BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 8
Link Posted: 12/22/2022 9:33:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If I'm coming from a Glock 43X should I get the new Macro or the XL?
View Quote

I had the G43 and G48. I wasn't crazy about the XL as a replacement for either the 43 or 48. Grip was too short to replace the 48 and the slide was too long to replace the 43 so I went with the P365X to replace the 43 and Macro to replace the 48.

The Macro is a tad bigger but the closest grip and overall size wise to the G43X
Link Posted: 12/22/2022 10:23:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

One young cop said who do I think I am and I produce my Intel Community badge and said dude make a decision and women are always mad so at least make yourself happy.
View Quote

They give badges to Intel people??

Is that like a conceal carry badge or bail bondsman badge?
Link Posted: 12/22/2022 8:50:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Just my IC badge I.e. (IC ID card) we call it a badge, I was getting my ID card out for the macro when they saw it so showed it to them.
Link Posted: 12/23/2022 6:17:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Just my IC badge I.e. (IC ID card) we call it a badge, I was getting my ID card out for the macro when they saw it so showed it to them.
View Quote

IC Blue badge? Unless things have changed there's nothing on it that would indicate anything having to do with the IC….it's your photo on a blue plastic card. It would mean nothing to a local cop.
Link Posted: 12/24/2022 1:36:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

IC Blue badge? Unless things have changed there's nothing on it that would indicate anything having to do with the IC….it's your photo on a blue plastic card. It would mean nothing to a local cop.
View Quote

A local cop might ask why a person would have a blue card with just a picture on it.

Or maybe the local cop had another life before he became a local cop.
Link Posted: 12/26/2022 9:48:48 PM EDT
[#6]
I just wanted the macro.  

He asked why I had two IDs and what agency I was in that issued blue badges because I was in a pair of slacks and a sports coat and polo.  

Link Posted: 1/1/2023 7:35:25 AM EDT
[#7]
If anyone is considering adding an RMRcc to their Sig P365 Optics Ready (slide with rear dovetail) or P365 XMacro, I suggest using Nameless Arms. They offer the slide conversion for the RMRcc but you have to send them the slide AND the optic so they can custom fit it.

I received mine back in less than a week and the fit is perfect. They only offer Cerakote for the refinishing but I was ok with that. Seriously, check them out for this service.
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 7:36:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Follow this link to their website and you can see pictures of my Spectre Comp slide fitted with the RMRcc.

https://www.namelessarms.com/product-page/p365-optics-ready-rmrcc-conversion
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 7:39:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
If anyone is considering adding an RMRcc to their Sig P365 Optics Ready (slide with rear dovetail) or P365 XMacro, I suggest using Nameless Arms. They offer the slide conversion for the RMRcc but you have to send them the slide AND the optic so they can custom fit it.

I received mine back in less than a week and the fit is perfect. They only offer Cerakote for the refinishing but I was ok with that. Seriously, check them out for this service.
View Quote

I'm transitioning over to EPS carry from RMR's.
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 7:59:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Has anyone noticed you can not rack a round with one in the chamber and 17 in the mag? My gun hangs up unless there is only 16 in the mag and one in the chamber.. is this normal?
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 8:06:45 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hear good things about those but I am still a Trijicon fan.
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 8:31:39 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I hear good things about those but I am still a Trijicon fan.
View Quote

IMO, the Trijicon RMRs were game changers in their time but simply haven't kept up with technology.

They are robust but I've found the battery life to be lacking as well as having to remove the optic to change the battery.

The main reasons that I'm switching over is the fact the Holosuns are tough and the battery can be changed without removing the sight. The most significant reason though is the enclosed emitter.  That's a game changer.

Being that Trijicon is American made I want to support them but they're expensive and years behind in technology, at least with the RMRs….
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 12:15:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Has anyone noticed you can not rack a round with one in the chamber and 17 in the mag? My gun hangs up unless there is only 16 in the mag and one in the chamber.. is this normal?
View Quote

I don’t have any experience with this in the Macro (I don’t have one) but this happens with my XCompact. It’s the two mags that came with gun with the red followers.

