Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Who watches Anime? (Page 578 of 763)
Page / 763
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 2:44:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hunter-Killer] [#1]
It only took 130 episodes, but One Piece finally has a female major character that I do NOT think is annoying.

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 2:52:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Hunter-Killer:
It only took 130 episodes, but One Piece finally has a female major character that I do NOT think is annoying.

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote
You know, I don't remember the art style being that dated, but I never really watched it and didn't realize there was like a five or six year gap between it's creation and it's airing in America.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 3:20:16 PM EDT
[#3]

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

Those flashbacks are One Piece's version of filler.

I was torn on Robin for a while but 150 eps later I'm a fan.

My thoughts are in spoiler tag

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 3:34:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Star_Scream:

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Click To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler

I meant the two minute flashback of why she joined that was shown in the episode she joined.

Click To View Spoiler

To be fair though, when the only other female major characters are a greedy, selfish, annoying cunt and a idiotically idealistic annoying cunt the bar for her wasn't set all that high.

It also doesn't hurt that her dub voice is sultry AF.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 3:42:03 PM EDT
[#5]
While we're on the subject of One Piece: I don't think I've ever seen a major anime that had more spoilery episode titles.

They got so bad that a while back I started skipping them and then after the episode was over I'd go back and see what the title was and marvel at how much that would have lessened my enjoyment of the episode.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 7:38:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Drama around Mori Calliope is hilarious and makes me want to buy more stickers.

Twitter is NOT happy with Mori Calliope...
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 10:41:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Lately I’ve been having a hard time falling asleep.

Luckily, DanMachi season 4 has arrived.

So far, it has worked like a charm…

Link Posted: 7/29/2022 11:10:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By brasscrossedrifles:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTFKfpFvfI4
View Quote

I particularly like the song Holy that she just released a little bit ago and the song she did with Amalee called Villain Vibes.  I don't pay attention to the twitter drama because I don't have a twitter account or care to ever get one but all their crying about her ensures that I will support her even more.  I also bought her alternate account's album twice so I could get a copy of it and a Tshirt for my niece who also likes her.
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 1:52:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Gunslinger808] [#9]
Girls Frontline 2 Elixium trailer.
Over the top, new animation style a la RWBY, Oh hell yeah!

Girls' Frontline 2: Exilium - New CG Trailer [2022]
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 1:58:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Gunslinger808:
Girls Frontline 2 Elixium trailer.
Over the top, new animation style a la RWBY, Oh hell yeah!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8KIxrXRsHs
View Quote

Is RWBY any good?

I just saw an RWBY board game at my local game shop today.
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 2:02:45 AM EDT
[#11]
I really liked it, it bogged in places but a great over all plot.
The battle sequences were awesome, and a lot of them, the characters were well developed and relatable.
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 2:13:42 AM EDT
[#12]
It's from Rooster Teeth, so I figured it should be decent.
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 2:43:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Gunslinger808] [#13]
It was created by Monty Oum who had done some interesting work before.
The first six seasons are on Amazon Prime in 2 hour or so segments, the last few seasons I had to watch as 30 minute episodes on an alternate site.
Heck, try it out, at the worse you can turn it off, but I think you’ll like it.
It’s pretty clean so suitable for most ages, some light comedy, but there is some gore.

There is also new parts out that just started in June, called RWBY Hyousetsu Teikoku that continues the story.
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 2:52:24 AM EDT
[#14]
It was created by Monty Oum who had done some interesting work before.
The first six seasons are on Amazon Prime in 2 hour or so segments, the last few seasons I had to watch as 30 minute episodes on an alternate site.
Heck, try it out, at the worse you can turn it off, but I think you’ll like it.
It’s pretty clean so suitable for most ages, some light comedy, but there is some gore.
View Quote

Considering I was ready to start a new show and it happened to cross my radar twice today, I think it's meant to be.

Link Posted: 7/30/2022 2:58:39 AM EDT
[#15]
Destiny calls!
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 4:00:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ConcernedCitizen] [#16]
I just watched the first Prologue for Red, and I must say that it is a very unique animation style.

