Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/2/2021 11:46:03 AM EDT
[#1]
In the old days it was called "Runaway Inflation".

Taterhead has no idea how to stop it.

Anyone remember the booming economy in 2019? No one in the MSM has dared to bring that up.
Link Posted: 7/2/2021 11:49:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Levi's. Underwear. Tools. Motor oil and filters.  A set of tires.  Things you know you're gonna need but can sit on the shelf until you do.
Link Posted: 7/2/2021 11:54:12 AM EDT
[#3]
We aren't seeing much reduced demand as prices keep rising. It doesn't make much sense to me. Then there's more shortages of various goods, that always raises prices. Our buying power is greatly reduced by all this, soon our money won't really be worth much. I think we will go from expensive and in short supply to not even available at all as this continues.
Link Posted: 7/2/2021 11:56:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Janet Yellen was on the idiot box a few weeks ago and said inflation is only at like 2% and it is GOOD for the economy!!!
Link Posted: 7/2/2021 1:14:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It's hilarious how people were against "the FSA" until all of a sudden they could join the the FSA.  And after an epic gorging of the FSA at the old money trough, people are suddenly surprised at inflation.

Oh well.  If this seems bad, wait for a year or two down the road.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
GD: "Yay!!! Stimmy Checks!!! What gun should I buy?"

Also GD: "Why is everything so expensive all of a sudden?"

It's hilarious how people were against "the FSA" until all of a sudden they could join the the FSA.  And after an epic gorging of the FSA at the old money trough, people are suddenly surprised at inflation.

This.  It’s been amazing to witness in real life.    And I’m pretty sure Germany, Argentina, Zimbabwe, Venezuela and the rest of them, didn't feature straight up Stimmy checks
Link Posted: 7/2/2021 1:36:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'm not understanding how some of you are making it sound like this is a recent thing or because of the money handed out during Covid.

Prices have been steadily increasing for years. Just look at a "family size" box of cereal a few years ago compared to a decade ago. Corporations have been shrinking products and charging more for as long as I can remember.

There has been a steady price increase for a long time. Yes, Covid has disrupted a lot of supply chains but the only idea that everything is more expensive because they gov handed out some money this past year is ridiculous. Even if no money was handed out, we would still see a price increase for many products simply due to the pandemic and nothing else.

But besides lumber and household goods, my life hasn't changed that much. I just bought a screaming laptop for $500. I helped a friend order a set of tires a few weeks ago that were exactly the same price she paid 3 years ago.  My girlfriend will spend $200 at clothing companies like H&M, Shein, Zara, Uniqlo, etc.. and end up with 5 pairs of pants and like 10 tops. My cell phone can do 10X the amount my last one can do I'm paying less for it.

The most I'm affected by is used car prices and rent. But can you blame that on the FSA types or just simple capitalism? If I'm paying $1800 for rent on my one bedroom (my current rent) and my apartment complex with 500 units is stil 95%+ occupied, then it's obviously a price consumers are willing to pay. It sucks but that's life.
View Quote

LoL.   People always tell themselves shit like this.  “It’s not so bad..I can still buy a bus fare for 10 Reich marks!      
That’s why inflation is so insidious.   After a few more years, you’ll be asking “How did we get here?..How did this happen?”  

- I was going to post graphs of the post Covid money creation/money supply, but if you cared, you’d have seen them already.    Suffice to say: Free money ain’t free.
Did you enjoy your Stimmy Checks?    What did you buy?
Link Posted: 7/2/2021 1:38:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/2/2021 1:45:39 PM EDT
[#8]
OP must be sent to a re-education camp.

Link Posted: 7/2/2021 2:07:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/2/2021 2:44:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Did you return your check to the government? If not, why not?
Link Posted: 7/2/2021 2:46:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

We used our stimulus money to hedge against rising energy costs. We now no longer have to rely on electricity or gas for heat - FSA checks paid for our new wood stove inserts, plus, we get a sizeable refund next tax season. Big gov was trying to make us more reliant on them, but we'll have to thank them for allowing us more independence.
View Quote

This. The "stimulus" was merely a "partial inflation adjustment refund". Use it wisely, to secure your future despite what these jokers are trying to destroy.
Link Posted: 7/5/2021 1:09:35 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Janet Yellen was on the idiot box a few weeks ago and said inflation is only at like 2% and it is GOOD for the economy!!!
View Quote

Oh, well thank goodness. There's no chance they'd lie to us.
Link Posted: 7/5/2021 1:10:55 AM EDT
[#13]
THERE IS NO INFLATION IF YOU MEASURE CPI IN CHEESE!

“At least when R Kelly pisses on you he doesn’t tell you it’s raining”
Link Posted: 7/5/2021 1:12:08 AM EDT
[#14]
Dirty Joe and cum hole Harris
Link Posted: 7/5/2021 1:19:29 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Lots of dollars created in the last 12 months.

Production was shut down due to the pandemic.

Bigger supply of dollars, lower supply of products = Inflation
View Quote

1/5 of all dollars (not paper money tards) was 'created' in 2020. Let that sink in.
Link Posted: 7/5/2021 1:22:19 AM EDT
[#16]
Country spinning out of control or something like that?
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top