Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Who watches Anime? (Page 579 of 763)
Page / 763
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 2:13:03 PM EDT
[#1]
It took 5 episodes, but Best Girl finally made her S4 debut in Overlord.  
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 2:23:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ConcernedCitizen] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Hunter-Killer:

FEELS like it's over too quickly.  Not literally over too quickly because the episodes are 2 minutes long.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ConcernedCitizen:
Originally Posted By BisonWorld:

Besides Overlord it’s the anime I, so far, look forward to most this season.

After watching the last 5 episodes of overlord as they are released, I've come to the conclusion it's best to simply wait until an overlord season is released in its entirety before watching. Episodes are just way too short individually.

The mark of a great show.

I guess that would make Atasha Kawajiri Kodama Da yo: Dangerous Lifehacker no Tadareta Seikatsu the greatest show in existence.

FEELS like it's over too quickly.  Not literally over too quickly because the episodes are 2 minutes long.

I personally find it amusing that the intro is longer than the actual episode.

The sound effects are top notch, too!
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 2:30:06 PM EDT
[#3]

View Quote

This is the biggest complaint I have with anime. I can understand longer OP or ED at significant points in the season but otherwise, Jesus, just get to the show!
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 2:31:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Agilt:

This is the biggest complaint I have with anime. I can understand longer OP or ED at significant points in the season but otherwise, Jesus, just get to the show!
View All Quotes

I don't know man.

Some of those songs are bussin.
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 2:35:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By beitodesstrafe:

I don't know man.

View All Quotes

I don't know man.

Yeah, some are good but the long openings or closings seem to become filler at certain points. Some shows are obviously worse about it than others.  

Also, I should say biggest “specific” complaint. I can come up with plenty more nits to pick if needed
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 2:36:04 PM EDT
[#6]

I don't know man.

View All Quotes

I don't know man.

Speaking of which, Overlord probably has the best OP songs of any anime with 4+ different OPs.

Overlord Season 4 Opening Full?HOLLOW HUNGER?by OxT

Link Posted: 8/2/2022 2:36:23 PM EDT
[#7]

Yeah, some are good but the long openings or closings seem to become filler at certain points. Some shows are obviously worse about it than others.  

Also, I should say biggest “specific” complaint. I can come up with plenty more nits to pick if needed
View All Quotes

I don't know man.

Link Posted: 8/2/2022 2:37:51 PM EDT
[#8]

View Quote

My biggest complaint is the inconsistency. I hate how sometimes there's a 10 second preview after the end credits, sometimes there's another 2 minutes of the show, or sometimes there's nothing at all.

I'm impatient, and like being able to just skip to the next episode once the credits start.
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 2:39:33 PM EDT
[#9]

Do you think that was really her first kiss?  I thought she was bullshitting at first, but as the episode progressed I became less confident.
View All Quotes

Do you think that was really her first kiss?  I thought she was bullshitting at first, but as the episode progressed I became less confident.
I'm leaning towards first, though I did read through the manga
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 2:43:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BisonWorld] [#10]

The mark of a great show.
View Quote

Eh, I think I just prefer 40-60 minute long episode structures more so than 20-30 minute when it comes to watching content as its released. The sub 30 minute structure seems better suited to just binge watching after a season has been released in its entirety. Especially on a show that requires exposition for world building with a large cast of characters. You just end up a repeating cycle of "set up week" followed by "story progression/action week" by breaking it into smaller parts and the set up week episodes are kind of a drag.

ETA. I do think smaller "scale/cast" shows can get away with shorter episode formats. Overlord however gives me similar vibes to legend of the galactic heroes, not nearly as enjoyable when watched only as a single episode at a time with a week between releases.
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 2:50:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Agilt] [#11]

My biggest complaint is the inconsistency. I hate how sometimes there's a 10 second preview after the end credits, sometimes there's another 2 minutes of the show, or sometimes there's nothing at all.

