BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 4:39:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Did ya warch it. It says right on it that's a Wiccan ceremony. Do I need to phrase it in 1s and zeros.? Whale song? Help me help you.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think you are being sarcastic, but honestly it’s hard to tell these days. Poe’s Law.

Did ya warch it. It says right on it that's a Wiccan ceremony. Do I need to phrase it in 1s and zeros.? Whale song? Help me help you.

Of course I watched it.

But you’re smart enough to know that Cher, Michelle Pfeiffer and Susan Sarandon aren’t satanist because they are cast in the Witches of Eastwick.  And Taylor isn’t satanist because of a music video.  Entertainment /= real life.

There are how many movies and music videos about the occult? Hundreds, no doubt.  It says nothing about the people in them.

Satanic panic is peak silliness.

Link Posted: 3/5/2024 4:40:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Op is insecure and feels threatened.

Link Posted: 3/5/2024 5:43:19 AM EDT
[#3]
What a weird troll thread this is.
Even weirder is how many have taken the bait.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 5:49:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

She might write her music but she can't sing or dance worth a damn. Her shows appear to be Hunger Games-type glitter bombs. Plus she seems to have written the same song with different words about 87 times. If you want to call that talent, fine. I don't.

I'm also not suggesting replacing her with another pop singer as a role model. Not by any stretch. This isn't to say another is better - just that she is bad as well.
View Quote

Huh. I agree.

Taylor Swift has a really good media / propaganda / advertisement campaign. That's what keeps he relevant - not her music. Women fall for that shit really, really easily. It's practically a sorority.

And it is enabled by their men who cater to them as you see in this very thread. Magua understands that the white man is a dog to his women. .
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 6:54:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
3) She's a political stooge and leverages her celebrity to influence votes, which is just wrong every which way you look at it.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/5/2024 7:07:28 AM EDT
[#6]
talent

noun

a special natural ability or aptitude: a talent for drawing.

a capacity for achievement or success; ability: young men of talent.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 7:08:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
She has sold out to Satan.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/5/2024 8:01:36 AM EDT
[#8]
well, she's a witch

Christian Artist Admits: "Taylor Swift is a Witch!" ??
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 8:14:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

This. I'm all for setting a good example for children, but unless she's singing "Hail Satan" you might lighten up some. As far as "talentless",

You kinda sound like some parents did when Elvis hit the scene.
View Quote

Elvis doing that devilish Forest Gump dance stuff ;)
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 8:18:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Fawning over a 34 year old female singing five note nursery rhymes is fine.. for a 10 year old.   She does the same ten 80's rock star poses and the same Susanna Hoffs eye moves on stage over and over and people think it's some magical new thing Taylor brought to the table.  There are plenty of real musicians creating real music that aren't getting the attention but the little juvenile lyrics are easy for most to hum along to and many are just happy to sing along while sitting in an auditorium full of children.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 8:37:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
What a weird troll thread this is.
Even weirder is how many have taken the bait.
View Quote

I have never in my life deliberately trolled. The truth is that my criticisms of her were measured and restrained, when in reality there's a *lot* more to worry about as outlined in this thread.

I view the obsession many here have as similar to the otherwise inexplicable attraction of adult men to the My Little Pony series. I imagine when that was criticized there were many reactions of "Unpossible! Must be trolling!"
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 9:56:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

She turned me into a newt.
View Quote

But you got better.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 10:00:39 AM EDT
[#13]
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/5/2024 10:04:47 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I am divorced with split custody of my two young daughters (5 and 7). I have told my story here many times before.

Generally speaking, my ex and I are on the same page with parenting. I happen to abhor Taylor Swift, mostly because I think she's a talentless hack and I cannot stand anybody that has a cult following. Seems inherently blasphemous. I'm not sure.

That said, my ex and many of her friends love Taylor Swift. My ex went to her sister in law's 30th birthday party this weekend and I guess it was Swift themed or something. I talk to my children daily, and my youngest was carrying around a life-size cardboard cutout of Taylor Swift. I said that I did not like her and that she isn't a good role model for young girls. My ex questioned me about this. Here's what I said.

