Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
G19 in the SF communities. (Page 20 of 36)
Page / 36
Link Posted: 9/20/2021 10:15:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Shouldnt post while attempting to cook dinner

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 9/21/2021 12:50:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By LsuJon:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/316069/E37D070E-CB9F-4BD5-B459-0360960C13E0_jpe-2098874.JPG
View Quote

I have been trying to get one of those polymer magwell forever; any idea where they are sourcing them?  I can find the g17 model but nothing for the 19
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 1:00:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Combat_Diver] [#3]
Originally Posted By MRW:
@Combat_Diver

I have a mind to try to make one of these.  Is the material elastic, or just nylon?  I think it would need to be elastic to secure the pistol.

Is this a similar material?
www.amazon.com/dp/B019ZMUX4Q
View Quote

@MRW sorry for the delay.

Mine are made out of nylon.  Guess you can use elastic and not sew on the velcro, but the keepers shift on the belt to accommodate different sizes.

CD
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 5:50:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 9:18:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By gmbackus:

I have been trying to get one of those polymer magwell forever; any idea where they are sourcing them?  I can find the g17 model but nothing for the 19
View Quote

Which model/brand?
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 9:49:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By hypersport750:

Which model/brand?
View Quote

Not sure of the actual maker, the original 17 sized ones were marketed under Rogers brand, then a bunch popped up under the presume brand in both a 17 and 19 size; after that a whole bunch of sellers had their own, but again not sure who actually makes them

You can still find the g3 17/22/etc one under the presume name butthe g3 19 seems unobtanium
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 8:22:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: hypersport750] [#7]

Not sure of the actual maker, the original 17 sized ones were marketed under Rogers brand, then a bunch popped up under the presume brand in both a 17 and 19 size; after that a whole bunch of sellers had their own, but again not sure who actually makes them

You can still find the g3 17/22/etc one under the presume name butthe g3 19 seems unobtanium
View Quote

I know this is out of stock, but it's this brand?

Prezine Magwell
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 8:29:27 PM EDT
[#8]

I know this is out of stock, but it's this brand?

Prezine Magwell
View Quote

More like discontinued, it’s been out of stock for like 3 years
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 8:37:50 PM EDT
[#9]

More like discontinued, it’s been out of stock for like 3 years
View Quote

Brownells has the Gen 3 17 ones in stock. NDZ makes one very similar in style. but
out of stock as well.
Link Posted: 9/22/2021 12:29:10 AM EDT
[#10]

Brownells has the Gen 3 17 ones in stock. NDZ makes one very similar in style. but
out of stock as well.
View Quote

They are all made by the same company; I’m wondering if the 2 in the above photo are actually 17 magwell because they don’t look like the fit well on the front lip.  May have to give a 17 sized one a shot
Link Posted: 9/22/2021 7:09:03 AM EDT
[#11]

They are all made by the same company; I’m wondering if the 2 in the above photo are actually 17 magwell because they don’t look like the fit well on the front lip.  May have to give a 17 sized one a shot
View Quote

I ordered one from brownells for my G22 RTF with a grip force beaver tail also.  I could check on my G23 Gen 3 to see if the fit is like that.
Link Posted: 9/22/2021 10:05:34 AM EDT
[#12]

I ordered one from brownells for my G22 RTF with a grip force beaver tail also.  I could check on my G23 Gen 3 to see if the fit is like that.
View Quote

@hypersport750 that would be awesome if you could share the results!
Link Posted: 9/25/2021 10:03:06 AM EDT
[#13]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By LsuJon:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/316069/E37D070E-CB9F-4BD5-B459-0360960C13E0_jpe-2098874.JPG

@gmbackus
Reptilia Blackhole magwell, I believe weapon outfitters has them
Link Posted: 9/30/2021 7:30:37 PM EDT
[#14]

@hypersport750 that would be awesome if you could share the results!
View Quote

@gmbackus   Here are pics of the Rogers Magwell from Brownells( yes it is labeled Rogers magwell on the packaging) I loosely put it on the G23 because if I pushed it all the way it would have messed up the Talon grips, which it did mess up the ones on the Glock 17 that I actually put them on.  Ended up putting it on my early two pin Gen 3 frme since it covers up the front magwell cut out ion this frame. Looks like it would work with a G19/23 frame with a little gap. Hope this helps.

