BCM
User Panel

Who watches Anime? (Page 729 of 763)
Page / 763
Link Posted: 12/24/2023 3:03:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: targetworks] [#1]
Another pic of the KUSO T-shirt from Shangri-La Frontier:

Attachment Attached File

It's not quite as memorable as Uzaki-chan's SUGOI DEKAI shirt - but I'm wondering whether making a memorable fashion statement (and related merch) was perhaps the intent of having him wear it in the show.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/24/2023 6:21:27 PM EDT
[#2]
I would watch this crossover

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/24/2023 8:38:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By targetworks:
FWIW, I noticed that when Hizutome-kun, the protag of Shangri-La Frontier (IRL within the show - his in-game character is Sunraku) wears a T-shirt in bed while sleeping or while playing VR games - and that T-shirt says KUSO on the front, on the back, and on both arms (at least). OK, so it's spelled with a dot in the middle, between the KU and the SO - but still, anyone looking at it would read it as KUSO.

'Kuso' in Japanese means 'shit'. The word can be used creatively as an interjection or as an adjective, to convey related feelings (such as damn!).

But I'm wondering why he's walking around IRL wearing a T-shirt that says "shit" on it in bold letters.

Yeah, a continuing theme throughout the show so far is that he is a master of so-called Kusoge (or 'shit games' or 'trash games'), those being the lower tier or cheap, poorly-made games, unlike the 'god-tier' games such as Shangri-La Frontier.

But, WTH is he doing wearing a 'shit' T-shirt? (he wondered)

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/246796/kuso-shirt_png-3069588.JPG

View Quote
Because it's a mark of pride that he's a shit gamer. Apparently, there's a whole in universe shit tier gaming sub-culture.
Link Posted: 12/24/2023 8:47:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Liaztraht:
I would watch this crossover

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/504436/FB_IMG_1703456074697_jpg-3069840.JPG
View Quote

Also yes
Link Posted: 12/24/2023 10:19:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Haman-sama knows how I feel when I put my FRs back on for the first time after a Cola Warrior event.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/24/2023 10:47:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SC4eyes] [#6]
Originally Posted By joe_sun:
Gotta say I'm totally lost with WTF is going on with Jujutsu Kaisen but still enjoying the fight scenes at least

Also for me it's a tossup between sugui oppai Cow girl and totemo kawaii nagai mimi elf chan. At first I was leaning more towards the cow girl but as of late it's been leaning more towards the elf.
View Quote

I agree, but get both.

As to the best girl in One Piece, don't forget Princess Vivi. And while I have never seen the attraction for beast-girls before, the way Carrot looks when in full-moon mode works for me.
Link Posted: 12/25/2023 12:49:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/25/2023 9:19:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: brasscrossedrifles] [#8]
Originally Posted By RustedAce:
0080 is a Christmas show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-DScm8RZhc
View Quote

I've got it going on the TV in my lab.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/25/2023 9:41:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Lessons from Goblin Slayer:

1. Goblins are not dead until they're dead. Kill them twice to be certain.

2. Don't bring an empty hand to an elevator fight.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/25/2023 12:31:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Zom 100: Bucket List of the Dead is finally back.

Merry Christmas.
Link Posted: 12/25/2023 10:35:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Hunter-Killer:
Zom 100: Bucket List of the Dead is finally back.

Merry Christmas.
View Quote

Nice. A 3-episode drop that ties up an arc.
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 1:18:56 PM EDT
[#12]
A belated Merry Christmas to all you Weebs!!!   Here's to a happy new year and all the awesome upcoming anime!!!
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 6:34:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: targetworks] [#13]
I haven't watched it yet, nor have I searched the web for info - but Crunchyroll just dropped a new Jashin-chan OVA (sub).

About to start watching it now...

Attachment Attached File

ETA: Dumb plot so far, writing kinda sucks, not really funny, artwork could be better, but at least it's good to see the cameo appearances by the regulars.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/26/2023 6:37:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By brasscrossedrifles:
Haman-sama knows how I feel when I put my FRs back on for the first time after a Cola Warrior event.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/116701/flabby_haman_jpg-3070083.JPG
View Quote

Coincidentally, this is also how I feel on December 26th.
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 11:39:03 PM EDT
[#15]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/116701/flabby_haman_jpg-3070083.JPG

Earth is bullshit, we should leave.
Link Posted: 12/28/2023 6:55:53 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/28/2023 9:27:43 AM EDT
[#17]

Send that to Elon.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 8:02:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Undead Girl Murder Farce was much better than I thought it’d be.  If I had the time, I probably would have binged watched it in under 24 hours.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 9:27:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: brasscrossedrifles] [#19]
Originally Posted By Agilt:

Earth is bullshit, we should leave.
View Quote

I'm ready to establish the Principality of Elon.