1) She is a serial dater, and her entire career is based on trashing her repeated failed relationships. This is inherently disrespectful to men.
2) Her lyrics are indicative of a dark triad type personality - victim mentality, sociopathy, narcissism. It's extremely toxic.
3) She's a political stooge and leverages her celebrity to influence votes, which is just wrong every which way you look at it. Plus there's some sort of irony in choosing people when your entire career is based on choosing poorly.

Basically, Taylor Swift is a lot like my ex in terms of narcissism and serial dating, just richer and more famous. I find this to be the absolute last thing in the world I want my children to be. I would not want my son, if I had one, to date or marry such a woman, and I sure as fuck don't want my daughters to emulate literally anything about her personality or personal life choices.

The downside is that these are not things any child understands yet. All I can do is raise them the best I can.
View Quote

Cool….now do the men you think should be a role model.

1)  Plenty of men trash women after a relationship. You’re being one sided. Typical ‘it’s different when you’re a man’ approach people laugh at.
2) same as one. Exactly the same.

She created her own business, was screwed by her last producer, remade ALL her own songs on her own, and put in the work to make the guy who screwed her lose the leverage he had on her.

Here you are saying Taylor isn’t a role model because she trashes her ex, and you do the exact same thing. Pot meet kettle.  Your daughter’s next boyfriend thank you for their daddy issues.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 10:06:43 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

While I didn't mention religion other than a passing reference to blasphemy, I would suggest you read the Bible. It's possible you're just slow and don't understand what Christianity and the Bible says about divorce and remarriage.

I don't know, maybe you think Taylor Swift has just been searching for the right guy for the last 16 years in the hopes of creating a marriage and family. I'm sure that's it.
View Quote

And there it is….the Bible.  How many of God’s People actually live out the life He says? Maybe Taylor isn’t perfect.  Keep casting stones. I’m sure you’re up front and truthful with your daughters about the way you treated women growing up.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 10:11:10 AM EDT
[#16]
Rent free.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 10:21:15 AM EDT
[#17]
lol Could be worse. At least she's not showing young girls how to twerk, or that it's ok to have an onlyfans or act like a skank/hoe in public.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 10:21:40 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Cool….now do the men you think should be a role model.

1)  Plenty of men trash women after a relationship. You’re being one sided. Typical ‘it’s different when you’re a man’ approach people laugh at.
2) same as one. Exactly the same.

She created her own business, was screwed by her last producer, remade ALL her own songs on her own, and put in the work to make the guy who screwed her lose the leverage he had on her.

Here you are saying Taylor isn’t a role model because she trashes her ex, and you do the exact same thing. Pot meet kettle.  Your daughter’s next boyfriend thank you for their daddy issues.
View Quote

You are all over the place. I do not now nor have I ever suggested that this sort of behavior would be acceptable if men did it. It isn't remotely relevant. This is classic "whataboutism" when I didn't even say anything remotely like that.

I am critical of my ex in certain (otherwise anonymous) forums, largely because she was unfaithful and abandoned our family for the sake of her impulses, but I do not leverage my experiences for personal gain in any way nor publicly shame her in any way. You neither know me nor my ex, though you think you do. Nor, for that matter, do you know the slightest thing about me and my relationship history. Yes, I would be up front with my daughters about how I treated women growing up. I am not sure how that's relevant, but I tried my best to be respectful and honest even if I wasn't immune to biological imperative. I have never been a womanizer, unfaithful, disrespectful, or anything of the sort.

You should try reading the thread. There's information there. Whether you would be capable of comprehending that is another story.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 10:32:00 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Are you desperately searching for something I did wrong? Something I failed at in relationships?