The shotgun scythe was pretty cool, too!

*Edit*

The animation really reminds me of the video game XIII (Thirteen) for PS2.
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 4:41:43 AM EDT
[#17]
Today marks the 10 year anniversary of the Overlord LN.

Link Posted: 7/30/2022 5:50:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: targetworks] [#18]
This is probably a really dumb question but I’ll ask it anyway.

I was surprised to discover that I somehow never finished season 3 of Overlord.

It was probably due to Crunchyroll screwing up my watchlist, maybe combined with having my watchlist grow too large - for example, maybe I paused in the middle of an episode or started rewatching it so Crunchyroll stopped informing me when new episodes were released. The upshot is that there are probably three or four episodes that I missed.

IIRC season 3 started with lizard men (and perhaps with a queen of the lizard men, with some romantic story arc built around it). Or maybe I’m misremembering things and confusing it with Gab-what’s-his-name of Reincarnated-Slime fame. Whatever… I don’t remember where it went from there. But I’m pretty sure that my reaction to the whole lizard thing and especially to the queen was “WTF is this shit and why are they polluting the show with this crap?”.

So, my dilemma and need for advice: Do I continue watching from the point where I dropped it, even though I don’t remember what it was all about, and then move onto season 4, or go back to the beginning of season 3 and rewatch to the end before starting season 4, or skip the unwatched season 3 eps and just start season 4, or should I just punt and pick up something else instead?

Will season 4 stand by itself or will I be totally confused if I’m not up to speed on all of season 3?

Link Posted: 7/30/2022 5:57:35 AM EDT
[#19]
Right now there’s a lot going on that’s dependent on you knowing how season 3 ended.
So far it’s been more political intrigue than any real action, so yeah you need to finish 3.
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 6:53:47 AM EDT
[#20]
Right now there’s a lot going on that’s dependent on you knowing how season 3 ended.
So far it’s been more political intrigue than any real action, so yeah you need to finish 3.
View Quote

OK, that’s good to know, I’ll pick up season 3 where I dropped it…

Link Posted: 7/30/2022 12:22:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By targetworks:
This is probably a really dumb question but I'll ask it anyway.

It was probably due to Crunchyroll screwing up my watchlist, maybe combined with having my watchlist grow too large - for example, maybe I paused in the middle of an episode or started rewatching it so Crunchyroll stopped informing me when new episodes were released. The upshot is that there are probably three or four episodes that I missed.

IIRC season 3 started with lizard men (and perhaps with a queen of the lizard men, with some romantic story arc built around it). Or maybe I'm misremembering things and confusing it with Gab-what's-his-name of Reincarnated-Slime fame. Whatever  I don't remember where it went from there. But I'm pretty sure that my reaction to the whole lizard thing and especially to the queen was "WTF is this shit and why are they polluting the show with this crap?".

So, my dilemma and need for advice: Do I continue watching from the point where I dropped it, even though I don't remember what it was all about, and then move onto season 4, or go back to the beginning of season 3 and rewatch to the end before starting season 4, or skip the unwatched season 3 eps and just start season 4, or should I just punt and pick up something else instead?

Will season 4 stand by itself or will I be totally confused if I'm not up to speed on all of season 3?

View Quote
You probably don't want to rewatch the lizard people, that arc is so annoying.  TLDR version, Ains people attack the lizards, lizards fight of first wave, Coycutus subjugates the lizards.

Season 3 has some good bits after that stupid lizard people arc.
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 12:31:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: odiedodi] [#22]
Originally Posted By brasscrossedrifles:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTFKfpFvfI4
View Quote
The new EP was worth it just for the prints alone (I need to frame these)
Click To View SpoilerHer concert was also KINO and the new song with watame that hasn't been released yet outside of the concert it one of the catchiest songs to come out of holo so far. Honestly there really isn't a reason for her to care about twitter people anymore given how successful she is.
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 2:01:13 PM EDT
[#23]

IIRC season 3 started with lizard men (and perhaps with a queen of the lizard men, with some romantic story arc built around it). Or maybe I’m misremembering things and confusing it with Gab-what’s-his-name of Reincarnated-Slime fame. Whatever… I don’t remember where it went from there. But I’m pretty sure that my reaction to the whole lizard thing and especially to the queen was “WTF is this shit and why are they polluting the show with this crap?”.

