Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 8
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 10:58:35 PM EDT
[#1]
What ammo did you try? 115gr range ammo? No, not much of a difference that I could tell. 124gr +P? very noticeable difference IMO.
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 3:29:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What ammo did you try? 115gr range ammo? No, not much of a difference that I could tell. 124gr +P? very noticeable difference IMO.
View Quote

124s loaded fairly hot (4.1gr TG). This is ammo that I use on other compensated guns and there is a very real difference.
Link Posted: 12/3/2022 3:13:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/4/2022 5:58:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Picked up my macro today.

Anyone have a line on the 17 round macro magazines? they all seem to be OOS?
View Quote

I got lucky and scored 4 from Primary Arms last week for $44 each.  Sign up for in stock alerts with your favorite vendor, and SIG's website.  

SIG rarely discounts mags, but they do have free shipping for $100+ orders.

ETA: Obligatory Macro picture.  Modded for a manual safety FCU from my X, and then Alumahyde OD green to cover up the work.  My Macro FCU is still in the original grip module.

Link Posted: 12/4/2022 11:56:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Picked up my macro today.

Anyone have a line on the 17 round macro magazines? they all seem to be OOS?
View Quote

They don’t show them in stock on the web but if you have a Scheels near you, they may have them.

The one here has a huge display of them for $50 each.
Link Posted: 12/4/2022 12:27:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

124s loaded fairly hot (4.1gr TG). This is ammo that I use on other compensated guns and there is a very real difference.
View Quote

This is a important point and consideration. Not all 9mm powders have the same effects.  Slower vs faster.  (TG vs Silhouette)
Compensator optimized ammo is real and hopefully Federal or Sig will offer some that can be tested.
I want to put a x-macro upper on a regular lower and also have a full sized x-macro for the SO.  

Maybe we need to ask "Shooting the bull" to test different ammo in the x-macro. I guess it would be difficult to quantify the compensation effect.
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 9:40:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
This is a important point and consideration. Not all 9mm powders have the same effects.  Slower vs faster.  (TG vs Silhouette)
Compensator optimized ammo is real and hopefully Federal or Sig will offer some that can be tested.
I want to put a x-macro upper on a regular lower and also have a full sized x-macro for the SO.  

Maybe we need to ask "Shooting the bull" to test different ammo in the x-macro. I guess it would be difficult to quantify the compensation effect.
View Quote

Titegroup and Silhouette are almost next to each other on a powder burn chart. While I don't necessarily disagree that different powders may have interesting effects, it'd be a heck of a thing to claim TG won't produce enough pressure to utilize a compensator.

I run other platforms (2011s and Glocks, in this case) and do back-to-back tests comp'd and non-comp'd, and the difference is very obvious with this ammo I'm using. The P365X Macro slide-comp-thing does not do very much. Others may disagree, but I've seen very few people do a back-to-back comparison of the PMM comp, XMacro slide-comp, and standard P365 slide.
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 11:38:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Titegroup and Silhouette are almost next to each other on a powder burn chart. While I don't necessarily disagree that different powders may have interesting effects, it'd be a heck of a thing to claim TG won't produce enough pressure to utilize a compensator.

I run other platforms (2011s and Glocks, in this case) and do back-to-back tests comp'd and non-comp'd, and the difference is very obvious with this ammo I'm using. The P365X Macro slide-comp-thing does not do very much. Others may disagree, but I've seen very few people do a back-to-back comparison of the PMM comp, XMacro slide-comp, and standard P365 slide.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Roger Barrera test of PMM vs Spectre Comp
Link Posted: 12/6/2022 1:41:35 PM EDT
[#9]
I’ll agree the comp doesn’t make a huge difference. It’s there, but with cheap practice ammo it’s negligible.

With +p 115 grain loads it’s more noticeable.  shooting it next to my G19 and standard 365 subcompact the felt recoil isn’t exactly less but it settles back to on target faster if that makes sense.

Need to get a timer and see what my splits look like.

