Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 70
Link Posted: 5/30/2022 1:36:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Duffy] [#1]
I need to reserve some observations on the EFLX till it goes live, till then, the things I can share:

DPP footprint is good, we don't need yet another footprint
Sight body is thinner than that of the DPP, but thicker than the RMR, you'll need sight sets with 0.365 or 0.040 for lower 1/3 co-witness
Window is smaller than DPP but larger than RMR
Lens is well recessed, you can rack the slide with the EFLX without damaging the lens, but the same can be said of most open emitter red dot sights too.

We will buy one as soon as it's released.  Its being made in the USA is a great thing, and the price point is between an RMR and H sight, I think it'll do well.
Link Posted: 5/30/2022 3:50:20 PM EDT
[#2]
For the RMR type 2 folks, I’m curious if your glass has a bunch of occlusions/bubbles in it?

This can’t be right. Literally just bought it.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

It’s hard to capture on camera, but there’s spots all over and in the glass. One is right in the middle of the glass and looks like a dark spot in the middle of the dot. Can’t see them until the dot is visible in the window.

I tried cleaning the glass and blowing out the emitter.
Link Posted: 5/30/2022 3:54:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/30/2022 3:56:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/30/2022 4:08:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Yep call Trijicon, partly what you paid for is excellent customer service and support.
Link Posted: 5/30/2022 4:17:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Duffy:
Yep call Trijicon, partly what you paid for is excellent customer service and support.
View Quote

And QC
Link Posted: 5/30/2022 5:01:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mudholestomper] [#7]
Originally Posted By AK-12:

And QC
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AK-12:

And QC

Yeah no shit. This one is so bad it looks like one central dot surrounded by a dozen little tiny dots all over the glass as all of those bubbles pick up the light as well.

It’s like looking at a dime store diamond, with black spots and inclusions in it.
Link Posted: 5/30/2022 5:14:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By mudholestomper:

Yeah no shit. This one is so bad it looks like one central dot surrounded by a dozen little tiny dots all over the glass as all of those bubbles pick up the light as well.

It's like looking at a dime store diamond, with black spots and inclusions in it.
View Quote
Did you clean both sides of the glass? I thought I had the same issue until I realized how much gets on the inside of the lens.
Link Posted: 5/30/2022 6:01:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Bradd_D:
Did you clean both sides of the glass? I thought I had the same issue until I realized how much gets on the inside of the lens.
View All Quotes

It's like looking at a dime store diamond, with black spots and inclusions in it.

Yes. I stated that in my first post. I literally just got it and installed it on a brand new, unfired handgun. I cleaned the inside and outside of the lense.
Link Posted: 5/30/2022 6:14:00 PM EDT
[#10]
I need to reserve some observations on the EFLX till it goes live, till then, the things I can share:

DPP footprint is good, we don't need yet another footprint
Sight body is thinner than that of the DPP, but thicker than the RMR, you'll need sight sets with 0.365 or 0.040 for lower 1/3 co-witness
Window is smaller than DPP but larger than RMR
Lens is well recessed, you can rack the slide with the EFLX without damaging the lens, but the same can be said of most open emitter red dot sights too.

We will buy one as soon as it's released.  Its being made in the USA is a great thing, and the price point is between an RMR and H sight, I think it'll do well.
View Quote

Using the DPP footprint makes it obvious they want a mil contract for the SIGs. I wonder why they didn't include a way to attach a rear backup sight like the DPP has.
Link Posted: 5/30/2022 6:54:38 PM EDT
[#11]

Yes. I stated that in my first post. I literally just got it and installed it on a brand new, unfired handgun. I cleaned the inside and outside of the lense.
View Quote
Actually, you just said you cleaned the glass.

You bought it from a reputable source?
Link Posted: 5/30/2022 7:08:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Duffy] [#12]
The backup sight that can be installed on the back of the DPP doesn't get much love, it's not very good, Leupold won't mind me saying so, as it likes our DPP plate and Dawson sights for LE and MIL applications.

Being the sight body is not as thick as the DPP's but still thicker than the RMR's, sight sets with 0.365 should be enough to provide lower 1/3 co-witness.  As a reference, DPP require sight sets with a 0.5 front sight.

