Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Who watches Anime? (Page 534 of 765)
Page / 765
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 10:28:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Regarding the opening gang rape scene in Skeleton Knight in Another World: what's weird is that I read it's the only scene like that in the entire manga. Goblin Slayer having the gang rape scene in E1 actually makes since as there is plenty of goblin rape in the series.  It seems really, really weird to have a gang rape in the first 2 seconds of an anime if there is nothing like that the rest of the way.

I think that's the most I used the word "rape" in one post.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 2:46:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Hunter-Killer:
Regarding the opening gang rape scene in Skeleton Knight in Another World: what's weird is that I read it's the only scene like that in the entire manga. Goblin Slayer having the gang rape scene in E1 actually makes since as there is plenty of goblin rape in the series.  It seems really, really weird to have a gang rape in the first 2 seconds of an anime if there is nothing like that the rest of the way.

View Quote
It is odd, but it really grabs your attention.

Watched the second episode as soon as I got home. So far it's the best of this seasons isekais.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 2:58:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By JPN:

If you like sci-fi cop stuff that ventures into philosophical issues, you might like Psycho-Pass.  The first season came out around a decade ago, and I think it is up to 3 seasons, now.
View Quote

I watched the first episode of Psycho-Pass, and like it so far.

It's like an interesting mix of Judge Dredd and Minority Report.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 3:00:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By ConcernedCitizen:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

If you like sci-fi cop stuff that ventures into philosophical issues, you might like Psycho-Pass.  The first season came out around a decade ago, and I think it is up to 3 seasons, now.

That's about how I thought of it. It's a good one.

No pre-crime for you, you potential criminal
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 3:04:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Liaztraht:

View All Quotes

I like how their criminal potential can change on the fly, depending on their actions.

An omniscient AI is definitely something to be feared.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 3:10:39 AM EDT
[#6]

I like how their criminal potential can change on the fly, depending on their actions.

View All Quotes

I would probably be dead if my thoughts could be read by AI. All those times thinking "what would happen if I...?"
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 4:00:11 AM EDT
[#7]
I would probably be dead if my thoughts could be read by AI. All those times thinking "what would happen if I...?"
View All Quotes

It's surprising how often an inquisitive mind is frowned upon.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 4:41:40 AM EDT
[#8]

View All Quotes

Thinking through every possible action, response, and outcome I can during a given scenario has saved my ass many times. I just know not to act on the immoral ones. Some of which a Psycho-Pass would catch a nasty crime coefficient on

But in gd I just generally say the first thing that comes to mind
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 8:00:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Whippet06] [#9]
Originally Posted By DprvdDgnrt:

Bakemonogatari
Madoka magica
K-on!
Serial exparmemts lain
To Love Ru
Heavens lost property
Oreimo
Toradora
Haibane Renmei
Claymore
Spice & Wolf
Soul Eater

Do you have a genre in mind?, I can suggest anime all day the limiting doctor is my memory lol

ETA I wasnt thinking about being close to Ergo Proxy I haven't seen it but I know that this whole list can't all be similar to one thing lol
View All Quotes
I know you guys are more interested in the new shows being released, but are there any older shows you might recommend for someone fairly new to anime?

I'm almost finished with Ergo Proxy, which I've really enjoyed so far, and could use some more recommendations like that. It looks like it was from 2006-2007, which is what got me thinking about older anime series that might not get mentioned much anymore.

What are your favorite older anime?

Bakemonogatari
Madoka magica
K-on!
Serial exparmemts lain
To Love Ru
Heavens lost property
Oreimo
Toradora
Haibane Renmei
Claymore
Spice & Wolf
Soul Eater

Do you have a genre in mind?, I can suggest anime all day the limiting doctor is my memory lol

ETA I wasnt thinking about being close to Ergo Proxy I haven't seen it but I know that this whole list can't all be similar to one thing lol
I'd add Darker Than Black to that list. It came out in 2007.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 10:05:09 AM EDT
[#10]
A few more older(ish) ones to add to the list:

Akira
Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood
ERASED
Shelter
(just a single 6-minute "episode" to this one)
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 10:21:47 AM EDT
[#11]
This is a bit older...