Honestly a non compensated with a longer barrel would be fine too. Not enough that I plan to swap it out, but probably not a huge difference.

It’s 9mm. I’m not really recoil sensitive so maybe it’s more pronounced if you are.
Link Posted: 12/10/2022 9:38:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Glock store has P365 X-Macro magazines in stock if anybody is interested. $59.99
Link Posted: 12/10/2022 10:02:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Honestly a non compensated with a longer barrel would be fine too.
View Quote

Looks like that version is imminent. The LE version that Proven Arms just added to their website is non-compensated with a 3.7" barrel (vs. the 3.1" on the compensated MACRO).

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/10/2022 10:32:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Looks like that version is imminent. The LE version that Proven Arms just added to their website is non-compensated with a 3.7" barrel (vs. the 3.1" on the compensated MACRO).

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/27888/SIG-W365XCA-9-BXR3RXZPSNS_jpg-2631113.JPG
View Quote

This is what I have been waiting for. I want a non-compensated Macro. There it is.
Link Posted: 12/10/2022 10:49:31 PM EDT
[#13]
I have some reloads with 130gr Montana Golds that make 130PF for USPSA Minor PF that I use 4.5gr VV N320. Runs great in my Macro and in the X that I swapped my P365XL slide/barrel and FCU into the Macro's grip module.  I love the gun.
With Oregon's BS M114 mag ban, I can't find any 10rd mags for it, guess I'll have to buy some 10rd Glock 19 mags if the courts don't toss it.
Link Posted: 12/10/2022 10:50:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

This is what I have been waiting for. I want a non-compensated Macro. There it is.
View Quote

They're selling the module. You can swap the XL slide assembly and the FCU to it. I have one.
Link Posted: 12/11/2022 1:21:07 AM EDT
[#15]
My SIG dealer should have the non comped models in a week or two. It also ships with 3 mags. Can't wait!
Link Posted: 12/11/2022 9:55:59 AM EDT
[#16]
is there a model number for this model ?
Link Posted: 12/11/2022 10:59:06 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
is there a model number for this model ?
View Quote

W365XCA-9-BXR3RXZPSNS

Also, notice the suppressor-height sights, provision for a manual safety (a rectangle of thinner material so the regular safety will have clearance) and the magwell?
Link Posted: 12/11/2022 11:27:03 AM EDT
[#18]
There are 3 models for first responders, that one w/ the tall sights, one with regular height sights, and the RomeoZero Elite mounted version.  Gee, is that a magwell too?
Link Posted: 12/11/2022 12:54:42 PM EDT
[#19]
They should give all X-Macro buyers a coupon for a extra mag. There is no reason why they couldn’t have given us 3 mags with the X-Macro
Link Posted: 12/11/2022 1:48:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
They should give all X-Macro buyers a coupon for a extra mag. There is no reason why they couldn’t have given us 3 mags with the X-Macro
View Quote

All SIG LE guns come with 3 mags. And all civilian guns come with 2(except for tacops.) It’s been this way since like… 1989.
Link Posted: 12/11/2022 2:15:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Why? Don't most guns come with two?
Link Posted: 12/11/2022 5:08:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Anyone else want a hybrid frame with Macro rail and XL magazine compatible grip, without the weight and cost of an aftermarket Aluminum frame?
Link Posted: 12/11/2022 5:13:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Anyone else want a hybrid frame with Macro rail and XL magazine compatible grip, without the weight and cost of an aftermarket Aluminum frame?
View Quote

It'd sell.  I use my Macro slide in an XL grip when at work, since I have to tuck my shirt in and the 17rd tends to print.  In street clothes, it's the full grip module though.
Link Posted: 12/11/2022 5:25:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/27888/SIG-W365XCA-9-BXR3RXZPSNS_jpg-2631113.JPG
View Quote

@jafrush

this is interesting.
Link Posted: 12/11/2022 7:14:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

It'd sell.  I use my Macro slide in an XL grip when at work, since I have to tuck my shirt in and the 17rd tends to print.  In street clothes, it's the full grip module though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mag sleeves would eliminate the need to change frames and the XL frame is long enough to not get pinched.
Link Posted: 12/11/2022 9:05:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

What is keeping you from chopping a Macro grip down?