No idea what the cause is.
Link Posted: 1/2/2023 7:54:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

They are robust but I've found the battery life to be lacking as well as having to remove the optic to change the battery.
View Quote

I always hear people talking about having to remove the RMR to change batteries. I’ve been using RMRs since 2013.  I never had to rezero after changing batteries.  I think it’s a non issue.

Oddly enough the only problem I have had with batteries is my 507K x2’s battery door flew out in mid recoil. I lost the screw and gasket. Holosun replaced everything, although I did have to send the sight back to them.  

I’ve been using Trijicon the longest, Holosun and Swampfox the past 3 or so years.  I have no complaints about any of them.
Link Posted: 1/2/2023 11:36:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I don’t have any experience with this in the Macro (I don’t have one) but this happens with my XCompact. It’s the two mags that came with gun with the red followers.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you both able to insert a full mag with the slide closed but chamber empty, and then rack it and chamber a round? How many cycles / rounds have you put through your magazines? It sounds to me like the cause is stiff, new magazine springs that are pushing the rounds up and putting so much pressure on the underside of the slide that it’s causing excessive drag when you attempt to rack it. But if it doesn’t happen with a full magazine when the chamber is empty, not sure why that situation would be different.
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 11:45:17 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Are you both able to insert a full mag with the slide closed but chamber empty, and then rack it and chamber a round? How many cycles / rounds have you put through your magazines? It sounds to me like the cause is stiff, new magazine springs that are pushing the rounds up and putting so much pressure on the underside of the slide that it’s causing excessive drag when you attempt to rack it. But if it doesn’t happen with a full magazine when the chamber is empty, not sure why that situation would be different.
View Quote

I agree, without more info, it's seems to be a magazine break in problem.
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 6:05:29 PM EDT
[#17]
I own about 30 P-365 magazines 10, 12, 15 and all of them are ridiculously stiff until broken in.
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 7:55:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Just saw TT (precious!) makes extensions for the macro mag. I’ve had good luck with his extensions on a few kinds of mags, I imagine this would work as well.

Would be nice to have 21 round reload.
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 5:59:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

I can in fact insert a full mag(17) on an empty chamber, slide down and rack one. No issues. The issue is only when I have a full mag with one in the head. Everything jams up. I can’t remember that happening at the range but I also did not test enough having 17+1 in the gun like it would be carried. I have 250 through the gun.
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 2:49:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Just saw TT (precious!) makes extensions for the macro mag. I’ve had good luck with his extensions on a few kinds of mags, I imagine this would work as well.

View Quote

I bought a couple and I wasn't really impressed. Huge pain to put on the mag, and you couldn't engage the locking pin. They do seem functional.
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 3:03:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I bought a couple and I wasn't really impressed. Huge pain to put on the mag, and you couldn't engage the locking pin. They do seem functional.
View Quote

I’ll buy one set up like that if you want
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 7:59:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

Wait for Magguts to produce their +2 spring upgrade for the 17 rd'r.  Their flat springs provide constant pressure so the last round loads with the same pressure as the first and as far as I can tell from running them on the 10, 12 and 15 round mags they're 100% dependable.  

So you end up with 20 in the gun with zero change in profile.
Link Posted: 1/6/2023 5:06:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Wait for Magguts to produce their +2 spring upgrade for the 17 rd'r.  Their flat springs provide constant pressure so the last round loads with the same pressure as the first and as far as I can tell from running them on the 10, 12 and 15 round mags they're 100% dependable.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Doesn’t the 17rd macro mag already use the spring tech Magguts uses?
Link Posted: 1/6/2023 6:22:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Photos comparison of the 4 versions.  Don't know if it will be an inline change, but the LEO/MIL guns all have a longer slide catch than the Macro.

Link Posted: 1/6/2023 7:39:42 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Hmmm….I don't know…let me look but I hope not. They sure don't load like the 15 rd mags I put the maggut springs in.

edit: Nope, just checked. The 17rd mags use the wire spring, not the folded flat spring ala magguts.
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 5:04:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Hmmm….I don't know…let me look but I hope not. They sure don't load like the 15 rd mags I put the maggut springs in.

edit: Nope, just checked. The 17rd mags use the wire spring, not the folded flat spring ala magguts.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So Magguts may be able to +2 the 17’s? Because if so that’s awesome.
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 9:28:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Got mine yesterday along with the 407k. Range day this week for sure.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 2:06:28 AM EDT
[#28]
Got some quality range time last week with the X-Macro to zero the EPS Carry, and had to zero a few others.