I married young the first time. We meant well. She struggled with both addiction and depression. We went through counseling (two of them, actually) and the second counselor suggested inpatient therapy for her.. She wasn't sure anything was wrong with the relationship, but she knew that my first wife needed help. Her family didn't understand until after she left how bad it was. I hold no ill will towards her and in fact I spoke to her recently to thank her for trying. We may have married young, had no idea what we were doing, and not been all that right for each other, but she tried in spite of everything to honor her commitment. I respected that. I believe she is getting married again soon, if she isn't already. I wished her well.

If you're asking whether I've even been unfaithful or vindictive or anything of the sort, the answer is no. I'm not an asshole. What's amusing is that most of my friends think I bear some undue burden and that I deal with more than most. I don't see it that way.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Both times?

Are you desperately searching for something I did wrong? Something I failed at in relationships?

I married young the first time. We meant well. She struggled with both addiction and depression. We went through counseling (two of them, actually) and the second counselor suggested inpatient therapy for her.. She wasn't sure anything was wrong with the relationship, but she knew that my first wife needed help. Her family didn't understand until after she left how bad it was. I hold no ill will towards her and in fact I spoke to her recently to thank her for trying. We may have married young, had no idea what we were doing, and not been all that right for each other, but she tried in spite of everything to honor her commitment. I respected that. I believe she is getting married again soon, if she isn't already. I wished her well.

If you're asking whether I've even been unfaithful or vindictive or anything of the sort, the answer is no. I'm not an asshole. What's amusing is that most of my friends think I bear some undue burden and that I deal with more than most. I don't see it that way.

Sounds like maybe spending more time dating and less time jumping into a marriage would have been a good choice for you.

Maybe Taylor swift could have been a good example for you.

Link Posted: 3/5/2024 10:33:44 AM EDT
[#20]
She's hot but yet she's like 35 and not been married, no kids. That's definitely a red flag right there.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 10:48:49 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
yikes dude.  you are DEFINITELY thinking about it too hard lol.  Doesn't everyone go through a dating phase in their 20's / early 30's?

Swift may have some issues but she's 99.99999% better than all the other singers out there today in terms of being a role model for younger children.  Just be thankful your kids aren't into emo or some shit.

Also, I'm pretty sure she writes all her own stuff and gave a big middle finger to big industry, so no idea how you can call her talentless.
View Quote

I am not a fan of TS, but damn OP, you are wrapped way to tight.  ^^This^^^mass
You come off as being one click from Tipper Gore: If you play her music backwards, it summons the Devil. Her song You Belong With Me is clearly about mass murder...........
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 10:55:13 AM EDT
[#22]
If satanic  witchcraft isn't enough of a reason I don't know what to say...
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 10:55:52 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Sounds like maybe spending more time dating and less time jumping into a marriage would have been a good choice for you.

Maybe Taylor swift could have been a good example for you.

View Quote

LOL.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 10:59:23 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 11:05:21 AM EDT
[#25]
SATANISM!!!!!!

WITCHCRAFT!!!!

Man, I didn’t realize Tipper Gore and the PMRC had so many accounts here!
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 11:17:14 AM EDT
[#26]
Satanist, plain and simple.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 11:21:27 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 11:35:53 AM EDT
[#28]
I don't follow her so I can't provide a whole lot here but from what I do know she is definitely not a role model type for my daughter.  To be fair I don't think celebrities make good role models.  

I do agree with what you stated in the OP and very grateful my wife thinks very low of Swift and her kind.

Link Posted: 3/5/2024 6:01:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

The GD bible crew is out of control.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 8:16:45 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not sure if there are more of them now, or if they are just extra scared lately. It is an election year I guess.

Everyone is apparently a satanist and everything is a satanist plot according to half of GD.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 8:35:48 PM EDT
[#31]
But she has a color book.

Link Posted: 3/5/2024 8:38:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you listened to him enough he'd probably have you thinking your kids liver and kidneys are next on the menu.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 8:26:12 PM EDT
[#33]
There's some text you can post to your Facebook that prevents Taylor Swift from witching you.  I don't have the whole thing on hand but you can google it, it starts out like "I do not give Taylor Swift permission to steal my soul for her Satanic rituals"
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top