Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 70
Link Posted: 2/19/2022 11:12:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bmw20] [#1]
Thanks!!

Super impressed with Battlewerx. I’ll be sending off a 17 slide here soon. The extra wait time for that nitride is totally worth it.
Link Posted: 2/20/2022 11:36:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rpoL98] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By bjkb1f:
Just received my Holosun 508T and my slide back from Battlewerx. This is my first pistol red dot. One thing I didn’t think of is when I reload, I don’t use the slide release. I grip the slide over the top and rack it.  I will basically be grabbing the slide and optic. Seems like the sight is solid enough that this wouldn’t hurt it or throw off the zero. Am I correct in this assumption?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/237039/8C22BDAB-A0BF-47CC-82E2-820CA0A553B8_jpe-2271819.JPG
View Quote
@bjkb1f

for Glock or OEM-profile slides, you could look at the Vickers Tactical (Tango Down) slide racker.  it replaces the Glock slide end-plate, and is pretty subtle.
Tango Down Gen3 slide racker end plate

also available from Brownells.

ignore the non-Glock frames for the moment,

Link Posted: 2/21/2022 1:21:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By rpoL98:
@bjkb1f

for Glock or OEM-profile slides, you could look at the Vickers Tactical (Tango Down) slide racker.  it replaces the Glock slide end-plate, and is pretty subtle.

https://i.imgur.com/PFAykBG.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/IHZhjJE.jpg?1
View Quote

May I see a head on picture of that slide racker please? How is the fit?
Link Posted: 2/21/2022 5:35:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: rpoL98] [#4]
Originally Posted By Idaholandho:
May I see a head on picture of that slide racker please?   How is the fit?
View Quote
the piece has some metal rails embedded, just like the OEM Glock piece.  on some of them, I had to file a little on the metal to get it to fit just right.  file-to-fit.  I think sometimes the metal isn't perfectly aligned in the mold during fabrication.  Otherwise, fit to the Glock-profile rear rounded slide contour is nice.  very snug.  good grip hold.

sorry, don't have any head-on pics.

from the product mfr's website (linked in previous post that you replied to):
Link Posted: 2/21/2022 2:30:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By rpoL98:
@bjkb1f

https://i.imgur.com/PFAykBG.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/IHZhjJE.jpg?1
View Quote

Might have to check those out. Thanks a lot!
Link Posted: 2/21/2022 2:59:36 PM EDT
[#6]
After watching Sage Dynamics videos of testing the RMR and HOLOSUN, I have no reservations about racking with the optic, especially by hand.
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 3:32:58 PM EDT
[#7]
My 407k x2 green came in, shipped it out with my slide to nameless.  

Hopefully I'm in the 21st century within three weeks!!!!
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 11:25:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Swapped the RMR off my Staccato to a SRO, absolutely loving the glass/window size.  I'm pretty sure I'll never buy another RMR.  The Staccato is a range/nightstand gun so I'm not worried about the durability.  Might have to buy another SRO for my 1911.

Also, follow-up to the Allchin mount on my 686.  I couldn't lower the elevation enough with the 507c so I decided to try a RMR and that had enough adjustment to sight it in.

Link Posted: 3/9/2022 12:26:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Wetfuego:
Swapped the RMR off my Staccato to a SRO, absolutely loving the glass/window size.  I'm pretty sure I'll never buy another RMR.  The Staccato is a range/nightstand gun so I'm not worried about the durability.  Might have to buy another SRO for my 1911.

Also, follow-up to the Allchin mount on my 686.  I couldn't lower the elevation enough with the 507c so I decided to try a RMR and that had enough adjustment to sight it in.

https://i.imgur.com/zIKtwmZh.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/n22IRxCh.jpg
View Quote

Not to thread jack but how do you like the cam-lock system?

Also your Staccato pics are making me anxious, I have a P DPO with the DLC threaded barrel on order for about a month now, an RMR on my bench and a Modlite PL350 out of deliver for it. Cant wait.
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 1:00:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Real_PhillBert:

Not to thread jack but how do you like the cam-lock system?

Also your Staccato pics are making me anxious, I have a P DPO with the DLC threaded barrel on order for about a month now, an RMR on my bench and a Modlite PL350 out of deliver for it. Cant wait.
View Quote

The cam-lok is one of the best purchases I've ever made.  Jumped on the bandwagon as soon as they were released and I have no regrets.  Makes it incredibly easy to swap the can around and most importantly, it keeps it secured.  I tend to check it every 1-2 mags out of habit, but I've put 80+ rounds through it without checking it.  Feels good to be able to run through more than 10 rounds without worrying about a baffle or end cap strike.  The new EZ lok looks really good too.  

