Link Posted: 2/2/2022 8:42:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Speedwinder] [#1]
Deleted
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 8:04:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: eaglecp] [#2]

Cp
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 5:27:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bjkb1f] [#3]
Just received my Holosun 508T and my slide back from Battlewerx. This is my first pistol red dot. One thing I didn’t think of is when I reload, I don’t use the slide release. I grip the slide over the top and rack it.  I will basically be grabbing the slide and optic. Seems like the sight is solid enough that this wouldn’t hurt it or throw off the zero. Am I correct in this assumption?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 5:28:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By bjkb1f:
Just received my Holosun 508T and my slide back from Battlewerx. One thing I didn't think of is when I reload, I don't use the slide release. I grip the slide over the top and rack it.  I will basically be grabbing the slide and optic. Seems like the sight is solid enough that this wouldn't hurt it or throw off the zero. Am I correct in this assumption?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/237039/8C22BDAB-A0BF-47CC-82E2-820CA0A553B8_jpe-2271819.JPG
View Quote
Use it like a hammer. It's fine
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 5:29:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Just received my Holosun 508T and my slide back from Battlewerx. One thing I didn't think of is when I reload, I don't use the slide release. I grip the slide over the top and rack it.  I will basically be grabbing the slide and optic. Seems like the sight is solid enough that this wouldn't hurt it or throw off the zero. Am I correct in this assumption?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/237039/8C22BDAB-A0BF-47CC-82E2-820CA0A553B8_jpe-2271819.JPG
View Quote
It'll be fine. You'll just end up with oil from your hand on the glass. This is one reason I have come to appreciate the rear sight being in front of the optic.
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 7:10:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bmw20] [#6]
Just received my Holosun 508T and my slide back from Battlewerx. This is my first pistol red dot. One thing I didn’t think of is when I reload, I don’t use the slide release. I grip the slide over the top and rack it.  I will basically be grabbing the slide and optic. Seems like the sight is solid enough that this wouldn’t hurt it or throw off the zero. Am I correct in this assumption?

View Quote

@bjkb1f

What was the turn around time from battlewerx?? I should be getting close....I’m at 4 weeks tomorrow for a cut and nitride.
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 7:24:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By bmw20:

@bjkb1f

What was the turn around time from battlewerx?? I should be getting close....I’m at 4 weeks tomorrow for a cut and nitride.
View Quote

Mine was just a cut and turnaround time was less than 24 hours. There must be a backlog in the nitride dept.
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 7:59:58 PM EDT
[#8]

@bjkb1f

What was the turn around time from battlewerx?? I should be getting close....I'm at 4 weeks tomorrow for a cut and nitride.
View Quote
My last cut and nitride was 4 weeks including shipping my slide. I placed the order on 10/27/21 and received my slide on 11/29/21. My previous order in July was 6 weeks for a cut and nitride.
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 8:12:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Nitride is completely out of the hands of the milling shops as far as I can tell.
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 8:31:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Fooboy:
Nitride is completely out of the hands of the milling shops as far as I can tell.
View Quote

Yeah, I know they ship out for nitride. I figured it would be 6 weeks when I mailed it off....prob going to be pretty close to that. No biggie....just anxious to shoot it.
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 8:37:52 PM EDT
[#11]

Mine was just a cut and turnaround time was less than 24 hours. There must be a backlog in the nitride dept.
View Quote

Thanks for the info. 24 hour turnaround on a cut is damn impressive!
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 1:02:14 AM EDT
[#12]
I'm now up to 4 pistols with dots. My 226 and 229 Legion SAOs are two of the latest. My p365 is headed to Jagerwerks for milling and nitride as soon as I get around to taking the slide, new sights, and 507k to the post office. I've now sold the Romeo 1 Pro that came on the 229 after picking it up a couple of weeks ago with my prize money from winning one of my office's Fantasy Football league again this year, and I am having it drilled with RMR pattern holes by C&H. I'll run a filler plate and a 507c or 508t on it also. The 226 is my pride and joy. The thing is just stupid accurate at 25 yards. The ArmoryCraft upgrades have made the trigger otherworldly. It's such a super smooth shooter and fits my hands so well that it's become my daily carry, even given its size and weight and the fact that it has an X300u attached. The p229 will get the trigger, hammer, super strut, and takedown lever treatment also, but need to spread the purchases out a bit so my wife doesn't get pissed .