So, my dilemma and need for advice: Do I continue watching from the point where I dropped it, even though I don’t remember what it was all about, and then move onto season 4, or go back to the beginning of season 3 and rewatch to the end before starting season 4, or skip the unwatched season 3 eps and just start season 4, or should I just punt and pick up something else instead?

Will season 4 stand by itself or will I be totally confused if I’m not up to speed on all of season 3?

View Quote

Yes, you definitely need to rewatch S3 before S4.  Especially considering the lizardman storyline wasn't even in S3.
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 5:36:10 PM EDT
[#24]

Yes, you definitely need to rewatch S3 before S4.  Especially considering the lizardman storyline wasn't even in S3.
View All Quotes

I’m not a big fan of lizardmen in general - does that make me a bad person? I seem to have misremembered where exactly they did their thing in Overlord.

I will say that there is an invisible lizard spirit of some sort in Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer - and I really do enjoy seeing him getting repeatedly disrespected and beaten up by the MC, even though he’s done nothing to deserve it - yeah, I think that I enjoy the three-stooges-like slapstick violence directed at that lizard guy entirely too much. Maybe I am a bad person after all… But I’m mainly rooting for the eerie-looking sky hammer in that series…

Link Posted: 7/30/2022 6:13:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hunter-Killer] [#25]

I’m not a big fan of lizardmen in general - does that make me a bad person? I seem to have misremembered where exactly they did their thing in Overlord.

I will say that there is an invisible lizard spirit of some sort in Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer - and I really do enjoy seeing him getting repeatedly disrespected and beaten up by the MC, even though he’s done nothing to deserve it - yeah, I think that I enjoy the three-stooges-like slapstick violence directed at that lizard guy entirely too much. Maybe I am a bad person after all… But I’m mainly rooting for the eerie-looking sky hammer in that series…
View All Quotes

Na, the Lizardman mini-arc was pretty lame and, for the most part, a huge waste of time, IMO.  For the LN it makes sense, but for anime when you only have a 12 episode season you can't spend 3-4 episodes almost entirely on a group that, after those episodes, are pretty much totally irrelevant.  People can skip every scene that has nothing except lizardmen in it and they won't miss anything of note.

Thanks for mentioning the "lizardman queen" though.  It reminded me of this.

I Am The Lizard Queen! (The Simpsons)

Link Posted: 7/30/2022 7:06:30 PM EDT
[#26]
One Piece question:

Is there a definitive answer on a USD to berry currency conversion?  

Answers I've seen are all over the place.  Depending on where you look 1 USD is equal to 43 berries, 93 berries, 300 berries, or even 1000 berries.
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 9:53:28 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By mort:
You probably don't want to rewatch the lizard people, that arc is so annoying.  TLDR version, Ains people attack the lizards, lizards fight of first wave, Coycutus subjugates the lizards.

View All Quotes

IIRC season 3 started with lizard men (and perhaps with a queen of the lizard men, with some romantic story arc built around it). Or maybe I'm misremembering things and confusing it with Gab-what's-his-name of Reincarnated-Slime fame. Whatever  I don't remember where it went from there. But I'm pretty sure that my reaction to the whole lizard thing and especially to the queen was "WTF is this shit and why are they polluting the show with this crap?".

So, my dilemma and need for advice: Do I continue watching from the point where I dropped it, even though I don't remember what it was all about, and then move onto season 4, or go back to the beginning of season 3 and rewatch to the end before starting season 4, or skip the unwatched season 3 eps and just start season 4, or should I just punt and pick up something else instead?

Will season 4 stand by itself or will I be totally confused if I'm not up to speed on all of season 3?