But

Trigun
X
Hellsing (ultimate is good too, but the original anime has a special place in my heart, lol)
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 10:48:51 AM EDT
[#12]

View Quote
If skeleton night follows the books there will be other scenes.  Apparently humans love raping elves.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 11:01:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By mort:
If skeleton night follows the books there will be other scenes.  Apparently humans love raping elves.
View All Quotes

Well, who doesn't?

Um, I mean, I will have to keep watching the anime to see whether or not they actually go there.

Link Posted: 4/15/2022 11:02:47 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By targetworks:

Well, who doesn't?

Um, I mean, I will have to keep watching the anime to see whether or not they actually go there.

View All Quotes

Well, who doesn't?

Link Posted: 4/15/2022 11:12:23 AM EDT
[#15]

Watched the second episode as soon as I got home. So far it's the best of this seasons isekais.
View All Quotes

But it can also turn some people off from the anime right off the bat.  Most people watch new anime on a trial basis with few going into it thinking "I'm going to watch this entire series no matter what" and I can certainly see how some of them might not want to watch a series with gang rapes resulting in them quitting it right after they started it.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 12:03:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Today's Date A Live episode was one of the most meta anime episodes I've ever seen w/o directly breaking the fourth wall.  And any episode in which the best waifu in all of anime makes an appearance is a solid episode in my book.  

With regard to the art style downgrade: I think Tohka probably got the worst of it, but Tohka isn't in my top 5 in the anime so it doesn't bother me as much as it might bother others.  Though Tohka's downgrade isn't even in the ballpark of what DxD did to poor Rias Gremory. RIP.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 12:28:10 PM EDT
[#17]
View Quote

I sometimes do that at work.  Picked up the nickname 'Bomber' at a past job.  I still can't figure out why some people think that if you know how to make something, it means that you have made it at least once.  I mean, how many Physics professors can tell you how to make a fission bomb?  Does that mean each and every one of them has made a fission bomb at least once?

I guess it's just a symptom of how many people rarely spend time trying to figure out how to do something, instead of paying someone else to do it for them.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 12:55:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By beitodesstrafe:

https://c.tenor.com/ZPnt3rrgHoAAAAAC/anime-happy.gif
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By beitodesstrafe:

Well, who doesn't?

https://c.tenor.com/ZPnt3rrgHoAAAAAC/anime-happy.gif

Haha, I am currently about 4 episodes into another rewatch of that.  Just S1 though.  I very much doubt I will ever rewatch S2.  
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 1:10:59 PM EDT
[#19]

Well, who doesn't?

View All Quotes

Well, who doesn't?

Well to be fair they stopped short of it actually happening. But ya that scene went on a little long.  However, I think they did that so you wouldn't question the morals of the MC as he swooped in and fruit ninja'd the bandits.

The whole elves things could mean there will be additional scenes. As the mysterious girl that we know from the OP will be joining our MC is an elf.  I just hope it won't be her getting bad ended.

This reminds my of the baal buddy comics where the elves are bascially a race based on Darkness.

Elf Gets Held Down And Orced Against Her Will | comic by baalbuddy

Link Posted: 4/15/2022 1:34:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JVD] [#20]
Originally Posted By brasscrossedrifles:
So far this seems to be the OP of the season according to /a/. I can't decide if I love it or hate it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsq3h9oSXr0
View Quote

Link is broken now but I caught this earlier. I was not expecting to like Paripi Koumei after figuring out what the absolutely absurd premise is, but here I am on episode 3.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 1:35:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Bacon_Grease:

Well to be fair they stopped short of it actually happening. But ya that scene went on a little long.  However, I think they did that so you wouldn't question the morals of the MC as he swooped in and fruit ninja'd the bandits.

The whole elves things could mean there will be additional scenes. As the mysterious girl that we know from the OP will be joining our MC is an elf.  I just hope it won't be her getting bad ended.

This reminds my of the baal buddy comics where the elves are bascially a race based on Darkness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kh1gwYZj1Ic

View All Quotes

Well, who doesn't?

Seeing an innocent young girl getting raped and be like “ehh, whatever, not my problem, now I wonder what I should have for lunch” despite the fact they could easily save the girl?

