Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 11:48:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Worry so much about what tattoos will look like as people age?

I mean I've got several tattoos and other then seeing pureskin folks worry about it.  It never enters my mind.

So I know we have a fair amount of pure skin folks here....why do you care about tattoos on aging skin?
View Quote

I only cared about ink on girls I was dating.  Chicks covered in tats was an automatic nope.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 11:53:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Serious answer:  The tats don’t make you special OP.   Nobody gives you an extra though, good or bad.  

People post those threads, specifically to trigger people such as yourself, and it works.  100% of the time.

There is a double standard though:
For trashy old ladies, we encounter a wave of revulsion, tinged with sympathy, and curiosity.    It’s the same feeling you get when you encounter a crazy old Bag Lady living out of a shopping cart, or a toothless old Lounge lizard at a Truck Stop.     You briefly wonder at the Hard, Hard life that brought her to this place, the sheer unlikeliness of her survival, and the gratitude you feel for not being her.

Then without any eye contact or acknowledgement, you walk around her, pay for your Coke, and get on your way.   By the time you get to the exit, she’s entirely forgotten.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 12:06:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I mean I've got several tattoos and other then seeing pureskin folks worry about it.  It never enters my mind.

So I know we have a fair amount of pure skin folks here....why do you care about tattoos on aging skin?
View Quote

Why are you so worried about people who worry. Tattooed people are so neurotic.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 12:27:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 12:33:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

As someone who did not have tattoos for over half their life, then got a few (in places not seen unless I want them too be).

I think subconsciously and maybe consciously too, people just like to judge folks; For anything that they can, any jab or put down on someone else down is a slight elevation to them, in their mind.

From either side its all personal preference and opinion.

One side can point out many losers with tats and good successful folks without.
The other can point out many successful good folks with tatts and some truly horrible pure skins..

Both anecdotal evidence and conclusive or proving of nothing..
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 12:36:26 PM EDT
[#6]
I like women with tattoos.  Now... I'm not a fan of the huge above the breasts tatts, or just random shit everywhere, but artistic and tasteful tattoos are a turn on for me.

I like to try to lick them off
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 3:28:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

What kind of business were you hiring people for?  

I've never gone to an interview with a short sleeved shirt and don't have anything on my hands or face so you have me curious.

Can you give examples of some of the people you judged and how you knew they had tattoos?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Damn dirty Inkies.

J/K... I don't give a shit. But don't take that to mean that when I meet someone who's tatted way up, they're already losing points right out of the gate, because I question their judgement. I used to hire people, so it was a game of weeding applicants out when there were many. People make judgements on appearances. Always have, always will.

What kind of business were you hiring people for?  

I've never gone to an interview with a short sleeved shirt and don't have anything on my hands or face so you have me curious.

Can you give examples of some of the people you judged and how you knew they had tattoos?

I was a career network administrator in IT. We had lots of people wearing tat sleeves and low neck ones. No face/head ones. We also had all kinds of applicants of questionable judgement, including a few felons. One for a violent crime. Needless to say, he didn't even get an interview.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 3:33:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Statistically, 87% of Pitbull Owners have tattoos... Pure coincidence or consistent in making bad choices?

Link Posted: 4/14/2023 3:34:05 PM EDT
[#9]
A girl getting a tattoo is little more than getting a nice car and then keying it here and there.

I have never seen a tat on a woman that didn't make her less attractive.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 3:36:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Why bother getting all riled up about a personal preference issue?
Neither my wife or I have any tats.
We prefer it that way.
My best friend and his wife have tats.
That's cool too.
I don't have tats because I don't need a visual reminder of the things that are important to me.
Some people do, and that's perfectly fine.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 3:41:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Well, let's see if some of the folks who spend sleepless hours thinking about sagging tramp stamps will speak up.
View Quote

It’s probably the same people that wouldn’t vote for a conservative because they had a tattoo.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 4:16:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I'm a pureskin.  My "dilemma" with getting one always is "Is this thing going to be the Tat I WANT, not some tat artists interpretation of what I want",  Will it still look good 25 years later and most importantly is it "something I'll still be proud to have on 30 years from now?"

Is it something that I love so much NOW that Im willing to get it inked on me forever and will I still like it in 25 years.  I would love to have an awesome whitetail deer or a trout on a flyrod tat, but will those things still be worthy of a permanent spot on my skin 25 years from now.  Thats the real reason I never got one.  I see people with Sonic the hedgehog or barbed wire wrapped on their arms and they regret ever getting them.

And I have no problem with anyone getting anything inked on them.  In fact in my circle of friends I'm the only pureskin.  Some of my friends have full backs and/or sleeves and even a hodgepoge of skulls and sexy girls and "suicide skull" all over them.  Plus I think I would be a pussy and hate the process even though I've bashed myself up my entire life and needles and staples and stitches are common for me...
View Quote

FWIW, with my four tattoos I stuck to a single color, with a deliberate lack of fine detail and text, with space between the inked sections.

The artist and I designed them with fading and migration in mind, close up(as in me looking at them) there will be a loss of detail over the decades, but otherwise they should be fine. 13 years so far and they are still very close to what they looked like a year after getting them, when compared against the pics.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 4:20:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Why do people WITH tattoos worry so much about why people without tattoos worry so much about what tattoos will look like as people age?
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 4:21:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Tats and beards are so common they look like a uniform now.

In an effort to be different people end up looking like everyone else.

#pureskin
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 4:21:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top