Link Posted: 10/1/2021 9:21:45 AM EDT
[#15]

@gmbackus   Here are pics of the Rogers Magwell from Brownells( yes it is labeled Rogers magwell on the packaging) I loosely put it on the G23 because if I pushed it all the way it would have messed up the Talon grips, which it did mess up the ones on the Glock 17 that I actually put them on.  Ended up putting it on my early two pin Gen 3 frme since it covers up the front magwell cut out ion this frame. Looks like it would work with a G19/23 frame with a little gap. Hope this helps.

https://i.imgur.com/xqOiuta.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/BrI2Ypu.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/7BPNiC3.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/LyeBqkx.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/Y4JkMPZ.jpg
View Quote

Awesome! They are cheap enough I can give it a shot!
Link Posted: 10/2/2021 2:24:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Closest I've found to the nylon holster

The Wilderness Zip Slide
Link Posted: 10/9/2021 8:26:30 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:
Lots of these belt slides were made down range last two years.  Advantages light weight, ambidextrous and retaining strap can be used over the slide or from the rear over the grip for security.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/32677/IMG_9775_JPG-2075660.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/32677/IMG_9777_JPG-2075656.JPG

CD
View Quote

Saw some guys in Bagram in Jun/Jul 21 with those.  

Wanted to ask about it but just thought they were something I could find later.
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 4:47:10 PM EDT
[#18]
@combat_diver. Any issues with the Gen 5 MOS system? I was told any mounting issues were fixed with later Gen guns.
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 11:33:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By RDH10:
@combat_diver. Any issues with the Gen 5 MOS system? I was told any mounting issues were fixed with later Gen guns.
View Quote

Haven’t seen any Gen 5 guns

CD
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 12:20:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: LsuJon] [#20]
View Quote
I think the "fix" might have come in the form of adopting the mos3.
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 6:27:18 PM EDT
[#21]
That seems to limit you to the footprint of that particular optic. I've heard the Forward Control Designs plate made the standard Glock MOS a duty grade option. Any thoughts?
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 8:40:17 PM EDT
[#22]
That seems to limit you to the footprint of that particular optic. I've heard the Forward Control Designs plate made the standard Glock MOS a duty grade option. Any thoughts?
View Quote

Given that SOCOM has a contract for RMR's, I doubt they care about being limited to one optic footprint. It's not like they're playing musical optics on issued guns. And direct mounts are mechanically superior to any plate system.

Realistically, for duty use, a direct mount RMR footprint is king, and USASOC has some DPP's. If Glock covers those 2 footprints, nothing else matters. (Maybe ACRO one day, if the P-2 is as good as expected).

Link Posted: 10/21/2021 8:46:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By oldbrowndog:

Given that SOCOM has a contract for RMR's, I doubt they care about being limited to one optic footprint. It's not like they're playing musical optics on issued guns. And direct mounts are mechanically superior to any plate system.

Realistically, for duty use, a direct mount RMR footprint is king, and USASOC has some DPP's. If Glock covers those 2 footprints, nothing else matters. (Maybe ACRO one day, if the P-2 is as good as expected).

View Quote

Have you used an OPF-G?
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 5:01:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: oldbrowndog] [#24]
Originally Posted By iasc300ia:

Have you used an OPF-G?
View Quote

Yes, and they’re great. I’m a big fan of FCD and Roger. Direct mounting is still superior.