What kind of a piece of shit MC would do something that monstrous?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 2:25:21 PM EDT
[#22]

Seeing an innocent young girl getting raped and be like “ehh, whatever, not my problem, now I wonder what I should have for lunch” despite the fact they could easily save the girl?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/258158/2629102A-F9AE-4984-9D04-D6A3BBDA2613_jpe-2350034.JPG
View Quote

I thought we were talking about skeleton knight.

I just imagined someone looking over the scene and going. "so he is going to swoop in and in one slice turn these guys into meat"

Then someone else goes. "Hmm.. that might be kind of dark. Are we going for an overlord theme here?"

"No not like that these are bad guys they're trying to rape this girl"

"well the MC might not know that"

"Lets make sure the scene portrays that these are bad guys doing bad things and they absolutely are trying to rape her"

"Say no more Fam"

But I've heard some stuff about Wandering Witch and I think I have seen a youtube clip.  Didn't really look like something I would enjoy
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 2:25:27 PM EDT
[#23]

I sometimes do that at work.  Picked up the nickname 'Bomber' at a past job.  I still can't figure out why some people think that if you know how to make something, it means that you have made it at least once.  I mean, how many Physics professors can tell you how to make a fission bomb?  Does that mean each and every one of them has made a fission bomb at least once?

I guess it's just a symptom of how many people rarely spend time trying to figure out how to do something, instead of paying someone else to do it for them.
View All Quotes

I know how to make quite a few dangerous things like that. I haven't made anything, but I have read The Anarchist Cookbook a few times... Well, I made napalm once, but that was taught by my 8th grade science teacher and we made it in class. That's also where i got a digital copy of the book. He was some weird mix of conservative, libertarian, and hippie. I wonder what happened to him?  

I would rather learn how to do something on my own than have someone else do it. I read up on things that I've never had a use for,  just for the knowledge.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 2:43:06 PM EDT
[#24]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/258158/2629102A-F9AE-4984-9D04-D6A3BBDA2613_jpe-2350034.JPG
View Quote

A based ass one that was best girl of what ever year that anime came out that’s who
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 2:46:24 PM EDT
[#25]

I just imagined someone looking over the scene and going. "so he is going to swoop in and in one slice turn these guys into meat"

Then someone else goes. "Hmm.. that might be kind of dark. Are we going for an overlord theme here?"

"Lets make sure the scene portrays that these are bad guys doing bad things and they absolutely are trying to rape her"

"Say no more Fam"

But I've heard some stuff about Wandering Witch and I think I have seen a youtube clip.  Didn't really look like something I would enjoy
View All Quotes

"Say no more Fam"

You said saving a girl from getting raped showed the morals of the MC and I was commenting on how that's pretty standard for an MC unless they are a huge POS and then I chained to a rip on Elaina.

If you don't think you'd enjoy Elaina I won't try to convince you otherwise.  It wasn't the worst anime I ever saw, but I don't think it was good and definitely not rewatchable.  Having a selfish POS MC is fine as long as the show knows the MC is a POS (like Redo of Healer).  That anime didn't.  One scene she is doing shit that would make her a villain in most anime and the next scene the anime is trying to portray her like she's Maple in BOFURI or something.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 2:52:49 PM EDT
[#26]

You said saving a girl from getting raped showed the morals of the MC and I was commenting on how that's pretty standard for an MC unless they are a huge POS and then I chained to a rip on Elaina.

If you don't think you'd enjoy Elaina I won't try to convince you otherwise.  It wasn't the worst anime I ever saw, but I don't think it was good and definitely not rewatchable.  Having a selfish POS MC is fine as long as the show knows the MC is a POS (like Redo of Healer).  That anime didn't.  One scene she is doing shit that would make her a villain in most anime and the next scene the anime is trying to portray her like she's Maple in BOFURI or something.
View Quote

I meant morals as in thoughtlessly killing people.

He makes a remark about the killing of the bandits not weighing on his conscience.  I think they wanted to make sure the audience didn't confuse this as going the same way as overlord with the MC losing his humanity.