Link Posted: 12/29/2023 9:46:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Hunter-Killer:
Undead Girl Murder Farce was much better than I thought it’d be.  If I had the time, I probably would have binged watched it in under 24 hours.
View Quote

I'll check it out, just got caught up on Frieren and started Yakitori today. I just haven't had the free time I used to.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 9:56:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Commander_Keen:

Send that to Elon.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Commander_Keen:

Send that to Elon.

Don't forget to email your Congress critters too.

Link Posted: 12/30/2023 8:59:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: arilulu14] [#22]
I know I'm late to the party but man I really like Frieren

It's been a while since I picked up a new series but the first episode was really promising

I'm about half way through what's available and I just ordered some volumes of it

Speaking of manga santa helped me finish collecting the Deluxe Berserk volumes this year
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 3:13:27 AM EDT
[#23]
Need mecha genre anime recommendations, I was going to watch Witch Of mercury until I learned the MC was a carpet muncher.

I have seen and enjoyed: Knights & Magic, Full Metal Panic, Neon Genesis Evangelion, and Trapped In A Dating Sim.

Haven't seen anything mecha that I haven't enjoyed.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 4:05:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Gunslinger808] [#24]
“86” is a good mecha anime series.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 5:04:42 AM EDT
[#25]
Rideback has something of an unusual style of mechs (motorcycles that transform into bipedal units with wheels for feet and the rider sort of sitting high on the back, with a skilled rider being capable of making them dance), but the storyline is one of those plots where you get halfway through the season and suddenly discover that it is a completely different kind of story than you thought you had been watching.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 7:50:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: brasscrossedrifles] [#26]
Originally Posted By runningunz87:
Need mecha genre anime recommendations, I was going to watch Witch Of mercury until I learned the MC was a carpet muncher.

I have seen and enjoyed: Knights & Magic, Full Metal Panic, Neon Genesis Evangelion, and Trapped In A Dating Sim.

View Quote

Literally any Gundam show besides Yurishitter from Mercury. WfM does have a couple of my favorite scenes and character arcs, so it makes it somewhere on my recommendation list. The ending is fucking stupid so it's not very high.

I'm a huge fan of the UC Gundam series (the original timeline). It has my favorite character of any fictional media, ever and almost all of it is awesome. It's got a couple of rough patches but the payoff is worth watching it all, even the first 22 episodes of ZZ (watch once and just forget everything except the key events).

Alternate Universe Gundams (basically full reboots with nothing to do with the original series) are hit or miss. 00 zero is mid. WfM had lots of high notes but the ending had me throwing sodas at the TV and screaming gamer words. Iron Blooded Orphans is good. SEED is next on my watch list, I'll probably watch it over the next few weeks. None of those have anything to do with each other, and there's also half a dozen others that also don't have anything to do with them, each other, or the original series, that I have not watched.

86 goes hard. Don't read anything about it, just watch it.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 7:20:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: runningunz87] [#27]
Thanks, I have updated my watchlist. Going to try to get Iron Blooded Orphans and 86 watched pretty quickly.

ETA: Gundam and Rideback are going on my long list.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 9:43:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: brasscrossedrifles] [#28]
I had a funny thought today while eating some homemade jambalaya.

Watching Witch from Mercury is kinda like watching someone make gumbo. Okay, hear me out!

The prologue. That was kinda like when the chicken and andouille is getting browned. Ain't no doubt about it, you can't help but assume we are cooking something good.

Then comes the roux. The first 10 episodes were kinda like making the roux. If you haven't ever made a roux, or even if you have but not for gumbo, you might have some understandable questions. Questions like "why is this taking so long? It's been another 10 minutes, seriously, why is this taking so long? Are you sure that's not burned? WHAT ARE YOU DOING YOUVE BEEN STIRRING THAT ROUX LONGER THAN MOST PEOPLE TAKE TO DO A COLA WARRIOR RUN"

But I know whats up, so Im like...Bro, relax. I know this is taking a while. I know this looks like actual shit. Please trust the process. The cooking is going to plan.

And then the trinity comes. Between the three gundams at the plant, which one was the onions, the bell pepper, and the celery? Don't know. But we also got the garlic, salt, and all the other spices.