But that’s irrelevant, because this thread is about SOF use of the G19, and to the best of my knowledge, SOCOM doesn’t use/issue any OPF-G.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 9:10:09 AM EDT
[#25]

View Quote

Bingo
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 1:18:42 AM EDT
[#26]

View Quote

The parts of SOCOM that use RMRs use regular MOS glocks. The guys with deltapoints are the only ones with gen 5s and MOS3.
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 8:18:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Does anyone have a photo of a UID tag?
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 10:12:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DOE] [#28]
Originally Posted By brosnarp:

The parts of SOCOM that use RMRs use regular MOS glocks. The guys with deltapoints are the only ones with gen 5s and MOS3.
View Quote

Doesn't SOCOM/SOF have COTS?

Link Posted: 10/24/2021 12:23:21 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By DOE:

View All Quotes

That's not really a meaningful question. To explain why I've got to talk about how the military buys things for a minute.

Broadly speaking, the military buys stuff in one of three ways: as part of a program of record, to fulfill an operational needs statement, or with unit funds. The last one is pretty much what it sounds like: units are given money to buy stuff they think they need, especially before a deployment. Generally speaking, using unit funds to buy weapons isn't allowed. Operational needs statements (ONS) are things units use to force the procurement system to field something the unit believes it needs for a particular mission; something not provided by a program of record. SF initially got Glock 19s through an ONS stating that they needed smaller pistols than their Berettas. Programs of record are enduring procurement and maintenance programs that are typically based on doctrine. SF's use of G19s was eventually converted to a program of record, and expanded to cover most of SOCOM. Items purchased through a program of record or ONS might be COTS, or they might be developmental. Stuff bought through unit funds pretty much has to be COTS.

To bring this back around to optics and MOS, SOCOM's G19s are currently bought through a program of record, and are gen 3 or 4 with regular MOS. SOCOM's program of record mini red dot sight is the RMR, although units might have other optics on hand that were acquired through unit funds or an ONS before the optic program of record existed. There are some very special guys who have their own weapons programs separate from big SOCOM; those are the guys with Deltapoints mounted on their MOS3 gen 5 17s or 34s.
Link Posted: 10/24/2021 2:07:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: S-1] [#30]

That's not really a meaningful question. To explain why I've got to talk about how the military buys things for a minute.

Broadly speaking, the military buys stuff in one of three ways: as part of a program of record, to fulfill an operational needs statement, or with unit funds. The last one is pretty much what it sounds like: units are given money to buy stuff they think they need, especially before a deployment. Generally speaking, using unit funds to buy weapons isn't allowed. Operational needs statements (ONS) are things units use to force the procurement system to field something the unit believes it needs for a particular mission; something not provided by a program of record. SF initially got Glock 19s through an ONS stating that they needed smaller pistols than their Berettas. Programs of record are enduring procurement and maintenance programs that are typically based on doctrine. SF's use of G19s was eventually converted to a program of record, and expanded to cover most of SOCOM. Items purchased through a program of record or ONS might be COTS, or they might be developmental. Stuff bought through unit funds pretty much has to be COTS.

To bring this back around to optics and MOS, SOCOM's G19s are currently bought through a program of record, and are gen 3 or 4 with regular MOS. SOCOM's program of record mini red dot sight is the RMR, although units might have other optics on hand that were acquired through unit funds or an ONS before the optic program of record existed. There are some very special guys who have their own weapons programs separate from big SOCOM; those are the guys with Deltapoints mounted on their MOS3 gen 5 17s or 34s.
View All Quotes

That is why NSW ditched the P226/P239. Cheaper to get the G19s through the bigger brother. More guns for a cheaper price.

Like you mentioned, the more "special" guys are getting DPP's on their Glocks and X5's.
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 10:22:12 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By S-1:

That is why NSW ditched the P226/P239. Cheaper to get the G19s through the bigger brother. More guns for a cheaper price.

