BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 70
Link Posted: 6/20/2022 1:24:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/20/2022 2:39:45 PM EDT
[#2]
I picked up a XL365 for dry fire practice. The last few nights Ive been shooting it. I kind of like it!  I’ll have to run a few drills with it!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 9:48:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Still excitedly waiting on the Staccato plates!
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 10:31:56 AM EDT
[#4]
They're ready, just waiting for the steel rear sights to show up
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 10:38:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Duffy:
View Quote
C'mon, man!
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 12:25:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tranquility] [#6]
Just preaching to the choir but after trying one on a P320 it was meh but on a second P320 woth a grip frame that fit my hand better it was like a pistol became a PCC. I'm having my Glock 19 milled.
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 1:05:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Duffy:
View Quote

Sweet, just need an ACRO P2 and the FCD Plate for this guy lol

Link Posted: 6/23/2022 10:22:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 10:37:32 AM EDT
[#9]
My three optics equipped pistols.

Link Posted: 7/1/2022 12:27:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Just waiting on FCD to release their Staccato plate.
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 1:30:10 PM EDT
[#11]
They're ready, just without the rear sights which are being reworked
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 10:11:05 AM EDT
[#12]
AIWB FTW!

Link Posted: 7/7/2022 7:30:47 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By army75th:
Gave red dot a chance. Practicing did not help , after 6,000 rounds I came to the conclusion- irons is faster than chasing a damn dot. Just another fad
View Quote

If you are chasing a dot, it sounds like your presentation needs work.
Link Posted: 7/7/2022 8:10:29 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Vic_Crown:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Gave red dot a chance. Practicing did not help , after 6,000 rounds I came to the conclusion- irons is faster than chasing a damn dot. Just another fad

100%
Link Posted: 7/7/2022 1:12:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NorthPolar] [#15]

View Quote

Yup. Putting a dot on my .22 Glock upper has helped me figure a lot out about my presentation and trigger pull.  Plus, the SO loves practicing with it.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/7/2022 5:22:43 PM EDT
[#16]

View All Quotes

Tape over the front lens with painters tape helps a ton.
Link Posted: 7/10/2022 2:04:01 AM EDT
[#17]
Do y’all use blue or purple loctite? I’m leaning towards purple due to it being designed for small screws.
Link Posted: 7/10/2022 2:56:17 AM EDT
[#18]
Blue
Link Posted: 7/10/2022 10:49:34 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By joglee:
Do y’all use blue or purple loctite? I’m leaning towards purple due to it being designed for small screws.
View Quote

Blue
Link Posted: 7/10/2022 1:41:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: joglee] [#20]
Thank, I’ll use blue. Took a chance on CHPWS(Not a lot of RMR M&P Mounts for some reason). No regrets, I either got a good batch or they fixed their CQ issues.
Link Posted: 7/10/2022 9:40:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Do y'all use blue or purple loctite? I'm leaning towards purple due to it being designed for small screws.
View Quote
Vibra Tite VC3
Link Posted: 7/10/2022 9:47:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Purple works fine. Just make sure the threads are degreased really good. I use rubbing alcohol regardless of which Loctite I'm going to use.

I've been using only grease and proper torque on scope rings forever and never had one come loose.
Link Posted: 7/10/2022 9:58:06 PM EDT
[#23]
PSA: Plates are bullshit, I'm getting this bitch milled. Also waiting on a not-Chinese company to make a green dot that's worth a damn.

Link Posted: 7/11/2022 10:09:02 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By pokey074:
Vibra Tite VC3
View Quote
I'm going to try this again next time. I tried it once and tried to apply it like Loctite. It didn't go well.
Link Posted: 7/11/2022 10:46:42 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Bradd_D:
I'm going to try this again next time. I tried it once and tried to apply it like Loctite. It didn't go well.
View Quote

IIRC you have to wait for it to get tacky before you tighten your fasteners
Link Posted: 7/11/2022 5:17:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By AK-12:

IIRC you have to wait for it to get tacky before you tighten your fasteners
View Quote
Yep, I didn't know that the first time.
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 5:33:59 PM EDT
[#27]
Last question. Do you go to 15in/lb torque on the CHPWS screws? The holosun screws call for 15in/lb, but the CHPWS provided screw are longer and I've read they should be torqued to 10in/lb.
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 10:20:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Gunnie357] [#28]
Last question. Do you go to 15in/lb torque on the CHPWS screws? The holosun screws call for 15in/lb, but the CHPWS provided screw are longer and I've read they should be torqued to 10in/lb.
View Quote