Originally Posted By MeatBag:

Using the DPP footprint makes it obvious they want a mil contract for the SIGs. I wonder why they didn't include a way to attach a rear backup sight like the DPP has.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/30/2022 7:32:16 PM EDT
[#13]
As a reference, DPP require sight sets with a 0.5 front sight.
View Quote

So you gotta attach a skyscraper as a front sight?
Link Posted: 5/30/2022 10:10:00 PM EDT
[#14]
That height sounds crazy, but it's not too bad when everything is installed.  No agencies I know of will allow a red dot gun without backup sights on duty, DPP's window is huge and clear, the tall backup sights are a compromise, it's not as bad as one might think.
Link Posted: 5/30/2022 10:30:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mudholestomper] [#15]

View All Quotes

Yes sir. From a local gun shop at an indoor range that a work buddy works at part time. (That was a mouthful and probably could have been said in a better way)

Got it for a great price because of his employee discount, buuuut…
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 7:18:09 AM EDT
[#16]

Yes sir. From a local gun shop at an indoor range that a work buddy works at part time. (That was a mouthful and probably could have been said in a better way)

View All Quotes

Trijicon will make things right.
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 9:57:25 AM EDT
[#17]
I just recently returned my RMR for a similar issue.  A bad batch may have gotten past QC.
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 8:40:28 AM EDT
[#18]
I'm hoping the Eotech durability tests start coming out soon (and they actually become available). I've been wanting to cut an M&P but have been holding out for the footprint. I'd like to try DPP instead of RMR, but if there are no durable options then I guess it will be rmr again. Hopefully the eotech solves the problem. If it passes Cowans drop test I'll commit.
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 11:06:32 AM EDT
[#19]
Attachment Attached File

Just another in a long line, but this one belongs to me.
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 12:59:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Do you have a favorite optic?
View Quote

@MeatBag, at this point the RMR is. I haven't yet shot with SRO and wouldn't be surprised if I like that more. I have had all good experiences with the Holosuns, but can't say I am crazy about the 509T. Just not sure it offers any real benefits at the expense a weird footprint requiring a higher mount. The Leupold DPP micro is just a ghost ring, it sucks. The DPP I am not crazy about; I don't like the footprint, it is ugly, it is tall, and turning these things on and off blocks the emitter so it is sort of a pain to verify that it is on/off. The RomeoZero was kind of a similiar experience.

TLDR, buy Trijicon. If you can't afford it, buy a Holosun that fits an RMR cut.
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 4:11:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Holdemdown:
I just recently returned my RMR for a similar issue.  A bad batch may have gotten past QC.
View Quote

Interesting. My glass was pretty awful.

I messaged them through their website and dropped it off with UPS this morning.
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 6:36:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TW200] [#22]
My glock is completed and has a perfect CO witness.

Link Posted: 6/3/2022 12:09:41 AM EDT
[#23]
I posted about this in the Sage Comp thread on the glock forum but figured I'd mention it here as well.  I think the additional weight of the 508T is causing issues with certain ammo types through this comp (which uses a proprietary guide rod so the comp can self-time for toolless removal). I tested 9 different types of FMJ with the comp, all 100% reliable with the stock 19x slide, but with the 19/508T (1.1oz heavier) 5 were reliable and the other 4 malfunctioned 1-3 times per mag.  

fail with 19/508T, pass with 19x:
Geco 124gr (whitebox EU), Geco 115gr (redbox EU), Magtech 124gr, Blazer Brass 115gr

zero malfunctions with both slides:
Geco 115gr (whitebox US), RUAG 124gr, Magtech 115gr, Winchester USA 115gr, Fiocchi 115gr

All of this ammo works 100% with the 19/508 and OEM barrel/assembly. This is the only comp I've used and as I mentioned it uses a proprietary guide rod, so I have no idea if optic weight would affect a KKM etc w/ standard recoil assembly. The people running RMR's with this comp haven't had any of the issues I ran into with the 508T setup though, and I think this is due to the extra .8oz compared to an RMR.

508T - 2oz
SRO - 1.6oz
407/507 - 1.5oz
RMR - 1.2oz

I have a 507c that was intended for a P10, so I'm going to try testing that with the comp to see if it makes a difference.
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 10:18:04 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 3:27:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 8:52:22 PM EDT
[#26]
I have finally joined the future

Link Posted: 6/6/2022 11:47:01 PM EDT
[#27]
We’ll I’ll know what all the fuss is about in a few days. Finally adding a 507C to my gun.
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 12:23:54 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By joglee:
We’ll I’ll know what all the fuss is about in a few days. Finally adding a 507C to my gun.
View Quote

excellent choice
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 10:24:45 PM EDT
[#29]
I'm getting set to have my 19 slide milled for a RMR.

do you guys have any advantages/cons to putting the rear iron site either in front or behind the rmr? what's your reasoning for liking one over the other?

I'm sure it's been discussed but trying to scan 50 pages...

appreciate the help.
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 10:49:58 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Bennjammin:
I'm getting set to have my 19 slide milled for a RMR.

do you guys have any advantages/cons to putting the rear iron site either in front or behind the rmr? what's your reasoning for liking one over the other?