Link Posted: 12/11/2022 9:11:55 PM EDT
[#27]
So I take it these are first responder only? Pretty whack others will have to wait for a practical xmacro model.

Eventually I will convert my XL to a macro.

Link Posted: 12/11/2022 9:28:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
So I take it these are first responder only? Pretty whack others will have to wait for a practical xmacro model.
View Quote

I thought this sounded like he was referring to a normal civilian model, but I could have misinterpreted it:

Quoted:
My SIG dealer should have the non comped models in a week or two. It also ships with 3 mags. Can't wait!
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/11/2022 9:44:01 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I thought this sounded like he was referring to a normal civilian model, but I could have misinterpreted it:

View Quote

Sorry, I was talking about the LE model.
Link Posted: 12/11/2022 11:01:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

They're selling the module. You can swap the XL slide assembly and the FCU to it. I have one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh, I know. But that’s not what I want. If they can sell a non-ported (XL) slide on a Macro grip module from the factory I’m in. Otherwise it would be cheaper just to custom’s build what I actually want instead of buying a XL and then try to find a Macro grip and mags.
Link Posted: 12/12/2022 7:43:10 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

What is keeping you from chopping a Macro grip down?

View Quote

That's the plan!
Link Posted: 12/13/2022 7:56:51 PM EDT
[#32]
Waiting for Wilson to offer this.

Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/13/2022 10:00:12 PM EDT
[#33]
Being that I’m in a mag ban state now, would 15 round mags work in the macro?
Link Posted: 12/14/2022 7:05:52 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes so the a cut down or the shorter grip spacer. I’ve seen pics on Reddit.

Might be cheaper/easier to get an Icarus grip (full real rail, regular length) and some mag guts. 14+1 and much shorter than the 15 round mag.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/14/2022 9:06:50 AM EDT
[#35]
If I'm coming from a Glock 43X should I get the new Macro or the XL?

I handled the Macro at my local SIG dealer and honestly I love the grip. Just not sure I want the extra dimensions over the 43X.
Link Posted: 12/14/2022 11:45:19 AM EDT
[#36]
Glocks come with 3 mags
Link Posted: 12/14/2022 1:39:45 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
If I'm coming from a Glock 43X should I get the new Macro or the XL?

I handled the Macro at my local SIG dealer and honestly I love the grip. Just not sure I want the extra dimensions over the 43X.
View Quote

Unless you want the compensated slide I say get the XL and a Macro 17 round mag. See how the XL grip conceals vs the length when you add the Macro mag. Swap in the Macro grip if the length works.

You can also try the Wilson XL grip for a little wider, fuller grip without being longer.
Link Posted: 12/14/2022 1:41:57 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Unless you want the compensated slide I say get the XL and a Macro 17 round mag. See how the XL grip conceals vs the length when you add the Macro mag. Swap in the Macro grip if the length works.

You can also try the Wilson XL grip for a little wider, fuller grip without being longer.
View Quote

The Wilson grip was also one of my considerations if I was getting an XL. I'll have to swing back in and see if they have an XL on hand. I don't think they did when I was there.
Link Posted: 12/14/2022 4:15:29 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Might be cheaper/easier to get an Icarus grip (full real rail, regular length) and some mag guts. 14+1 and much shorter than the 15 round mag.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/455820/9AB2D61B-40EC-4AF5-8AB9-38904ED3D936_jpe-2634634.JPG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/455820/9AB2D61B-40EC-4AF5-8AB9-38904ED3D936_jpe-2634634.JPG

How much was the grip? I might pick one up. That looks pretty sweet.
Link Posted: 12/14/2022 6:00:48 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

How much was the grip? I might pick one up. That looks pretty sweet.
View Quote

I bought used so not the $280 it goes for new. I really like it snd it’s worth full price.  