Plate to slide 10 in/lb same with optic to plate Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 11:05:37 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Gunnie357:

Plate to slide 10 in/lb same with optic to plate https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/490499/2A1DB797-D0EC-4C86-BF84-1BA43B9F8656_png-2450736.JPG
View Quote

Thanks. I take it that applies to the M&P which has the screws mount to the slide vs plate.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 12:11:40 AM EDT
[#30]

Thanks. I take it that applies to the M&P which has the screws mount to the slide vs plate.
View All Quotes

Plate to slide 10 in/lb same with optic to plate https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/490499/2A1DB797-D0EC-4C86-BF84-1BA43B9F8656_png-2450736.JPG

Can’t speak for that typically what I’ve seen has been 10 from plate to gun. As for direct milled guns I don’t know. I’m running ten from plate to gun then 25 from optic to plate per manufacture but that’s a Sig optic. Let me check my optics sheet see if it says what optic specifically are you running?
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 2:59:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: joglee] [#31]

Can’t speak for that typically what I’ve seen has been 10 from plate to gun. As for direct milled guns I don’t know. I’m running ten from plate to gun then 25 from optic to plate per manufacture but that’s a Sig optic. Let me check my optics sheet see if it says what optic specifically are you running?
View Quote

I should have worded that better. The M&P uses the CHPWS plate, but is threaded for the RMR so the screws gos straight through the optic and plate into the slide.

Optic I’m using the 507C.

ETA: Ended up just going with 13in/lb which should work fine.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 10:03:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Gunnie357] [#32]

I should have worded that better. The M&P uses the CHPWS plate, but is threaded for the RMR so the screws gos straight through the optic and plate into the slide.

View All Quotes

15 in/lb is the spec I have listed for Holsun 507/508/509 so 13 should be dandy. Mine calls for 30 but I run 25
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 10:03:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RazorEdge] [#33]
Originally Posted By karmapolice:

Sweet, just need an ACRO P2 and the FCD Plate for this guy lol

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52164566527_e87486fa84_b.jpg
View Quote

I have a P with an RMR and it's a tack driver but the window is still bothering me.  I put over 5000 rounds through my X5 Legion with a DPP and I'm so much more used to the larger window.

I'll give it more time but I might end up with a DPP on my P as well.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 1:13:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: HAGDADDY] [#34]
I finally broke down and joined the game.  Picked up a Browe BMRc for my Hellcat Pro.  Need to get to the range with it.  Also have a Primary Arms SLX RS10 on the way for my Masada.  Thinking about a Holoson SCS for my G45 MOS.  Figured I might as well join the future and go all in.  My eyes aren't getting any younger either.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 7:52:35 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 8:00:01 PM EDT
[#36]
@dukefan23

i want to try the bottom one
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 8:09:24 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Fooboy:
@dukefan23

View All Quotes
@dukefan23

Yea, with the S15’s being gtg in my 48, it’s the reason I don’t carry the 19 much anymore.  Love the setup.
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 8:05:06 AM EDT
[#38]
Going to try this dot thing out. After a bought with optic Nueritis and a little bit of damage to my right eye, making out the front sight is slightly less easy than it was before.
With an astigmatism red dots always looked like starburts.
Going to see what the green ACSS is all about. Just playing around the house, I like it so far.

Link Posted: 7/18/2022 7:25:24 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By HAGDADDY:
I finally broke down and joined the game.  Picked up a Browe BMRc for my Hellcat Pro.  Need to get to the range with it.  Also have a Primary Arms SLX RS10 on the way for my Masada.  Thinking about a Holoson SCS for my G45 MOS.  Figured I might as well join the future and go all in.  My eyes aren't getting any younger either.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/231293/20220713_134514_jpg-2452232.JPG
View Quote

Interested in the Browe BMRc, looks like it will fit the Glock 43x/48 mos and Sig P365x/xl footprint without an adapter plate. Is the Browe USA made?
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 7:28:23 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By bad2006z71:
Going to try this dot thing out. After a bought with optic Nueritis and a little bit of damage to my right eye, making out the front sight is slightly less easy than it was before.
Going to see what the green ACSS is all about. Just playing around the house, I like it so far.

https://i.imgur.com/eurBxNJh.jpg

View Quote

Is the green dot crisper than red for you?
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 8:23:28 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By dahawk76:

Interested in the Browe BMRc, looks like it will fit the Glock 43x/48 mos and Sig P365x/xl footprint without an adapter plate. Is the Browe USA made?
View Quote