Link Posted: 2/9/2022 7:52:49 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By helix139:
I'm now up to 4 pistols with dots. My 226 and 229 Legion SAOs are two of the latest. My p365 is headed to Jagerwerks for milling and nitride as soon as I get around to taking the slide, new sights, and 507k to the post office. I've now sold the Romeo 1 Pro that came on the 229 after picking it up a couple of weeks ago with my prize money from winning one of my office's Fantasy Football league again this year, and I am having it drilled with RMR pattern holes by C&H. I'll run a filler plate and a 507c or 508t on it also. The 226 is my pride and joy. The thing is just stupid accurate at 25 yards. The ArmoryCraft upgrades have made the trigger otherworldly. It's such a super smooth shooter and fits my hands so well that it's become my daily carry, even given its size and weight and the fact that it has an X300u attached. The p229 will get the trigger, hammer, super strut, and takedown lever treatment also, but need to spread the purchases out a bit so my wife doesn't get pissed .

https://www.sigtalk.com/cdn-cgi/image/format=auto,onerror=redirect,width=1920,height=1920,fit=scale-down/https://www.sigtalk.com/attachments/810b55a4-54a4-49e8-966a-858adc67ecd6-jpeg.438667/
View Quote

What parts did you add from ArmoryCraft? Just the springs or the sear kit and springs?
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 11:25:44 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By yamahawarrior89:

What parts did you add from ArmoryCraft? Just the springs or the sear kit and springs?
View Quote

Trigger, hammer, and takedown lever. Trigger allowed me to significantly reduce pre travel and almost eliminate over travel and the hammer got rid of what little creep existed in the stock trigger pull
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 1:32:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: yamahawarrior89] [#15]

Trigger, hammer, and takedown lever. Trigger allowed me to significantly reduce pre travel and almost eliminate over travel and the hammer got rid of what little creep existed in the stock trigger pull
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By yamahawarrior89:

Perfect thanks!

Going to add them to this:
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 3:54:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DAVE_M] [#16]
Just attended Riley Bowman's 2 Day Pistol Intelligence course.

Of the pistols on the line, the majority had dots.

Of note, these are the pistols without dots:

Glock 19 Gen 5
Sig Sauer Mk25
S&W M&P 2.0 5"
Sig Sauer P365
Ruger SR9C
Beretta 92 LTT

Dot equipped guns were:

Glock 19
Glock 17
Glock 34
Glock 48
M&P 5" Performance Center
Sig Sauer P320 X5
Walther PDP

After the class, both G19's are going to inevitably gain dots.

The M&P 5" was a duty gun, but the shooter generally shoots with dots. The P365 was used on TD1, but swapped for a G48 & Holosun RDS on TD2.

The Mk25 and SR9C are incapable of accepting a RDS, to my knowledge.
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 4:29:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AK-12] [#17]
Originally Posted By DAVE_M:

The Mk25 and SR9C are incapable of accepting a RDS, to my knowledge.
View Quote

P226's can be cut for an optic, there is one a few posts up from yours in the pic with the P229 that also has a dot.
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 1:45:18 PM EDT
[#18]
I just ordered a Staccato P DPO and will be putting an RMR on it, does anyone know if the Staccato plates require the Trij sealing plate?
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 1:59:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Real_PhillBert:
I just ordered a Staccato P DPO and will be putting an RMR on it, does anyone know if the Staccato plates require the Trij sealing plate?
View Quote

As long as there aren't any holes inside the border of the O-ring, or thru features running under it that would compromise the seal, and your RMR doesn't overhang the slide you don't need one.

I don't think you do with the Staccato plates, but I don't have one to be sure. I don't need one for my FNX mount plate.
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 3:56:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Real_PhillBert:
View Quote

I don't have a sealing plate on mine nor have I seen people mention it for the DUO guns.
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 4:36:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Real_PhillBert] [#21]
Originally Posted By Wetfuego:

I don't have a sealing plate on mine nor have I seen people mention it for the DUO guns.
View All Quotes

Originally Posted By AK-12:

As long as there aren't any holes inside the border of the O-ring, or thru features running under it that would compromise the seal, and your RMR doesn't overhang the slide you don't need one.