Zeroed the stuff on the table at 15yds:

Then zeroed a few more optics and came back to the X-Macro

The X-Macro did pretty good, more than happy with the performance of the little guy (my low-lefting notwithstanding).  And as usual, it got hotter than hell after three or four magazines (which is why I had to come back to it).  Not something I'd consider an issue for an EDC gun though.

NineX19/G19 had mechanical issues and, well, Glock angle.  The Strike80/Liteslide with Strike Mass Driver meme build, with the cheapest optic I took out, did amazingly well.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 10:45:52 AM EDT
[#29]
What are some holster options for the Macro with a TLR7 Sub?  I'm a Tenicor fanboy, but seems they refuse to make holsters for the 365 series with Sub.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 12:08:44 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
What are some holster options for the Macro with a TLR7 Sub?  I'm a Tenicor fanboy, but seems they refuse to make holsters for the 365 series with Sub.
View Quote

Waiting for Vedder to make a Light Tuck. I believe GBRS will be releasing one too. Those are made by Priority 1.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 12:18:21 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

From personal experience, 4Bros makes a decent 1913 Sub version, just need to ditch the FOMI clip.  :)

Link Posted: 1/16/2023 1:19:32 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

From personal experience, 4Bros makes a decent 1913 Sub version, just need to ditch the FOMI clip.  :)

View Quote

That looks pretty good and looks like I could add DCC clips to it.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 1:44:28 PM EDT
[#33]
Ran my 365X Carry, aka first responder 'Macro', in an unsanctioned match this weekend. Gun ran better than the shooter did. Going to have to find a skinnier double mag pouch as my standard pouch is too lose.  Lot of 10 yard head shots in this match which were no problem.

My only negative was the Holoson 507K 2.  Usable, but a lot of parallax compared to the optics I run. Still want to check out the EPS Carry.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 2:12:17 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's what I did, before migrating it to an Enigma setup (which also uses those DCC holes to mount).
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 2:15:03 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Ran my 365X Carry, aka first responder 'Macro', in an unsanctioned match this weekend. Gun ran better than the shooter did. Going to have to find a skinnier double mag pouch as my standard pouch is too lose.  Lot of 10 yard head shots in this match which were no problem.

My only negative was the Holoson 507K 2.  Usable, but a lot of parallax compared to the optics I run. Still want to check out the EPS Carry.
View Quote

Still a bit of 'lax, but edge distortion that's so noticeable on the 507K/407K (especially during transitions) is not present on the EPS Carry, just better/flatter glass.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 2:17:34 PM EDT
[#36]
I bought two P365X Macros to go along with my XMacro Spectre Comp; one with the comp and one that is an LE non-compensated model. The compensated model has the delayed trigger issue that you can see by looking up Tactical Advisor on YouTube. https://youtu.be/ei90kVQhjm8

I cleaned it, lubed it up, and dry fired it a bunch and it seemed to disappear for awhile. I then swapped my slides around and the issue returned. Swapped slides back and yet again, the delay returned testing both new slides. The issue seems to be the FCU that came with my compensated pistol as all other slides and FCUs I have work fine. I will admit they are only a week old and I have not shot them yet.

I called Sig today and the guy told me they are test fired at Sig and to put some rounds through it to break it in and if I continue to have problems to let them know so I can return it.

