User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 7:20:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Why did you let her blimp out like that?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Before we got married and had kids my wife was a bodybuilder and martial artist, so she was always meaty but in a good way. She weighed around 150 but was fit and stacked with solid muscle. Now almost 4 years later she's getting fat and soft pushing 200, meanwhile I'm in the best shape I've ever been in my life at 33 years old, sitting at almost 200 myself but I'm also 6 feet and I've packed on muscle, my wife is 5'8" and 27 years old.

Why did you let her blimp out like that?

Because I like more cushion for the pushin!
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 7:27:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Not mine. She’s curvy and thicc with tits that would make a thin women fall over and unable to do a sit up.

And she’s a doctor. And she’s the most beautiful women I’ve ever seen.
View Quote

And you are a stock market mastermind. You have the world figured out.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 7:43:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Before we got married and had kids my wife was a bodybuilder and martial artist, so she was always meaty but in a good way. She weighed around 150 but was fit and stacked with solid muscle. Now almost 4 years later she's getting fat and soft pushing 200, meanwhile I'm in the best shape I've ever been in my life at 33 years old, sitting at almost 200 myself but I'm also 6 feet and I've packed on muscle, my wife is 5'8" and 27 years old.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/28/2022 8:39:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Obese is a much lower threshold than a lot of people realize
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
If left to my own devices I could easily be fat and happy.  But THEY wouldn't be happy.  So I keep that shit in check for them.

#thestruggleisreal
/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/B926BC70-2451-4EC1-A889-3A3C070B9F9D-404.gif

I don’t understand this mindset. I have nobody that I’m beholden to when it comes to my physical condition. I just don’t want to be fat. The food is disgusting, the fit of the clothes is awful, it’s harder to do everything. I can’t carry a pistol comfortably or get in and out of the car/bed/whatever, the lifestyle is detrimental to every aspect of your health, you’re a detriment to those around you because you are slow and take up too much space in a car/bus/airplane and you are a liability in an emergency situation. You are harder to deal with for emergency, medical, public safety folks, etc, etc, etc. Being happy with being obese means you are happy with being a burden on society.

I didn't say obese to the point of being disabled or a burden to others.  When I was fat (overweight) I got around just fine.  Just looked like shit.  

Obese is a much lower threshold than a lot of people realize

I agree.  I was objectively in the *overweight* category by BMI.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 9:07:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

They say that about Blow jobs too.

This is why we did wedding pie..  fuck cake it sucks pie's the best!
View Quote

What kind of pie?
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 9:34:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I agree.  I was objectively in the *overweight* category by BMI.
View Quote

BMI for folks with some muscle doesn't work very well. BMI has me in overweight category. 6'2 205 pounds have spent 31 years residential roofing, workout 4 days a week with 3 days of cardio. My cardio consists of 100 burpess with loaded plate carrier then 45 minutes on a bike, all monitored with a heart rate monitor so I know what zone I'm working in.

now if you sit a desk job and don't workout or move heavy stuff, then it might be applicable.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 9:46:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

BMI for folks with some muscle doesn't work very well. BMI has me in overweight category. 6'2 205 pounds have spent 31 years residential roofing, workout 4 days a week with 3 days of cardio. My cardio consists of 100 burpess with loaded plate carrier then 45 minutes on a bike, all monitored with a heart rate monitor so I know what zone I'm working in.

now if you sit a desk job and don't workout or move heavy stuff, then it might be applicable.
View Quote

I have no muscle.  It was fat.  

Link Posted: 2/28/2022 9:57:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

At least your honest about it, many if not most are not.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 11:19:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'll give you one guess when I was dating the plumpers who liked to party... It's hard to resist a shitty lifestyle when it's constantly in your face. Rollercoaster as fuck.

Link Posted: 3/1/2022 8:50:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I'll give you one guess when I was dating the plumpers who liked to party... It's hard to resist a shitty lifestyle when it's constantly in your face. Rollercoaster as fuck.

https://i.imgur.com/1xSyrEL.jpeg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/1xSyrEL.jpeg

Nice!  

Mine happened almost overnight seems like.  Right about when I turned 25 I went from a very active to a sedentary job, got pregnant, and quit smoking all in the span of 5 months.  Gained 60 pounds during that pregnancy and only lost 20.  2 more pregnancies with no excess weight gain but I just sat at that 40+ pounds for about 10 years.  He had gained about the same amount over that time span.

Then we went out for our anniversary and wound up at Marble Slab and as we're eating our ice cream he says, "We've gotten fat and I'm not happy.  We need to do something."  Once we decided on a tactic (Paleo) and put it into play it took (and I'm just now realizing the irony of this) 5 months to lose it.  

Because we eat right on a day-to-day basis I don't sweat the splurges.  If something comes up where we can't/don't eat right for a few days (annual big family lake trip usually does it ) we just get back to it when we can.  Used to be those times would act as a metabolic reset and we'd drop what we'd gained plus a few more pounds within a week of eating right again.  As we've gotten older (48 and 44) though it takes longer, a bit more effort, and doesn't usually result in the extra couple of pounds gone like it once did.  
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 10:01:52 AM EDT
[#11]
My wife actually lost about 20 lbs from when we met over the 28 years we've been together (including two kids).

J-
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 10:19:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Did you ever think to try going to a different park?
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 6:27:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Then we went out for our anniversary and wound up at Marble Slab and as we're eating our ice cream he says, "We've gotten fat and I'm not happy.  We need to do something."
View Quote

Did you at least finish your ice cream? Lol
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 7:07:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Then we went out for our anniversary and wound up at Marble Slab and as we're eating our ice cream he says, "We've gotten fat and I'm not happy.  We need to do something."

