Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/29/2012 9:12:54 AM EDT
[#1]
I'd suggest you rent these guns before purchasing. The LC9 and PF9 are light and great to carry but their triggers leave much to be desired. I've own 2 PF9s and the second one had slide peening issues and an out of spec grip. I've shot an LC9 enough to know it's a slightly refined PF9. KT guns rate the life of their firearms to only last a few thousand rounds.

If your only concern is lightweight and not shootability then get either one. If you want shootability, keep the G26. My suggestion would be the Shield since it's a slim 9mm that can be shot all day. A mere 19 ounces feels like nothing at all if you have a decent belt and holster.
Link Posted: 5/30/2012 8:23:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I have the PM9 and it is one weapon that will not be traded because something new comes out. Not one issue since purchase, and for a pistol this size is as very accurate.
Link Posted: 6/1/2012 10:24:40 AM EDT
[#3]
solution looking for a problem

i dont see why the G26 doesnt work

that said, if you want a lighter 9mm, i'd look to a khar or SW shield
Link Posted: 6/1/2012 10:49:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I agree 100%
Link Posted: 6/2/2012 4:39:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Take a serious look at the Bersa BP9 as well. Bersa may be on the inexpensive side, but in my experience, not on the 'cheap' side. The BP9 seems like the answer to those looking for a single stack 9mm Glock and the trigger is supposed to be very good with a positive and short reset.
Link Posted: 6/2/2012 3:22:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Looking for a small 9mm myself, and it's down to the Shield or a Glock 26
Link Posted: 6/2/2012 5:44:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree 100%

When too thick is too thick... it's too thick.

If you NEVER need to tuck your shirt into pants that cannot be loose, then it's likely you will never understand it.

There are plenty of higher profile professionals out there who do understand this.  They'd rather have something more than a five shot revolver and there are solid, non-traditional duty belt carry methods available to accomplish this.

What I find peculiar, is that most here understand that, for some, there is a time for a slim J-Frame... yet they don't understand the need for less conspicuous duty caliber semi-auto.

Link Posted: 6/2/2012 6:30:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree 100%

If you NEVER need to tuck your shirt into pants that cannot be loose, then it's likely you will never understand it.

There are plenty of higher profile professionals out there who do understand this.  They'd rather have something more than a five shot revolver and there are solid, non-traditional duty belt carry methods available to accomplish this.

What I find peculiar, is that most here understand that, for some, there is a time for a slim J-Frame... yet they don't understand the need for less conspicuous duty caliber semi-auto.

I have to dress like a higher profile professional.

I carry a Glock 19.

Sometimes it looks like I have a very weird boner, but it works IWB just fine.
Link Posted: 6/2/2012 6:50:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree 100%

I carry a Glock 19.

Is it ok if I don't want to look like I have a weird boner?

Also.  You do recognize that others know IWB isn't absolute concealment, right?

Link Posted: 6/2/2012 7:45:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree 100%

I carry a Glock 19.

for me it is.  tuck your shirt in over it.  bam! maximum concealment.  Need to shoot someone?  Pull your shirt up with weak hand, draw, shoot.

why do I have to think of everything?

why do you have an issue with boners?Everybody gets them.  Even weird ones.
Link Posted: 6/2/2012 7:50:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree 100%

I carry a Glock 19.

for me it is.  tuck your shirt in over it.  bam! maximum concealment.  Need to shoot someone?  Pull your shirt up with weak hand, draw, shoot.

Ok.  Now I know you can't be taken seriously if you really believe what works for you MUST work for everyone.

You are now on the 'purely entertainment" list.

Congratulations.  

Link Posted: 6/2/2012 7:57:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree 100%

I carry a Glock 19.

Ok.  Now I know you can't be taken seriously if you really believe what works for you MUST work for everyone.

You are now on the 'purely entertainment" list.

Congratulations.  

No. you are right.  Some people might choose "THUNDERWEAR" as the best option for them.  Now you still look like you have a boner, just a less weird one.

You can also use a fanny-pack.  Just tell everyone it's a mini-defibulator.  Trust me.  This works.
Link Posted: 6/2/2012 8:32:32 PM EDT
[#13]
hmmm...  That doesn't look like a Glock.... or something that could have a boner w/o it being a strap on or inserted into you...

You may have more issues than you're letting on Daniel.
( I won't quote your post so feel free to change it. )

I get away with an M&P 9c in a customized smartcarry or a new, customized 3Speed.... 99% of the time.

When I can't, like with my tailored suit - I must switch to my J-Frame or not carry.  Fanny packs have many of the same less-thatn-ideal issues as purse carry, IMO, and I won't use them.  It's either on me, in a safe, or otherwise locked in an un-fire-able ( ) condition.

I have another few months of watching how things go with the Shield and it will likely replace the J-Frame for that 1%.

Link Posted: 6/3/2012 3:04:18 AM EDT
[#14]
When I dress professionally, I have pulled off tucked over IWB carry many times. But I don't like it. I'm skinny, and to anyone paying attention, there's definitely a weird bulge going on in your pants (for me, at 4:00).

I've owned J-frames and am somewhat okay with them for pocket carry. Really, I don't like pocket carry at all but I know a lot of people do it. And I can't carry a J-frame for work purposes, so they're out.

My solution for these times is ankle carry (G27). Once you get used to it, it's not uncomfortable. Obviously the biggest limitation is how quickly you can access your weapon, but if it's between that and not carrying at all...

Flatulence, do you consider ankle carry an option for you? Some don't, I'm just curious.
Link Posted: 6/3/2012 4:25:08 AM EDT
[#15]
I have an ankle holster. It's fine I guess but doesn't work for shorts and I don't care for the draw and comfort compared to the customized 3speed and smartcarry.