Best info I can find it "designed, sourced, and manufactured in the USA".
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 9:18:28 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By MeatBag:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MeatBag:
Originally Posted By bad2006z71:

https://i.imgur.com/eurBxNJh.jpg

With the damage to my eye dots are not crisp anymore well they never were with my astigmatism. I can see green better than red now and the chevron looks better to me than a dot.
Green fiber optic, though duller than before Optic nueritis, pops more than red for me.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 7:05:42 AM EDT
[#43]
Attachment Attached File

Kind of wish I had went with the 507K but I'm still pretty happy with it.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 12:56:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tranquility] [#44]
We’ll I’m a believer. Took my 507c and got it sighted in, and saw a big difference in my group sizes…also realized how unsteady my hands are…. Oh well, still get all A shots at 25 yards.
View Quote

Yeah I thought my sight had some electronic disturbance affecting it or something so I laid it on the table and looked. Nope, just my shaky hands.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 1:41:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Fooboy] [#45]
Something I see in the GD threads arguing over the merits of RDS on pistol is the failure to account for the major benefits in speed/accuracy/mental processing when shooting a "dynamic" course of fire (moving+shooting with multiple targets and barricades, etc) vs something more vanilla (draw and fire at single target or array).

If you are just shooting for slowfire accuracy or draw and fire at cardboard at 10 yards, although your results will
be better with a dot, a dot is not really a game changer here.

When you start moving+shooting and engaging targets behind cover near and far, a RDS is a legit cheat code.

Yeah, I can ping reduced C zone silhouettes at 50y with irons just the same as with a dot, but I'm much slower and do not call my shots as well.

Benefits:
Target focus
Increased accuracy
Faster
Improved presentation and irons shooting

Costs:
$$$
A good, consistent presentation (<<< the main barrier to enlightenment)

IYKYK
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 4:53:08 PM EDT
[#46]
Something I see in the GD threads arguing over the merits of RDS on pistol is the failure to account for the major benefits in speed/accuracy/mental processing when shooting a "dynamic" course of fire (moving+shooting with multiple targets and barricades, etc) vs something more vanilla (draw and fire at single target or array).

If you are just shooting for slowfire accuracy or draw and fire at cardboard at 10 yards, although your results will

When you start moving+shooting and engaging targets behind cover near and far, a RDS is a legit cheat code.

Yeah, I can ping reduced C zone silhouettes at 50y with irons just the same as with a dot, but I'm much slower and do not call my shots as well.

Benefits:
Target focus
Increased accuracy
Faster

Costs:
$$$

IYKYK
View Quote

This!  100%!
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 4:56:54 PM EDT
[#47]

Benefits:
Target focus
Increased accuracy
Faster

Costs:
$$$

IYKYK
View Quote

Main reason I went with the ACSS Vulcan, helps me cheat at the presentation until I can really get it down every time.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 7:56:55 PM EDT
[#48]
Got a chance to shoot the Hellcat Pro with the Browe BMRc today and the Masada with the Primary Arms SLX RS10.  They were easy to zero and did not have any problems.

I am new to red dots on handguns so I dont much to compare them too but, it was fun.  Was able to find the dot, get on target, and get rounds off pretty quick.

I did notice how shaky my hands are Iike others have said.  Wow.  I don't notice that with the irons.  But I'm looking forward to getting some more time with these.

I'm also planning on getting a Holosun SCS for my G45 MOS.  I also have a FN509 MRD LAPD model that I'm picking up tomorrow.  Not sure what I'll mount on it but I may hold out for the new Eotec.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 8:24:32 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By HAGDADDY:
Got a chance to shoot the Hellcat Pro with the Browe BMRc today and the Masada with the Primary Arms SLX RS10.  They were easy to zero and did not have any problems.

I am new to red dots on handguns so I dont much to compare them too but, it was fun.  Was able to find the dot, get on target, and get rounds off pretty quick.

I did notice how shaky my hands are Iike others have said.  Wow.  I don't notice that with the irons.  But I'm looking forward to getting some more time with these.

I'm also planning on getting a Holosun SCS for my G45 MOS.  I also have a FN509 MRD LAPD model that I'm picking up tomorrow.  Not sure what I'll mount on it but I may hold out for the new Eotec.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/231293/20220719_182955_jpg-2459225.JPG
View Quote

Report on the RS10 after you get a few rounds on it please
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 3:25:38 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 70
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top