Well, of course.  He said we need to do something.....not right this second.  
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 9:50:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Keep this in mind before you send money for a mail order bride from the Ukraine...
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 8:51:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

And you know this how?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

And you know this how?

You can tell...it's not difficult.  Like when you see a drugged out junkie...you know they're a junkie; no need to explain.

Quoted:
Now do Dad Bods.

I'm knocking on 40.  I still wear a size 34.  I'm not in the best shape of my life but I'm aight; rock a 20lb PC with kit and gun belt for 12+ hours larping around like a moran™ and still be gtg for work the next day that also requires me to be active and on my feet 10-12hours.

...and that's not bragging.  It's not hard.  It's a shame the vast majority of dudes can't do the same.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 11:49:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

You can tell...it's not difficult.  Like when you see a drugged out junkie...you know they're a junkie; no need to explain.

I'm knocking on 40.  I still wear a size 34.  I'm not in the best shape of my life but I'm aight; rock a 20lb PC with kit and gun belt for 12+ hours larping around like a moran™ and still be gtg for work the next day that also requires me to be active and on my feet 10-12hours.

...and that's not bragging.  It's not hard.  It's a shame the vast majority of dudes can't do the same.
View Quote

What I usually see when I hear “I still wear a size 34.”

Not necessarily you, Exorpmtech, just in general. Guys have a tendency to measure under their gut, then think they’re just as in shape as they were years ago. As long as that 34 can still fit over their ass, they claim it.
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 12:07:11 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2020/09/23/23/33548430-0-image-a-106_1600901956834.jpg

Not necessarily you, Exorpmtech, just in general. Guys have a tendency to measure under their gut, then think they’re just as in shape as they were years ago. As long as that 34 can still fit over their ass, they claim it.
View Quote

You make excellent points. One of my good friends is pushing 280 and somehow sucks his gut in to fit 35 wranglers and he will happily tell you he can wear the same size jeans he did in high school. Some  how over the years his ass has transferred to the front like the pic above.

Flat ass and big gut but rocking those 35s.
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 9:30:18 PM EDT
[#19]

Link Posted: 3/21/2022 9:37:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2020/09/23/23/33548430-0-image-a-106_1600901956834.jpg

View Quote

Quoted:

You make excellent points. One of my good friends is pushing 280 and somehow sucks his gut in to fit 35 wranglers and he will happily tell you he can wear the same size jeans he did in high school. Some  how over the years his ass has transferred to the front like the pic above.

Flat ass and big gut but rocking those 35s.
View Quote

If I suck it in I can do a 30 or 32.  Gotta leave a little room for IWB.

Very minor Buda belly. (thats with me pushing it out)  Far from the best shape of my life, but I stay active as I can and didn't double or even 1/4 my weight....and that's without trying.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/21/2022 9:39:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Ugh
130 would be amazing
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 9:40:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I’ve thought about this same thing. Multiple theories.
- Women gain weight as a safety mechanism. Imagine living in the ghetto as a hot lady. Not safe, stressful. Hence why so many poor people are fat.
- Women feel stronger when they’re a bigger mass. If they don’t like feeling physically inferior to their man, they just eat until they outweigh them.
- Food at restaurants is the same serving size for both men and women. A 130lbs lady should
only eat half her plate, but doing that feels weird so they keep eating.
- Democrat women have mental disorders and eat for their depression.
View Quote

Lol wtf
I have no words for you
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 9:42:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
They don't make enough money for their wives to care about staying fit.  

View Quote

Good, let me poor another drink, as if Monday couldn’t get worse
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 12:37:54 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 12:40:02 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 1:14:23 AM EDT
[#26]
Was doing some window shopping on Bumble recently. If any of you other mid-50s guys want to be depressed, search on women our own age. Yuck.

A chick in her 30s or early 40s with a pretty face can sometimes land on the right side side of desirable even if she is overweight. Not so for time-ravaged faces. Few of the women post anything but headshots and that is an obesity warning even if their heads aren’t very fat.

And they don’t seem to see the problem. One lady put in her profile “last picture is a full-body shot since that seems to be so important to you guys.”

Well, yeah. LOL. It’s pretty damned important to men. (And to be fair, I wouldn’t expect women to be attracted to fat guys.)

Link Posted: 3/22/2022 1:33:07 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Good point, I've noticed this as well. In the 90s and 00s, the only tattoos were on the back or maybe ankle. Now it's like they intentionally put them on the middle of their legs to destroy their looks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You forgot another reason:  A greater expanse of skin provides more area to be covered with body art.  Apparently, a memo went out some years ago to all the hippos that the most sure-fire way to increase their sex-appeal is to cover themselves in tats.  While the effectiveness of this technique may be up for debate, it is undeniable that fat chicks have adopted this strategy in mass.

Good point, I've noticed this as well. In the 90s and 00s, the only tattoos were on the back or maybe ankle. Now it's like they intentionally put them on the middle of their legs to destroy their looks.

The tattoos help hide the stretch marks, cellulite, and pimples.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 1:39:17 AM EDT
[#28]
Ain’t no lady if she’s under 180

My wife is like the same size since we marry
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 2:12:07 AM EDT
[#29]
Lol. Sucks to not be an anomoly I guess.
Page / 7
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top