I'm sure it's been discussed but trying to scan 50 pages...

appreciate the help.
View Quote
Look at the links at bottom of OP
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 3:39:39 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Fooboy:
Look at the links at bottom of OP
View Quote

appreciate that, thank you.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 9:55:03 AM EDT
[#32]
Iron in front of optic FTMFW!
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 1:59:52 PM EDT
[#33]
Both of my RMRs are mounted in front of the rear sight, but that's because they're both MOS/FCD and Staccato plate systems. If I was going to mill a gun for an RMR, I would put the rear sight forward of the RMR.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 3:24:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: joglee] [#34]
Finally joined the fold. I'll be upgrading to a CHPWS plate when they eventually get them back in stock...Hopefully soon.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 3:36:19 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Real_PhillBert:
Both of my RMRs are mounted in front of the rear sight, but that's because they're both MOS/FCD and Staccato plate systems. If I was going to mill a gun for an RMR, I would put the rear sight forward of the RMR.
View Quote
I have a Glock 17 Gen 4 MOS with the rear sight behind the optic and I have two milled Glock 43X's with the rear sight in front of the optic. Visually either is fine, but functionally I prefer the rear sight in front of the optic.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 5:39:06 PM EDT
[#36]
Ok, if you were gonna get a set of irons, blacked out rear, tritium front, lower third, not suppressor height, what sights would you choose?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 5:56:57 PM EDT
[#37]
Ok, if you were gonna get a set of irons, blacked out rear, tritium front, lower third, not suppressor height, what sights would you choose?

Thanks.
View Quote
I put this set on my Glock 17 Gen 4 MOS. It is lower third.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/8/2022 9:23:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: eaglecp] [#38]

Thanks.
View Quote

I may have missed what gun you are running, but on one of my P320’s, I have Trijicon HV sights on it. They are slightly lower than “lower 1/3”. I can just make out the front and rear sight cut outs through an RMR window. It’s very hard to photo. I HATE, and I will say that emphasized, I HATE when the window of my MRD is “busied up” with irons. I have found that the slightly lower profile of the HV sights is preferable to suppressor height XRAY3’s for me.
Crappy pic I know but you get the idea.

Cp
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 12:14:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Blacktoothgrin] [#39]
Doh!
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 12:16:28 PM EDT
[#40]
I put this set on my Glock 17 Gen 4 MOS. It is lower third.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/2261/IMG_3602_JPG-2411809.JPG
View Quote

So did I, good sights and not too expensive. Why they don't serrated the rears like regular height sights I'll never know
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 3:55:28 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Holdemdown:

Why they don't serrated the rears like regular height sights I'll never know
View Quote
That's a good question.
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 10:40:04 PM EDT
[#42]
I have finally joined the future

https://i.imgur.com/HNajMKl.jpg
View Quote

have you had that light for awhile or just get it? I can't find one anywhere
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 6:10:20 AM EDT
[#43]
Attachment Attached File

Spent some time with each of these last weekend.  The Leupold on the 26 takes a bit of getting used to
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 8:54:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Happycamp] [#44]
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 3:57:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: joglee] [#45]
We’ll I’m a believer. Took my 507c and got it sighted in, and saw a big difference in my group sizes…also realized how unsteady my hands are…. Oh well, still get all A shots at 25 yards.

Not the biggest fan of the ACSS chevron, love the giant ring, but kinda wish it had a dot with the ring. I find the chevron harder to zero personally than a dot.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 4:00:00 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By joglee:
We’ll I’m a believer. Took my 507c and got it sighted in, and saw a big difference in my group sizes…also realized how unsteady my hands are…. Oh well, still get all A shots at 25 yards.

Not the biggest fan of the ACSS chevron, love the giant ring, but kinda wish it had a dot with the ring. I find the chevron harder to zero personally than a dot.
View Quote

It will definitely show you how much you need to steady your aim.
Link Posted: 6/18/2022 8:09:18 PM EDT
[#47]
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

I just finished my CCW renewal class today.  I really like shooting with RMR's now.  I highly recommend them.
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 9:27:03 PM EDT
[#48]
This has become a problem
I started down this journey with a Glock 34 MOS and an RMR RM01 that I stole off my ACOG.  I liked it so much I’m now up to four RDS equipped pistols.  

Glock 19 Gen 5 MOS - RMR RM06
Glock 17 Gen 5 MOS - Holosun 509T X2
Glock 34 Gen 5 MOS - RMR RM06
Sig P320 M17 - RMR RM06 HRS

Link Posted: 6/19/2022 9:51:03 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By HD2006:
This has become a problem
I started down this journey with a Glock 34 MOS and an RMR RM01 that I stole off my ACOG.  I liked it so much I’m now up to four RDS equipped pistols.  

Glock 19 Gen 5 MOS - RMR RM06
Glock 17 Gen 5 MOS - Holosun 509T X2
Glock 34 Gen 5 MOS - RMR RM06
Sig P320 M17 - RMR RM06 HRS

https://i.imgur.com/faXEjKs.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/dirA474.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/M6rH2Wu.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/sUAZN1u.jpg
View Quote

RDS all the things.

I've already conceded that any new handgun I get will be getting a dot.
Link Posted: 6/20/2022 1:27:32 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 70
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top