The only problem with the Staccato is that it's a gateway drug to higher end 1911/2011.  It'll make you start looking at guns twice+ the price lol
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 6:48:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks to those that motivated me to join the 21st century.

I didn't have any issues "finding" the dot, and the slide cut by Nameless was less than two weeks door to door.

I'll be getting other slides done.

Link Posted: 3/12/2022 10:48:50 PM EDT
[#12]
I joined the club, best thing I’ve done in a while.

spanish biblical names
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 4:02:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: NorthPolar] [#13]
I'm looking at getting my first pistol optic and am not 100% if it's something I'll adjust easily to or not.  Has anyone used the Dueck Defense RBU to carry an optic?  End result would eventually be a Fauxland Special build ala the photo snagged from TOS.  But if I don't adapt easily, I'm only out the $130 and don't have my slide milled for an optic I won't use.

Link Posted: 3/13/2022 8:06:59 AM EDT
[#14]
It's not bad but you are best just to jump in with both feet and fix yourself if you don't immediately pick it up (usually presentation related).

The lower the dot is relative to the irons the easier the transition is. Mine was like 100 rounds of ammo.

If you are scared to mill get a brownells slide  
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 4:00:51 PM EDT
[#15]
This is an area I’ve avoided for a long time.  I finally gave it a try and I’m all in.  I now have a G34 Gen 5 and G19 Gen 5, both with RMR RM06’s.  For me it feels like cheating.  I’ve now got a safe full of pistols I doubt I’ll ever shoot, it’s that much better to me.  Now I want to have my G26 milled so I can put a dot on it as well.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 4:09:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By HD2006:
This is an area I've avoided for a long time.  I finally gave it a try and I'm all in.  I now have a G34 Gen 5 and G19 Gen 5, both with RMR RM06's.  For me it feels like cheating.  I've now got a safe full of pistols I doubt I'll ever shoot, it's that much better to me.  Now I want to have my G26 milled so I can put a dot on it as well.
View Quote

My man!  This is how you do it.

shooting irons pistols feels barbaric now (although red dot has definitely improved my irons shooting)
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 4:17:41 PM EDT
[#17]
I still prefer irons. I have 3 pistols with dots and I don't shoot them as much as I should.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 6:42:18 PM EDT
[#18]
snip
View Quote

It’s by far the best external mount. It sits the lowest, built very well, and the construction is simple so you can still get to your backplate.

I have 1000 rounds on mine, love it.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 7:12:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SSully] [#19]
Originally Posted By Fooboy:
It's not bad but you are best just to jump in with both feet and fix yourself if you don't immediately pick it up (usually presentation related).

The lower the dot is relative to the irons the easier the transition is. Mine was like 100 rounds of ammo.

View Quote

I chose the Brownells slide (first choice was a Zev Duty slide. Who knows when they’ll be back in stock) because I didn’t want my G19 down for an indeterminate amount of time. The edges being rounded would have been nice, but then the slide would have been more expensive. Worth the compromise I’d say.

Attachment Attached File

FYI, a trijicon sealing plate didn’t work out for me. I have a Zev plate on order to hopefully get me situated.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 1:29:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: tt350z] [#20]
Originally Posted By NorthPolar:
I'm looking at getting my first pistol optic and am not 100% if it's something I'll adjust easily to or not.  Has anyone used the Dueck Defense RBU to carry an optic?  End result would eventually be a Fauxland Special build ala the photo snagged from TOS.  But if I don't adapt easily, I'm only out the $130 and don't have my slide milled for an optic I won't use.

https://1xajfw1icg7aoq9hbwm1lcrl-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/DD-RBU2-RMR-on-Glock-profile.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210323/11839269e287d9b2238a574ff3ad6acf.jpg
View Quote

You could literally get a rmr milled slide for the cost of that mount. The sight would sit lower and be closer to your irons. Your irons will have a longer sight radius if you need to use it.

https://aimsurplus.com/aimsurplus-2s-sniper-grey-rmr-cut-slide-for-glock-19-gen-3/
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 12:53:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Fooboy:

View Quote
I'll second this.  I have a Hellcat OSP that for the last year wore an RMRcc on an adaptor plate which put the dot pretty high with the iron unusable.
I got tired of this and just mounted a 507K on it last week.  I went from occasionally having to hunt for the dot and generally having to center it to almost always having it being centered immediately.  Night and day difference.
Link Posted: 3/15/2022 3:04:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CurseOfKatyn] [#22]
Put RMR back into use:
Attachment Attached File

Should make @WhiskersTheCat happy
Link Posted: 3/15/2022 4:45:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By CurseOfKatyn:
Put RMR back into use:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/457660/IMG_20220315_110057_031_jpg-2314435.JPG

Should make @WhiskersTheCat happy
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/16/2022 2:16:58 PM EDT
[#24]
My first SIG pistol.  Digging it so far.  It seems that the CHPWS plate is the only game in town if wanting to mount an RMR to the SIG-cut slide.  I'm kind of disappointed in how much movement there is with their plate (I've been spoiled with FCD), but I'll reserve judgement until I've shot it a bunch.