I'm impatient, and like being able to just skip to the next episode once the credits start.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/2/2022 3:21:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Classroom of the elite has a satisfying quantity of interesting camera angles.
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 3:45:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By dog-meat:
Classroom of the elite has a satisfying quantity of interesting camera angles.
View Quote

So. Many. Memes.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/2/2022 6:59:57 PM EDT
[#14]
The blonde dragonrider girl in Vermeil in Gold seems to have undergone some character design changes.  Ever since she showed up she kinda looked (and acted like) a Tanya Degurechaff ripoff.  Now in today's episode they have her looking like Darkness' younger sister.
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 7:01:24 PM EDT
[#15]
The blonde dragonrider girl in Vermeil in Gold seems to have undergone some character design changes.  Ever since she showed up she kinda looked (and acted like) a Tanya Degurechaff ripoff.  Now in today's episode they have her looking like Darkness' younger sister.
View Quote

Sounds like an upgrade to me!
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 7:10:32 PM EDT
[#16]

View All Quotes

Link Posted: 8/2/2022 7:11:54 PM EDT
[#17]
View All Quotes

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/e3/d1/3d/e3d13d2caec923523ae8f6bf8c7ebbd9.gif

I was about to post a "reported" gif.

But that works, lolol.
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 7:26:05 PM EDT
[#18]

View Quote
Watch the progress bar. if it's only 3/4 across, there's probably more to the episode after the credits.
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 7:56:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By TheOTHERmaninblack:
Watch the progress bar. if it's only 3/4 across, there's probably more to the episode after the credits.
View All Quotes

I'm impatient, and like being able to just skip to the next episode once that e credits start.

I've gotten good at looking at the time remaining, and knowing whether it's okay to skip ahead or not. It seems like episodes that are close to the season finale always have something extra either during or after the credits, but most shows will only have a brief preview, sometimes as short as just saying the name of the next episode.

It just takes a few episodes to get the feel for the series. For instance, I'm currently watching RWBY, and know that 30-35 seconds means that it's the credits only, with nothing after. If there's 2:30 left, I better stick around and see what's up.

Personally, I like the ones where they overlay the credits as the show is still going, so I don't lose any time at all. Yes, I am that impatient...
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 9:59:08 PM EDT
[#20]
I wish someone at crunchyroll would take a lesson from Amazon prime videos and PUT A GOD DAMNED SKIP INTRO BUTTON IN THE VIDEOS!  If Amazon managed to figure it out despite their corporate infighting and sabotage it can't be hard to implement.
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 11:41:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By mort:
I wish someone at crunchyroll would take a lesson from Amazon prime videos and PUT A GOD DAMNED SKIP INTRO BUTTON IN THE VIDEOS!  If Amazon managed to figure it out despite their corporate infighting and sabotage it can't be hard to implement.
View Quote
Generally, by ep 3 or so, I've figured out when the into ends and just click to that time stamp.
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 2:22:04 AM EDT
[#22]
[     ]
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 2:25:10 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Darkstar117:
[     ]
View Quote

( . )( . )
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 2:43:15 AM EDT
[#24]
View All Quotes

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/e3/d1/3d/e3d13d2caec923523ae8f6bf8c7ebbd9.gif

Game, Set, Match!

Konosuba S2 OVA Giant humanoid robot vs Darkness

Link Posted: 8/3/2022 11:49:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Anybody watch The Disastrous Life of Saiki K?  The premise seems like it could make for a watchable anime, but I hate the "each 22 minute episode is really 5-7 super short episodes" format.  Does it ever change or is the same throughout the series?
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 11:50:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Liaztraht] [#26]
Anybody watch The Disastrous Life of Saiki K?  The premise seems like it could make for a watchable anime, but I hate the "each 22 minute episode is really 5-7 super short episodes" format.  Does it ever change or is the same throughout the series?
View Quote
I don't remembering if it changes or not, but I never finished it.

It got too boring for me.
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 12:22:53 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Liaztraht:

View All Quotes

I'm about 4 episodes in and I think I'm going to drop it.  The 2-5 minute long mini-episodes are bad enough, but to make it worse the events of each one are usually wiped clean at the end of the episode.  For example: the one about the hot blue haired girl having a crush on him because he was the only guy that didn't give a shit about her.  I was kinda curious to see where it went, but then they just dropped it and it's like it never happened.  A following episode she sees him and its like it never happened.
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 12:48:52 AM EDT
[#28]

I'm about 4 episodes in and I think I'm going to drop it.  The 2-5 minute long mini-episodes are bad enough, but to make it worse the events of each one are usually wiped clean at the end of the episode.  For example: the one about the hot blue haired girl having a crush on him because he was the only guy that didn't give a shit about her.  I was kinda curious to see where it went, but then they just dropped it and it's like it never happened.  A following episode she sees him and its like it never happened.
View All Quotes

That's pretty much why I dropped it. No real continuity between episodes, no real story. Much like American cartoons.
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 12:58:47 AM EDT
[#29]
In Another World With My Smartphone certainly does have a generic plot, but with an OP MC that was less of a doormat it could have gotten more interesting.  Especially when he found out....