Basically anyone with the power to stop the bandits would have or should have killed them.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 2:54:43 PM EDT
[#27]
I know how to make quite a few dangerous things like that. I haven't made anything, but I have read The Anarchist Cookbook a few times... Well, I made napalm once, but that was taught by my 8th grade science teacher and we made it in class. That's also where i got a digital copy of the book. He was some weird mix of conservative, libertarian, and hippie. I wonder what happened to him?  

I would rather learn how to do something on my own than have someone else do it. I read up on things that I've never had a use for,  just for the knowledge.
View All Quotes

One day in high school, Physics class started with the teacher just standing there, staring at me, as I sat in the front row, quietly reading 'Improvised Weapons of the American Underground' (as I recall, I happened to be holding the book at an angle that allowed him to see the cover).

Same teacher taught Chemistry, and to get from the classroom to the lab, we normally walked through a storage closet (doors to each room across from each other, at one end of the storage closet).  I got curious and made a detour to see what was on the shelves.  When the teacher stepped into the storage closet, he noticed me, stopped, and got one of those 'what is he doing?' looks on his face.  I pointed at the large jar in front of me that had a white, crystalline compound in it, turned my head toward him and said (with a smile on my face) the name of the compound.  He rushed over and started pushing me toward the door, saying 'out, out, out'.

I felt a little bad, when I later learned that 2 or 3 years earlier, a few (supposedly honor) students had been making up missed labs after school, and blew out the lab windows when the teacher was out of the room.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 2:56:37 PM EDT
[#28]
perfect blue better be everything that i'm expecting

tbh i'm happy to watch something where, well, the characters look like actual people
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 3:00:18 PM EDT
[#29]

A based ass one that was best girl of what ever year that anime came out that’s who
View All Quotes

Sure and Malty S Melromarc was best girl of 2019.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 3:00:49 PM EDT
[#30]

He makes a remark about the killing of the bandits not weighing on his conscience.  I think they wanted to make sure the audience didn't confuse this as going the same way as overlord with the MC losing his humanity.

Basically anyone with the power to stop the bandits would have or should have killed them.
View All Quotes

Ah, gotcha.

After watching E1 I posted that he seemed like a combination of Ainz as Momon and Alphonse Elric.  After E2 he seems more like Alphonse Elric than Ainz/Momon though.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 3:12:12 PM EDT
[#31]

Fate is a really good series and definitely worth the effort it’s actually pretty simple once explained

In the main line series there are only 2 different wars that happened but the second one was told 3 different ways basically the original source material was a visual novel and you could take 3 different paths depending on which female protagonist you focused on Sabers route (fate stay night) Rins route (Unlimited blade works) and Sakuras route(Heavens feel)

So Fate/Zero happened and then FSN, UBW and HF happened at the same time

Fate Stay Night was the first to get an anime and it’s the only one not made by Ufotable so it’s really not nearly as good as other ones

There’s 2 watch orders either watch Fate Stay Night first then Watch Fate/Zero (as a prequel) then watch either UBW or Heavens feel next it doesn’t matter witch way

Or just skip over Fate Stau Night (no biggie) and do Fate Zero then UBW/Heavens Feel

All othe Fate anime are spin offs they have some loose connections with the main series but can be watched in any order

BTW Fate/Zero 2 season anime, UBW is a 2 season anime or condensed movie version and Heavens Feel is a movie trilogy

I saw Heavens Feel 1 in theaters and that was such a cool experience this films look incredible

@iliketatertots just curious what’s your take on this?
View Quote

Sorry for the late reply. I didn't get the notification for the @.

I agree with everything you said.

The biggest argument people get into with Fate and Fate Stay Night is if you watch one it spoils the plot for the other because they are the same type of war and if you start with UBW you know going into Zero who wins.  Other than that it's up to you which way to watch.  I personally started with Fate Zero because I found it first. I don't think I would have been upset if I had started the other way. Knowing stuff before hand doesn't ruin things for me but your mileage may vary and all that.

Fate Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works the movie version was no where near as good as the 2 season anime so I would recommend just watching the series.  As mentioned this is the Rin route

The original Fate Stay Night (Sabre route) has pretty crappy animation and isn't near as good as the 2 seasons of UBW but if you want to see all the different endings it's worth watching.