Oh, of course we make it the right way, so we had to have the tomatoes.
Attachment Attached File

After the tomatoes have a chance to simmer a little bit, we add stock. Now it's got to cook for a while. Some things will happen. They happen slow. You might not realize anything is happening at all. You can just forget about it for a couple hours. When you come back, it's time to add some okra, the real fan favorite of the shows up with little more than 30 minutes remaining.

Finally, at the very end, you got shrimp. Fresh caught from Bayou La Batre Alabama is the best, but any shrimp will do. Except something is wrong. There is no shrimp in this kitchen. The chef is dropping lumps of tofu in the pot.

It's a bait an switch. It was all a setup. The chicken and andouille were some kind of "Beyond" plant based meat substitute this whole time, and the roux was made with soybean oil. It turns out, this whole thing was a scheme to market creole food to tourists from the rainbow and toothpaste countries.

The worst atrocity since Colony 30.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 9:54:18 PM EDT
[#29]
I had a funny thought today while eating some homemade jambalaya.

Watching Witch from Mercury is kinda like watching someone make gumbo. Okay, hear me out!

The prologue. That was kinda like when the chicken and andouille is getting browned. Ain't no doubt about it, you can't help but assume we are cooking something good.

Then comes the roux. The first 10 episodes were kinda like making the roux. If you haven't ever made a roux, or even if you have but not for gumbo, you might have some understandable questions. Questions like "why is this taking so long? It's been another 10 minutes, seriously, why is this taking so long? Are you sure that's not burned? WHAT ARE YOU DOING YOUVE BEEN STIRRING THAT ROUX LONGER THAN MOST PEOPLE TAKE TO DO A COLA WARRIOR RUN"

But I know whats up, so Im like...Bro, relax. I know this is taking a while. I know this looks like actual shit. Please trust the process. The cooking is going to plan.

And then the trinity comes. Between the three gundams at the plant, which one was the onions, the bell pepper, and the celery? Don't know. But we also got the garlic, salt, and all the other spices.

Oh, of course we make it the right way, so we had to have the tomatoes.

After the tomatoes have a chance to simmer a little bit, we add stock. Now it's got to cook for a while. Some things will happen. They happen slow. You might not realize anything is happening at all. You can just forget about it for a couple hours. When you come back, it's time to add some okra, the real fan favorite of the shows up with little more than 30 minutes remaining.

Finally, at the very end, you got shrimp. Fresh caught from Bayou La Batre Alabama is the best, but any shrimp will do. Except something is wrong. There is no shrimp in this kitchen. The chef is dropping lumps of tofu in the pot.

It's a bait an switch. It was all a setup. The chicken and andouille were some kind of "Beyond" plant based meat substitute this whole time, and the roux was made with soybean oil. It turns out, this whole thing was a scheme to market creole food to tourists from the rainbow and toothpaste countries.

The worst atrocity since Colony 30.
View Quote

I was almost following you in your valiant attempt at making an insightful analogy - but I was kinda expecting to find "the big smush" in there somewhere.

Did I somehow miss it?

I was also led astray just a bit by the tomatoes, as it occurred to me that taking care of the tomatoes for her wife was a major plot point for Little Miss Clueless - but alas, I was taking those tomatoes just a bit too literally.

Maybe if I drink a celebratory beverage or two and then come back and re-read it I will do a better job of grokking things.

Link Posted: 12/31/2023 10:50:02 PM EDT
[#30]

I was almost following you in your valiant attempt at making an insightful analogy - but I was kinda expecting to find "the big smush" in there somewhere.

Did I somehow miss it?

I was also led astray just a bit by the tomatoes, as it occurred to me that taking care of the tomatoes for her wife was a major plot point for Little Miss Clueless - but alas, I was taking those tomatoes just a bit too literally.

Maybe if I drink a celebratory beverage or two and then come back and re-read it I will do a better job of grokking things.

View Quote

Oh, oh no. I should have waited until I was on my PC again to make this post. I guess it doesn't make sense without all the pics I considered to include. I'll add one pic now just to help it make sense. But no, I didn't forget.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 11:01:41 PM EDT
[#31]

Oh, oh no. I should have waited until I was on my PC again to make this post. I guess it doesn't make sense without all the pics I considered to include. I'll add one pic now just to help it make sense. But no, I didn't forget.
View All Quotes

Did I somehow miss it?

Ah - makes a bit more sense now that I see where you've added a touch of "red sauce" to the mixture...

Link Posted: 1/1/2024 8:11:21 AM EDT
[#32]

Ah - makes a bit more sense now that I see where you've added a touch of "red sauce" to the mixture...

