floppy wizard hats.

Oh - and the oppai.

Yep, always the oppai.

Link Posted: 4/11/2022 4:11:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By targetworks:
Psssst…

It’s the bunny ears and the floppy wizard hats.

Oh - and the oppai.

Yep, always the oppai.

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 4:15:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: mort] [#13]
Is anyone else somewhat disappointed in The Strongest Sage With the Weakest Crest or In the Land of Leadale?

I completely understand the OP MC trope, and have no issue when it's done correctly. Characters like Ainz, Diablo, Rimaru, and Hajime all seem to be well thought out, and their abilities and power levels are generally explained quite well.

Matthias (Strongest Sage) and Keina (Leadale) both feel like their power levels are completely handwaved in comparison. It's hard to explain exactly why their characters feel so off to me, but they do. Perhaps it's that there seems to be no rhyme or reason to how magic actually works in their world, and they can simply make up whatever magical spell they need at the moment. It's like they have a magical "I win" button, which they just spam repeatedly.

Sure, Ainz and Rimaru are also completely OP, but at least they do so with style. Matthias and Keina's characters just feel flat to me for some reason.

I also have a specific question regarding Keina... How is she level 1,100 (iirc) when the other two players, one of which has been there for 10 years, are both only around 400? Why is she the only max level player, and why is there such a disparity between her and the other players' levels? It just doesn't make sense to me.

Anyway, I just wanted to get that rant off my chest, and see if anyone felt the same way about those two shows. Again, I'm not against overpowered MCs, but I am against lazy Mary Sue MCs.

Opinions, anyone?
View Quote
Both are generic isekai op mc.  Sage/Crest is following the Dr who smartest guy in the room trope.  Leadale is following the OP tourist with a do-gooder streak trope.  

Kayna is one of 12 players in the game called a skillmaster. To be a skillmaster you have to earn all the skills in the game without special items or workarounds then go through a mental health screening by the game mods.  Since she was bedridden on lifesupport Kayna was pretty much living in the game before she died from a power outage.  In order to get the maid Summon Roxine you had to have something like 5000 hours in the game, Kayna had enough hours for the maid/butler pair.

ETA someone mentioned that the MC from Strongest Sage extended his life, I disagree he ended his life because that was the only way to change his Crest.  IE he committed suicide because he did not like an attribute of his body and wanted a new chance with a new body.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 4:25:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By mort:
Both are generic isekai op mc.  Sage/Crest is following the Dr who smartest guy in the room trope.  Leadale is following the OP tourist with a do-gooder streak trope.  

Kayna is one of 12 players in the game called a skillmaster. To be a skillmaster you have to earn all the skills in the game without special items or workarounds then go through a mental health screening by the game mods.  Since she was bedridden on lifesupport Kayna was pretty much living in the game before she died from a power outage.  In order to get the maid Summon Roxine you had to have something like 5000 hours in the game, Kayna had enough hours for the maid/butler pair.
View All Quotes

Opinions, anyone?

The Skillmaster qualification does help explain things.

Is that information from the manga? I don't remember them mentioning it in the anime, or I somehow missed it.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 4:27:01 AM EDT
[#15]
Attachment Attached File

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 4:54:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ConcernedCitizen] [#16]
Originally Posted By brasscrossedrifles:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/116701/me_an_intellectuo_jpg-2345204.JPG

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 5:20:39 AM EDT
[#17]

ETA someone mentioned that the MC from Strongest Sage extended his life, I disagree he ended his life because that was the only way to change his Crest.  IE he committed suicide because he did not like an attribute of his body and wanted a new chance with a new body.
View Quote
I don't think reincarnation is a given in that universe. The demons certainly don't believe it, given how they refuse to believe Mattius is the old mage whatsisname because that guy would be really old. Given what's in the anime without consulting the source material, it looks like the spell he used was a specific reincarnation spell.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 6:51:17 AM EDT
[#18]
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/11/2022 7:05:12 AM EDT
[#19]
This mashup slaps:

Link Posted: 4/11/2022 9:36:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JPN] [#20]

View Quote

He ended his life with a reincarnation spell that he created, after having lived well beyond a normal human's lifespan by using life extension magic.

There is a manga series dealing with his previous life, where he forms a party with Iris and the other 'gods'/'legends' that are mentioned in Strongest Sage.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 11:00:24 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 11:01:40 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 1:59:50 PM EDT
[#23]

Is that information from the manga? I don't remember them mentioning it in the anime, or I somehow missed
View All Quotes

Opinions, anyone?

Is that information from the manga? I don't remember them mentioning it in the anime, or I somehow missed
I read the skillmaster stuff in the LNs.  It is in the anime, the skillmaster title is why she can access the skillmaster towers, grant skills to players and NERF that mass murderer player.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 3:45:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By eesmith:
This mashup slaps:

View Quote

"Dixie" (Union Version) - Union Civil War Song
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 5:08:34 PM EDT
[#25]
View All Quotes
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/116701/me_an_intellectuo_jpg-2345204.JPG

Click To View Spoiler

https://c.tenor.com/RYfuaRcuFSoAAAAM/konosuba-kazuma.gif

Click To View Spoiler

Link Posted: 4/11/2022 6:06:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Spy x Family question:  

(not really a big spoiler, but I’ll put it in tags just to be on the safe side)

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 6:43:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RustedAce] [#27]
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 7:03:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Spy x Family question:  

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

I’m not even going to hazard a guess, but…

Click To View Spoiler

Link Posted: 4/11/2022 7:34:40 PM EDT
[#29]
Spy x Family question:  

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

According to the manga, "unknown".
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 7:47:50 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By RustedAce:

Doesnt Saunders have some Lee's?