I can't recommend the Heavens Feel movies enough (Sakura route). It is a UFOtable product so you get an awesome story with some of the best animation in the industry.  If you like the animation in Demon Slayer and it's Mugen Train movie you will like Heaven's Feel.  I own all 3 movies on Blu-ray.  The animation in the fight scenes alone is worth watching so if you don't like the story the fights are still worth your time.

As for the rest the Fate Grand Order stuff is pretty good and I don't think it really matters what order you watch them in.

The Fate Extra Last Encore series was kind of off-putting but it is watchable. I wouldn't go out of my way for it though.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 3:13:10 PM EDT
[#32]

One day in high school, Physics class started with the teacher just standing there, staring at me, as I sat in the front row, quietly reading 'Improvised Weapons of the American Underground' (as I recall, I happened to be holding the book at an angle that allowed him to see the cover).

Same teacher taught Chemistry, and to get from the classroom to the lab, we normally walked through a storage closet (doors to each room across from each other, at one end of the storage closet).  I got curious and made a detour to see what was on the shelves.  When the teacher stepped into the storage closet, he noticed me, stopped, and got one of those 'what is he doing?' looks on his face.  I pointed at the large jar in front of me that had a white, crystalline compound in it, turned my head toward him and said (with a smile on my face) the name of the compound.  He rushed over and started pushing me toward the door, saying 'out, out, out'.

I felt a little bad, when I later learned that 2 or 3 years earlier, a few (supposedly honor) students had been making up missed labs after school, and blew out the lab windows when the teacher was out of the room.
View All Quotes

Some good ole pre-crime could have saved those windows

I need to watch Psycho-Pass again.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 4:27:27 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By miklofromthebarrio:

tbh i'm happy to watch something where, well, the characters look like actual people
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 4:39:45 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By iliketatertots:

The biggest argument people get into with Fate and Fate Stay Night is if you watch one it spoils the plot for the other because they are the same type of war and if you start with UBW you know going into Zero who wins.  Other than that it's up to you which way to watch.  I personally started with Fate Zero because I found it first. I don't think I would have been upset if I had started the other way. Knowing stuff before hand doesn't ruin things for me but your mileage may vary and all that.

Fate Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works the movie version was no where near as good as the 2 season anime so I would recommend just watching the series.  As mentioned this is the Rin route

The original Fate Stay Night (Sabre route) has pretty crappy animation and isn't near as good as the 2 seasons of UBW but if you want to see all the different endings it's worth watching.

I can't recommend the Heavens Feel movies enough (Sakura route). It is a UFOtable product so you get an awesome story with some of the best animation in the industry.  If you like the animation in Demon Slayer and it's Mugen Train movie you will like Heaven's Feel.  I own all 3 movies on Blu-ray.  The animation in the fight scenes alone is worth watching so if you don't like the story the fights are still worth your time.

As for the rest the Fate Grand Order stuff is pretty good and I don't think it really matters what order you watch them in.

The Fate Extra Last Encore series was kind of off-putting but it is watchable. I wouldn't go out of my way for it though.
View Quote

Mmhm yeah the system is iffy lol I just wanted to make sure I wasn’t grossly misrepresenting the source material

Yeah I started with Fate Stay Night and while I know it’s the weakest I enjoyed it and it made Zero seem amazing but yeah Heavens feel is next level in the theater everyone luaphed hard as hell when Click To View Spoiler

I gotta get on the grand order ones one day everyone seems to like them, I was excited to Last Encore because I played a PlayStation game with Nero Saber but it kinda turned me off of the spin offs I bailed pretty quick

Plus if I remember correctly in Last Encore they took an eraser to Rins butt
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 4:45:49 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By miklofromthebarrio:

View Quote

The only time I watched perfect blue it was scrambled through cable.  I thought it was hentai for the longest time.

I've been meaning to give it a proper watch.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 4:53:08 PM EDT
[#36]

View Quote

My memory of psycho pass say windows would still be in danger.

