User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/5/2020 7:29:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'm as big an asshole as you'll find on this site and I hate china as much as the next guy, but as a heathen raised by real Christians, I'm really not going to cheer if millions of people are killed and millions more suffer if that commie built dam breaks.

View Quote
Even if you're completely self-centered... and don't give a shit about millions dying..... it will personally affect everyone.
The supply problems we had due to Covid-19... imagine that several orders of magnitude worse.... and *PERMANENT* until new factories get built.

This is yet more reason why it was stupid for Corporations to depend on *ONE NATION* for the entirety of their supply chain. AT the very least, we need to encourage businesses to start diversifying their supply chains.
Link Posted: 7/5/2020 7:30:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
https://youtu.be/paWbUs93hmM

It looks like China now has its own version of California's Oroville Dam Crisis with the Three Gorges Dam on the Yangze River. It has been raining quite a bit the last few days/weeks causing massive flooding on the river, especially when combined with the kind of massive water releases, some of them not publicized very well, if at all.

In addition to the fake gold fraud, and the Corona Virus, we now have up to 400 million Chinese under flood threat. Finally, one of the major cities that would be impacted if the dam fails would be Wuhan, yeah, THAT WUHAN. A sort of great washing away scenario in the spiritual sense perhaps?
View Quote

May fuck be upon them.
Link Posted: 7/5/2020 7:33:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Its schadenfreude, brought on my the problems caused by the kung flu as well as some really bone headed moves on the part of the ccp.  Its not right, but its human nature and its not so best.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't understand why people here are cheering on the potential death of tens of millions of people.  It really comes across like a bunch of people on here are psychopaths.  It's a pretty bad look for the community, if I'm honest.

I also don't understand how the damn would "bend" like the satellite photos show, without breaking.  Concrete doesn't exactly bend, so I'm more inclined to actually believe this is an issue with the imagery itself.

Its schadenfreude, brought on my the problems caused by the kung flu as well as some really bone headed moves on the part of the ccp.  Its not right, but its human nature and its not so best.
Schadenfreude aside, this would bring real pain on a global scale economically. You likely won't be able to buy new consumer electronics for 2 to 3 years.
Link Posted: 7/5/2020 7:36:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I don't understand why people here are cheering on the potential death of tens of millions of people.  It really comes across like a bunch of people on here are psychopaths.  It's a pretty bad look for the community, if I'm honest.

I also don't understand how the dam would "bend" like the satellite photos show, without breaking.  Concrete doesn't exactly bend, so I'm more inclined to actually believe this is an issue with the imagery itself.
View Quote

It’s part of predictive programming & propaganda preparing for war, combined with the general moral down hill slide the world is suffering.
Link Posted: 7/5/2020 8:02:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Found this from here https://www.scmp.com/news/china/society/article/3017927/no-problem-all-chinas-three-gorges-dam-warping-rumours-denied

Honestly... looking at this image, it *DOES* sort of look like the image is warped for some reason.

Link Posted: 7/5/2020 11:07:14 PM EDT
[#6]

Concrete doesn't bend like that.  Satellite images do.
Link Posted: 7/5/2020 11:52:54 PM EDT
[#7]

Check out my post from page 2 regarding the satellite photos.
Link Posted: 7/6/2020 1:56:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I was thinking it was something like that.

The photo I posted just looks like an extreme example to illustrate how these satellite images don't necessarily reflect reality.

I remember a few years ago... some people engaged in all sorts of conspiracy theories about some parts of Green Land that had a swath of just blacked out areas... in a perfect square. People LITERALLY believed that black square was a HOLE IN THE FUCKING EARTH. A far more likely (but still stupid) theory, implied the area was redacted to hide a secret base smack dab in the middle of Greenland.

Link Posted: 7/6/2020 2:00:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Do they have an old man who says stuff like the dam will not burst ?
Link Posted: 7/6/2020 3:02:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

They will simply say Trump sent the CIA to destroy the dam.
View Quote
Haliburton Weather Machine....
Make it Rain.
Link Posted: 7/12/2020 8:52:47 AM EDT
[#11]
So I guess everything is fine then?
Link Posted: 7/12/2020 9:02:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Schadenfreude aside, this would bring real pain on a global scale economically. You likely won't be able to buy new consumer electronics for 2 to 3 years.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I also don't understand how the damn would "bend" like the satellite photos show, without breaking.  Concrete doesn't exactly bend, so I'm more inclined to actually believe this is an issue with the imagery itself.

Ok
Link Posted: 7/12/2020 9:05:47 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
So I guess everything is fine then?
View Quote
Mosul.  Oroville.  And now Three Gorges.  I keep waiting for a catastrophic dam failure, and keep being disappointed.  
Link Posted: 7/12/2020 10:19:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Looks like 2020 just keeps delivering.   We've got 6 months left......
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/12/2020 7:55:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Have you been to China?  Do you know any Chinese people personally?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Chinese people have been schooled since birth to hate the US.  They are taught that we are out to destroy them.  They would all be drinking coke if it happened to us.

we live and work in a college town.  We have numerous Chinese friends that confirm that.  The same story I heard from Chinese friends when I was in college.  The US is the boogeyman.  Same attitude that our Middle Eastern/Muslim friends have.  

Edit...the same info that I also heard on several programs about China over the years.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 3:52:41 AM EDT
[#16]
The dude that made that presentation lacks critical thinking skills, and experience with google earth.

The pictures taken down the length of the dam show it arrow straight (unless the pictures he implied were current, were file photos).
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 3:55:08 AM EDT
[#17]
Dunno about China, but the rains have been beating everything down for a long time now.  Even here in Jland-  I can trust Japanese engineering standards but Chinese I dunno.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 4:13:16 AM EDT
[#18]

Don't just look at the dam, look at the water flow near it. If there was distortion in the image, it would also appear in the water flow.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 4:22:43 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Not the guy youre responding to, but yes and yes.