I also own ivory 1911 grips so my purchases are not always rational
Link Posted: 12/14/2022 9:02:49 PM EDT
[#41]
I have the XL with Wilson grip module and I really like it. I also bought the Macro grip module for about $60 to try. It feels great but is slightly less concealable. In 2 minutes you can swap your FCU and slide from one module to the other. The only bummer for me is that the TLR-7 Sub on my XL will not fit the Macro. I will need to buy an additional TLR-7 Sub 1913 for the Macro.

Here's a pic of the XL.
Attachment Attached File

Here's a pic of the Macro with the light mocked up.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/15/2022 6:52:02 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I have the XL with Wilson grip module and I really like it. I also bought the Macro grip module for about $60 to try. It feels great but is slightly less concealable. In 2 minutes you can swap your FCU and slide from one module to the other. The only bummer for me is that the TLR-7 Sub on my XL will not fit the Macro. I will need to buy an additional TLR-7 Sub 1913 for the Macro.

Here's a pic of the XL.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/241166/20221105_164448_jpg-2635431.JPG

Here's a pic of the Macro with the light mocked up.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/241166/20221127_164208_jpg-2635429.JPG

View Quote

I wonder if there’s a way to switch the Sig adapter on the Trl 7sub to a pic one. I’ll be pretty bored at work today and will check into it.
Link Posted: 12/19/2022 11:28:02 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Seems like the best holster options make one for the gun with a TLR7a but nobody makes one for the gun with a TLR 7 sub.

View Quote

Here...

https://fourbrothersinc.com/
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 11:06:55 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 12:02:30 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

For anyone that is asking the LE/MIL models DO NOT come with the compensated slide. They do come with full slide, 3.7" barrel, (3) 17rd magazines and a removable magazine well. One model comes with Suppressor Height Sights, (1) with standard Xray3 Day Night Sights. Currently the Suppressor Height Sights are on back order (our initial batch has sold out, can be ordered and we would not charge until the firearm arrived to be shipped out to your FFL), the Xray3 standard sights are in stock.

Save 10% off our Website Prices*
Use Coupon Code AR15COM
when checking out!
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/484674/Poven-Arms-Outfitters_Logo_RGB_AR15Avata-1416724.png

Proven Arms & Outfitters

Phone: 910.637.0500
Email: [email protected]
(*Excludes firearms, SIG Products and clearance/already discounted items and combos)
View Quote

Any idea if or when Sig is going to add the compensated slide XMACRO version to the LE/MIL price list?

@ProvenArmsOutfitters

Link Posted: 12/20/2022 1:27:48 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 9:31:32 AM EDT
[#47]
I got one of the new suppressor sighted macros yesterday a little cheaper than provenoutfitters and also bought 15 extra 17 round mags.  They are cheaper than what is on the Sig website.  

I didn’t really care for the 4 cops that could not make a decision on the Macro so after they put it back in the case went up said I’ll take it and handed them my card and creds and bought the last one while the local cops were trying to figure out if their wife would kill them.  It’s a tax right off.

One young cop said who do I think I am and I produce my Intel Community badge and said dude make a decision and women are always mad so at least make yourself happy.

I still have a standard macro paid for and on order and another 6 mags.

Only thing I wish is that it came with a threaded barrel to run my surefire Ryder 9.  Time to find a holster and a threaded barrel.  Friend Jack always says blackpoint tactical but I don’t like the mini wing.  

I’m still carrying my P365xl because it’s what I have issued to me or a Glock 19.
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 11:04:02 AM EDT
[#48]
If someone's willing to order one of those non-comped macros for me (W365XCA-9-BXR3-RX), please send me an IM

I'm too impatient, just ordered a comped version
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 7:17:54 PM EDT
[#49]
W/ RomeoZero Elite and the magwell.  Not bad.

Link Posted: 12/21/2022 8:50:31 PM EDT
[#50]
Is there anywhere with mags in stock?
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top