Should have been those.
View All Quotes
This mashup slaps:

Should have been those.
Pretty sure they're all Sherman variants.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 7:56:50 PM EDT
[#31]
View All Quotes
This mashup slaps:

Should have been those.

yep

https://gup.fandom.com/wiki/Saunders_University_High_School#Vehicles_operated
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 8:23:07 PM EDT
[#32]
Although, to be perfectly fair, the Sherman could be said to be a Lee variant.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 8:32:17 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Swoosh101:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvjOG5gboFU
View All Quotes
This mashup slaps:

It sucks, but also really underlines the difference between totalizing and non-totalizing worldviews.

Southern: inward looking,
I wish I was in the land of cotton(Land, limiting principle, and only where cotton is grown)
Old time there not forgotten (yearning, nostalgia, and return)
In dixie land where I was born (literal nationalism)

Northern: outward looking,
The inexorable march, conquering, unconscionable schoolmarm, there is no home, but watch fires, righteousness, camps- this is NOT a homebound ideology.

The southern one is better (and everyone knows it, and which is why it's the version is the one used in the video) because it's not petty and venal, with a sour reek.

Link Posted: 4/11/2022 9:00:28 PM EDT
[#34]
It sucks, but also really underlines the difference between totalizing and non-totalizing worldviews.

I wish I was in the land of cotton(Land, limiting principle, and only where cotton is grown)

The inexorable march, conquering, unconscionable schoolmarm, there is no home, but watch fires, righteousness, camps- this is NOT a homebound ideology.

The southern one is better (and everyone knows it, and which is why it's the version is the one used in the video) because it's not petty and venal, with a sour reek.

View All Quotes
This mashup slaps:

Ah yes the war of southern aggression.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 10:17:58 PM EDT
[#35]
So is Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid pretty much like The Helpful Fox Senko-san except instead of a male MC there is a very unfeminine female MC and instead of foxes there are dragons?
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 10:20:55 PM EDT
[#36]
So is Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid pretty much like The Helpful Fox Senko-san except instead of a male MC there is a very unfeminine female MC and instead of foxes there are dragons?
View Quote

How does the tanuki factor into this?
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 10:26:29 PM EDT
[#37]
> American history discussion
> In the anime thread

Can we fucking not?
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 10:27:19 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By JPN:

View All Quotes

Link Posted: 4/11/2022 10:46:45 PM EDT
[#39]
View Quote

Lesbian bestiality.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 11:21:35 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By dog-meat:

Lesbian bestiality.
View All Quotes

Lesbian bestiality.

Hey.

It's wholesome, lesbian bestiality!

Link Posted: 4/11/2022 11:30:30 PM EDT
[#41]
I've started watching "my mental choices are completely interfering with my school romantic comedy" and "hinamatsuri".

Link Posted: 4/12/2022 12:22:50 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By beitodesstrafe:

Hey.

View All Quotes

Lesbian bestiality.

Hey.

Taurou wants to make it Holesome lesbian beastiality.
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 12:28:15 AM EDT
[#43]
View Quote
Do you like big titty anime girls? Do you like dragons?  Do you like japanese office worker sitcoms? Do you like occasional world rending battles between dragons? If yes then you will probably like dragon maid.
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 12:28:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RustedAce] [#44]
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 12:36:12 AM EDT
[#45]
So far this seems to be the OP of the season according to /a/. I can't decide if I love it or hate it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsq3h9oSXr0
View Quote

Banger. The science is settled.
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 12:41:59 AM EDT
[#46]

Lesbian bestiality.
View All Quotes

Lesbian bestiality.

Senko with its incest/loli/bestiality kink: “that’s cute.”
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 12:45:59 AM EDT
[#47]

I've started watching "my mental choices are completely interfering with my school romantic comedy" and "hinamatsuri".
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/12/2022 2:02:29 AM EDT
[#48]
View All Quotes

https://media0.giphy.com/media/zZs5mIUOmW7eM/giphy.gif

Did Senko's tanuki rival not show up early enough to be in the first season of the anime?
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 2:20:03 AM EDT
[#49]

Did Senko's tanuki rival not show up early enough to be in the first season of the anime?
View All Quotes

https://media0.giphy.com/media/zZs5mIUOmW7eM/giphy.gif

Another fox girl?  The only name I remember is Senko’s.  There is another fox loli with white hair and a oppai fox with purpleish (IIRC) hair.  I don’t remember their names though.
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 2:38:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JPN] [#50]

Another fox girl?  The only name I remember is Senko’s.  There is another fox loli with white hair and a oppai fox with purpleish (IIRC) hair.  I don’t remember their names though.
View Quote

The white fox girl is Shiro.

Another fox girl, who is younger and still a trainee fox spirit, eventually shows up.  Her name is Suzu.

I went digging back through the manga, and the tanuki girl (not a fox, but a tanuki or raccoon dog) shows up in chapter 46, so I guess she didn't make her appearance early enough to be in the anime.  When she gets tired, her country accent becomes noticeable, and she has more trouble maintaining her transformation to human form.  Her name is Fukuda.

Attachment Attached File

ETA:  The elder fox's name is Sora.
Page / 752
Who watches Anime? (Page 531 of 752)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top