That's just me though.
Link Posted: 6/3/2012 4:31:20 AM EDT
[#16]

I wear a suit most days, and want to be able to take my jacket off without thinking twice, so I carry a PM9 in my front pocket.  Works like a charm.  It was flawless before I sent it to Actions by T, but since it is my everyday carry I figured why not get it fine tuned.  I have plenty of GLOCKS, but I do not always have one on me.  

Link Posted: 6/3/2012 5:46:40 AM EDT
[#17]
You want a double stack magazine gun that would rule out a Kahr in my opinion.  Glock or M&P.
Link Posted: 6/3/2012 8:31:32 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Kahr PM9

He asked for a reliable gun.

OP. the answer is G26.

The ironic thing is that the average Kahr is probably more reliable than a NEW Glock.

Yes, I speak from personal experience

So am I.  Kahr is a finnicky mess.  Takes semi-auto reliability back about 40 years.

Meh, my CM9 has been flawless.  I really want a G26, but no way am I buying a new one.  I'm trying to track down a pre 2010 model.

Just buy a new one.  They are fine
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 8:10:22 PM EDT
[#19]
SIG 938.  Can't believe no one said this one yet.
Link Posted: 7/6/2012 5:56:32 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Kahr PM9

He asked for a reliable gun.

OP. the answer is G26.

The ironic thing is that the average Kahr is probably more reliable than a NEW Glock.

Yes, I speak from personal experience

So am I.  Kahr is a finnicky mess.  Takes semi-auto reliability back about 40 years.

Meh, my CM9 has been flawless.  I really want a G26, but no way am I buying a new one.  I'm trying to track down a pre 2010 model.

Lucky for me cause i bought my my g19 new in 2011 and have no issues at all. thank god.

OP i suggest the pm9 also it just needs a lil break in period i believe.
Link Posted: 7/7/2012 3:24:16 AM EDT
[#21]
I've Had nothing but problems with my CM9.  Failure to feeds and failure to go in to battery (unrelated to each other) as well as a cracked mag.  The mags seem to be made out of pot metal.  Its been back to the factory twice.  I guess it runs well enough now, but I have lost faith in it and would rather put the 500+ rounds of ammo it would take to make me trust it again though my other guns.  I will most likely sell it or trade away.

The lightest 9mm I own that is reliable is my glock 26.

I might give another brand single stack 9 a go when I get rid of the cm9.  It seems like most everyone is coming out with one... besides glock that is
Link Posted: 7/7/2012 3:40:06 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
M&P Shield.  cant believe how much I like shooting this pistol.  Great concealed carry and its a shooter.

I don't understand most of you guys.  I asked for the lightest reliable 9mm pistol.  The Shield is as heavy as the G26 and M&P9C.  I am looking for a pistol to be really light like as light as a revolver but shoot 9mm because I dont want to get into another caliber.

You could get a J frame 9mm.  Taurus makes one and S&W use to.  You can also get a smith converted to 9mm.
Link Posted: 7/7/2012 6:01:01 AM EDT
[#23]
A friend bought a DB9, it is slightly smaller and lighter than my PM9.  Time will tell about reliability.  

The CM9 is a budget version of the PM9, so consider the differences in price and features (extra machining on slide, conventional v polygonal barrel rifling) before deciding.  

Carrying a spare Kahr mag will probably require a polymer mag pouch.  They make them for belt and pocket carry.  Leather will not definitely hold the rounds in, and throwing one or two loose in your pocket is not going to work.  

Link Posted: 7/7/2012 7:36:05 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I would take a serious look at the new M&P Shield. It is a very nice subcompact, it is very thin yet very easy to shoot well. I'm a Glock shooter but have no reservations about recommending the Shield. I haven't had a single malfunction and have run the gun hard. It is very accurate, small, lightweight, has a good trigger, great ergo's, serviceable sights out of the box and offers 8 or 9 rounds of 9mm. Pistol has a lot going for it.

I also think it would make an excellent pistol for a female shooter.

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t5/d90king/66753fd7.jpg

This is what I would pick. My M&P40c has 700+ without a problem. It's easy recoiling with 10+1 capacity. The Shield in 9mm would recoil even lighter...
Link Posted: 7/8/2012 5:06:42 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I would take a serious look at the new M&P Shield. It is a very nice subcompact, it is very thin yet very easy to shoot well. I'm a Glock shooter but have no reservations about recommending the Shield. I haven't had a single malfunction and have run the gun hard. It is very accurate, small, lightweight, has a good trigger, great ergo's, serviceable sights out of the box and offers 8 or 9 rounds of 9mm. Pistol has a lot going for it.

I also think it would make an excellent pistol for a female shooter.

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t5/d90king/66753fd7.jpg

Of all the pistols I own and even the ones I don't own that my wife has shot, she likes the Shield the best. So much so that I might have to buy another for me...

ben
Link Posted: 7/8/2012 5:46:00 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
http://i40.tinypic.com/11gu6gl.jpghttp://i45.tinypic.com/35d28ep.jpg
I wear a suit most days, and want to be able to take my jacket off without thinking twice, so I carry a PM9 in my front pocket.  Works like a charm.  It was flawless before I sent it to Actions by T, but since it is my everyday carry I figured why not get it fine tuned.  I have plenty of GLOCKS, but I do not always have one on me.  

Love it
Link Posted: 7/15/2012 5:56:31 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Walther PPS. Mags are too expensive though.

+1. I just got one and so far zero failures. I've read lots of reviews with other people who have had them longer and have had no issues. 21.3 oz with the mag. Mine came with a 7 rd and an 8 rd mag. Spares are $45 though
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top