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 1:46:55 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 2:03:33 AM EDT
[#31]
In Another World With My Smartphone certainly does have a generic plot, but with an OP MC that was less of a doormat it could have gotten more interesting.  Especially when he found out....

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote
Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 2:37:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Hunter-Killer] [#32]
Click To View Spoiler
View All Quotes

Click To View Spoiler
Click To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 12:14:41 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 1:51:36 PM EDT
[#34]

Konosuba x ???

I can't tell if I hate this or not. Probably, since the blue thing is front and center while best girl is further back than Rosa.
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 4:59:35 PM EDT
[#35]
At least she has her hoo ha covered up.
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 5:17:48 PM EDT
[#36]
I am going to miss Isekai Ojisan

Hopefully the delays for covid don't take too long.

Link Posted: 8/4/2022 11:09:45 PM EDT
[#37]
Just like I've said the past 3 Thursdays: The Call of the Night episode was great and the The Devil is a Part-Timer episode was trash.

Nazuna's prices are pretty reasonable I thought.

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 11:17:14 PM EDT
[#38]
Spy x Family is a great example of how to properly write a 5 year old or younger super-powered daughter anime character you want the audience to love.

The Devil is a Part-Timer S2 is a great example of how to shit the bed attempting to write a 5 year old or younger super-powered daughter anime character you want the audience to love.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 12:11:10 AM EDT
[#39]
Normally your reviews tend to be on the harsh side, but as far as Devil goes you’re right.
It’s barely interesting this season, I’ll power through it but I’ve not been impressed.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 12:58:26 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Gunslinger808:
At least she has her hoo ha covered up.
View Quote

I still don't know what its a crossover with.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 1:22:58 AM EDT
[#41]
Normally your reviews tend to be on the harsh side, but as far as Devil goes you’re right.
It’s barely interesting this season, I’ll power through it but I’ve not been impressed.
View Quote

In addition to being boring AF S2 of The Devil is a Part-Timer is simply not funny at all.  Pick ANY random episode from S1.  I literally laughed more rewatching that one episode for the third time than I have in the first 4 episodes of S2 COMBINED.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm giving it one more episode to turn it around or I'm out.  The only reason I made it this far is because I loved S1.  If this was a new show I wouldn't have made it past E2.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 2:52:59 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By brasscrossedrifles:

View Quote

One of the iteration of the Power Rangers, Disney era…

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/5/2022 3:51:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: brasscrossedrifles] [#43]

One of the iteration of the Power Rangers, Disney era…

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/19372/2E465AFE-6C46-4684-BE95-664862E5921E_jpe-2477443.JPG
View Quote

I officially hate it.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 4:49:10 PM EDT
[#44]
Well, it is Disney.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 7:11:09 PM EDT
[#45]

View Quote

Crimson Vow.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 7:23:06 PM EDT
[#46]
View Quote

I don't know what that is, but I wouldn't have hated it. Since its Disney Power Rangers I hate it.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 8:18:05 PM EDT
[#47]
Maybe you’ll like this one better…

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 8:21:11 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By targetworks:
Lately I’ve been having a hard time falling asleep.

Luckily, DanMachi season 4 has arrived.

So far, it has worked like a charm…

View Quote

FYABOLTO
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 8:25:05 PM EDT
[#49]

Is RWBY any good?

I just saw an RWBY board game at my local game shop today.
View Quote

Soundtrack is actually pretty kick ass. Kind of like Paramour. Not a ringing endorsement but for a cartoon it has some real hooks

This Will Be the Day (feat. Casey Lee Williams)

I May Fall by Jeff and Casey Lee Williams with Lyrics
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 9:18:10 PM EDT
[#50]

I don't know what that is, but I wouldn't have hated it. Since its Disney Power Rangers I hate it.
View All Quotes

Didn't I Say to Make My Abilities Average in the Next Life?!/Watashi, Nōryoku wa Heikinchi de tte Itta yo ne!

The group that the reincarnated transferor forms with her isekai adventurer friends, is called Crimson Vow.  It being a world without TV, cable, internet, etc, she infected her friends with a bit of chuunibyou by telling them old fables which were actually works of fiction she remembered from her previous life.
Page / 763
Who watches Anime? (Page 579 of 763)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top