The scene of the albino lizard getting railed on magic spy camera was a nice addition.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 9:11:22 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By dog-meat:

The scene of the albino lizard getting railed on magic spy camera was a nice addition.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By dog-meat:

Link Posted: 7/31/2022 2:31:40 PM EDT
[#29]
I love finding shit like this

Attachment Attached File

Goblin Slayer for those that don't get it
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 4:00:50 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Liaztraht:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/504436/FB_IMG_1659292087685_jpg-2471816.JPG

View Quote

That’s pretty good
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 4:05:14 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Agilt:

That's pretty good
View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/504436/FB_IMG_1659292087685_jpg-2471816.JPG

That's pretty good
I don't care for these super hero movies, but I would watch that crossover. It would be the shortest Spiderman movie ever.

Link Posted: 7/31/2022 4:48:02 PM EDT
[#32]

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 4:58:25 PM EDT
[#33]
View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/258158/003058E0-C777-43CF-98B8-0C1E6EE80C53_jpe-2472005.JPG
Oh, how polite.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 4:59:28 PM EDT
[#34]
Oh, how polite.
View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/258158/003058E0-C777-43CF-98B8-0C1E6EE80C53_jpe-2472005.JPG
Oh, how polite.

Link Posted: 7/31/2022 5:07:28 PM EDT
[#35]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By beitodesstrafe:

Oh, how polite.

https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/facebook/000/006/320/tumblr_lsw4icURtP1qjse3oo1_500.jpg

Link Posted: 8/2/2022 12:02:57 AM EDT
[#36]
Anyone watching black summoner?

Finally had time to start watching some more anime and picked it up last night.

It's another interesting isekai.
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 2:22:05 AM EDT
[#37]

View Quote
I watched ep 1. Okay so far, but I'm still in the air.
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 2:24:50 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By TheOTHERmaninblack:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TheOTHERmaninblack:

I watched the 4 episodes of the sub. Another op MC, but not full harem at this point.

We'll see where it goes I guess
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 4:34:14 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 4:37:55 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 10:15:29 AM EDT
[#41]
I finished Kaguya-Sama and I was sad. Then I immediately started watching Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai and I felt great. Now I finished it and I’m even sadder.

I miss the waifus. Both amazing shows bTw. I think I’m gonna try something less emotional next.
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 10:18:03 AM EDT
[#42]

How is that show?
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 10:32:50 AM EDT
[#43]

How is that show?
View All Quotes

How is that show?

IMO, story is a bit slow and angsty currently. Art is really nice to look at though.
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 10:38:57 AM EDT
[#44]

How is that show?
View All Quotes

How is that show?

Besides Overlord it’s the anime I, so far, look forward to most this season.
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 10:55:44 AM EDT
[#45]

View Quote

After watching the last 5 episodes of overlord as they are released, I've come to the conclusion it's best to simply wait until an overlord season is released in its entirety before watching. Episodes are just way too short individually.
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 1:59:23 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By BisonWorld:

After watching the last 5 episodes of overlord as they are released, I've come to the conclusion it's best to simply wait until an overlord season is released in its entirety before watching. Episodes are just way too short individually.
View All Quotes

The mark of a great show.
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 2:05:29 PM EDT
[#47]

IMO, story is a bit slow and angsty currently. Art is really nice to look at though.
View All Quotes

How is that show?

Seriously?  I'm enjoying it despite the art style and animation.  
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 2:07:02 PM EDT
[#48]
View All Quotes

Do you think that was really her first kiss?  I thought she was bullshitting at first, but as the episode progressed I became less confident.
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 2:07:16 PM EDT
[#49]

View All Quotes

I guess that would make Atasha Kawajiri Kodama Da yo: Dangerous Lifehacker no Tadareta Seikatsu the greatest show in existence.
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 2:09:48 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By ConcernedCitizen:

I guess that would make Atasha Kawajiri Kodama Da yo: Dangerous Lifehacker no Tadareta Seikatsu the greatest show in existence.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ConcernedCitizen:

FEELS like it's over too quickly.  Not literally over too quickly because the episodes are 2 minutes long.
Page / 763
Who watches Anime? (Page 578 of 763)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top