Good people. I wasnt treated with any disrespect because Im American. Gracious hosts. They are not what their government is. They may have different beliefs but that doesnt make them evil or bad.
Lots of ignorance in this thread. Im talking about hard working every day people. They dont deserve bad shit. They pretty much have zero say in their government. So many live in poverty or otherwise very undesirable conditions.

When you sit down at a table with them and break bread you find out they are just like you. They want economic security, safety for their family, and peace. Also, good practical jokers. At least the ones I know.

Their government can fuck right off though
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Chinese people have been schooled since birth to hate the US.  They are taught that we are out to destroy them.  They would all be drinking coke if it happened to us.

Not the guy youre responding to, but yes and yes.

Good people. I wasnt treated with any disrespect because Im American. Gracious hosts. They are not what their government is. They may have different beliefs but that doesnt make them evil or bad.
Lots of ignorance in this thread. Im talking about hard working every day people. They dont deserve bad shit. They pretty much have zero say in their government. So many live in poverty or otherwise very undesirable conditions.

When you sit down at a table with them and break bread you find out they are just like you. They want economic security, safety for their family, and peace. Also, good practical jokers. At least the ones I know.

Their government can fuck right off though

+1

I made a lifelong friend with one that was here on a 1 month work visa.  When I drove him to the airport he was in tears and didn't want to go back. He was willing to never see his family and fiancee again if he could just stay. He loved America and Americans.

Link Posted: 7/14/2020 6:35:49 PM EDT
[#20]

So... rain is continuing and now the lake downstream of the Three Gorges Dam (Poyang Lake) is starting to spill over and 500K people have been evacuated... It looks like a big mess.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 6:49:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Soon..

Halliburton weather machine is putting in overtime with the rain in China.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 8:26:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8P32JmX2ZE

So... rain is continuing and now the lake downstream of the Three Gorges Dam (Poyang Lake) is starting to spill over and 500K people have been evacuated... It looks like a big mess.
View Quote

And there’s earthquakes.
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 6:09:29 PM EDT
[#23]
That whole thing is a first class s#%tshow.  I hope China stays ahead on the evacs and doesn't try to save "face" on it.
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 6:11:58 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

well to be honest since most electronics manufacturing has move from Japan and Korea to china, I have noticed a dramatic reduction in quality.  I have lost count how many dvd players I have thrown into the trash because they stopped working and self destructed.  Yet older equipment not made in china functions just as well 20 years later.
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 6:12:46 PM EDT
[#25]

pay not attention, just a glitch in the matrix.
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 6:20:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Circa July 2016.
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 6:48:38 PM EDT
[#27]
I've noticed it's very difficult to tell how many gates are open. Some news reports suggest they pop some open only at night, generating a lot of flooding down stream.
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 6:52:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
IIRC that dam holds enough water back it slightly effected the rotation of the Earth.

I watched a documentary about it and thought "that sounds neat, hope to see it when it's finished" then realized it had already been finished for a couple of years.
View Quote

My parents spent 3 months in China back in the early 1980's and spent quite a bit of time in that area prior to the dam being constructed. Entire ancient cities we submerged once it was completed.
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 7:29:19 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I've noticed it's very difficult to tell how many gates are open. Some news reports suggest they pop some open only at night, generating a lot of flooding down stream.
View Quote

They’re probably trying to hide it.
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 7:44:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 8:48:13 PM EDT
[#31]
What's the food situation looking like in China?  They had the swine ebola porkacalypse 6 months ago with a dash of bird flu, neglect due to sick workers and Wuflu roadblocks killed a lot of stuff, authorities cracked down on some of the weirder snacks, now they have torrential rain and flooding and I'm guessing a lot of crops are being washed away.
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 9:30:54 PM EDT
[#32]
Difficult to comment about dams bursting on your enemies homeland when our allies, the Brits intentionally designed and dropped bombs to to that exact same thing to the Germans in WWII.
Kinda hard to see the fine line somewhere, maybe, in there.
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 9:31:53 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
What's the food situation looking like in China?  They had the swine ebola porkacalypse 6 months ago with a dash of bird flu, neglect due to sick workers and Wuflu roadblocks killed a lot of stuff, authorities cracked down on some of the weirder snacks, now they have torrential rain and flooding and I'm guessing a lot of crops are being washed away.
View Quote

If the rain keeps up and kills all the livestock and crops, long pig might be on the menu.
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 11:28:09 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Difficult to comment about dams bursting on your enemies homeland when our allies, the Brits intentionally designed and dropped bombs to to that exact same thing to the Germans in WWII.
View Quote

The fucks that supposed to even mean?

We dropped a couple nuclear bombs on Japan, too, what of it?
Link Posted: 7/18/2020 12:54:43 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 7/18/2020 5:45:20 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

WWII being a declared state of war between Britain and Germany when they went dam busters versus today when we are not at war with China and their dam possibly collapsing due to the weather might make a bit of difference.
Link Posted: 7/19/2020 11:10:13 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

WWII being a declared state of war between Britain and Germany when they went dam busters versus today when we are not at war with China and their dam possibly collapsing due to the weather might make a bit of difference.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What difference does it make
Link Posted: 7/19/2020 11:36:41 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

In WWII we had to think of a different word for Schadenfreude because it was German and we didn't want to use anything German.  Now it's ok
Link Posted: 7/22/2020 2:48:56 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Let's see how they try to cover this one up. They have been in denial about the dam for a few weeks now.
View Quote

How do you say  " Haliburton Weather Machine " in  Mandarin ?
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top