I don't think you do with the Staccato plates, but I don't have one to be sure. I don't need one for my FNX mount plate.

Thanks for the info, gents.
Link Posted: 2/13/2022 2:57:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Fooboy] [#22]
Lazy Sunday.

ETA: ironically, my dog it half sheep dog haha

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/13/2022 9:07:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Whippet06:
https://i.ibb.co/TBsqBYR/20211204-155230.jpg
View Quote

Where did you have your slide milled for the Shield?
Link Posted: 2/13/2022 9:59:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 2/13/2022 10:11:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TW200] [#25]
Trijicon RMRcc and RMRcc foward controls plate doesn't stick out past the side of the slide. It all stays nicely tucked out of the way.
No sharp edges to deal with like the regular RMR and RMR mounting plates.

Link Posted: 2/14/2022 6:00:11 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By TW200:
Trijicon RMRcc and RMRcc foward controls plate doesn't stick out past the side of the slide. It all stays nicely tucked out of the way.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/309020/20220210_171534-2274657.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/309020/20220210_171231-2274659.jpg
View Quote
I have an RMR and FCD plate on one of my 17's and there are no sharp edges.
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 7:39:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TW200] [#27]
Originally Posted By Bradd_D:
View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/309020/20220210_171534-2274657.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/309020/20220210_171231-2274659.jpg

@Bradd_D So your regular RMR mounting plate does NOT stick out past the side of the slide on your Glock?
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 9:34:06 AM EDT
[#28]

@Bradd_D So your regular RMR mounting plate does NOT stick out past the side of the slide on your Glock?
View Quote
It does, but not by much and it's definitely not sharp. The RMRcc on my 43X hangs over a bit, too, but it's not sharp either.
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 12:08:36 PM EDT
[#29]
It does, but not by much and it's definitely not sharp. The RMRcc on my 43X hangs over a bit, too, but it's not sharp either.
View Quote

Not sharp like a knife. but sharp like your hand slips while racking the slide and the edge of the plate rakes across your fingers sharp. That little bit of metal plate edge that hangs over is a real bitch to deal with if you practice with laser bullets and have to rack the slide every shot. Or if you shoot a lot of live fire.
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 2:31:58 PM EDT
[#30]
I'm looking at milling my Shield+ for a 507k

Any reason not to go with C&H? I like that they will just cerekote where they milled if you want.
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 2:45:32 PM EDT
[#31]

Not sharp like a knife. but sharp like your hand slips while racking the slide and the edge of the plate rakes across your fingers sharp. That little bit of metal plate edge that hangs over is a real bitch to deal with if you practice with laser bullets and have to rack the slide every shot. Or if you shoot a lot of live fire.
View Quote

I’ve never once seen or heard of this issue, ever.  

And round count/time handling the firearms is not the reason why.
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 3:24:12 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Marksman14:

I've never once seen or heard of this issue, ever.  

View All Quotes

I've never once seen or heard of this issue, ever.  

Same
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 3:27:49 PM EDT
[#33]

View All Quotes

^^^ Count me in this boat. I've been carrying my RMR equipped G19 every day since 2016, and have never had an issue with that little "edge". *shrug*

Link Posted: 2/14/2022 7:06:12 PM EDT
[#34]

View Quote
I dry fire my 17 regularly racking the slide after every trigger press and I've never experienced that.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/14/2022 9:19:10 PM EDT
[#35]
I have 3 Glocks milled for an RMR and have RM06s on each one, 19 a 19x and a 26.

MY question is for you NON-MOS guys, I see yall are using mounting plates. I am not, although I do use the sealing plate.

Is there a reason for the plate? Mine are all just mounted to the slide with the sealing plate sandwiched between them. Am I missing something?
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 8:02:51 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By samsgreen50:

I have 3 Glocks milled for an RMR and have RM06s on each one, 19 a 19x and a 26.

MY question is for you NON-MOS guys, I see yall are using mounting plates. I am not, although I do use the sealing plate.

Is there a reason for the plate? Mine are all just mounted to the slide with the sealing plate sandwiched between them. Am I missing something?
View Quote

@samsgreen50

NON-MOS with plates? No one with milled slides is using mounting plates. Sealing plate and mount to the direct mill-footprint in the slide.