Link Posted: 3/16/2022 4:15:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Razzman1:
My first SIG pistol.  Digging it so far.  It seems that the CHPWS plate is the only game in town if wanting to mount an RMR to the SIG-cut slide.  I'm kind of disappointed in how much movement there is with their plate (I've been spoiled with FCD), but I'll reserve judgement until I've shot it a bunch.

https://i.vgy.me/ctPkrb.jpg
View Quote
Doesn't Sig also keep changing their cuts?
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 5:25:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Bradd_D:
View Quote

No.

There are multiple cuts (four I believe), but they have essentially narrowed it down to two. There is the M17/X5 style cut that has a plate with an attached rear and then there is the PRO cut which is like the AXG above, optic cut and dovetail in slide.

I just picked up a P320 X-Full, which has the M17 style cut and I just ordered a FCD plate. I wanted to make sure I wasn't gonna be stuck having to give C&H money.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 6:08:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By DAVE_M:

No.

There are multiple cuts (four I believe), but they have essentially narrowed it down to two. There is the M17/X5 style cut that has a plate with an attached rear and then there is the PRO cut which is like the AXG above, optic cut and dovetail in slide.

I just picked up a P320 X-Full, which has the M17 style cut and I just ordered a FCD plate. I wanted to make sure I wasn't gonna be stuck having to give C&H money.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

No.

I guess I was just drawing conclusions from Duffy's post in this thread.

Originally Posted By Duffy:We are quite finished with SIG guns, they keep changing the cut it's not for anyone's benefit but their own, we'll stick to manufactures that won't come out with a new cut every 6 months.  By the time we do it, they'd have a new cut that won't work with what we just did, sorry guys we're not doing it again.

Link Posted: 3/16/2022 9:01:27 PM EDT
[#28]

No.

View All Quotes

No.

You will be happy with the FCD plate, we'll worth it!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 9:06:50 PM EDT
[#29]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/457660/IMG_20220314_184948_319_jpg-2316077.JPG
View All Quotes

No.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/457660/IMG_20220314_184948_319_jpg-2316077.JPG

Forward Controls Design master race
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 9:12:02 PM EDT
[#30]

View All Quotes

No.

Originally Posted By Duffy:We are quite finished with SIG guns, they keep changing the cut it's not for anyone's benefit but their own, we'll stick to manufactures that won't come out with a new cut every 6 months.  By the time we do it, they'd have a new cut that won't work with what we just did, sorry guys we're not doing it again.

I am guessing FCD is sticking with the one plate for SIG, could always verify with @Duffy
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 9:32:56 PM EDT
[#31]

View Quote

He wasn't wrong at the time. He even has a photo of the multiple cuts on his website with a detailed description of which cuts the Tangodown plate will work with. He's a good dude and knows his stuff. It's why I purchased his plate.

Sig stopped changing cuts. At least for now. Guns are still all over the place though, so you have to pay attention to what optics cut your gun has.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 10:55:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Duffy] [#32]
We are doing the RMR plate sans the rear sight dovetail
As it is, we and Tangodown already have such a plate for ACRO P1/P2.   RMR without the dovetail is easy enough, literally just need to remove the rear sight dovetail component lol.

Our SIG RMR plate (with the rear sight dovetail) has done well for us, a version without it was discussed with Tangodown months ago, it's in motion.  I hate to tell LE customers we don't have one, and also MIL folks that are issued M17/M18 and don't have the freedom to choose something else, we're doing something about that too.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 12:05:19 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Duffy:
As it is, we and Tangodown already have such a plate for ACRO P1/P2.   RMR without the dovetail is easy enough, literally just need to remove the rear sight dovetail component lol.

