Quoted:

Pics of maids not loading.
View Quote
It must be the steam from the shower ..
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 2:31:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Over reacting? No. However, I have to ask, do they really have "high end" maid services in Georgia??? Really? It's not like Georgia is the billionaire capitol of the US. I'm guessing that Bill Gates, Warren Buffet, and Jeff Bezos aren't you're neighbors? But, yes, I'd get rid of them. That's extremely unprofessional maid service behavior. Sounds like they were in the process of stealing, not cleaning. If this was a normal, middle class maid service then I'd give the service another chance to terminate these people and provide trustworthy maids. A high end service would have completed much more expensive and thorough back ground investigations than a regular service that the rest of society can afford.
View Quote

I thought I already read the dumbest thing I was going to read today, and yet, I was wrong.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 2:33:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Real "high end"maid service's business reputation is their life blood and they don't want to lose their "high end" clientele. Rich people tend to talk to each other and if they started complaining about a "high end" service that was stealing form a single one of them, the business would start losing clients like they had the plague. The one's where the owner is pocketing the "difference" aren't high end to begin with. There's no way they'd stay in business very long, because the list of "high end" clients, unlike middle class customers, is a very short list.
View Quote
For the sake of argument: what is your definition of upper class and middle class.  @INV136
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 2:34:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I can't believe you even are asking the question.
View Quote
Reading is for faggots.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 2:35:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Maid service..... I wouldn't trust strangers in my house.
View Quote
This.  Clean your own.  I know of several friends who have been stolen from by MAid services.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 2:35:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
So my wife and I hired a high end maid service. Very costly, supposedly very professional.

They showed up today (the first day) and started cleaning in the master bath. As we were told they would do. My wife wanted them to wear little booties on their shoes in the house since our daughter plays on the floor. About 10 minutes after they got here, my wife went up to take them the booties.

When she got up there, they were in the master bath with the door shut and LOCKED. She said she had to wait at least 1 minute for them to open the door. She said that one of them acted like she was using the bathroom and even asked the other for toilet paper. The only thing is, there WAS toilet paper in the room with the toilet - and the room with the toilet has its own door independent of the master bath area. Why would she be asking for TP, why would the main door be shut and locked?

When they finally opened the door my wife saw one of her bottles of medicine on the counter. A bottle of Concerta that was inside a drawer 10 minutes ago. I think they were rummaging through our drawers looking for meds to steal and forgot to put that one away while they were scrambling. They aren't supposed to clean in the drawers, period. Why the fuck was the medicine on the counter?

I've already called the maid service, I want them out. Just wondering if I'm overreacting or not.
View Quote
I would have immediately fired them.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 2:35:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I thought I already read the dumbest thing I was going to read today, and yet, I was wrong.
View Quote
I don't believe he is a real Texan..
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 2:35:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
You are not overreacting.
View Quote
This
They would be gone immediately...you know exactly what they were doing.

My house cleaners are all immigrants...mostly Russian and Ukrainian, occasional some Spanish speaking folks, not sure where they are from...they know they have a good gig and aren't about to screw it up by being sneaky. They work their asses off and do a great job.....no drama ever. One time one of them accidentally broke something in one of the bathrooms...some small porcelain toothbrush holder...she was absolutely horrified and on the verge of tears. The woman who runs the service wanted to reimburse me, asked if we wanted that cleaner to never come back....you have have thought they set the place on fire or something. I told them to forget it...but the woman was still freaked out. I think they know they are one screw-up away from being out of a job, and so they go way out of their way to provide great service. It pays to have people who NEED the job
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 2:37:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Humble brag thread?  I can't believe he pays people to clean his bathroom...upstairs...with a separate door for the shitter.

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/casper/images/3/30/435170-richie-rich.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20170922045353

Must be nice to have upstairs shitter money to throw around.
View Quote
WTF do you live in?? I have a similar layout, in both bathrooms upstairs. Master bathroom has a 6ft hot tub.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 2:40:16 PM EDT
[#11]
How easy would it have been to replace one of Concerta pills with something like fentanyl (sp?) ?
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 2:42:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

The median income in my area is 330k+.