The guys using MOS are using plates, typically the Forward Controls Design or CHPWS plates.
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 8:44:40 PM EDT
[#37]
Finally got of my butt and ordered and RMRcc and sent my G48 slide to battlewerks for an RMRcc cut.

Sort of got way from dots when I stopped carrying my RMR’d G19 and moved to slim line guns like my P365 and G48.

Would like to also get my P365 milled down the road.  Is Maple Leaf still the one of the only games in town that don’t delete the rear dovetail for the P365 RMRcc cut?
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 9:38:29 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By oldbrowndog:

@samsgreen50

NON-MOS with plates? No one with milled slides is using mounting plates. Sealing plate and mount to the direct mill-footprint in the slide.

The guys using MOS are using plates, typically the Forward Controls Design or CHPWS plates.
View Quote

Thank you @oldbrowndog it looked as though some of these were milled guns with plates. I was wondering if it was lets say, an RMR milled slide that the owner got away from the RMR to use something else like a DPP.

I'm tracking now. Thanks
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 10:07:25 PM EDT
[#39]

@samsgreen50

View All Quotes

@samsgreen50

Agency AOS are milled slides that use plates.
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 5:23:19 PM EDT
[#40]
Just got this 686 plus so of course I had to throw a red dot on it.  Can't wait until the boomers see it at the range.

Link Posted: 2/16/2022 6:32:27 PM EDT
[#41]
Just got this 686 plus so of course I had to throw a red dot on it.  Can't wait until the boomers see it at the range.

https://i.imgur.com/wgA6TNI.jpg
View Quote

I just picked up a 686 plus as well.  Is that an Allchin mount? What do you think about it?
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 6:58:02 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Stonia:

I just picked up a 686 plus as well.  Is that an Allchin mount? What do you think about it?
View Quote

Yeah it's the Allchin mount.  I mounted it about 4 hours ago (picked up the 686 during lunch) so I don't have any experience with it, but it seems well made.  Looks like it's solidly secured and it was easy to install.  I'm about to head out to sight it in so we'll see how it is.
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 8:50:05 PM EDT
[#43]
It’s not Gucci but I’m loving it. Just put it together so haven’t been to the range yet. (Don’t be hatin’ on the makeshift pistol stand.)

It’s a range gun so sights will stay. I’m working up my nerve to do the undercut myself. Also, the rear plate message wasn’t something I intended just come across it while looking for a stainless/chrome plate.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 9:00:40 PM EDT
[#44]

Thank you @oldbrowndog it looked as though some of these were milled guns with plates. I was wondering if it was lets say, an RMR milled slide that the owner got away from the RMR to use something else like a DPP.

I'm tracking now. Thanks
View Quote

I believe I’ve seen MOS style milling offered where you would need to get plate/s.
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 9:08:24 PM EDT
[#45]
And another…

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 10:09:09 PM EDT
[#46]

View Quote

Follow-up to my last comment.  Had an opportunity to sight in the 507c.  Mount held zero and didn't come loose, but there's a problem.  It appears that the mount sits too high.  I ran out of elevation adjustment with the 507c.  Shooting 38 special, it's still about 1.0-1.5" high at 10 yards and around 2" high at 15.  Didn't bring any 357 so not sure how high it'll shoot with that.
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 10:21:31 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 1:53:40 PM EDT
[#48]

Follow-up to my last comment.  Had an opportunity to sight in the 507c.  Mount held zero and didn't come loose, but there's a problem.  It appears that the mount sits too high.  I ran out of elevation adjustment with the 507c.  Shooting 38 special, it's still about 1.0-1.5" high at 10 yards and around 2" high at 15.  Didn't bring any 357 so not sure how high it'll shoot with that.
View All Quotes

Well that's not ideal.
Link Posted: 2/19/2022 9:59:55 PM EDT
[#49]
Got my 19 slide back from Battlewerx in just over 5 weeks. The cut is an exact fit and the nitride is flawless. Def worth the lead time.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/19/2022 10:14:50 PM EDT
[#50]
Got my 19 slide back from Battlewerx in just over 5 weeks. The cut is an exact fit and the nitride is flawless. Def worth the lead time.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/167625/92419D89-3419-4222-9CC4-890ED6F19CAE_jpe-2285816.JPG
View Quote
Impeccable
Page / 70
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top