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 4:56:18 PM EDT
[#37]

Mmhm yeah the system is iffy lol I just wanted to make sure I wasn’t grossly misrepresenting the source material

Yeah I started with Fate Stay Night and while I know it’s the weakest I enjoyed it and it made Zero seem amazing but yeah Heavens feel is next level in the theater everyone luaphed hard as hell when Click To View Spoiler

I gotta get on the grand order ones one day everyone seems to like them, I was excited to Last Encore because I played a PlayStation game with Nero Saber but it kinda turned me off of the spin offs I bailed pretty quick

View All Quotes

Funny you mention that, I just started the Fate series, tying to watch it in chronological order.

Seems pretty consistent on the orders I've found online

Fate/Zero
Fate/Stay Night
Fate Stay Night: Unlimted Blade Works
Fate/Stay Night: Heavens Feel
Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya
Fate Grand Order (movie)
Fate Apocrypha
Fate/ Extra Last Encore
Fate/Grand Order Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia

Currently in about 5 episodes on Fate/Zero. Seems pretty good, though operating on little supplied background info at the moment. Which I guess is par being that all the series were mismashed a bit
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 5:05:13 PM EDT
[#38]
View All Quotes

My memory of psycho pass say windows would still be in danger.

Click To View Spoiler
True. Been a good while since I watched it
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 9:02:08 PM EDT
[#39]
I finally got around to watching S1 of Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid.  I found it entertaining, but I thought the MC was easily the worst part of the show.  She was so bland, homely, and boring that it resulted in pretty much every scene Tohru fawned all over Kobayashi to cause me to become bewildered as to what caused Tohru to quickly fall madly in love with her and why she remained so.  TBH, I’d rather have the focus of the show be on the boy and the oppai “demon.”

I’ve seen a lot of anime and I can’t recall a non-verbal scene that made me laugh more than this one:

Onto the season with the oppai loli abomination DprvdDgnrt loves.

Link Posted: 4/15/2022 9:09:39 PM EDT
[#40]
cause me to become bewildered as to what caused Tohru to quickly fall madly in love with her and why she remained so.
View Quote

Well, she does save Tohru’s life by removing the sword, plus if you haven’t finished the whole season, there’s a later explanation that ties in to her (Tohru’s) past life.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 9:45:14 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Gunslinger808:

Well, she does save Tohru’s life by removing the sword, plus if you haven’t finished the whole season, there’s a later explanation that ties in to her (Tohru’s) past life.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Gunslinger808:
cause me to become bewildered as to what caused Tohru to quickly fall madly in love with her and why she remained so.

I watched all of S1.  It still didn’t make much sense to me.  I thought there might be a big reveal that would explain it, but when we finally got to see a flashback of the scene when they met it only resulted in it making even LESS sense because Tohru seemed somewhat aloof after Kobayashi saved her life and it was only after she invited her to live with her that she seemed to have a sparkle in her eye.  W/ regard to Tohru’s flashback of her time with the bandit: the bandit said she wanted to be a maid and fall in love with her master.  Sure, that might help it along a little, but I don’t think that explains why a 500+ year old dragon fell madly in love with a bland, homely, boring woman she thought was a man a few hours after they first met. YMMV.

In a one minute scene I think I'm Quitting Heroing did a better job of explaining why the cat girl quickly fell in love with the MC than Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid did in an entire season.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 10:16:42 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Agilt:

Funny you mention that, I just started the Fate series, tying to watch it in chronological order.

Fate/Zero
Fate/Stay Night
Fate Grand Order (movie)
Fate Apocrypha
Fate/ Extra Last Encore

Currently in about 5 episodes on Fate/Zero. Seems pretty good, though operating on little supplied background info at the moment. Which I guess is par being that all the series were mismashed a bit
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Agilt:

Fate/Zero
Fate/Stay Night
Fate Grand Order (movie)
Fate Apocrypha
Fate/ Extra Last Encore

Make sure when you get to Unlimited Blade Works you watch the 2 season anime show and not the movie.  Or watch both if you must but the UBW series is exponentially better then the movie.  You can skip Last Encore and miss absolutely nothing. I found it to be watchable but barely. I definitely understand why a lot of people bailed on it.  