What do you guys think about this?
Would you trust shooting this to “break it in”?
I do have a short video of my issue if someone can post it or wants to see it. (I don’t know how to post it here).
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 2:18:08 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Still a bit of 'lax, but edge distortion that's so noticeable on the 507K/407K (especially during transitions) is not present on the EPS Carry, just better/flatter glass.
View Quote

I've noticed this as well, the glass on my EPS Carry is a huge upgrade and probably worth it alone.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 2:58:36 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I bought two P365X Macros to go along with my XMacro Spectre Comp; one with the comp and one that is an LE non-compensated model. The compensated model has the delayed trigger issue that you can see by looking up Tactical Advisor on YouTube. https://youtu.be/ei90kVQhjm8

I cleaned it, lubed it up, and dry fired it a bunch and it seemed to disappear for awhile. I then swapped my slides around and the issue returned. Swapped slides back and yet again, the delay returned testing both new slides. The issue seems to be the FCU that came with my compensated pistol as all other slides and FCUs I have work fine. I will admit they are only a week old and I have not shot them yet.

I called Sig today and the guy told me they are test fired at Sig and to put some rounds through it to break it in and if I continue to have problems to let them know so I can return it.

Would you trust shooting this to “break it in”?
I do have a short video of my issue if someone can post it or wants to see it. (I don’t know how to post it here).
View Quote

I would tell them to fix it.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 3:15:55 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Would you trust shooting this to "break it in"?
I do have a short video of my issue if someone can post it or wants to see it. (I don't know how to post it here).
View Quote

Go run some rounds through them.
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 9:33:09 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 10:54:07 AM EDT
[#41]
I can haz homemade Macro?

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/2/2023 10:24:37 AM EDT
[#42]
Quick update on my FCU/trigger issue is that Sig sent me a return authorization and they are replacing the entire FCU. I have no idea what the issue was with the current FCU but shooting it to break it in was not the correct answer I initially got from Sig.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 10:44:44 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Waiting for Vedder to make a Light Tuck. I believe GBRS will be releasing one too. Those are made by Priority 1.
View Quote
I have a Blackpoint tactical mini wing for my P365 w/TLR7
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 4:45:56 PM EDT
[#44]
Just bought a Macro yesterday and shot about 35 rounds in it today. Flawless function!
Ordered a EPS Carry to go on it. I need a couple more mags and a light on it.

I like this gun so far!

-ZA
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 5:01:20 PM EDT
[#45]
m zeroed at 10 yards and my windage is nearly maxed out running an xmacro and 407k. anyone have something similar?

i bought my slide/frame with no FCU so not sure if sig will even look at it under warranty?
Link Posted: 2/7/2023 7:38:48 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
m zeroed at 10 yards and my windage is nearly maxed out running an xmacro and 407k. anyone have something similar?

i bought my slide/frame with no FCU so not sure if sig will even look at it under warranty?
View Quote

If something is off that much, you might want to remove your optic and remount it. There might be something in the mounting area that you can’t see.  

Link Posted: 2/7/2023 10:06:07 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You guys looking for TLR-7 sub and Optics holster options might look at this bunch. I have one of their Holsters for a P-365 XL with Swampfox Sentinal and TLR-7 Sub.

Werkz Holsters.
Link Posted: 2/7/2023 9:38:45 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Just bought a Macro yesterday and shot about 35 rounds in it today. Flawless function!
Ordered a EPS Carry to go on it. I need a couple more mags and a light on it.

I like this gun so far!

-ZA
View Quote

If you're getting a light, might I recommend the TLR-7 Sub 1913, and get the replacement key from Tactical Development that lets it mount closer to the trigger guard.  Most of the "good" holsters for the X-Macro are setup for the 1913 Sub.
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 11:25:36 AM EDT
[#49]
Mischief Machine aluminum X-Macro Commander grip module arrived yesterday.  I'm very, VERY (did I mention VERY) happy with this module so far.  Build is flawless, fits great, points naturally, looks awesome.

It also shipped with a palm swell backstrap, but since the grip is thicker on the sides than a stock X-Macro, I prefer the flush backstrap, gives me about the same trigger placement.  They'll be rolling this style out for the XL size as well.
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 12:59:04 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

If you're getting a light, might I recommend the TLR-7 Sub 1913, and get the replacement key from Tactical Development that lets it mount closer to the trigger guard.  Most of the "good" holsters for the X-Macro are setup for the 1913 Sub.
View Quote

That's the one I ordered. What's the replacement key all about? Got a link?

-ZA
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top