So yeah. We have lots of high end shit here.
View Quote
The median income in your area is nearly 100K higher than the area with the highest median income in the USA, which has a median income of $243K?

What's it like to have a drinking fountain with Hawaiian Punch in your bedroom?
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 2:42:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I don't believe he is a real Texan..
View Quote
Probably not.  There are over 200,000 "millionaires" in GA, an equal percentage of the population that Texas has, a little over 5%.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 2:44:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Are they undocumented immigrants?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So my wife and I hired a high end maid service. Very costly, supposedly very professional.

They showed up today (the first day) and started cleaning in the master bath. As we were told they would do. My wife wanted them to wear little booties on their shoes in the house since our daughter plays on the floor. About 10 minutes after they got here, my wife went up to take them the booties.

When she got up there, they were in the master bath with the door shut and LOCKED. She said she had to wait at least 1 minute for them to open the door. She said that one of them acted like she was using the bathroom and even asked the other for toilet paper. The only thing is, there WAS toilet paper in the room with the toilet - and the room with the toilet has its own door independent of the master bath area. Why would she be asking for TP, why would the main door be shut and locked?

When they finally opened the door my wife saw one of her bottles of medicine on the counter. A bottle of Concerta that was inside a drawer 10 minutes ago. I think they were rummaging through our drawers looking for meds to steal and forgot to put that one away while they were scrambling. They aren't supposed to clean in the drawers, period. Why the fuck was the medicine on the counter?

I've already called the maid service, I want them out. Just wondering if I'm overreacting or not.

Odds are pointing far towards yes. Lol

Either that or haggard, nasty ol fat white ladies  with yeller teeth. (Tooth?) and bad breath. Oh and face moles.  
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 2:44:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 2:44:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote
You caught them shopping.  Sounds like they were really bad at it too.

I would notify authorities, because I'm sure others are missing meds and belongings.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 2:45:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Has time to search and arrange for maids, babysit maids, post about it on ARF. Doesn't have time to clean the master bath. Surprised when lets strangers into the house and they do strange things.

Thanks for today's entertainment, OP.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 2:47:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
You don't want pics. Truuuuuuust me.

They do NOT look like the pics on their website. Regal maids.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pics of maids not loading.

That would have been the deal breaker.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 2:47:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Over reacting? No. However, I have to ask, do they really have "high end" maid services in Georgia??? Really? It's not like Georgia is the billionaire capitol of the US. I'm guessing that Bill Gates, Warren Buffet, and Jeff Bezos aren't you're neighbors? But, yes, I'd get rid of them. That's extremely unprofessional maid service behavior. Sounds like they were in the process of stealing, not cleaning. If this was a normal, middle class maid service then I'd give the service another chance to terminate these people and provide trustworthy maids. A high end service would have completed much more expensive and thorough back ground investigations than a regular service that the rest of society can afford.

High End there just means they don't wear their "Daisy Dukes" while on the job.  
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 2:47:38 PM EDT
[#20]
The cleaning person disappeared a whole bottle of percocet that my friend had in his kitchen cupboard. I'm sure shit like this is common.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 2:48:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote
Wait, I thought we paid extra for that?
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 2:52:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

The median income in your area is nearly 100K higher than the area with the highest median income in the USA, which has a median income of $243K?

What's it like to have a drinking fountain with Hawaiian Punch in your bedroom?
View Quote
Well "area" and zipcode can be 2 different things.

There are definitely neighborhoods where $245k a year would be the poor people on the block.   Same zip code probably has an average income of $120k a year, but those people are packed in apartments, while the people on Club Dr in Buckhead laugh at them from their 10k sq ft houses.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 2:52:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 2:53:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Lol. Clean your own fucking house. How lazy are you
View Quote
I'd rather spend my time making money.

Go be poor somewhere else.  
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 2:55:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
My wife wanted them to wear little booties on their shoes in the house since our daughter plays on the floor.
View Quote

And this:

Quoted:
I am honestly amazed at some of the daily-life drama that folks here go through and need help sorting out, thinking through, etc....