View Quote

Vine ripe tomatoes on the produce section trigger me. They make me think of yurishitter cringe.

Tomatoes in the state they are in when they go in the pot for jambalaya, gumbo, or chili makes me chuckle because it reminds me of the funniest scene I've ever seen in an anime.
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 12:39:32 PM EDT
[#33]
there are no tomatoes in jambalaya

Link Posted: 1/1/2024 1:15:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By dog-meat:
there are no tomatoes in jambalaya

View Quote

Well, that's a food fight that will get even more intense than when people try to put beans in chili. A little off topic for this thread, unless its been touched on by Food Wars.
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 11:27:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 45BArmorer] [#35]
runningunz87

You might try Armored Trooper VOTOMS
It's an older show first season was 1983-1984
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 11:51:34 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Gunslinger808:
“86” is a good mecha anime series.
View Quote

Seconded.

I rock this shirt iRL:

I've watched the final ten minutes of that series too many times to count.
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 3:20:05 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By RarestRX:

I've watched the final ten minutes of that series too many times to count.
View Quote

The final 10 minutes were the reason I powered through the bulk of the season.  If I had known it wasn’t going to happen until THE very last scene I probably would have thrown in the towel.  Or just skipped to the end.
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 3:20:40 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 3:48:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ConcernedCitizen] [#39]

View Quote

Knight's & Magic is definitely one of my favorites.

Here’s a few more I would recommend:

Knights of Sidonia
Innocent Venus
Muv-Luv Alternative
Kuromukuro
Tenchi Muyo! War on Geminar
Darling in the Franxx
Nobunaga the Fool

... and most importantly:

Space Battleship Tiramisu

Link Posted: 1/2/2024 8:41:43 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By ConcernedCitizen:

View Quote

Troublemaker...

Link Posted: 1/2/2024 8:59:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Liaztraht] [#41]

View All Quotes

Gurren Lagann
is a mech anime

I love this one
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 11:08:14 AM EDT
[#42]
I started reading the Under Ninja manga and holy shit! The art is amazing!

Does he use a computer program to “mangaize” photographs? The detail is unreal.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 12:49:24 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By 45BArmorer:
runningunz87

You might try Armored Trooper VOTOMS
It's an older show first season was 1983-1984
View Quote

Thank you, it has been added to my list.
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 12:50:51 PM EDT
[#44]

Knights of Sidonia
Innocent Venus
Muv-Luv Alternative
Kuromukuro
Darling in the Franxx
Nobunaga the Fool

View Quote

Thank you, copied and pasted into my list.

Tiramisu?
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 12:54:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Liaztraht] [#45]

Tiramisu?
View All Quotes

Here's a few more I would recommend:

Knights of Sidonia
Innocent Venus
Muv-Luv Alternative
Kuromukuro
Darling in the Franxx
Nobunaga the Fool

Tiramisu?
It's a comedy about a guy who pilots a mech. It's all a bunch of short silly episodes.

Link Posted: 1/2/2024 2:46:17 PM EDT
[#46]

Knights of Sidonia
Innocent Venus
Muv-Luv Alternative
Kuromukuro
Darling in the Franxx
Nobunaga the Fool

View All Quotes

Knights of Sidonia
Innocent Venus
Muv-Luv Alternative
Kuromukuro
Darling in the Franxx
Nobunaga the Fool

Heavy Object is another mech anime, though it focuses on the giant mech style.
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 3:32:55 AM EDT
[#47]
Uhhh. Gushing Over Magical Girls.

Wtf am I watching. I am pretty sure I'm now on another list.
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 3:47:20 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By pmo12:

View Quote
I only saw a clip of it on twitter,  and I understand your concern.
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 5:27:36 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By pmo12:

View Quote

Ahh, Mahou Shoujo ni Akogarete.
I started to watch it as  the animation looked like some cutesy show maybe a grandkid would want to watch, WRONG!
I gave up after a few minutes.
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 6:57:54 AM EDT
[#50]
Spice and Wolf: MERCHANT MEETS THE WISE WOLF | OFFICIAL TRAILER

Can't wait to see the new Spice & Wolf anime that will be out this year, looks like they are going with the softer more rounded art style from the books instead of the style I'm used to having watched the anime and read the manga

Fingers crossed they will get Brina Palencia back for the dub her performance as Holo is one of my favorites ever she really captured how mature Holo is supposed to sound and since I experienced the anime first it was the voice in my head when I read it

Spice and Wolf - Season 1 - Now on DVD - Clip 3

Page / 763
Who watches Anime? (Page 729 of 763)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top