Our SIG RMR plate (with the rear sight dovetail) has done well for us, a version without it was discussed with Tangodown months ago, it's in motion.  I hate to tell LE customers we don't have one, and also MIL folks that are issued M17/M18 and don't have the freedom to choose something else, we're doing something about that too.
View Quote

Hell yeah, it's why you can't go wrong with FCD.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 9:28:55 AM EDT
[#34]
Used the Outer Impact plate for about a year and never really did get used to it.  Sent my M&P Pro to DP Custom Works in February.  24 days portal to portal. Holosun 507 fits perfectly.  Much better presentation than with the plate since height over bore isn't nearly as much.  I ordered the taller sights for co-witness as well.  Magic marker with a coat of paste wax works well for covering up the raw metal on the rear sight cutout.  I believe my total cost was about $130 with the veterans discount.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 9:43:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Fooboy] [#35]
I will be at the land this weekend with a shooting buddy. Priority 1 : RDS pistol work

if my eForm 4 turbo k gets approved in the next 4 hours that may change haha
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 1:23:12 PM EDT
[#36]

View Quote

Will you continue to sell the version with the dovetail also or is that going away?  I’ve got an M17 and I’m debating if I want an RMR on it.  I’m really not a Sig fan, two of my Glock MOS guns have your plates with RMR’s.  Just wondering if I should snag a plate now if they’re going away because if I do decide to put an RMR I’ll want a rear sight also.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 2:23:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Duffy] [#37]
The RSD (rear sight dovetail) model is staying, unless SIG decides to discontinue it, which I rather doubt.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 5:18:40 PM EDT
[#38]
The RSD (rear sight dovetail) model is staying, unless SIG decides to discontinue it, which I rather doubt.
View Quote

Is it going to remain as thick as the dovetail model?

Any chance for a low version similar to CHPWS but with a tighter fit to the slide cutout that uses the slide's RMR holes?  I love your plates but can't go with .400ish height sights to make it work.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 6:26:49 PM EDT
[#39]
If it doesn't need to be very thick, we won't make it thick.  The RSD model needs the thickness to bring the dovetail over the slide where the rear sight used to be.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 12:46:31 PM EDT
[#40]
@fooboy I can admit when I'm wrong......maybe

I believe I found an optic that works for me, 507c with acss/vulcan reticle.  Sitting on an M&P 2.0
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 12:49:45 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Marksman14:
Took a class with Sage Dynamics.

Opened my eyes, and Aaron is one of the best instructors I've ever worked with.

You're either willing to train and learn how to use the system, or you aren't.  If you aren't, don't bother.  All the gripes I hear about the concept are from people who haven't put in any serious effort, and given up.

If you are willing, it's superior on virtually every level.   RMR Type 2 for duty/carry use, change your battery once a year.  Simple.
View Quote

Worth reading twice.  I was stubborn, I'm learning.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 2:29:04 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Holdemdown:

I believe I found an optic that works for me, 507c with acss/vulcan reticle.  Sitting on an M&P 2.0
View Quote
Haha welcome brother
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 3:26:26 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Holdemdown:

View Quote
Love my 507C with ACSS reticle.  It's my 2nd optic and currently resides on a P80 compact.
My first optic, an RMRcc is going to my LGS tomorrow to have a slide milled for it.
My latest, a 507K-GR is now on my Hellcat, replacing the RMRcc which had to be mounted with a plate, making it sit too high to use the iron sights as is.  507K fixed that problem and I find it much, much quicker to pick up the dot than the RMRcc ever was.
I'm hoping PA is partnering with Holosun to use a version of the ACSS  on the 405K/507K series as well.  If they do, I'll be putting them on at least one of my 1911s and maybe my CZ P-01 also.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 6:46:45 AM EDT
[#44]
I like rmrs..

Link Posted: 3/19/2022 1:44:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Fooboy] [#45]
gen 3 outshooting my gen 5, at least with blazer brass.

Bench groups @ 25Y

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/19/2022 1:46:22 PM EDT
[#46]
But muh marksman barrel and tighter lock up.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 2:02:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Fooboy] [#47]
But muh marksman barrel and tighter lock up.
View Quote
I know, right?

might have kkm in my future
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 4:08:52 PM EDT
[#48]

Duck Plate installed

Gonna go zero it sometime this week. Also need to measure for BUIS. FCD has the Tangodown/Truglo BUIS, but they are U notch rears and I despise tritium.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 4:30:19 PM EDT
[#49]
25yds

"STOP CHEATING YOU CAN'T DO THAT NOOOOOOOOO"

I don't believe I will.

Link Posted: 3/19/2022 4:50:09 PM EDT
[#50]
We'll have some without tritium soon

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51947287317_82584d00cf_c.jpg

Duck Plate installed

Gonna go zero it sometime this week. Also need to measure for BUIS. FCD has the Tangodown/Truglo BUIS, but they are U notch rears and I despise tritium.
View Quote

Page / 70
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top