Like you mentioned, the more "special" guys are getting DPP's on their Glocks and X5's.
View Quote

Why the DPP. Pretty much everyone I've read about them says they have major issues with battery contacts.
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 11:45:30 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By joglee:

Why the DPP. Pretty much everyone I've read about them says they have major issues with battery contacts.
View Quote

To get an answer to that, you'd probably have to find someone who was involved in the procurement. Good luck with that.
Link Posted: 11/23/2021 10:46:37 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 11/23/2021 11:29:54 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 11/23/2021 11:57:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Sinister] [#35]
The beauty of SOCOM's program management is speed and size.  We're not outfitting an entire service, per se -- the buy might be for the Rangers, SF Groups, SEALs, MARSOC, or AFSOC, and if a common requirement or significant joint mission enhancement it can be bought to fulfill an immediate operational need for a particular geography, area, or climate.  Once the unit returns, that piece of gear might go into Joint Operational Stocks -- a common loan library for the next guys needing that gadget.

If it becomes a known mission requirement and mission essential (i.e., lack of this gadget threatens mission failure), SOCOM buys it for the force with its separate service-like buying powers and budget.

The problem with buying a common SOCOM pistol (say a Gen5 19) is the fact it now becomes a SOCOM-only gadget.  A common weapon (say M17/18) would be bought by the parent service using their money, and modified with SOCOM dollars -- i.e., Mother Service buys the SIG, SOCOM dollars pay for the bolt-on RMR, light, and suppressor.

If SOCOM has to buy the base gun as well, that's fewer dollars for something else (quad-tube NVGs with clip-on thermals, different uniforms for alternate climates, emergency med gear, modifications to the ride in and out of the battle zone, etc.).
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 6:10:38 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Hatr40:
So I am a lover of all things Glock.  Seeing as how I own 4, the 19's are among my favs of all time.  

What's strange for whatever set of reasons, is why the Rangers, SEALs, and now Marsoc, have not only gone to Glocks, but the 19.  

When there are bigger more "combat ready" Glocks made, I wonder why the decision?
View Quote

Here is the video to explain it all...
History of the Glock 19 with U.S. Special Forces
Link Posted: 12/1/2021 12:25:33 PM EDT
[#37]
Glocks are the absolute best.  If you see SF using them extensively, they are trusted tools.
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 4:25:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TNVC_Augee] [#38]
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 8:44:25 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 1:45:34 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 12/22/2021 2:28:12 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 12/22/2021 2:28:34 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 12/22/2021 3:19:31 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By x_red_beard_x:

What plate carriers are those?
View Quote
Looks like crye
Link Posted: 12/22/2021 3:47:20 PM EDT
[#45]

View Quote

My understanding is the larger window of the DPP.  Unlike the rest of SOCOM, "Those people" do some things which require use of a pistol as an offensive/ primary weapon.

Re the DPP:  The issues with battery contacts and other internals coming loose has been resolved on the newer DPPs as of 2 plus years ago. The older models have a green circuit board inside the battery compartment, the newer ruggedized models have a blue circuit board inside the battery compartment. Any of the "Night Vision" models should have the blue board.

Another factor is that for all pistol optics, proper mounting is about 50% of the durability and reliability of pistol optics. As such, it's not a coincidence the people using DPPs are using them via the MOS 3 cut specifically for the DPP footprint rather than the generic MOS cut with adapter plates.
Link Posted: 12/22/2021 5:18:01 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By x_red_beard_x:

What plate carriers are those?
View Quote
The multicam ones are Crye AVS, some with and some without the support harness.
Link Posted: 12/22/2021 9:13:49 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 12/22/2021 9:50:14 PM EDT
[#48]

I gotta know what the story is on the child size adult in the first pic.
View Quote
Appears to be this person  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shawn_Johnson_East

From this event  https://www.facebook.com/jfkcenterandschool/posts/227454599428627
Link Posted: 12/22/2021 10:55:12 PM EDT
[#49]

I gotta know what the story is on the child size adult in the first pic.
View Quote

She appears to be fairly tough for someone that is 4'9".
Page / 36
G19 in the SF communities. (Page 20 of 36)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top