The Prisma Ilya stuff is pretty good and I recommend watching it but there are a few scenes in that show that may make you question if it is legal to watch.  

There are also a few other spinoffs that are good. Fate Stay Night Carnival Phantasm was funny if you can find it. I watched it on YouTube because someone here pointed me to it when I couldn't find it anywhere else.  The Prisma Ilya Carnival Phantasm may be available on one of the streaming sites.

Also Tonight's Menu For The Emiya Family is a pretty fun one. It is all the characters from UBW but they pretty much just hang out, get into funny situations, and have Shirou Emiya cook for them.  They are short episodes so it doesn't require a significant commitment to check them out.

There is one small detail in the post I originally replied to I missed  The original Fate Stay Night (Saber route) and the original Unlimited Blade Works movie (Rin route) were both made by Studio Deen. So there were 2 shows before UFOtable got involved.  Neither of the Studio Deen shows were very good but I'd still check out Saber's route if you have the time just to complete the set.  And technically Fate Stay Night Carnival Phantasm isn't UFOtable either but it is a spoof show and not main storyline so I don't really count that against it.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 10:34:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DprvdDgnrt] [#43]
I finally got around to watching S1 of Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid.  I found it entertaining, but I thought the MC was easily the worst part of the show.  She was so bland, homely, and boring that it resulted in pretty much every scene Tohru fawned all over Kobayashi to cause me to become bewildered as to what caused Tohru to quickly fall madly in love with her and why she remained so.  TBH, I’d rather have the focus of the show be on the boy and the oppai “demon.”

https://pa1.narvii.com/6400/4f7fc2a2bb20167c1724bba2f4638062ad95e91f_hq.gif

I’ve seen a lot of anime and I can’t recall a non-verbal scene that made me laugh more than this one:

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/225/169/ef5.gif

View Quote

I can watch Kana eat bugs and crabs all day lol

As far as Ilulu is concerned… I just don’t know what definition of loli she fits into? Maybe I’ve been using that word wrong lol as far as age/power level she’s closer to Tohru and Elma then she is to Kana
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 10:37:35 PM EDT
[#44]
Psycho-Pass has been on my watch list for a long time, but seeing some of y’all talk about and looking for something more serious after the goofiness of Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid I bumped it to the top.  I’m enjoying it so far, but that opening scene reminded me of the “three weeks earlier” screenplay scene in Rick and Morty.

Morty's screenplay criticism | Rick and Morty | Adult Swim

Link Posted: 4/15/2022 11:17:31 PM EDT
[#45]

As far as Ilulu is concerned… I just don’t know what definition of loli she fits into? Maybe I’ve been using that word wrong lol as far as age/power level she’s closer to Tohru and Elma then she is to Kana
View All Quotes

Wife LOVES Kanna, thinks she’s the cutest thing ever
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 1:12:42 AM EDT
[#46]

Seeing an innocent young girl getting raped and be like "ehh, whatever, not my problem, now I wonder what I should have for lunch" despite the fact they could easily save the girl?

View All Quotes

Well, who doesn't?

Seeing an innocent young girl getting raped and be like "ehh, whatever, not my problem, now I wonder what I should have for lunch" despite the fact they could easily save the girl?

Which is why I stopped watching that one.
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 1:35:53 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By TheOTHERmaninblack:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TheOTHERmaninblack:

Well, who doesn't?

What cracked me up was how some of her leghumpers defended her by saying “not every MC has to be a white knight” as if a character not giving a shit about a innocent young girl getting raped when they can easily save her made the character edgy, grey, or an anti-hero instead of just a piece of shit.
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 12:23:53 PM EDT
[#48]
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Swordsmith Village Arc Trailer

Link Posted: 4/16/2022 12:57:02 PM EDT
[#49]

View All Quotes

All them were funny, but what made the bug one my favorite was it caught me totally by surprise.  She read her homework was to collect bugs, she got her cute little bug catcher net, slowly snuck up on the bug, raised her net… and then ate it.  I laughed for at least 15 straight seconds.
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 2:12:16 PM EDT
[#50]
Spy family is very good.
Page / 765
Who watches Anime? (Page 534 of 765)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top