A.W.D.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 2:59:07 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote
Fuck no he isnt. OP call the fucking cops and get those pillheads deported
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 2:59:39 PM EDT
[#27]
Sounds like you need to find a real high end maid service.  My maids only wear a beater pair of Jimmy Choos we keep around for them.  Lol at "booties," how pedestrian.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 3:01:19 PM EDT
[#28]
FIRED.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 3:02:47 PM EDT
[#29]
OP, I think your sammich maker is broken.  Hope you still have the receipt.

Link Posted: 8/8/2018 3:03:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I am honestly amazed at some of the daily-life drama that folks here go through and need help sorting out, thinking through, etc....

A.W.D.
View Quote
Yep, I think that I could figure it out for myself. Whaddya think, Jethro!
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 3:03:58 PM EDT
[#31]
It's strange that you think you're overreacting.

They would have been immediately thrown out of my house.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 3:03:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I had my primary prescribe me Adderal because I wanted to see if it would help me focus better on research at work. Apparently Adderal and Ritalin are pretty common in the scientific community.

It didn't really help, but it's super useful for road trips if I get tired.  
View Quote
According to my son they are pretty common in the undergraduate community too, around exam time.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 3:05:54 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Wait, I thought we paid extra for that ?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wait, I thought we paid extra for that ?
It comes with the job down here.. maybe costs more in the big city
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 3:09:51 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 3:12:56 PM EDT
[#35]
I'd drop kick them out of my house so fast Bautista would be proud.  Stealing meds is a crime, and so is selling them, which is probably what they planned to do.  I don't need a cop showing up at my door because my prescription was on the street getting some kid high.  They'd be gone and I'd be on the phone with their employer pronto.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 3:14:05 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 3:15:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote
Nope. They were just mid 20s white women.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 3:16:33 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I don't need your help. I've already made my decision and have already asked them to leave.

I was simply asking if I was overreacting or not.
View Quote
Distinction without a difference.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 3:24:56 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't need your help. I've already made my decision and have already asked them to leave.

I was simply asking if I was overreacting or not.
Ok. I honestly don't care. Lol
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 3:27:04 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Sounds like you need to find a real high end maid service.  My maids only wear a beater pair of Jimmy Choos we keep around for them.  Lol at "booties," how pedestrian.
View Quote
The booties went over her red bottoms. And her diamond encrusted omega watch scratched my countertops too!  
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 3:30:29 PM EDT
[#41]
Really?

Page 4?

Link Posted: 8/8/2018 3:35:56 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
The one thing that freaks me out is the wearing booties in the house thing.
That’s the first sign of crazy people.
View Quote
^^This. You and your wife sound like nutjobs for making the maids wear booties.  Seriously crazy. We've used maids for many years and that thought would never cross my mind, and yes we have kids and all play on the floors.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 3:36:59 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Count the pills, call the cops if a single one is missing.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 3:38:10 PM EDT
[#44]
Google image search for "Naughty Maid": hubba hubba!!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 3:38:34 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
^^This. You and your wife sound like nutjobs for making the maids wear booties.  Seriously crazy. We've used maids for many years and that thought would never cross my mind, and yes we have kids and all play on the floors.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bet there's a LOT of meds in that cabinet....................
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 3:41:02 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

A.W.D.
View Quote
And yet, you feel the need to comment and post anyway.

As to the OP, I think you're being more civil than I would have been and aren't overreacting in the least considering the circumstances.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 3:42:17 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hey man, if you're cool with them tracking shit in from other people's homes then fine.

We aren't. Either take your shoes off or wear some little things slipped over your shoes. Simple. No one has ever had a problem with it, and I bet the people that would have a problem with it are the people that will never cross our threshold anyway.

Sorry we triggered you. Lol
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 3:45:58 PM EDT
[#48]
Did the maid service respond to your call yet?
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 3:49:00 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 3:51:01 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Did the maid service respond to your call yet?
View Quote
I can to ask the same question. I am curious as to their reaction.
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top